Chapter 29

*HARRY*

When I went to the couch, I couldn't sleep. I felt that something was wrong, or still needed to be done. But I couldn't think of a thing. I lay down and stare at the T.V. that was on. I wasn't listening to it, just staring.

I know that if I don't figure out what's bothering me I won't sleep at all, but how can I do that? I can't. I could go down to the beach, but I've been out enough for tonight. I don't know what else I could do.

I decide I go should see if Kat is all right. I make my way down the hallway and turn into the dark doorway. She's still in the same place that I found her in. I quietly walk over and squat down by the bed.

Her eye lashes rested on her high cheekbones. Her pink lips slightly parted. Her chest rising and falling with every breath she takes. She's so beautiful, but she never believes me when I tell her.

I run my finger gently over her cheek, and comb my fingers through her hair, pushing it out of her face. Her eyes flutter open. Her big blue eyes stare at me.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty." I whisper.

"Hi, Harry." she says gently.

She would glance at me but them quickly look away, avoiding eye contact with me.

I wanted to be angry about her leaving, but I can't. I understand why she left. It's what I did when I felt pressured.

"Kat, look at me." I said. She kept looking at the floor.

I turn her face gently with my index and middle fingers.

"I'm not sure why you won't look at me, but if it has something to do with earlier, I'm not mad. I was just worried when you didn't answer my calls. I don't know where you were for long, but I'm glad you didn't stay there." I say.

"I just felt scared and pressured and I-"

"I get it. I just want to know where you went for so long." she sighed.

"When I first left, I went to the park and stayed in a tree for a while. But when I realized I was tired I knew I should go, but I didn't want to come back here because I knew you would be mad, and I was scared. So I went back to my house and stayed in my old room." she said sitting up and scooting away from me.

"Why were you scared?" I asked climbing onto the bed.

She stayed quiet and only looked at me.

"Was it because you thought I would hit you for not listening to me?" I scooted closer to her.

She pulled her knees to her chest and nodded. I saw a few tears slip from her eye.

"You know I would never hurt you, right? I don't know what happened that made you scared of me in your dream, but you know I wouldn't think of ever hurting you. Ever. I promise."

I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her. Her arms went around my torso and buried her face in my bare chest. I rubbed my hand up and down her back. We stayed like that for a good 7 minutes.

"Harry, I'm scared." she whispered.

"Why?"

"In my dream you did all these romantic things, and at the end you took me to the woods and killed me. I'm scared that something like that will happen." she said.

"It won't, Kat. I promise to keep you safe. When you're with me there's no reason to be scared. I would never hurt you." I had my hands on her shoulders looking directly into her glassy eyes.

"I know I shouldn't be, but I am. I'm scared that you won't be there and something happens like what I told you about. Because we can't always be together. Sometimes you need to be places and so do I."