Mr. And Ms. billionaire

By ArinStone

'You're Leira Smith aren't you? That poor nerdy social freak who always hid behind Violet's shadow like a los... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT AN UPDATE
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 20

7.5K 303 84
By ArinStone

It hit her hard. The tension in the air. The air is full of it. Everyone is seeming like they're walking on egg shells. Whispering between themselves. They look a bit frightened.

And this is what makes Laura crunch up her eyebrows. What happened to make them look like this?

She has just entered Jared's company and didn't even take a step ahead when the tension in the air comes into her notice. An employee starts rushing past her when Laura catches that girl's arm.

'What is happening? Why is everyone so tense?'

That girl widens her eyes in an almost dramatic way.

'Oh my! Ma'am, don't you know? Today's the bulletin day.'

'What is the bulle...' Laura can't finish her sentence because the girl leaves in a hurry. Just as someone screams the words which seems dreaded to everyone.

'THE LIST IS UP!!'

Everyone starts running in the same direction. Although Laura has no business here since she's not an employee but her growing curiosity takes her to the same direction.

It doesn't take her much time to realise what's a bulletin day. Apparently after Jared joined this company as the CEO, he had made a new rule. Every six monthes at the decided date a list will hung on the bulletin board. Consisting the names of the persons who are fired and who are promoted.

She makes her way towards the list and scans it from top to bottom. It seems like Jared has fired quite a handful of senior employees. There are at least five managers and the assistant vice president. There is also a head of branch. And there are only seven employees who have been promoted. Seems like the guy is really picky.

Just as she's about to leave, a familiar name catches her eyes. His name is on the bottom of the list. A smirk grows on her lips.

Just as she gets out of the crowd in front of the bulletin, a running Reid comes into her view.

He hurriedly nods at her way. Just as he's about to leave she stops him.

'Hey! I saw your name on the list. Co..' Laura can't even finish her sentence when Reid gives out a horrifying shout.

'WHAT? I have been fired!'

He starts searching frantically for his name on the list chanting 'Oh no!', 'Oh god!' animatedly.

Laura's personal favourite is, 'I knew he was going to fire me. Why did I swap their coffees and then forgot to bring that file? Now I have to live in the subway and eat with the stray dogs. Why God? Why?'

Everybody starts looking at him weirdly. He starts chanting again when he abruptly stops as he's eyes stops at his name. He's not fired. Nope. He's definitely not.

'You lied to me.' Reid accusingly says to Laura.

Laura hides her smile. His show from seconds ago was amusing to say the least.

'No, I didn't.'

Reid's scowl deepens. He looks like a kid who lost his cotton candy.

'Yes, you did. You made me think I was fired. I made a complete fool out of myself there.'

Now Laura just breaks out laughing. His expression was too hilarious.

'No, Reid. I didn't.' Laura says in calm tone and after crossing her hands in front of her, she continues.

'I just said that I saw your name on the list. If you had just let me finish then you wouldn't had to make a fool out of yourself.'

Reid just scowls even further. Laura
shakes her head at his silliness.

'Congrats by the way. I saw only two people from this branch got promoted. You sure know your work.'

Reid cracks a smile at this.

'Thank you.'

Laura's face suddenly morphs into seriousness.

'Perhaps it was a typing mistake. What if you name was supposed to be in the fired list instead of the promoted?' She says with fake concern.

Reid's face changes like he was punched in his face.

'You think that too. It also crossed my mind. Oh no! What if that's true?'

Laura starts laughing and lightly punches his shoulder.

'Come on. I was just pulling your leg. You're so gullible.'

Reid starts scratching his head in embarrassment.

Laura shakes her head at Reid again and heads to Jared's floor. She has to talk to him about a file. She's hoping with all her heart that he doesn't bring up their little heart to heart.

After getting out of the elevator she starts going up the stairs leading to Jared's room cursing herself over and over again. Why did she have to pick a five inch heel today? It's bloody hard to use the stairs wearing a heel.

Just as she's about to reach Jared's office the door abruptly opens revealing Jared. Laura gets startled at his sudden appearance and loses her footing.

'Ah..' Laura screams and just as she's about to fall back Jared snakes his hands around her waist and pulls her toward's him hard.

Her front clashes with Jared with force and even Jared stumbles a little. As Laura regains her footing she hurriedly lets go of Jared.

When Jared notices her ears turning pink he smirks.

'It seems like you have knack for falling on me.'

Laura looks at him flatly.

'What are you talking about?'

Jared's smirk just deepens.

'Remember the first time we went to the site. You had almost greeted the earth mother. I was the one who caught you.'

Laura rolls her eyes.

'It seems to me you're the one who's eager to catch me every time. I never ask for it. And I don't think I ever will.'

An emotion goes through Jared's which she can't recognise. Obviously she doesn't even try to.

When she starts inspecting her feet Jared curses at himself. Or was it his fate? He doesn't know. Seems like her walls are too high for anyone to climb over.

Shit! Here he goes being sappy again. He definitely needs to work on his thoughts.

One of Laura's heels has broken. So she takes off those and stands straight to walk barefoot towards his office but just as she steps her right foot on the ground she winces.

Jared immediately goes to her side and holds her shoulder. She would've protested if her right foot wasn't weighting like a mountain at the moment.

He steadies her with his arms and holds her tightly as he helps her sit at the round couch. He crouched down in front of her.

'I think you've sprained your ankle.'

Laura again gives him a flat look.

'No shit Sherlock.'

Her remark wasn't sarcastic so Jared can't find in his heart to chuckle. He stands up.

'I'll get the first aid kit and some painkillers for you. Don't try to move your legs. The pain would get even worse.'

Laura says okay and Jared returns after a few minutes.

He hands her a glass of water and a pill. She takes them without saying anything. This caring side of Jared is making her awkward. Obviously she didn't expect this side from him. It's making her uncomfortable to say the least.

He crouches down in front of her again and takes her right leg in his hand.

'What are you doing?' Laura asks with her eyes sky rocketed.

'What does it look like?' Jared says as he places her right foot on his thigh and starts placing ointment on her ankle. At the sudden cool sensation she wiggles her ankle.

Jared gives her a pointed stare.

'You see, I'm trying to put ointment here. So unless you want me to smear it on your face, stop wiggling.'

Laura stops at once. After putting the ointment Jared starts massaging her ankle lightly. She gets shocked at his act. He's not only in his knees for her but also massaging her ankle. And damn if he's not good at it.

'How do you know to do that?' Laura curiously asks.

Jared looks at her for a second then goes to do the task at hand again.

'When you have a too cheerful mother who's a physiotherapist, you tend to know these things.'

Jared then continues.

'Actually mom and dad also met like this. Mom was dad's personal physiotherapist. They fell in love in a few monthes.'

Laura laughs.

'Their love story's sweet. Unlike my parents. It has violence.'

Jared looks at her with raising brows.

'Yeah they became high school enemies when dad vandalized mom's car. Mom gave him a broken nose for that. They were so busy arguing with each other whole day and the whole year that everyone except them considered them to be in a relationship. In university dad got the gut to propose to her. Mom gave him a broken nose again. Apperantly dad is the biggest idiot for not asking her sooner. Then she said yes and took him to the inpharmacy.'

Jared starts laughing hard after hearing that but doesn't stop massaging her foot. She has to say the pain has reduced and it feels nice.

She suddenly comes back onto her senses. What is she doing exactly? Reliving happy memories with him? So she gets back on attacking him with his words.

'Do you get on knees for every girl who sprains their ankle?' Laura asks.

As Jared hear her question he leaves a sigh. Seems like the light hearted Laura has left. He was thinking what was taking her so long.

'No. Only the ones who intrigue me.' Jared replys looking straight at her eyes. Her face instantly grows hot.

But she reagains her posture in no time.

'I can't believe you broke your heel. Why did you have to wear such a high one dispite being tall?' Jared asks.

'My cousin sent it for me. It was too pretty not to use.' Laura replys.

'I'm sure it looks even prettier in it's broken state.' Jared says with sarcasm.

Laura scowls.

'Now I have to be barefoot.'

'Why? You woman's bags always have everything in it. I'm sure you have one of these too.' Jared replys.

Laura lips turn into a thin life.

'Heels? In a purse?' She says in a tone which screams 'you're hopeless'.

'Why Mr. Parker? You seem like you know a lot about women to know that.'

Jared looks at her this time.

'And you Ms. Williams, assume too much.'

Laura shrugs.

'What's there to assume? You have so many lovely ladies in this building. I'm sure you never have to spare a breath to find a partner.'

Jared stops massaging her foot and gets up, only to sit beside her keeping a safe distance.

'I keep my office life formal Ms. Williams. And I never sleep with them so yes. I do have to spare a  breath to find a partner.'

Jared's answer starts making her feel almost guilty. Just a little. Perhaps it's wrong of her to judge him all the time.

If only she knew that she would regret these thoughts after a few minutes.

................

Boo hoo. I'M BACK! Hey lovelies! How are you guys doing on this fine day or night? I wasn't doing so well. But now that I'm updating I feel a bit at ease.

Thank you so much guys for your well wishes. My exams went well by the way. Better than I expected. This had everything to do with your wishes.

I love it when you guys say that you like this book. You don't know how much that means to me. I guess many new readers have joined. Welcome to the club new readers.

What are your thoughts after reading this chapter? Was it poor Reid? Or aww Jared's such a good guy? Or damn we got some interaction between them?

I'm writing after a long time. I hope I didn't dissapoint you guys. Do let me know by commenting and voting.

During writing this I haven't read a single book fully. Although I've read quite lot before writing this chapter. But there are just too many books to write them down.

Song for this chapter- Back to you by Bebe Rexha and Louis Tomlinson.

Till next time.

Lots of love.

- Arin

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 7.3K 61
✯Sequel to A beautiful mistake ✯ Can be read as a Stand-alone novel A fun fact about redheads. Did you know they derived their fierce temper from the...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
845K 21.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
437K 15.1K 46
"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i heard a voice from above my head. Did i sa...