Chapter 10

*KAT*

After about an hour of driving we pulled up to what looks like an abandoned house. They pushed me in the door and into a bedroom. They closed the door, locked it and left me alone with my thoughts.

I heard muffled sounds. One man opened the door and tossed in a piece of bread and cheese. He shut the door quickly as if he were afraid that I might try to run.

I only now realized that I was tired. I crawled over to a corner and went to sleep.

*HARRY*

I pulled into a driveway, positive I was at the right address. I stepped out and saw a van. I walked around the house and looked in windows to see if I saw anything or anyone, but I couldn't see in.

I went and knocked on the door. A smallish man opened it.

"What the hell do you-" I cut him off by hitting him in the face. I ran pasted him, into the house.

There were two others that were somewhat bigger than the first. One came towards me and threw a punch that I easily dodged. I hit him in the gut and pushed him down. the other came towards me while I kicked the one in the stomach and groin.

He lunged after me and pinned me to the ground. I took a couple of hits to the face but I kicked him off of me and hit him repeatedly.

Once all of them were unconscious, it was quiet. I heard faint banging on one of the doors down the hall. I walked toward it.

When I got closer I heard a faint feminine voice.

"Help!" she cried. It had to be Kat.

I saw and chair blocking the door so I couldn't open. I moved the chair and opened the door. I saw a petrified looking Kat sitting on the floor crying.

"Kat," I said quietly. She looked up at me.

"Harry!" she ran towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Did they hurt you?" I asked holding her face.

"No. No, but if you had come later I'm sure they would've," she said.

"I'm so sorry, Kat."

"Harry, none of this is you fault," she pushed my hair back.

"Let's go," I said.

We walked to my car and I opened the passenger door for her. I helped her in, since my car was quite tall for her, and she mumbled a thank you.

Once I was in the drivers seat we started for my flat. We drove in silence with the radio playing softly. I looked over at her and she still looked startled a bit.

She had one knee up to her chest and had her head resting on it. I put my hand on her thigh. She looked at my hand but was too distracted to push it away.

After what seemed like a lifetime we were back to our town. She looked behind us when I past her street.

"Harry, where are we going?" she asked.

"We're going to my house," I said. She sighed.

"Harry, you can't keep taking me to your house whenever something happens." she said.

"Do you see what happened when I did let you stay by yourself?"

"I can take care of myself, Harry."

"You obviously can't," I say.

"Do you not trust me by myself?"

"No, not after what I went through to get you back from a bunch of pricks!" I yell.