Chapter 26

*KAT*

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, it happens a lot," Niall says barely convincing himself.

"Get her out of here!" I don't know who said it, but the next thing I know Zayn is taking me out and into a room.

"Why can't I be there?"

"You don't need to see him like that," he replays trying to keep me in the room.

I run around him and dart to the door. I run to the living room and see they have Harry's shirt off and there's blood all over. Before I see anymore Zayn takes me back into the room. Tears formed in my eyes.

"Let me go!"

"I'm not going to let you!"

"Why? Because you think I can't handle it? I've seen things like that everyday!" I'm crying at this point.

He looks at me confused, but then seems to realize what I had meant.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think you should see him like that," he says.

I do understand why I shouldn't see him. I sit and wait in the room with Zayn. He doesn't talk much, but neither do I. I liked him. He seemed to understand me more than the others. Finally Liam came in.

"Is he okay?" I ask.

"He's fine. He said he wants to see you," he says. I walk to where Harry lays and kneel down to be face to face with him. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Hey," he said acting like nothing happened. I smile.

"Are you feeling alright?" I ask.

"A bit sore, but I'll be alright," he smiled.

We sit in silence and look at each other. He's badly bruised. Dark marks cover his chest and cut are scattered here and there. His eye is black and his knuckles are cut up as well. But, according to Niall, this happens all the time, so I guess it's not as bad as it usually is.He turned my face to the side.

"Did they do this?" he asked.

I touch my cheek and wince. They must've left a bruise. I nod.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner," he pulled me in and hugged me tightly.

"Harry, it's alright,"

"No, it isn't. I shouldn't have let them take you," he says.

"We're both here, together. We may be banged up a bit, but at least we're together." I say.

I look at his bruised face and his cut up torso.

"What did they do?" I asked referring to the long cut on his stomach.

"He pulled a knife," he said. My hands go up to my neck. The same. knife he was going to use on me.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I should've stayed there with you-"

"If you were there this would've happened to you; not me. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I let this happen to you." he said. I hug him, but not tight enough to hurt him.

Even though I feel bad about leaving, I know he's right. If I had been there, it would've been me the was unconscious, me with cuts and blood on my body. And, from what the others say, this happens all the time to Harry. So I guess he's used to being cut up and bruised.

I'm used to that as well. Now I know exactly why he did this. He didn't want me to be a target like I have been so many other times before. He wanted to protect me from the one thing he could. He wanted to keep me safe. To make up from the times he wasn't there to save me.

"Thank you, Harry."

***

What did y'all think??? I hope you're enjoying it! Votes and comments are appreciated! Could I make it any better?

I know it was kind of a long wait. I also know that it's not very long either. But at least I updated.