Markiplier One Shots

By the-pro-fangirl

Here you'll find a series of random one shots of several different genres: horror, suspense, romance, action... More

Markiplier One Shots
He's Here
The Guy From the Sixth Floor
The Bite
Study Session
Mark from Best Buy
First Convention
Professor Fischbach
The Doctor Is In
Dark Escapes
Five Nights at Warfstache's
Scream
Kings of Chaos
Ghost Hunting
The End
Author's Note: The End
Afraid of the Dark
All I Want For Christmas
Valentine's Day
Dark's Plan (Pt 1)
Skype Call
Magic Mark
You're Welcome
Go Back To Sleep
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Choose Your Own Adventure: Darkiplier
Markiplier Manor
Real or Not Real?
Damien?
The Wrong Choice
Whatever I Tell You
Happy Birthday, Dark
Bubbles and Bubbly
Beach Bums
Master Dark: Part One
Hot
Dirty Shower
Control
Paranoid
Monster Mash
Good Girl
Punishment
Bloodthirsty
Ignorance Is Bliss
I Don't Wanna be Free: Part 1
I Don't Wanna Be Free: Part 2
Talk Dirty To Me
Bonding
Restricted
More Bonding
Traditions
Drunk In Love
Valentine's Day With Dark
Valentine's Day With Yancy
Just Keep Recording
Masochist
Members Only
Members Only: Private Chat
Not Okay
Cravings
Quarantine and Chill
Blind
Night Swimming
Such a Tease
Three
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Prison Presents
PDA
Last Night
What Happens in Space
Let Me Make it Up to You
Hurt Me
The Pizza Man
Birthday Cake
Disobey
By the Fireplace
Mr. Mayor
Undisciplined Desire: Part One
Undisciplined Desire Part 2
Chalet Getaway
Valentine Vibes
We Come in Threes: Part 1

SCP-0619

1.1K 17 7
By the-pro-fangirl

SCP-0619

I was always a little nervous about starting a new job. The change was scary. You had to meet and get to know new people, get a feel for the environment, and quickly learn how to do something new, the way your boss wanted it done. But I had never been quite as nervous for a new job as I was when I walked into the SCP Containment Building for my first day.

I had always been interested in the supernatural, so I had spent a lot of time doing research on the SCP Foundation, interested to learn about the different anomalies that were deemed SCPs in the hopes that maybe one day I could work for the Foundation officially. I didn't really know if I wanted to be one of the people searching for new SCPs and catching them, working with them one-on-one to learn about them, or if I just wanted to research them and document my findings. All I knew was that I wanted to be a part of it, any of it. But, of course, everyone has to start somewhere, and it's usually at the bottom. So my new job consisted of working as a guard at the facility, making sure everything was locked up and all of the already caught and found SCPs stayed contained throughout the night while the other employees weren't there.

I had already been through my training which consisted of a tour of the facility, a rundown on all of the different SCPs and the equipment and technology that kept them contained, and plans on what needed to be done if anything was faulty or if any of them somehow got out. But my training had taken place during the day, when the facility was bustling with workers and I felt incredibly safe and surrounded by people. Starting today, my shifts would be at night, and I would be all alone in the building for the first time. Well, almost all alone. There was one other guard, but he was in charge of a completely different part of the building and we weren't very likely to see each other much all night. Other than that, it was just me and the SCPs.

Clearly, I had good reason to be a little worried about my first real shift. But besides the fact that it was a dangerous job and I'd be more or less the only human around, a new SCP had just recently been caught the day before my shift and I had received very little training on how to handle it. I was given a brief rundown on what it was, how it was contained, and what I should do if it got out. But I had no practice being around it, and even the foundation was still unsure about most aspects of the new anomaly. So really, they did the best they could with preparing me. It just would be more comforting if I had a little more to go on.

The facility looked incredibly intimidating as I pulled up the drive in my car. It was a large building and it looked almost like a prison - I guess it was a prison for the SCPs. It was a dark building and it was illuminated mostly by the moon along with a few lights that littered the spacious parking lot. I chose a parking spot near the door, next to the only other car in the lot - it had to have belonged to the other night guard. I took out my keys and let myself into the building. Here goes nothing.

The other guard, Robert, was clocking in - he must have just arrived, like me. He smiled as I walked in, closing and locking up the door behind me.

"Hey there! Ready for your first night?" he asked. He was a tall, burly guy, with black hair and a curly black mustache to match.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied, not a single ounce of confidence in my voice.

"It's really not as bad as you think. You might be a bit afraid your first week, but just remember that I'm in here, too. I've had this job for years, so I know the ins and outs of the place. I know the SCPs and they know me. I'll be available on my walkie if you need help or if you just want some company. And after a few nights you'll start to get used to the job," Robert assured me.

"Thanks, Robert. I'm just a little concerned about the new SCP, is all," I admitted.

"Right, it's 0619's first night, too. Listen, I understand how frightening it can be to have to guard something new that even the foundation doesn't know much about, but I know you've got this. When I first started, 173 was new. It was terrifying, not knowing exactly what to expect of him. But now I'm practically an expert on keeping him at bay, even if he manages to get out. Billy seems like nothing, now! You'll feel the same way about 0619 in no time, I'm sure of it."

"I'm not sure that I'll be giving 0619 any nicknames anytime soon, but you're probably right," I laughed.

"Suit yourself. Well, I better get to my post. Remember to keep your walkie on and handy. I'll be around if you need me."

"Thanks again. Have a good night," I replied, clocking in and then heading to my own post.

Only the emergency lights were on in the facility, making it look much creepier at night than it had in the daytime. They let off an eerie glow and a low hum that quickly became unnerving. I gripped my flashlight tightly in my hand, as if it was going to somehow keep me safe.

As I walked through the halls, my footsteps thunked on the floors, alerting the SCPs that there was someone around to watch them. I went on my route, checking on them to make sure all was as it should be. SCP-049, better known as the Plague Doctor, was in his room, his hand reaching out towards me even though there was a wall between us. SCP-205's chamber was closed, and as I walked by, the lamps turned on and the shadows showed up on the wall, playing a story of a woman and her life leading up to an unfortunate death. I stuck around to watch and when the door to the chamber opened by itself, I made sure to close it and lock it back up. SCP-939 began speaking as I approached its chamber, taking on the voice and the dialogue of its most recent victims. Luckily, I knew to ignore it, and it was safely locked away.

The sinking feeling in my stomach increased the further I got into the building as I knew I was heading towards more and more dangerous SCPs the deeper I went. And before I knew it, I found myself approaching SCP-0619.

There was a shiny new plaque on the wall next to the door of this SCP's room. It read:

SCP-0619.

Class: Keter

Human-like SCP with the ability to teleport. Manipulates victims into giving it what it wants, then kills them on the spot by snapping their neck. Extremely dangerous.

There was a large window next to the door that looked into the room. Inside, 0619 was standing ominously. I wasn't sure if it had a gender, but it took the shape of a male of average height with dark hair that fell in his face. There was a darkness around his eyes like makeup, and he was in greyscale. An aura of red and blue echoed off his body, swirling and shifting even when he was still. He wore a nice suit, perfectly fitted to his body and well taken care of. His hands were behind his back and his head was down until he sensed my presence. His gaze met mine, and a chill shot down my spine.

"You're the new night guard, aren't you?" His voice was deep, soothing, and echoey. It was sort of nice to listen to. But I had been instructed not to talk to him by my boss, who had warned that this SCP could get to people even if he was locked up. So I checked the locks on his door, making sure they were secure, and I began to walk away.

"It's rude to ignore someone," he spoke again, this time more angrily. I continued walking, my heart beating a bit faster than usual. But 0619 was secure in his room, and although I knew he was mad, I was safe.

I continued to the cafeteria, where I found one of my favorite SCPs, 294. Although this one was classified as Euclid, it was a pretty safe bet. Nobody had ever been harmed by the Coffee Machine, and I had been told that I could try it out if I wanted.

I thought carefully about what I wanted to ask it for. It could make anything edible, or rather, drinkable. But even though there were a ton of really complicated or creative drinks I could ask it for, I knew that iced coffee was my best bet. I was going to need the caffeine to get through the night, anyways.

I typed what I wanted on the screen of 294 and it began whirring as it created my request. A short moment later, a cup manifested. I grabbed it and took a sip - that was some damn good coffee!

"Thanks, 294," I said, giving it a tap before continuing my venture through the facility. I smiled at one of the Anomalous Ducks that teleported around and did pretty much nothing else besides look cute. It was nice that there were still plenty on non-threatening creatures around amongst the scary ones. They gave me some relief from my nerves and fears and I was able to relax and focus on my job.

I browsed the monitors that were sprinkled throughout each area, some showing the chambers that SCPs stayed in, others showing footage of the open hallways and lobbies. Things were looking normal. All was rather quiet aside from the sounds of my footsteps on the metal flooring and the slight ring in my ears that I ignored. I was really beginning to let my guard down until I heard a creaking sound behind me, like someone else was around.

"Robert?" I asked, spinning around and turning on my flashlight to help light the dim hall. It was possible that we could run into each other throughout the night - our routes didn't overlap, but where mine stopped, his began. If our timing happened to match up, we might see each other. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he came to check on me since I was new. But I didn't see Robert anywhere, and I didn't get a response, either.

It's fine, I thought. Creaking is normal in any building.

I continued on, more on edge now. The ringing in my ears was growing louder, and I heard more creaks. I kept stealing glances over my shoulders, but I wasn't seeing anything out of the ordinary. I tried my best to focus on the task at hand - ensuring that things were secure and as they should be. I entered a new lobby area and checked the monitors that were mounted in the corner. I should have seen an empty hall on them, but instead there was static.

I walked closer to the monitors and reached up to tap them, as if that might help. I gently hit them a couple times, and sure enough, the static cleared. But instead of the empty hallway that I should have been seeing, I saw an occupied one. SCP-0619 was standing there, looking at the camera, his hair falling in his face.

"I don't like being ignored," he spoke. "It makes me very angry. And I don't think you want to see me when I'm mad."

I had no idea how he could be in that hallway - he was locked up! Sure, he could teleport, but the foundation must have put him in a cell that kept him from using his teleportation powers, right? They would have had to tell me if that wasn't the case, so I could be prepared. They told me about all of the other SCPs who wandered or were out in the open, like the ducks or the coffee machine or the candy bowl...this wasn't supposed to be happening.

The fear must have given me an adrenaline rush, because I immediately began sprinting back around my loop to where 0619's room was. It was my job to keep these guys contained, and I wasn't about to ruin a chance at a new dream career on my first day.

When I reached the room, my jaw dropped. SCP-0619 appeared to not have even moved since I had left him just a few minutes earlier. He was standing in the same position. The locks were secure. Nothing seemed out of place. Had he just teleported back? Was this some kind of wild goose chase?

"How did you do that? Are you teleporting?" I asked in a panic, my breaths heavy from running.

"So now you're up to talking?" he sneered, clearly annoyed.

"Answer me!" I demanded, pointing my flashlight at him as if that was even a little bit menacing.

"Unfortunately, I can only teleport within the walls of this cell I'm stuck in. But I have other abilities that I haven't shown the foundation yet, one of which is hijacking their monitors so i won't be ignored. I can make you see whatever I want on them," he explained.

"Okay, noted. I'll be sure to let them know that tomorrow morning so they don't get scared shitless like I just did," I complained. I started to walk away when he interrupted.

"You're honestly leaving me alone again?"

"This is my job, 0619. I have a route, I have other SCPs to look after. I'm supposed to keep moving so nobody tries anything funny. I can't exactly monitor the others when I'm sticking around to talk to you."

"Look, I get it. But it's the first night here for both of us. I'm just trying to make it less miserable," he replied.

"I'll be back around in a few minutes," I said, continuing on.

The rest of the SCPs were still contained and acting normally when I passed by them again. All locks were secure. The ducks were on the move, looking as adorable as ever but not hurting anything. And then the ringing and creaking returned to my ears, and that deep voice spoke. But not from a monitor, this time. It sounded as clear as if it was coming from right behind me, but there was nothing there.

"I really wish you'd hurry up."

Once again, I raced back to 0619's cell. And again, he was exactly where he should be.

"Another ability you've been keeping a secret?" I questioned him. I knew I shouldn't be talking to him - that was exactly what he wanted - but I was also getting information that was important for both myself and the foundation to know.

"Yes. I can make you hear things, too. I can speak to you without anyone else hearing it. Like telepathy, I suppose," he told me.

"Well, as much as I appreciate you teaching me new things about yourself, I'm not supposed to be talking to you, 0619. So if you could just let me do my job, I'll let you relax and enjoy your night," I said.

"I prefer to be called Dark," the SCP informed me coldly.

"What?"

"Stop calling me 0619. I have a name, and it's Dark. The assholes running this place might not care about that, but you could try to," he suggested.

I simply nodded and kept moving. I couldn't keep talking to him. He was trying to make me empathize with him, see him as a person with a name and feelings. But he was just a thing, a dangerous thing. And I could see that he was trying to manipulate me.

I ignored the ringing, the creaking, the images of him on the monitors, and his voice in my head. Robert's voice came through my walkie talkie as I reached Dark's cell again.

"Hows it going, newbie? Is everything alright so far?"

I removed my walkie talkie from my belt and pressed the talk button.

"Everything's good. Thanks for checking in," I answered. "How are things on your end?"

"Business as usual. Thanks for asking. I'll check in again later. Don't forget to give me a beep if you need anything!"

"Roger that."

Dark was looking at me, waiting for me to talk to him, but I didn't. I ensured that things were all good and stayed moving, enjoying my coffee.

The longer I ignored Dark, the more powerful he seemed to become. The TV screen images of him got clearer and stayed on longer. His voice in my head was louder, more crisp. I screwed up my face in pain from the ringing in my ears. But I wasn't about to give in and give up, because that was what 0619 wanted. So I dealt with it instead.

"You're really infuriating me now. I know what I'm doing is hurting you. I know you want me to stop. Just fucking let me in!" Dark yelled, his aura glitching crazily and his fists thumping against the glass as he punched it, probably wishing he could punch me. But I refused to even give him one word.

This time, when I reached the monitors, they could no longer contain Dark's image. On the screens, he ran at the camera and the TVs busted, glass shattering everywhere all at once. My mouth fell open in shock. What in the hell was I supposed to do?! That was a lot of damage that had now happened in my area on my watch. I was going to be in huge trouble, I just knew it. I grabbed my walkie talkie to get advice from Robert.

"Hey, Robert?"

"What's up? Is there something wrong?"

"0619's got more powers than the Foundation knows. I'm fine and everything, but he's been making images show up on the monitors and now they've all shattered. I know I'm going to be in huge trouble for it, I don't know what to do!" I panicked.

"It's okay, newbie. Things like this happen. You won't be in trouble. It's on the SCP, not you. They'll understand that, I promise. Want me to come to you?" Robert offered.

"No, it's okay. I just freaked out for a second, that's all. I'm just going to clean up real quick and get back to work. Thanks."

I took a few deep breaths and counted to ten, calming myself down. Robert was right, I couldn't really be blamed for this. I was ignoring 0619 like they had asked me to. I was doing my job.

I located the maintenance closet and got out a broom, doing my best to sweep up as much of the mess from the broken TVs as I could. When I was finished, I started to head back around my loop. But I quickly realized that I wasn't going to be able to ignore SCP 0619 for much longer.

I held my head as the ringing and creaking became intolerable. I felt something warm coming from my ears. I touched my fingers to them and they came back red - they were bleeding. My head hurt so bad, like I had the worst migraine in history. I wanted to lay down and die right there on the cold floor of the Containment Building. But I knew that there was an easier solution. Despite the pain, I ran, making my head throb even more. I ran until I got to 0619's cell, where he was glaring, waiting for me to finally respond to him.

"Stop it," I pleaded, rubbing my temples as if that would fix the pain. He ignored me.

Please! Stop it! I can't take this!" I screamed. I felt tears slip out of my eyes, and I didn't care. But while I cried, he just smiled evilly, content with my begging.

"It doesn't feel so good to be ignored, does it?" he questioned me, clasping his hands behind his back and leaning in towards me.

"I'm sorry. I won't ignore you anymore. Please, just stop all of this!" I apologized, my head in my hands as I sunk to the floor. I stayed like that for a couple minutes, and gradually, the pain began to fade. Soon, the ringing was so quiet I could barely hear it, and my head felt almost completely normal again, no voices or anything. I wiped my tears and stood back up.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I wish you would have listened sooner," Dark said, giving the lamest excuse for an apology that I had ever heard.

"Me too," I mumbled, annoyed.

"I can make it up to you," he proposed.

"Yeah? How so?" I asked, looking at my watch. I'd need to move on to check on the others soon.

"As you've already seen, I'm much more powerful than the Foundation thinks. They see that as a danger, when really it's a perk. If they would just take the time to listen to me, to give me a chance, to let me in...they'd know just how useful I am," he explained. "You see, I can give them whatever they want, anything, really. I can take them anywhere, I can help them with their work. They could have one of the strongest SCPs on their side. But they can only see me as a monster, they'd never give me a chance. Unless more people saw my potential."

He was gazing into my eyes intently. Uncomfortably.

"And where am I supposed to fit in to this?" I thought aloud.

"You can convince them. You'll be telling them everything I've done tonight anyways. But your report back to them doesn't have to be negative. You're a stubborn and strong-willed person, I can tell. If you just put the idea in their heads that I could be a useful tool, that could get them thinking. Talk about it to the other night guard, to the day employees. The researchers, your bosses. Keep at it until you have them convinced."

"And then what?" I inquired.

"Then I'll give you whatever you want. Anything. I don't care what it is, I can make it happen. I just need you to do this one thing for me."

I hadn't seen enough from him to believe that he could really give me whatever I wanted, even if I did want to join his side. Nice try at manipulating me, "Dark", but you'll have to try harder than that, I thought.

"No."

Dark was taken aback from that answer.

"Excuse me?" he said, crossing his arms.

"No thanks. I don't want anything from you. I'm fine," I told him, crossing my arms in return.

"You want a promotion, to move up. You want a better job with the Foundation than this, right? Like, a research job, potentially?"

I wasn't sure how he knew that. I guess he could speak to me in my head, so maybe he could get in there and learn my wants and desires. And that was very unsettling.

"I...I don't know..." I responded.

"If you get me on their side, I could get them on yours, you know," he persuaded me. He was probably right, but I knew he was no good. He was only doing this so he could get out of that cell and be free, or at least have less restrictions. He didn't really care if I got my dream job or not. And besides, I could move up in the company without his help.

"I'm not helping you, 0619," I frowned. "I have to go check on the others."

Before I could even turn to walk in that direction, several things happened at once. 0619 screamed out in anger, louder than any of the ringing or creaks or anything else I had heard all night. The colored auras around him got bigger, more saturated, and more glitchy and spastic than ever before. He thrust out his arms as if to push something, and all at once, the glass walls of his cell shattered.

The red warning lights came on overhead, flashing in full force, along with the loud alarms sounding, alerting Robert that there was an escape. I tried to run at Dark, hoping that somehow I might stop him, but he thrust an arm out towards me and without touching me, the somehow threw me against the wall and I crumpled to the floor, pain shooting through my body. Dark stepped out of his cell and began walking, breaking the glass and somehow undoing the locks of other SCPs as he passed them.

Robert was trying to reach me on my walkie, but it was too staticky for me to understand him. I tried to tell him what was going on, but there was no way of knowing if he was hearing me clearly. So I got up and sprinted, ignoring the pain I felt from my back hitting the wall so hard.

I dashed through the whole building, very narrowly avoiding the escaping SCPs until I found Robert. But I was too late. His neck had been snapped. Either Dark could sense that I actually enjoyed Robert's company so he killed him to spite me, or he was just so angry in general that he was in murder mode. I wasn't sure which it was, but I didn't have time to figure it out. There were too many dangerous creatures running around for me to even attempt to contain them all, but I had to do something. So I ran for my car and started driving, calling the Foundation to explain the situation as I sped out of the parking lot. Maybe they would have forgiven me for the broken monitors, but I'd be amazed if this didn't cost me my job. So much for working for the Foundation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 3.1K 54
Cute little Markiplier Imagines to make your day a little better :)
88.8K 3.8K 33
::DISCONTINUED:: just random little ideas/ficlets i write about septiplier!
5.2K 88 10
Here is a collection of one shot imagines I wrote for people on Instagram. They sure enjoyed them, so I hope you will too! *Mature ones will be marke...