White Wolf Rising [Completed]

Av JodieDaKitten

All Caleb wanted to do was tell the woman he loved how he felt about her. All he wanted was to be a Deputy. T... Mer

Part:2
Part 3
Part 4: Nightmares
Part 5
Part 6: A Satisfying Kill
Part 7
Part 8: Simona
Part 9: Car Trouble
Part 10: Fogged Glass
Part: 11 Hurtful Words
Part 12: Mine
Part 13: Knock Knock
Part 14: Answers
Part 15: Freddie
Part 16: Leave Town
Part 17: Dean
Part 18: Wet
Part 19: Black Veins
Part 20: Family Secrets
Part 21: Mother
Part 22: Big Brother
Part 23: Awake
Part 24: You are one
Part 25: Bloodied
Inferno
Slaughter House
Visitor
A Story To Tell Pt.1
A Story To Tell Pt.2
🔥Heat
Tender Moments Like These
Daddy Dearest
New Beginnings...
A Deal With The Devil
Metamorphosis
Little Birdie
💀Silver Bullet🔫
Breaking
Rachel
Good Deeds
Lightening ⚡
Strike
Welcome Home
Cadence Of Wolves

Part:1

13.9K 453 188
Av JodieDaKitten

(Pardon all the typos, I am still doing heavy edits. Chapters 3-5 will be up in a few days. This is my first book I have been brave enough to put online, so please any feedback you can give is always welcome. But please be kind :) Thanks for reading!)

This first part is long, sorry. I combined 2 chapters, but the end has a nice payoff. 👹

           Mary Lou's Truck Stop Diner. Two Waitresses sat behind the counter waiting for something- anything to happen. It was 1:00 Am on a Wednesday night in a small town. They hadn't had a customer in over an hour. Rachel was going crazy, she refilled the lemonade pitcher after drinking almost all of it, surfed the web on her phone, text some local fellas that she had her eye on, checked all of her social media. But she quickly grew bored with that. It was hard for anything to hold her attention for very long, especially men. Rachel needed excitement, sponatanity and passion; according to her none of the men in town had any of those qualities, well except one man.

          On the other hand Simona was completely content reading her new book of erotic poems. She thumbed threw the pages engrossed in each line, taking in the words with appreciation for the delicate way each sentences was constructed. Every once in a while she read something particularly steamy and giggle to herself. She would always look up and see if the embarrassment showed in her face. As if everyone knew exactly what she reading at that moment and instantly judging her, despite being alone or at a Diner with one other person. That was Rachel's cue to ask...

"What's so funny?"

         Hunching her shoulders Simona replied with a sigh, "This is a good one."

"Oh?" She asked semi interested. "A good poem? I hope it's not like the last one. It was way to cute. Don't sell me erotica and give me some G rated romance." She said pinching her nose and waving imaginary stink lines. "It was bad."

"No this one is...." She tried to think of the right words but when nothing eloquent came to her own mind she continued with, "Hot." Sitting up straight she rolled her eyes at her own use of the word 'hot'.

      Rachel put her hand on her hip with her usual impatience, "Well don't keep me in suspense, spill it."

     With a delightful smile Simona began, clearing her throat to use her best 'sultry' voice.

"Hands tip toe down her back,

The lights are low,

     She whispers 'yes'

     A beautiful Shiver,

    With each caress.

    Wanting eyes

    And hungry lips.

    Bated breath,

    And writhing hips.

    Fingers trace,

   Supple tits..."

      Rachel smiled hard waiting forSimona to keep going but, headlights flashed through the Diner windows. Abruptly Simona stopped reading. Both ladies knew it was Deputies Morris and Talley coming in for their late night lunch break. Rachel had her sights on one man at the moment, Deputy Caleb Talley. The highlight of her evening was their nightly stop at the Diner.

     Rachel began to tug at her uniform top, shimming the stiff polyester apron down as far as it would go and began to adjust her boobs to look like; as Rachel would put it, like tiny but perfect bubble butt was hiding in her shirt. A butt no man could refuse a glance at and Rachel was ready to give a nice show to a particular Deputy. She squished and pushed her breasts in an attempt to showcase her little handful of cleavage. She wanted to be sure their two Deputy customers got a proper view. Even if it wasn't much, her true glory was behind her and much lower down. She prided herself on her magnificent ass. Rachel tied the apron tighter to show her lean waistline and pushed out her chest like a bird, high and proud. She smoothed out the wrinkles in the horrible puke green fabric.

      Simona looked down at her book quietly a hint of embarrassment or possibly shame in her eyes, like she had been caught looking at a dirty magazine or something. She would be more than just a little embarrassed if the Deputies knew what she was reading. Thankfully her book of naughty literature was plain hardback book, she had removed the sleeve cover much earlier so that there was no way to tell what she was reading unless you thumbed through the pages.

"Come on tits, don't fail me now." Rachel pleaded to her breasts pulling her shirt so far down you could see the edges of her red lace bra.

       Simona cocked one eyebrow up at her wanting to laugh at the spectacle. With an eye roll and a small chuckle she went back to her book. This was a nightly routine with Rachel, one that Simona was glad she never had to do. Rachel wanted bigger boobs while Simona tried her best to hide hers. She had gone most her 27 years with these big floppy boobs that always got in her way and made every shirt fit strangely or not at all. But on the other hand Simona would've killed to have Rachel's ass, it was big, round, perky and the men in Honeybee Oklahoma drooled over it. And she loved the Daisy Duke look, but with her it was more like denim panties than jean shorts when she adored the classic look.

      Rachel was a fiery red head that stood 5'2 but had the nerve of a 6'0 man and the sex drive of a 16 year old boy. The two waitresses were very much alike but total opposites at the same time. Both were 27, born only a month apart, went to school together from kindergarten all the way to high school. But Rachel had a tiny waist, nice heart shaped ass, milky white skin, freckles, carrot red hair and small boobs, while Simona was 5'7, with an earthy brown skin tone, huge boobs and a chunky waistline that she didn't apologize for. Rachel was loved her 'Slutty Southern Belle' look she looked like a Texas beauty pageant contestant with the big curly hair and thick gobs of make up. Simona had found herself always wearing dark colors, her Grandmother had always told her that there was way too much black in her wardrobe. Her hair was medium length, cut just above her shoulders parted on the side, long bangs that swooped across her left eye, almost like she was hiding from the world. Always craving attention, Rachel loved the spotlight and Simona would rather watch on the sidelines.

     As different as they were they were best friends and had been since they were in diapers. They had the matching tattoos to prove it, two half hearts on their wrists, so when they put their hands together it made one whole heart. They had decided long ago they were in it for the long haul. Friends forever.

"Mmm here they come." Rachel moaned striking a sexy pose as she pretended to be whipping down the counter.

      Since the new Sheriffs station had been built in town the Deputies used Mary Lou's Truck stop as their lunch spot. But it was the only place in town to eat besides a The Hive, a bar at the other end of town and a Sonic on the highway. Rachel loved it, every night she got to oogle the sexy fit Deputies, mainly Caleb Talley.

      The Deputies entered giving both waitresses a smile as they sat at the bar. Simona gave a small polite smile as she looked up from her book that she wasn't actually reading. Deputy Stan Morris was with Caleb as usual. Stan was from Bitter Falls a town 30 miles away in the next county. The Deputies of Bitter Falls had come to help train the new Deputies at the Honeybee Station.

"What can I get for you Officer?" Leaning over the counter with her boobs on display Rachel gave Caleb a wink.

       Caleb kept his eyes down at his menu, clearly nervous. As handsome and strong as he was, Caleb had always been the shy type, women made him nervous. "Um, can I get a cup of coffee to start?"

"Sure thing Sugar." She turned around slowly and sashayed over to the freshly brewed coffee wiggling her ass with every step.

       Stan was going to place and order when Rachel walked off, his brow furrowed when he realized he was being ignored again tonight. As per usual her attention was on Caleb.

       Simona took that as her cue, "And what will you be having Deputy Morris?" she asked setting her book down.

His mesmerizing brown eyes focused on her, looking her up and down, then at her chest, he smiled sweetly his gaze leaving her boobs and slowly drifting up to her, then he answered "Orange juice please and a glass of ice water."

       Nearly blushing Simona went to the back to grab a pitcher of Orange juice, nodding at Caleb as he looked up at her from over his large plastic menu. The 29 year old Deputy Morris was a looker, there was no denying it. He had these sparkling honey colored eyes that twinkled like chocolate diamonds when he smiled, high cheek bones that made him look like a model. His thick brown hair was a short professional cut that made him look innocent and sweet but the look in his eyes told you he was anything but. His muscular, but lean fit body was to die for. The tan Deputies uniform showed off his thick muscular arms nicely and the way it hugged his body, you could tell he was solid underneath.

       Though Caleb was no muddy dog either. Quite the contrary Caleb Talley was gorgeous. He had perfectly styled golden blonde hair, short gelled and combed without a hair out of place, like a crooner from the 60's. He had the brightest blue eyes Simona had ever seen, if you could catch a glimpse of them. His anxious boyish smile would make any woman's heart melt, his dimples made all the girls swoon. His bashfulness is what made him seem so sweet and endearing, both women had thought so since middle school and since grade school his body had went from short and pudgy to tall, lean and firm, something to truly admire.

      Reluctantly Simona had learned to advert her eyes from Caleb. Rachel had made her crush on the Deputy very clear to everyone. Everyone but him. He was too shy or blind to notice the tits an inch from his face.

       With a giggle Rachel spoke in her sexy voice, "Catch any bad guys tonight Officer?" she asked still leaning forward so he could see down her shirt. Simona laughed, if she leaned any further she was going to fall over the counter.

    Caleb looked up unsure if she was speaking to him, "Um no," he cleared his throat nervously finally noticing her breasts, "boring night, gave out a speeding ticket to the Ferguson brothers but that's about it."

      Quickly he went back to his menu trying hard not to look up again. She noticed him squirm and flashed a victorious grin. "Those Ferguson boys are always up to no good."

     Stan rolled his eyes watching Rachel making a fool of herself, his aggravation made him chimed in, "It was just a speeding ticket. And technically he's not an Officer."

"I thought you graduated three days ago?" Rachel asked Caleb confused.

     Stan was already getting annoyed with Caleb's bashful fidgeting, "He's a Sheriff's Deputy. A Police Officer works in their jurisdiction, such as a town or city while a the Sheriff's Department has jurisdiction over the entire county." He finished in a nonchalant tone taking a huge swig of his orange juice.

     Surprised by how fast he gulped down his drink Simona filled his almost empty glass since she still had the pitcher in her hand. Curious she asked him, "So how much longer do the new Deputies have to Shadow the Bitter Falls Department?"

"Tomorrow is Caleb's last night. I'll go back to my old post and let the newbies take over." He replied with a jovial smile and gave a Caleb a confident nudge in the shoulder. It was clear that he was proud of his trainee.

"Big party plans Caleb?" Rachel asked.

"Huh?" He looked up again sitting his menu down. "Um, no. Not really."

"Maybe I'll come by your place and give you a little gift or something, just to say... congratulations." She winked at him and stared him down like a piece of meat. It was obvious to everyone that she was offering him much more than a small trinket. The gift she referred to was between her legs.

      Quickly he looked down at his hands. Nervously he twiddled his thumbs hoping someone else would speak. But no one did, Simona was repulsed by the desperate display and trying to contain her vomit, while Stan was smiling like an idiot loving every uncomfortable moment, wondering if Caleb was taking the hint.

      He cleared his throat again apprehensive of the awkward silence, "I'd like pancakes please...and bacon"

     Stan tried to contain his laughter holding his fist up to his lips, but it slipped out over and over again sounding like someone trying to get an old car started. "I'd like a Ribeye steak and three eggs. Over easy."

"No problem." Simona said strutting into the kitchen to wake up Martin the night cook, who was most likely slouched over in a lawn chair he had brought from home catching some Zzz's. Slow nights like these everyone snuck a nap or two if they could.

"Thank you darlin'."

      Rachel lingered before placing Caleb's order. He kept his head down until she left.

      The men talked amongst themselves quietly as they ate, Rachel ease dropped on their conversation adding in her two cents every now and again. Simona went back to her book, watching her best friend act like a horny teenager was a common sight that she didn't enjoy.

"What you reading there?" Caleb asked staring at the blank hardback book.

The thought of telling the truth turned her stomach, "It's just poetry by lesser known Authors and poets."

"You like poetry?" He asked attentively.

      She shook her head nervously hoping he wouldn't ask to look at her book, "Yeah. I do."

"That's cool. I grew up reading a lot of poetry."

"Really?" Surprised she gave a small half smile.

"I used to have to recite poetry to help with my speech."

      Curious Rachel chimed in. "Speech?"

"I used to have a bad stutter and Mom used to make me recite poetry to get over it." He replied staring at Simona, for a second their eyes locked and it was her that looked away this time. His eyes were a shade of pale blue that were truly exquisite. "I hated it at the time but it did help. I kind of grew a fondness for poetry over the years."

"Wow. That's awesome. What do -" Simona started but was interrupted.

"I don't remember you having a stutter." Rachel said butting in the conversation yet again. "And I've known you since 2nd grade."

      Caleb quickly answered glancing back at Simona, "I didn't talk much. I was too nervous to. I pretty self conscious about it back then."

       In the small town of Honeybee Caleb was the only man that Simona knew that actually like poetry. "What kind of stuff did you read?" She asked sitting her book face down in front of her.

"I started out with Dr. Seuss and nursery rhymes and then moved on to Sylvia Plath, Poe, Shakespeare, Maya Angelou- she was one of my mothers favorites. Mostly the classics. I've yet to read any real modern poets though."

"I have a few books if you'd like to borrow them sometime." She offered with a smile. It was nice to hear someone in town enjoyed reading more than text messages.

"I'd like that." He answered his bashful smile resurfacing.

       Deputy Morris got up from his seat and reached for the sky in a long luxurious stretch. "Well it's been nice ladies, but we gotta get back to work."

       Shaking his head in agreement Caleb stood up as well, finishing his cup of coffee. Both Deputies put a twenty dollar bill down next to their empty plates even though they knew the Owner, Marian was adamant about all law enforcement eat free. That never stopped them from leaving a more than generous tip on the counter. They gave the waitresses a nod and headed out the door.

       As the door closed behind them Rachel sighed long and hard, "Damn I'd love to bite that ass."

"Ha, girl you are crazy.

"That is one good looking piece of bootylicious man meat."

      Simona couldn't help but laugh, her friend had such a way with words, "I think you scare him."

"He should be scare. My eggs are dropping and I'm ready to mount that man."

       Laughing again Simona picked up the dishes from the counter. "A man like that you need to be gentle with. Go slow. He seems like the type that enjoys a woman that is subtle and sweet." She said trying to give her helpful hint.

"I don't do subtle. He's just never had a real woman. I'm going to teach that man a few tricks." Rachel followed behind Simona in the kitchen. "Even though Stan is damn sexy too...."

"Rachel!"

"What? I'm just keeping my options open if things don't work out with Caleb. Even though I'm sure they will. But if not, I've noticed the way Stan was looking at me."

         A shrug and an eye roll couldn't be helped, Rachel was sometimes delusional. Yes, she was beautiful and most the men in town had been with her or wanted to be with her. But Rachel found it impossible to believe that not every man on the planet wanted to sleep with her. While Simona couldn't even remember the last time she had been with a man.

"What's that look?" Rachel asked putting her hands on her hips.

Simona turned away realizing she was giving Rachel a dirty look, "What look?"

"You know what look."

"No I don't."

She sighed, "That look you give me when you get annoyed."

"Nothing I'm not annoyed. I just think Caleb is a nice guy and I don't want him to get hurt." She admitted.

       Rachel shook her head as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Hurt him?" She paused staring at Simona like she was ready to bite her head off, then her frown faded and turned into a mischievous smile. "I am a little heartbreaker aren't I."

     She said the words like it was a good thing. Rachel was notorious for breaking hearts, this was true. But being so popular with them men in town had also earned her quite the reputation.

     Rachel nudged her shoulder trying to get Simona to laugh but she still stone cold serious, "Look Simona, I really like Caleb. He's different. He's not like the other guys. I really, really, really like him."

Words that Simona had heard before. "I hope so." She lied. Rachel's attention span was too short for her to have any kind of a real relationship. "I hope so."

* * *

Deputy Stan Morris tried to think of something to say, anything to cut through the silence. He and Caleb had been parked on the side of the road on the old dirt road just off the highway for almost an hour, waiting for something to happen. But the roads were just as silent as his Trainee.

With a loud obnoxious yawn Stan asked him, "So, is there a Miss Talley or a hopeful prospect?"

He ripped a scribbled sheet of paper from his notebook, balled it up and placed it in his pants pocket, "No there's no Miss Talley."

"No? Not even someone you've got your eye on?"

He shook his head.

"Why not?" Stan couldn't believe his ears. The bashfulness of his Trainee was well recorded, but even then he thought the man had at least had a woman in town he had hoped to seek some sort of relationship with. Plenty of women in Honeybee had given him offers or sexual suggestion disguised as polite conversation, such as the very fiery Rachel who had made her intentions more than clear. With a hesitant start Stan asked, "Is there a Mr.Talley?"

     Caleb's eyes grew large realizing immediately his superior officer was asking if he was gay. "No.... wait, no, no." He shook his head. "What? No. I have nothing against men, but I'm attracted to-"

      Stan cut him off wagging his hands, "Whoa, I was just asking. If you like men that's fine by me. I'm not a judgmental prick, live you life as you choose."

"I am not gay, Sir." Caleb spoke clear and direct. "I have my eye on one woman, she just doesn't know it...yet."

"Really now?" He chuckled, "Who is this lucky lady, do I know her?"

"You've met her." Caleb's gaze fell down to his lap at his notepad then drifted out the window.

"Oh does she work at the Diner?" Stan joked already knowing who this possible lady could be.

       He was surprised he had guessed the Diner. "How did you know that?"

"It's pretty obvious." Stan laughed.

Caleb looked at him nervously, "Is it? You think she knows?"

"I think she feels the same way."

       Caleb so hoped that Stan was right, but he feared that he may be very wrong. "I pray you're right. I've been in love with her since I can remember but I never really felt like I had a chance." He sighed surprising himself how quickly he had admitted his oldest secret to him. "Please don't say anything. I plan on telling her soon."

It was a half truth, Caleb had all the intention of telling his crush that he was in love with her. But the sad truth was he had been planning to have that conversation for a few years now. He had never worked up enough nerve to say anything, fear had stopped him in his tracks every time. But now that he had been made an official Deputy and was no longer going to be following in his Fathers footsteps as a farmer, he had the confidence to say the words he could never say before. At least that was what he kept telling himself.

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me. But you better tell her soon before she slips away into another mans arms. A woman like that doesn't stay single long." Stan warned with a sarcastic evil arch of his eyebrow. "Why haven't you said anything before now. You're a good looking guy, young, decent job, what's the problem?"

Once more he sighed, "Deciding to be a Deputy wasn't an easy decision for me. Training has taken up most of my time."

"You said you've liked her for years...."

"Yeah well. I'm no Don Juan either." He chuckled directing that comment at Stan.

With a chuckle Stan replied. "That's true."

"Why did you become a Deputy?" Caleb asked quickly changing the subject.

He answered instantly with all seriousness. "To protect the people and the land. Serve as the sword and shield for the innocent." A small smile cracked on his lips. "Plus it's a good way to meet single women. Nothing better than taking down a creepy prowler to protect the damsel in distress. Some of those women are very.... Grateful."

Caleb smiled knowing Stan would turn the conversation into a joke of sort kind. "While on duty?"

"No, never. Somehow I always end up with a phone number slipped into my back pocket by some lonely lady looking for a strapping young man like myself to look after them... after hours. Who am I to deny them peaceful sleep at night?"

"No matter how cryptic you say it, you're still a dog." They both laughed and Stan nodded in agreement. " I guess that answers my next question. There's no Mrs. Morris or- how'd you put it? A possible prospect."

"Nope. Thank god. I'm a free spirit, a woman tying me down under holy matrimony sounds like a death sentence." He said without hesitation. Stan Morris was not a man to be bound to one woman.

"What about your family? Are they proud you're a Deputy now?"

Caleb wasn't sure if he should lie or not. The true answer wasn't a pleasant one. "Deciding to be a Deputy wasn't an easy one for me. My Father wasn't too happy about it."

"Why the hell not?"

He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously staring out the window at the dark countryside around them, " He wanted me to stay and work on the family farm. Take it over for him in a few years. It's the family business. It's what the last three generations have done. But it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted something more and he couldn't understand that." He could feel his anger and frustration brewing inside directed at no one but his Father. "I have one younger brother, only 17, he works on the farm he wants to be a Deputy when he turns 18. Be like his big brother I guess."

"I'm guessing your father wasn't too happy about that either."

"Bingo. He blames me, so much so that I he hasn't spoken to me in over a year. Not a single word. He's acting like I abandon my family or something." Caleb tried not to show the anger or sadness in his tone but the look in his eyes told the entire story. This was not an easy thing for him to discuss. But it was clear he needed to get it off his chest. Stan and Caleb had only known each other a short time but he trusted him, not because he was his Superior but because underneath it all, Stan seemed like a genuinely good guy.

"I'm sure he'll come around when he sees all the good you're doing for your community." He said trying his best to reassure Caleb all would be fine in due time.

He scoffed at the comment, "You don't know my Dad very well. He is set in his ways. Stubborn."

"Then I say, it's his loss."

Before Caleb could say another word on the subject they were silenced by Gwyneth Taylor the Station's Dispatcher coming in over the radio in the patrol car, "Deputy Talley?"

Caleb picked up the radio, "This is Deputy Talley." Inside he smiled. He still wasn't used to hearing people call him Deputy Talley.

"Mrs. Burns just called and said something or someone is out on her property. You better head over there and check it out. The neighbors said she's out there in her nightgown with a shotgun, I'd hurry if I were you."

"Copy that. We're in route."

Looked like their little heart to heart was over. It was time to get to work. Finally. If the night had gotten any slower Caleb was going to have to slam his hand in a car door just to stay awake. But he wasn't looking forward to seeing Mrs. Burns.

"Crap."

Stan fired up the engine and gunned it down the road. "What's up?"

"Mrs. Burns." Caleb rubbed his forehead, already anxious thinking about having to deal with that woman.

"Yeah what's wrong with Mrs. Burns?"

"She.... She," Caleb tried to think of the right words to use but nothing polite came to mind at first thought. Finally spoke trying to minimizing his actual feelings, "She can be a bit difficult, even for an 86 year old woman."

"Don't worry I'll handle her. I'll give her some of my famous 'Stan Morris' charm."

Caleb nodded agreeing to let Stan deal with Mrs. Burns. He felt bad, Stan had no idea what he was getting himself into, but he wasn't about to warn him either. The frail woman was 86 years old and 90 pounds soaking wet and she was the meanest old lady Caleb had ever met.

Two minutes later they arrived at Mrs. Burns house, just in time to see her taking a shot in the air. She was standing on the other side of her barbwire fence, shot gun in hand and her nearly shear ankle length nightgown blowing in the breeze.

The blast from her double gauge shotgun sent her staggering back then in slow motion. She tried to catch herself but fell backwards, looking like she was trying to dodge bullets in the Matrix. Mrs. Burns plopped hard in the mud below.

The old woman lived on a farm with only two neighbors the Locusts and the Morgan family who lived a quarter of a mile down the road. They were all outside standing in the street with looks of concern on their faces. When that last shot bellowed through the silent night air they all hit the deck, laying face down in the dirt road.

Guns drawn Caleb and Stan hopped out of the car aiming straight at her. Caleb took the lead, "Mrs. Burns put your weapon down now."

She was sitting straight up still holding her gun, stuck in the thick cold mud. Her squeaky voice yelled, "You took your sweet goddamn time getting out here. Something's out there eating my goddamn sheep!" She tried to pry herself out the mud but couldn't muster up enough strength to crawl to her knees.

"Put your weapon down!" Stan yelled stepping closer his own gun still drawn on her. Caleb followed at a quicker pace getting in front of him so he could help Mrs. Burns to her feet.

"Get those goddamn guns off of me." She spat dropping her gun and taking Caleb's hand as he offered it to her.

Stan snatched the shotgun from the ground before Mrs. Burns could get her hands on it again. "What's going on Ma'am?" He asked thankful she was no longer armed.

Strands of long white hair clung to her face, traces of mud stained her snow colored hair and framed her face to look even more wicked than she already was. Caleb pulled her to her feet as gently as he could afraid he might hurt her frail body.

"Alright I'm up, get your hands off me, ya son of a bitch."

That must be her way of saying thank you Caleb thought naively. "Are you alright Mrs. Burns?"

He had known her since he could remember and she had always been mean as a rattlesnake. Though she looked like a sweet gentle elderly woman, she was not. She scowled at the two officers flinging mud off her hands, "Worry about yourself and check on my goddamn sheep. There's a fucking beast out there "

"What's wrong with your sheep?" Stan asked as if he hadn't heard her correctly.

"Clean out your ears maybe you'd hear what I have to say!"

Already annoyed by this woman. "Ma'am I'm going to need you to calm down."

"Fuck you! Quit trying to get a peak at my titties and get out there!" Stan could barely contain his gag reflex. To make matters worse his eyes went right to the silhouette of Mrs. Burns long floppy breasts through her thin gown, which wouldn't of happen if she hadn't of mentioned them. Immediately he averted his eyes, thankfully she didn't notice. "Don't just stand there like a knot on a log goddamn it." The situation was escalating quickly.

Biting his lip and cocking his head to one side, Stan put his hands on his hips and tried to stop himself from yelling before he ever started, "I am an Officer of the law, you cannot speak to me in that manner." Caleb was surprised at his proffessionalism and glad she wasn't laying into him like that. Yet.

"Officer of the law or dumbest ass in captivity?" She hissed.

"Ma'am don't make me arrest you."

The sheep whined in the distance. Caleb took out his flashlight and shined it into the field. Something was out there. While Stan and Mrs. Burns argued he decided to check out the Sheep pin, it was 30 yards away. Caleb was sure that whatever was out there he could handle it on his own. He was almost positive it was nothing more than a dog or a The grass was knee high and all he could think about was a snake slithering up his pants leg in the darkness.

"Wait here Ma'am. Don't move." Stan said sternly putting his hand up in her face. He threw her shotgun in the back of the squad car, hopped the fence and trotted over to Caleb, who was slowly inching towards the Sheep pin. Mrs. Burns was yelling random insults from the road, pissed off that she had been left there.

"How can any man tolerate that woman?" Talking to himself Stan took out his own flashlight.

"I'm sure she has a... sweet side?" It was a more of a question than a statement.

Considering the old woman's state of mind, he assumed there was nothing out there. Mrs. Burns was nothing more than a bored, crazy old lady, hearing imaginary bumps in the night. But Caleb had little doubt that something was indeed out there, he had never known Mrs. Burns to be crazy. She was many things, but not crazy.

The sheep baa'ed over and over clearly in distress. The sound of grass moving and sticks snapping made Caleb pause. "You hear that?"

Stan shook his head, "I can't hear anything but those damn sheep. I'm about 100% sure there's nothing out here. Or..... Maybe not." His words trailed off as he shined his light on the bloody mess that use to be Mrs. Burns sheep.

     In the dirt were mounds of white wool and hooves, puddles of blood and a mangled rib cage. Gasping at the decimated carcass Caleb stood there utterly appalled at the sight. Stan was calm and strangely unaffected, he began to sniff the air, taking in deep breaths.

      The remaining sheep were huddled on the other side of the pin, stomping and pushing each other to get as far away from the carnage as possible, their baa's sounding like a eerie song that made him shudder.   Caleb carefully stepped over the fence to investigate, he flashed his light on the mass of bones and wool and counted seven hooves in the mess.

"This is more than one sheep. What the hell did this?" He said aloud to himself.

"Yeah there's too many legs to be just one sheep. Get back to the car Caleb and turn on the spot light."

"Where's the rest of these animals, there's a lot missing here. Whatever did this must have had plenty of time." He scratched his head, "I mean, what could -"

"Caleb get back to the car and-"

"If you expect me to stand over here all night...." Mrs. Burns yelled.

      His tolerance was getting wafer, Stan wasn't the type to lose his cool easily, but this woman was testing his patients. Stan yelled back at her slightly less professional than before, "Stay over there and keep your mouth shut, Ma'am."

     Caleb walked the edge of fence following strange animal tracks that ended on the left side of the pin.

"Well what the hell is this, lounging on the job?" Mrs. Burns yelled marching towards them.

      Turning on his heel Caleb looked to Deputy Morris, "Stop her- keep her over there she doesn't need to see all of this." afraid the old woman would freak out when she saw the mess in the Sheep's pin. Last thing they needed was her having a heart attack too.

       With a frustrated huff Stan turned back to hold off Mrs. Burns. His intention was to try and keep her away from the crime scene, but she was an ornery woman that didn't appreciate being told what to do on her own land. Deputy Morris began to lecture her on safety and respecting law enforcement. She yelled something about him being a 'Bastard with a badge' and how he needed to 'get the hell out of way'. Caleb didn't stick around to hear the rest, he followed the set of large animal tracks.

     Though he couldn't be sure, he  swore that they were wolf tracks. Though they were big as a bear's they were Wolf. If the tracks were any indicator of the size of this beast, it must have been massive, the paw print was larger than his own hand and Caleb was not a man with tiny hands.

      Through the dense foliage he followed the tracks to the Stables on the far end of the field. It was a small stable holding four of Mrs. Burns prize winning quarter horses. Startling him the horses neighed in distress. He held out aiming at nothing but standing ready to fire if any mutant wolf or Bear jumped out of the shadows. Caleb was unsure of what to expect, if anything at all.

         Inside the stables were pitch black, the only light was moonlight the poured in through the door and his flashlight did little to illuminate the darkness inside. The horses anxiously stomped in place, neighing like they were begging to be released from the stables. Something was definitely inside. Then the loud screech of twisted metal echoed excruciatingly loud, like nails on a chalk board. Without any doubt Caleb knew there was much more than horses in there with him. His hands shook and he was damn glad that no one was there to see how high he jumped from the sudden noise.

       The heavy sounds of destruction and deep breaths shuddered through the metal walls. Labored panting seemed to vibrate the air. It sounded like a demonic beast from a nightmare. A low grown hung on each quick breath. The horses humped and neighed in a panic as the screeching metal continued becoming more frequent. It was like something was trying to scratch it's way out, pummel its was way straight through the walls possibly. Bang, bang, bang, over and over, each thump making his heart pound.

       Calmly as possible Caleb tip toed towards the very last stall, whatever it was, there was only a thin stall partition separating them. The door was open and the closer he got the more he stronger the smell of blood got. The pounding of metal suddenly stopped as Caleb stood just outside the stall door. It knew he was inside, it was aware of his presence. Then there was one last thunderous blow to the wall. Boom.

      The horses whined in unison. The young Deputies heart was pounding out of control and his stomach was doing somersaults. The stench of blood made him feel nauseous. Taking a deep breath he silently counted to three as he gathered up his nerves, 1, 2, 3. Caleb kicked the stall door wide open shined his light inside.

     A bloodied horse lay on the ground, injured and dying. The beautiful Quarter Horse had been brutally mutilated, it's stomach and throat had been ripped open. It was bleeding out dying a slow painful death.

      There was a large hole in the metal wall that led outside. Unbelieving his own eyes, it looked like the animal had actually punched its way through and escaped. There was no sign of the animal that had done this. It was gone. Caleb breath a thankful sigh of relief that was short lived. He had to make sure it was truly gone. He prayed the wild animal had ran off into the woods and left but he had to make sure.

     Disregarding the blood on the blood on the ground he got down on all fours and slowly approached the hole. The metal had been torn back and slashed at with something sharp. Something that average claws couldn't have done. The blood soaked into the left leg of his uniform as he crawled closer to the hole, trying to move cautiously passed the thrashing Quarter Horse.

"Caleb?" Deputy Morris whispered loudly.

    With a gasp Caleb jumped at the unexpected sound of Stan's voice, nearly causing him to fire his gun. "Jesus, you scared the hell out of me." He said trying to catch his breath.

"Where the hell are you?" He asked.

     Then chimed Mrs. Burns, "What the fuck are you doing in here. If you touched one of my Horses, I'm gonna put my goddamn foot up your ass."

     His eyes rolled and his shoulders slouched, there was no time for this right now, "Stan get her out of here. Take her back to her house. Something is out here and I don't know what it is yet."

Mrs. Burns didn't like that answer. "Are you telling me-"

Finally Caleb shouted, "Mrs. Burns, get your ass back to your house. Now."

"If you would step outside with me ma'am. "

      Their bickering continued on but Caleb continued to ignore them. He kept his flashlight on the hole in front of him, even reaching out through it to shine his light on the possible path the animal had taken. But he could see nothing. Then he was jolted by fear as something hit his arm from outside the stable. The flashlight was struck from free from his grip and landed down in the dark tall grass.

       With a gasp Caleb scrambled backwards quickly realizing the beast was not gone. He leaned against the side stable wall only inches from the dying horse and one foot away from the dark hole leading outside. He pointed his gun at the opening waiting for any kind of movement. Breathing deep he tried to calm his racing heart, thinking to himself that there was nothing to be afraid of, it was nothing more than a coyote.

       Everything was still. The horses whined and stomped making it impossible to hear anything. Stan and Mrs. Burns were walking back towards the road and Caleb was all alone. It felt like an eternity had passed without any sign of the animal. Had it gone? Had he scared it away?

        He kept his gun drawn, unsure of what to do next. Blood pooled in the ground soaking his pants, he felt so sorry for the dying horse but at that very moment there was nothing he could do. It kicked and thrashed as it struggled to take it's last breaths, it was enough to bring a tear to any man's eye. Cautiously and very slowly he inched towards the opening avoiding flailing hooves trying to inspect further. Cautious as he was he still wasn't prepared for the beast that reached through and snatched his arm.

       Thick, razor sharp nails dug into his forearm, digging deep into his flesh, shredding his skin with ease. Warm blood saturated his shirt in a matter of seconds, the pain was instant and agonizing. Acting on impulse Caleb fired his revolver blindly out of the hole, as he was jerked and tugged half way through it. The beast had a tight grip and was fighting to get to the rest of him. Four shots were fired erratically, but one lucky bullet flew into the dark creature. A loud bellowing roar burst from the beast that shook Caleb's eardrums and rattled the very walls of the stable.

          The terrified Deputy tried to wiggle himself free from it's grasp but as he fought to escape the beasts grip got even tighter, it's nails felt like they were hitting bone. Biting his lip Caleb grunted in pain, grinding his teeth uncontrollable tears gathering in his eyes. As the beast yanked him further into the darkness he caught a tiny glimpse of thick coal black fur, and the brightest yellow eyes he had ever seen. Eyes that glowed like amber in the sunlight. The rest was cast in shadows and mystery.

          Caleb managed to fire another shot but missed once more. Sharp monster like teeth clamped down on his left shoulder. The scream that flew out of his mouth scared even himself. That screech of agony was a sounded foreign to himself, a sound he had never made before.

           By his count there were only 2 shots left in his gun and Caleb knew he would have to make it count. With one deep breath Caleb took another shot, aiming the gun at the beasts mouth. The bullet struck its jaw. With a yelp the monster released him, its teeth ripping free from his shoulder.

          Caleb fell back to the ground in a warm puddle of blood. Inching away back on his elbow he held gun up. The beast yelped again like a beaten dog. Quickly it staggered past the dark hole showing a large bulky frame and one massive paw. It was the size of his head and the claws on that thing were immense and more than a little intimidating.

"Caleb!" Breathing hard Stan yelled into the darkness. "Caleb!"

          The beast walked back in his line of sight, Caleb thought this might be his last chance to put the beast down. He fired his last bullet just missing the beast as it ran off. "It's outside, don't let it get away!" He screamed warning Stan, reaching for his extra rounds to reload his gun. Immediately he realized his extra clip was in the center console of the patrol car.

          His first thought was about the comment he had just made earlier, 'why do we need an extra clip? We're in Honeybee nothing happens here'. He had no idea how wrong he was. A possible fatal mistake. His heart dropped at the thought, he prayed the attack was over. If not, he was screwed.

           His arm gave as the pain became intolerable, he fought to hold himself up. The creature emerged once more, its bright yellow eyes glowing in the shadows like fireflies. It looked at him like it was going to leap on him and finish what it had started. It crept through the hole slowly, he could hear Stan yelling from outside that he couldn't find anything but fear silenced Caleb voice, stopping him from alerting him to where the monster really was. It was now only inches from him, breath hard breaths, blood dripping from its white fangs.

           The last thing Caleb felt was not the beast, but a horse hove. A hove that flailed about chaotically and struck him in the temple, knocking him unconscious. The dying horse thrashed and Caleb's world darkened. Things were not looking good for the young Deputy.

          His last thought, was one of regret. All he could think about was how he never got a chance to tell the woman he loved how he truly felt. Without a doubt in his mind he knew he was dying and still he thought, she would never know how he truly felt. He had waited so long to say something that he had missed his chance and Caleb was now going to die before he ever got to a chance.

"Caleb!" 

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

2.9M 130K 56
'I was falling. And he was going to catch me. I just knew he was.' For Megan Walden, life is all about perfection. She's the perfect friend, the per...
174K 8.6K 54
"Ahhh!!!" The man's body falls to the floor limp and I fall to the floor out of terror, "Why are you screaming? I saved you from being raped." I loo...
32 1 5
Juniper Greene, a ninteen year old young science enthusiast who creates and imporoves every day devices, working at a local popular diner well as liv...
1.5M 27.4K 17
Yearning for that dominance, that need to take charge, I shoved his tongue out of my mouth and inserted mines into his. He gripped my ass firmly. He...