Chapter 2

Okay so before you start reading please read this first. I will try and update everyday, but it might be hard because of school. Dumb school -_- but I would like to have at least 5 votes and 5 comments please. So thanks for reading. If you like it you should tell your friends. So for now enjoy chapter 2. Happy reading!

***

*KAT*

"K-Kat," I answered.

"So, what exactly were you running from?" he asked.

"Nothing,"

"Really? You were running from nothing?" he smiled. I nodded.

"Nobody runs away from nothing like that," Damn it. He was on to me.

"What were you really running from?"

"It's nothing you need to worry about." I told him. I started to walk away when he grabbed my arm. I flinched away from him. He looked at me confused, but let it go.

I started to walk away again, but this time him speaking to me stopped me,

"You can't just walk away like nothing ever happened," he said walking closer to me.

"Why not?" I asked crossing my arms. He sighed and lifted his arm and I covered my face with my arms waiting for the impact that never came. I uncovered my face to look at him.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Look, I really need to go, I'm sorry." I said quietly turning to run away, but he grabbed my arm.

I was about to say something when my cheap flip phone began to ring. I didn't have any friends, so I knew exactly who it was.

"Hello?" I answered cautiously.

"Where the hell are you!? I left for an hour and I come home to an empty house and still no food!" he yelled through the phone.

"Dad I thought-"

"You thought? Why the hell would you leave without cooking me food first!? Get your ass home now! and don't take your fucking time either!" and with that, he hung up.

I looked at my phone in horror.

"I-I need to go," I said. After the words left my mouth I began running. I ran down my street to my house and cautiously walked in the front door.

"KAT! GET YOUR ASS IN THIS KITCHEN, NOW!" my dad yelled. I entered the kitchen and looked at my dad.

"Why the hell would you leave without telling me and leaving me nothing to eat? Hmm.."

"I-I,"

"Shut the fuck up." he yelled and slapped me.

He repeated the same thing he had earlier, but when he was done he went to his room. Probably to mourn over my mother.

My mother left us when I was 9. My dad loved her very much, but she didn't give two shits about him. I guess that's why he is taking it so hard still. I'm 18 almost 19. It was 9 years ago that it happened. I was never very close with my mum anyway, but I wish she could see the hell our home turned into when she left. I don't think that would make her come back but, it's the point of the matter.

I forced myself up to my room and laid down on my bed and darkness soon consumed me.

*HARRY*

When she left me, running down the street, I followed her. I wanted to know why she was running and why she thought I was going to hurt her.

It surprised me when I couldn't keep up with her. Even though there is a big height difference I was surprised at how well she could keep that speed.

I saw her walk into a house, which I'm guessing was hers. I ran into her yard and hid in some bushes. I watched through a big picture window.

I heard a faint male voice. That must be her father. Kat looked terrified as her dad approached her. I saw him yelling. Kat was trying to explain but before she could her father struck her in her face. He did that until she fell to the ground and then he kicked her multiple times in the gut. I watched horrified until I saw Kat limp to what I was guessing her room.

After seeing this, I felt and urge to protect her. I may not be able to at her house but I will try. I will try with everything I have.

***

Yay! chapter 2 is up!! Tell me what you think so far and if you think I should continue this book. I feel like I did a good job. I like hearing your opinions and what you think I could do to make this better. Vote? Comment? Follow me?