My Protecter

By _SarahElaine

I used to live a normal life. I had everything a 7 year old needed. Loving parents, plenty of friends. I was... More

My Protecter
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Something New
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 36

32 1 0
By _SarahElaine

~Since I added a video of "Kat" singing, I figured I should add a video of Harry. I also think this is the perfect song to describe the way Harry feels about Kat. Let me know what y'all think!~

*KAT*

I sit in my usual place at the gym. I was able to take off the rest of the week because I guess Tammy talked to our manager and said it would just be best. I was thankful for that.

I sit observing all the people. I see some that are here usually everyday and some that are new.

"Hey," The person says. I almost jump out of my skin.

"Jesus," I say.

"Sorry about that. I was actually just wondering what you were doing."

"I'm just here waiting for Harry."

"Oh, so you're Harry's girl. I've heard stories about you. Nothing bad, just stories. I can't really tell which ones are real and which ones aren't." he said.

"Are you new here? I've never seen you around before."

"Yeah, just started today actually. I moved here from New York. I'm Shawn by the way."

"I'm-"

" I know, you're Kat." He smiled.

"I think Harry is actually supposed to be training me in a while. Is he as bad as everyone says?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well everyone says that if you even look at him the wrong way he'll snap your neck."

"No. That's definitely not true. Just don't get in his bad side. He can either be your best friend or your worst nightmare. It's all based on his first impression of you."

We look over and Harry is staring at us.

"Well, it doesn't look like I'm off to a good start." he said.

"Kat, is everything alright over here?" Harry asks coming over.

"Yeah, I'm just helping Shawn out a bit that's all. It's nothing you need to get worked up over." I say.

"You," he said pointing at Shawn. "Over here. Now."

"Hey, I have a break in a bit, maybe you could help me out some more, yeah?"

"Yeah, that'd be great." I say.

"I said, now." Harry yelled.

I watched as Shawn scampered off to meet with Harry.

***

While Harry is working with another trainee, Shawn comes over and sits by me again.

"Boy, he's sure short tempered isn't he?"

"Yeah, but you'll get used to it." I say.

"Hey, maybe I could give you my number and we could meet up for coffee or something. I know you're with Harry, I'm not trying to get in between you two, but maybe us two could be good friends."

"Yeah, sounds good." I say.

We exchange numbers and he walks off to Liam to get the rest of his training.

"What were you two talking about?" Harry asked startling me.

"Nothing, just helping him out, like I said before."

"I don't like him."

"Why?"

"Because, just the way he looks at you. I don't like him one bit."

"He knows I'm your girlfriend. He told me, he doesn't want to get in the way of us. He was just saying we could be just friends. And maybe you could too, if you stop being so closed off to everyone."

"Get your things. Lets go."

We sit in the car in complete silence. I don't know what he's mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong.

"Why are you mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong."

"It's not you. It's him."

"Why don't you like him? He seems like a nice guy."

"The way he was looking at you. I didn't like it. You're mine. And for all we know he could've been sent to kill you."

"All I was doing was helping him. There's nothing for you to get worked up over."

"If he need help he should've came to one of us."

"What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that I don't want you to get hurt! You don't know his past, you don't know what he's done! He could be a serial killer plotting to kill you!"

"He's not! I've actually talked to him unlike you! You're just so sure something will go wrong and you won't actually get to know him!"

"Something could go wrong! You don't know!"

"Harry, this is stupid! You're mad at me because I was talking to someone other than you for a change!"

"You're the one who brought it up!"

"You're the one sitting here sulking about it!"

"We both just need to let it go. It's stupid to fight over something that minor." I say tired of fighting.

We continued to drive in a heavy silence. We pulled up the driveway and I slammed my door shut. I quickly walk up to the door and storm in. I run up stairs and lock myself in the bedroom.

I don't understand what the big deal is. He should be grateful I found someone to keep me company while he's gone. He should be grateful he doesn't have to worry about me being alone anymore. He's just being a little too over protective. I understand where he's coming from. I know he doesn't want me to get hurt, but I really don't think Shawn is going to do anything. He told me he just wants to be friends.

Maybe I can reason with him. That is if he's willing to listen. It's worth a try. I open the door and look down the stair case. I can see Harry pacing back and forth. I slowly descend down the stairs.

"Harry?" I say meekly.

"Harry, I think we should talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about." he said stopping.

"Why are you so worried about me and Shawn being friends?"

"Just drop it. It obviously doesn't matter anymore."

"I'm not just going to drop it, Harry! I want to know why! Why don't you like him? Why are you so worried about me being near him? Why are you mad at me for something I didn't even do?"

"I'm not mad at you! I just have this feeling that if you stay around him something could go wrong!"

"What could go wrong?"

"He could be partnered up with your dad! He could be doing his dirty work to find you! I don't want him to find you, Kat!" he yelled.

"He's not like him!"

"You don't know! You don't know him well enough to know that!"

"You don't know what I know!" I walk out of the house with my keys in hand.

I sit in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition and my hands resting on the wheel. I don't know if I just didn't know here to go or if I was waiting for Harry to run out after me, but I just kept sitting there.

I know I shouldn't but I turn the car on and pull out to go to the hotel that I work at.

I walk through the front doors and see Tammy standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hi, Kat!" she chirped.

"Hey," I say.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was wandering if there were any spare rooms?"

"Yeah, there's one on the second floor. It's number two twenty-three. Why aren't you staying with Harry?"

"Uh, we kind of had a fight. No big deal." I say taking the key from her hand.

"Well, if there's anything I can do to help let me know."

"I will, thank you."

I walk to the elevator and push the number two button. My phone buzzed in my hand, no doubt it was Harry. I didn't answer it though. He would probably just yell at me for leaving. I walked into my room and collapsed on the bed.

I was scared. I was scared because I haven't been on my own for so long I can't remember how to defend myself. I know that the timing of me leaving wasn't very good but I just needed space. I don't know how long I'm going to stay here, I'm starting to regret leaving already. I just feel so vulnerable and unsafe. I can't even remember how I felt without Harry. Probably the same way, I just didn't know it yet.

I look out the window and see the park across the street. That's where my safe haven used to be. Maybe if I go there I can sort things out in my head. I take my key and head out the back door. I make it to the tree I used to sit in and then remember when Harry said that he used to go down by the water.

I walk down to the beach on the sidewalk lit by the street lights. I hear something behind me but when I turn around I don't see anything. I make it to the water and step in. It's cold, but nothing I couldn't handle. I go in fully clothed and swim out into the middle.

I see another person approaching and swim quietly to the edge if the water. I was subconsciously hoping it was Harry.

The person starting to skip rocks across the water. I was starting to get cold but I didn't want the person to see me, they would be suspicious. I saw them take their shirt off and walk slowly into the water. The dive underwater and I take this as a chance to get as close to the shore as possible.

Unfortunately, not being a strong swimmer, I didn't get as far as I would've liked. They came back up and shook their hair to rid it of the water.

I must've made a noise that I didn't know about because the next thing I know the person is slowly coming towards me. I start to panic, the only thing I can do is stay put and not move a muscle.

I was hiding under a low branch with my face halfway under the water. They lift the branch up and I know that I've been spotted.

"Kat?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616K 17.8K 53
"You are a worthless piece of trash! We should've gotten rid of you when we had the chance!" My abusive dad shouted, slapping me with all of his migh...
12.4K 217 54
~COMPLETED~ *DISCLAIMER: Now, this is just a fanfiction. I don't think any of this would really happen in real life. The main character, Mia, is port...
2.9K 101 31
Hi. I'm Katerina. But all my friends call me Kat. I'm 20 years old. My parents are dead. I got adopted when I was eight. And when I was 16 I moved ou...
1.3M 43.7K 35
My memories always haunt me. And they never cease. They come back when I hear a simple howl at night. I wish they would just disapear, like how I ma...