Hermione's Twin ⇒ Fred Weasley

By microwavedcoffee

[Book 1 of HT Series] ❝you don't fall in love with people because they're fun. it just happens... More

summary + copyright
Ch. 1: The Beginning
Ch. 2: You're Adopted
Ch. 3: Sister, Sister?
Ch. 4: Arthur Weasley
Ch. 6: Taking A Tumble
Ch. 7: Good Morning?
Ch. 8: Country Sides
Ch. 9: Magic, Magic
Ch. 10: Gaudy Outfits
Ch. 11: Hogwarts Express
Ch. 12: Sorting Ceremony
Ch. 13: Midnight Meeting
Ch. 14: Casting Curses
Ch. 15: Practicing Potions
Ch. 16: The Triwizard Champions
Ch. 17: The Slytherin
Ch. 18: Potter Stinks
Ch. 19: One Liners
Ch. 20: Bets & Burns
Ch. 21: Band of Baboons
Ch. 22: Annoying Articles
Ch. 23: Match Maker
Ch. 24: Oliver Wood Is A Hunk
Ch. 25: Sister Snooping
Ch. 26: Dashed Dignity
Ch. 27: Bitter Brunettes
Ch. 28: Spyder Fred
Ch. 29: Making Amends
Ch. 30: The Yule Ball
Ch. 31: Christmas Special
Ch. 32: The Hufflepuff
Ch. 33: Cold Waters
Ch. 34: Thieves & Threats
Ch. 35: Valentine's Day Fiasco
Ch. 36: Love & Suckers
Ch. 37: Serpent's Charm
Ch. 38: Life or Death
Ch. 39: Chrysanthemums
Ch. 40: Lana's Fears
Epilogue!
Song List:
Sequel Info

Ch. 5: Seeing Double

92.4K 3K 2.9K
By microwavedcoffee

Ch. 5: Seeing Double

Song For Trailer: Carried Away by Passion Pit

FRED

     "George, have you seen those Exploding Spider Snacks I was carrying 'round?"

     "You mean the ones that crawl around and go off in hidden places?"

      I pat down my empty pockets and smirked as George got up from the kitchen table, a mug in hand and a wand tucked behind his ear. "Well, er, they're gone."

BANG!

     "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT?!" Ron screeched from upstairs. "S-Sp-Spiders, H-Harry, kill it."

     "Ron, get off!" Harry grunted. There was a loud thump, which I assumed was the sound of Harry shoving my brother off him, followed by a repetition of stomping sounds as Harry smooshed the candies on the hardwood floor. 

     "Blimey," George huffed, running up the stairs and yelling at the pair. "DON'T JUST SMASH 'EM." Though he was gone, their voices carried down to the kitchen where I grabbed the kettle and poured myself a cup of tea. "They're edible and Fred and I paid good money for you to squeal, Ronnie."

      "Piss off, George," Ron said, his voice breaking as I chuckled from downstairs, able to hear the three of them arguing over the loose, little critters. 

      My dad got home 'round one in the morning. Technically, George and I were supposed to be in bed, but we couldn't help but plot to give Hermione a scare when she got here. Ron would be peeved, and that's one of the things George and I live for. Too bad the spiders were meant to be for Hermione. 

         She usually never fell for our tricks. 

      George returned to the kitchen and tossed me what was left. With a couple of spiders in our mouths and a newly hatching plot in our minds, George and I talked animatedly, trying to come up with a new, last-minute scheme.

     " 'Ello Fred, George, could you help me for a second?" My dad whispered to me as he walked through the front door, not even caring that we were still up. "George, I need you to help bring in the girls' bags, and, well, Fred your's is a little more complex."

       "Woah, hold on --" George looked to me, confused.

      "--girls; plural?" I finished his sentence.

      Dad just nodded and lead us outside to his car. It was dark and I could see Hermione sleeping in the back seat that my dad had set up, but one of the sleeping bags was empty beside her. "I need you to carry her inside, Fred," Dad whispered to me and nodded towards Hermione.

       I shook my head right away. She looked heavy, besides, Ron would blow up if he witnessed Hermione in my arms. However, I paused at the thought of that. It would be sort of fun, and it wasn't as if I couldn't do it -- I'd carried Oliver Wood off the Quidditch pitch plenty of times before.

     "Maybe you should get Ronnie to carry her. Hermione doesn't really care for me too much, and, if she woke up while I was carrying her to her room, she would throw a giant fit. She'd wake up the house, I reckon," I whispered back to my dad. Honestly, I didn't care whether she would wake up or not; I was more curious about meeting this other girl my dad had mentioned. The disappearing act was mysterious, I must admit.

     My dad looked at me for a long time, puzzled, before his face cleared and was replaced with a humorous one. "That's not Hermione, Fred. That's her twin: Elizabeth, or Elle rather."

     I chuckled lightly and shook my head. "Yeah, right. Hermione has a twin? Does the world really need another know-it-all?" He frowned at me, his brow furrowed in disappointment at my harsh words while he pointed behind me. Slowly, I turned my head to come face-to-face with a peeved Hermione Granger, her wild mane growing more ferocious with her annoyance.

      "Well, obviously, since you're too close-minded to see something that is right in front of your face." She pointed her nose in the air, her eyes rolling down to look at me, despite the fact that I was taller than her by a mile. "And furthermore, there is nothing wrong with being more intelligent than a dead rat."

      George caught my eye before he walked back into the house with the last of the luggage and we both rolled our eyes in syncronization. It was a good zinger, however. I had to admit.

     "Be careful with her, Fred." My dad warned me as he and Hermione walked into the house, leaving the door open for me. Then, before I could really even figure out what the hell to do, he poked his head back out to me and added: "Do not feed her one of you and George's candies!" as a side note.

        "Brilliant idea, Dad. She's the perfect specimen." It was a joke, but he gave me a stern glare that told me not to mess with him, especially after what Georgie and I had done to Harry's cousin Doofus Dudley. 

    It wasn't George and my fault he ate those toffees. Honestly. They just... happened to somehow slip out of our pockets and roll onto the floor by his feet. We didn't force them down his throat.

     I snickered at the mental image of the Muggle's tongue growing a meter long and continuing to grow until it rolled across his foyer floor. Dad's stern gaze locked with my own humored one and I quickly wiped the smile from my lips, waving a hand in his direction as I bent down into the car.

       It was weird to carry a girl I'd never met, nor cared about. And, she was Hermione's sister so chances were she was also insufferable and would wake to explain to me what the precise composition of a rubber duck was as well as its function. I refrained from rolling my eyes.

      "Hey. Wake up." 

     I poked her arm, she was squishy but didn't move at my touch in the slightest. Sighing, I leaned further in and cleared my throat, thinking that would do it, but nothing changed. "Wakey wakey!" I sang, but nothing.

       This 'L' was obviously a really heavy sleeper. Chuckling, I gave up and slipped my left arm under her knees and my right around her shoulders, pulling her into my chest as to not hit her upside the car door. That wouldn't be very fun to hear her gripe about.

     "Shit, you're heavy," I told her. "Heavier than Wood."

     Elle groaned a little and shifted her weight in my arms, nuzzling her head into my chest. I gazed down at her for a second, surprised, thinking she had woken up. But, as she started to snore a little, I noted that she hadn't and I continued to carry her into the house.

      "Okay, so maybe that's an overstatement," I replied to myself, shuffling through the open door and kicking it closed with the heel of my shoe. "You're not that heavy."

      When I passed the threshold, I paused. Where was she going to sleep? Hermione and Ginny were in Ginny's room, George had the couch and Percy was refusing to share his room with anyone, while Harry and Ron were in mine and George's room. 

     "More importantly: where am I going to sleep?" I muttered to myself, lowly. The only room left was Bill and Charlie's old room next to the kitchen. The girl groaned and mumbled in her sleep. I couldn't make out what she was saying but did catch the words 'Sun' and 'Stupid', 

     At least I did not have to go up many stairs.

     Sighing, I carried the girl to the room and set her on Charlie's old bed, the least dusty one in the room. I knew George was behind me before he even said anything. "So what are you going to do?" He juggled a toothbrush under his nose. The girl flopped onto the bed as I dropped her, but she quickly recovered, snuggling into the musty pillow.

     I chuckled and shook my head. "Don' know, guess I have to sleep in Bill's bed?" George just winked at me and I closed the door behind us as we left the room. "Can you believe it though?"

     "Honestly?" George continued to brush his teeth, thinking about the newfound addition in the house. "No. Hermione doesn't seem the...type to have a twin." He winked at me and we both snickered to ourselves. Spitting into the kitchen sink, George jumped onto the lumpy old couch with a grin, arm slung under his head. "Well, goodnight, Fred. I hope she doesn't kill you in the morning."

      Shaking my head, I quietly agreed and walked back into the room. "Goodnight, George."

ELLE 

      I woke up to the sound of light snoring. I rolled over and threw my pillow over my head to try and drown out the sound, knowing that I haven't been asleep long enough. I needed at least ten hours. It was summer for heaven's sake. Sleep is essential.

       The pillow helped block the sound, but I noticed my bed didn't exactly smell normal. It smelt musky and like dust. Even a little masculine. Frowning, I slowly sat up on the bed and looked at my surroundings. 

     Where the fuck....I had no idea where I was.

      Sitting in a small room with peeling red and gold wallpaper, I peered around, my wild curls matted together from the tossing and turning I must have done from my dreams. It was around dusk, judging by the soft blue light filtering through the window frame. The room was cosy, with a cabinet nestled in the far corner and two dressers, both of oak wood adorned with brass handles and painted with little designs of flowers. The bed spread was made from hand knitted blankets that were super soft but still unfamiliar to me as I ran a hand down the perfectly knitted designs of greens, blues and pinks forming patterns of water lilies basking in the sun. Straining my eyes to look through the darkness of the early morning, I saw an unfamiliar person sleeping in a bed next to mine. 

     Who the fuck.

       I tried to think back to everything I could remember, to get an idea as to where I was. I remembered falling asleep in the car and then feeling really cold, possibly because the car door opened? 

     I remembered hearing some people muttering, but I had fallen back asleep before I could understand what they were saying. I could also remember feeling as if I was floating, as if the sun was holding me in its arms, carrying me somewhere; but, that was just a dream, obviously.

     Someone must have carried me into this room then, not the sun, but they were really warm compared to the cold air outside. Honestly, I wasn't necessarily worried about it at all; I trusted these people. I held up my wristwatch, squinting in the dark to try and see the time.

     "Yup," I whispered it no one. "4:05"

      Yawning, I thought going back to bed when my ears picked up the sound of someone scrapping what sounded like a pan outside the door. Maybe I was sleeping next to the kitchen? Shrugging, I flopped down once more to sleep and the bed let out a creak.

      I could hear footsteps coming from above me as I watched the cream ceiling, feeling wide awake. At four in the morning. What a fucking crime.

     These people were up already? It was four in the morning! I ran a hand through the knots in my curls and thought about what Mr Weasley had said about our early morning ahead. Great, I thought, time to suck it up and get out of bed.

     I could hear a voice above me that sounded like Hermione, a bit muffled by the floor between us.

      "Wake up. Wake UP, Ronald!" She was practically yelling at him, with that familiar annoyed tone that I'd come to love.

     "Bloody hell!" A startled voice ran out. And then groaned.

      A new voice chuckled lightly and then added: "When did you get here, Hermione?"

     "Just now you," She muttered. The fact that I could hear their voices perfectly made me wonder if they were just really loud or if I had developed super powers in my dreams.

       Curiously, I decided it was probably time to get up. Slowly, I crawled out of bed and tiptoed to the door. I got halfway when a wild bed post came from nowhere causing me to stub my toe. "Ouch! Shit!" I cursed, but then quickly covered my mouth. Sneaking a glance at the sleeping person next to me, I realized I had made a mistake.

       The person groaned and sat up. "Good morning to you too, sunshine." He muttered and stepped out of his bed. He was fairly tall compared to me and he has flaming red hair. "Gez you two really are twins. Same frizz hair and all." He chuckled. "I'm Fred."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this one is really short compared to my others but I have like...MAJOR writer's block and need to take a break at the moment :( but still I hope YOU LUV ITT

check out the trailer on the side!! I made it myself (it's terrible I know ahaha) ;))

XOXO JESS

2/6/2017: Hello, you. Just so you know, the fact that Elle can use magic is due to the fact that I wrote this in 2012~ (I honestly can't quite remember if it was 2011 or 2012, so let's just say somewhere in between). Nothing had been put out about the other wizarding countries and so I made up something for myself. I made up rules and I made up the government.

No, I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts. I don't plan on seeing it anytime soon. Sue me.

(10-YA A/N:)  I decided to keep the author's notes from 2011 & 2017 and now 2021 because I feel like it's a time-capsule, in a sense. 

I'll try to get another chapter out but, based on how loud my boyfriend is singing on the couch next to me, we will see. Happy Sunday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 35 33
{𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐} I've written two stories. One in Golen Trio Era, one in Marauders. Completely different stories and characters but the one constant is...
974K 31.6K 110
Survival of Heroes Series, Book 1 ❝All of your flaws and all of my flaws, they lie there hand in hand. Ones we've inherited, ones that we l...
340K 15.4K 65
really, spencer did not mean to fall for her sister's ex-boyfriend. it just so happens that sometimes fate decides to interfere and correct the wron...
73.6K 2.6K 49
One person can change the world, one little thing can change everything. A simple spell said at the right time with enough conviction saved his life...