Anthony's Angel ✓

By QuinnCatcher

"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side." More

Dangerous Men Series Information
Introducing Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
Anthony's Angel
0. Book 1: Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
I. My Prince Smile
II. Separation
III. illegal Flirting
IV. Triplets
V. Merciless
VI. Endurance
VII. Wine and Dine
Role of a Big Sister (Part I)
Role of a Big Sister (Part II)
VIII. Devil's Proposal
IX. Sealing the Deal with a Kiss
X. Contract of Marriage
XI. Be Aggressive
XII. Seducing an Angel
XIII. Jellyfish
XIV. Fxxx Me
XV. Panties Wetter
XVI. First Night
XVII. The Wedding Part I
XVIII. The Wedding Part II
XIX. The Realization
XX. Minnie Mouse
XXI. The Trap
XXII. The Italian Mafia
XXIII. Clean Slate
XXIV. Alexander Kuznetsov
XXV. Pretty Little Thing
XXVI. Submissive Woman
XXVII. Punish You
XXVIII. The Big Apple
XXIX. Sugar Daddy
XXX. How Far
XXXI. Massive Tent
XXXII. Intelligent Responses
XXXIII. Don't Break
XXXIV. Influential Families
XXXV. Nasty Note
XXXVI. His Smile is Contagious
XXXVII. This is Not Real
XXXVIII. Mouth of a Seducer
XXXIV. A Little Saucy
XL. The Bully
XLI. Fake it till You Make it
XLII. Gold Digger
XLIII. No Tears
XLIV. Ocean Rich
XLV. Bite Me
XLVI. Nostalgia
XLVII. Good Stalking Habits
XLVIII. Broccoli
XLIX. Elaborate for Me
L. Crybaby
LI. Foreplay
LII. My Husband
LIII. Someone Like Him
LIV. A Sense of Familiarity
author's note
Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
0. Book 2: Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
I. Against all Odds
II. I'm but a Child
III. Memories of Me
IV. Happily Ever After
V. Mrs.Maranzano
VI. Owie. Owie. Go Away
VII. I'm Miserable
VIII. A Storm
IX. Stefano De Luca
X. Husband's Acceptance
XII. Raw Sushi
XIII. Disappointment
XIV. That Brat
XV. Defilement
author's note

XI. Hating the Rival

2.1K 141 18
By QuinnCatcher

Least to say, I'm not welcome by anyone downstairs. So, I decided to stay upstairs despite the constant hunger.

I'm used to it.

Probably from being fed up with the people downstairs.

A knock on the door caught my attention, and I looked up. Rolling out of bed, my eyes met with Gabriella. She's in her usual tight clothes that shower every inch of her fantastic body with love. Sometimes, I think I'm slowly transitioning into a bisexual woman.

She smiles, "May I enter?"

I take a step back to make room for her. "Okay," I said, and she stepped in. My luggage is wide open inside the closet, and I couldn't be happier that I closed the door earlier. I don't want her to witness my avalanche of bras and underwear.

Glancing downward, I held a sigh of distress, realizing I was still in my cotton bunny pajamas and another one of Anthony's shirts. She turns around and takes a few blinks. "Nice shirt," she said. It didn't take much for me to know that she knew that the shirt belonged to Anthony.

"Thank you," I said, as we made our way towards the couches. Yes, there are couches in the bedroom. The life of the wealthy is quite glamorous. There is even a couch inside the closet. "How can I help you?"

"I want to apologize for my younger brother earlier. He is still quite naive."

I stay quiet, cautiously choosing my words. "I can relate. I have four brothers." In all things logical, Gabriella hasn't necessarily done anything to me. So, why try to start a fire when there's no fuel between us?

She smiles, and I realize that's all she does the majority of the time. There are rarely any emotions on her face other than contentment. "I am happy to meet you. I've heard of you from Anthony."

They are still talking - the discomfort roars inside my stomach.

She laughs, "Not like that, though," she said softly. "Merely as friends...cousins."

I tilt my head, playing stupid as if this was the first time I've heard that they are related. The information still shocks me. Cousins. They are cousins.

"You must be shocked to hear that," she said, and I nodded, "I bet you think it's disgusting."

"No," I said slowly "Of course not. I cannot be one to judge others...traditions," I wonder if I am choosing the right words. The thought of marrying my cousins, if I had any - probably do - doesn't settle well with me. But, it's their lives, they can do whatever they choose.

"I'm glad you're open-minded about this Angelica. Many others would find it quite appalling," she said, crossing a single leg above the other. "I'm going to speak the truth. Since you aren't judging my family, I will not label yours. Many people are saying things about you."

I stay quiet, hearing the light sound of chirping outside the window. I wonder what Anthony is hearing right now.

"The information they told me isn't quite pleasing. However, I know Anthony," she smiles softly every time she mentions his name. That was it, I know it. That's the face of a woman in love. "He is not the type of man that can be fooled easily. He chooses you because he truly wants you."

"And how do you feel about that?" I ask.

"It does not matter how I feel."

"I believe that's not true," I said, swaying my legs to the side. The tip of my slippers touched the floor. "Your emotions matter too."

"Would you like the truth?"

I nod, "Yes."

"I love Anthony."

I waited for her to say - like a brother - but it never came.

I knew it. I knew she was in love with Anthony, because with each mention of his name; her face softened. The tight sensation in my chest excels, setting deeper and deeper inside my guts. I feel the urge to run, escape, and hide.

"I love him since I was a child. You may call it love at first sight," she continues speaking; sadness pouring into every inch of her trembling body. "But because I love him. I will not stand in the way of his love for you."

She's perfect.

Beautiful. Caring. Intelligent.

I hate her.

Because she is everything, I am not.

If Anthony married her, no doubt, everyone would accept her.

"You're too kind," I whisper.

"And that's the reason why you hate me. Isn't it?" It felt as if she was reading my mind. I wish there were a mirror in front of me, so I would know what I look like. Perhaps, I can morph my features into a more unreadable one. "If it makes you feel better, I'm not too fond of you either."

I look up from my clasped hands towards her.

"I always ask myself. What does she have that I don't?" The wind forces itself inside the room, brushing our hair across our faces. "What does Anthony see in you, that he can't see in me?"

"I ask myself that same question every day," I said.

"I guess we won't know the answer until we find him."

"You're willing to help?"

She nods, "I heard from Laura-" she's keeping a distance from Anthony's mother. Perhaps, she is trying not to offend me. "You're re-molding yourself to become Mrs.Maranzano. I will support you."

"Why? Why are you helping me?"

If I were her, I would take this time and dispose of me. That's the term I heard the guys used a lot. That, and taking out the garage or stepping on the ant. They seriously need better codes.

"I'm not." She stands up, straightening out her clothes. "I am doing this for my own self-interest. I cannot rest until Anthony is safe and sound."

Again. Perfect.

"I will not be taking any more of your time. But, please, come down to dinner with us," she said.

I walk her towards the door. "Thank you." She returns my thanks with a mere nod. Ah, I made a mistake. I should've nodded like her.

Since Gabriella invited me to dinner and I accepted it, despite my desire not to - I went anyway.

I scooped the soup and allowed the spoon to enter my mouth as I avoided the glare parallel to me. Dinner is quiet and still uncomfortable. I never expected myself to miss having dinner back home with everyone, and I meant everyone.

My spoon clicks against the bowl once more. "So, Angelica-"

"Stefano," Gabriella said, hinting at an ominous warning.

"What? You say to be nice and at least attempt to converse with our guest," Stefano replies with a broad grin, before reverting his hateful eyes at me. "As I was saying, I don't know much about you." Liar, I'm pretty sure he looked up everything about me. "Why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

I grab the napkin on my lap and dab it across my lip before looking up at the man parallel to me. Stefano is the type of guy who held that youthful look, but lethal tongue. One which clouds his charms, "What would you like to know?" My demeanor is much calmer than I thought.

Relax. Relax.

Just like your childhood.

Tuck away your emotions.

"How did you and Anthony meet?" he asks. I can see Laura and Gabriella leaning inward. If they didn't disturb him, it must mean they are also interested in our meeting.

"Anthony rescued me when I was younger." I didn't feel like hiding the truth. "Later, we met at the restaurant I was working at."

"When did you two meet?" Gabriella couldn't hold back her interest.

"When I was around seven. So, about thirteen years ago."

They all sat there and stared at me. Laura drops her spoon and quickly wipes her mouth. She stands up, causing the chair to grind against the wooden floor. "I'm quite full. I need to go-" she looks at me, "lay down."

"Any other question?"

The siblings stay quiet.

When we finished eating, I went back to my bedroom and took a shower before flopping down on the bed. Someone knocks on the door, and I roll off to open it. A maid bows to me before handing me an invite to a gathering tomorrow. I nodded, and she made her way down the hall. Closing the door, I walked back to bed and began analyzing the envelope. It's a gold envelope stapled down with some type of seal. Without opening it, I knew the content inside. Antonio already messaged me about it earlier.

I threw the envelope down and flopped down once more. Twisting and turning, my lids refuse to drop. I grab the bear underneath the pillows and tuck it between my breasts. "Anthony."

My lids were getting heavier and heavier as the moon scrolled up to the sky. Inhaling and exhaling, I mentally prepare myself for the party tomorrow.

The morning arrives and passes quickly. With each minute, I'm getting more and more anxious, particularly with the event about to unfold tonight. The dress hangs on the rack and makeup scatters across the table.

People prowled in and out of the room; hair, and makeup, and even volunteered to dress me.

Once everything was done, I told everyone to leave; giving myself a few minutes alone. I sat in front of the desk once more and stared at myself. I didn't recognize the woman looking back at me. My eyes flicker towards the door when I hear a knock.

At that moment, I wish nothing more than to have Anthony on the other side. I want it to be him. I want him to enter and tell me how beautiful I look before spinning me around in his arms. I would burst out laughing before pressing my cheek onto his chest; hearing his pounding heartbeat.

Much to my disappointment, it isn't him.

Stefano stands there with a single hand, attached to the cuff on the other. He's in a three-piece suit, attempting to button up.

"Hey, it's time to-" Stefano stopped talking once his eyes met me. Steadily, his mouth gap open, and his fingers stop working.

I tilt my head, feeling the small curls swaying across my cheeks. My hairpins up into a side bun, but they decide to leave some strands to cover up a little bit of my face, "What is it?" I ask, feeling awkward towards Stefano's intense stare.

He clears his throat and steps back. "It's almost time for us to go," he grumbles under his breath before reverting his attention to the button on his wrist.

I noticed how his fingers were trembling more than earlier, "Do you want me to help?" I ask, raising my hands.

Stefano looks at me, his lip pursing. He pushes his wrist towards me but keeps a refined distance. I take a step forward and grab the cuff of the shirt. My fingers brush against his hand before carefully sliding the button in. I remember doing this for Anthony before he left in the morning for work.

Once I finished, I couldn't help but smile at the warm feeling tumbling into my chest at the memory.

Taking a single blink, I look up to see Stefano's eyes. His breath waved across my face and I could smell a rush of mint. It's refreshing.

I noticed how he was staring at the diamond ring on my left finger, almost as if he was lost in a trance.

"Stefano," I called for him, but he didn't respond. I held up a hand and snapped it in front of him. "Stefano?" I said in a stern voice.

Immediately, he leaps back and clears his throat. I notice how his cheeks are a bit tinted, and he brushes his hair back. "I'll meet you downstairs. Don't be late," he said quickly, before exiting down the hall.

"You're welcome," I mumbled under my breath before entering the bedroom again to put on the earrings.

Once I was ready, I walked down the hallways, hearing my heels clicking against the tiles. I reach the stairs, placing a hand on the railing before stepping down one by one. I noticed how everyone was already downstairs, and I was the last to arrive.

My eyes beamed around the room, noticing the heads were turning. I plant a faint smile on my face before stepping into the living room.

"Are you ready?" Laura asks.

I nod, "Yes, mother."

I stand my ground, daring her to correct me. I made a resolution, and I will go through with it. I will become stronger and rescue my husband.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 150 22
"You know how I'm in a mafia" "Ok?" "Want to join?" "Mafia?!?! Um no I work alone"
23.6K 1.4K 20
It's clear escaping is nearly impossible. This was not going to be my life. I refuse. I either give in and eventually die here, or die faster trying...
788 3 22
You're on your own......till he claims you that is.
951K 19.9K 56
"When you're mine, you're mine. I don't do that sharing shit love" 😏