Starting New

By maxine247

After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russ... More

Monster
After the War
Time
Blood
Across the Altantic
Welcome to North America
Maybe
Issues
Another one Gone
Goodbye
The Meeting
A Talk
Getting Through It
Starting Over
Family of the West
Idea
Debut
Belgium
Malta
The Rio Pact
NATO
Incident
A/N
Whatever It Takes
Who Is He?
Reunion
England
Joining
Cinderella
Are You Sure?
How Do You Know?
Catching Up
Making Up
No Tears Left To Cry
Reaching Out
Mother
Birthday
Another One
The Curse
Claimed
Help
Home
Back and Around the World (Edit)
Breaking Bonds
Truth
Explanation
Back (For Sure)
Proof
My Story
Two Sides
Starting New

Guest

706 26 1
By maxine247

Dinner was a mixture of quiet and compassionate, to say the least, so far.

The quietness was on Austria's and mainly Switzerland's part. And as you can guess, the compassionate was on his sister's.

Liechtenstein had noticed that Ludwig, had gotten a tan, and commented and asked him about it.

So he started to tell her about his adventures in the former Axis countries. His baby sister looked so interested, doing more listening than eating. So of course, Austria would gently remind her to eat her food. 

Speaking of Austria, his brother was actually listening to the conversation too and adding his input, he even seemed generally seemed shocked at the fact Ludwig went on an 8 year exploration trip to different countries.

He just didn't seem like the type for it.

But he was impressed that his brother did seem to change, truly inside and out.

He looked more defined, more at ease, just different.

"It was just so peaceful," Germany spoke with a smile on his face as he remembered the country side of Japan. He had been to many villages. Of course, many villagers were wary of him and Feliciano or even downright rude, they did have different features after all. Plus, many didn't want to deal with Europeans. But some did come around after awhile and hang around and teach him new things.

And it was just so enjoyable to learn more about their culture. It was amazing how different villages had different traditions and routines. 

And of course Japan told him about the traditions and lifestyles but hearing it from a human, a villager gave it a different perspective and just intrigued him so much more.

Liechtenstein smiled, her eyes beaming with interest, "I wish I could go to Japan."

"I would love to take you," He smiled back as Liechtenstein gave him a look of excitement. "It's a very beautiful place and the countryside is very-"

As this conversation went on, Austria looked at Switzerland, "You're awfully quiet." 

Vash looked up at him, he had been listening to the conversation but that was it. Wasn't making any comments on or anything. Was just quiet. 

Switzerland wasn't a loud person, but tonight he was just silent. 

"Are we just sure?" Is what he asked as he looked at his two younger siblings talking, "Lily's been through so much through this whole ordeal and I swear I won't be able to take seeing her get so hurt again," He whispered.

He was concerned about Liechtenstein. That made sense, and he was trying to keep distance from Germany in case their brother did something... something that would go against their family and hurt their sister.

Austria truly understood Vash's reasoning, but when he looked at Germany, he saw changed man and that was saying something since he was the one who wanted to make sure Ludwig had truly changed and wouldn't drag their family down in another war. Plus, their brother was telling them about his 8 year journey.

It seemed like he had truly found himself.

And that was something so many nations couldn't do.

"We need to have a talk with him," Switzerland spoke.

And Austria nodded, "Of course." But not right now, "Later though."

"Why not now?"

"Look at her," He discreetly motioned to Liechtenstein who was giggling at something Germany said.

It brought a smile to both their faces. 

And Switzerland understood what Austria meant just like that.

It had been so long since they'd last seen their sister smile and laugh like that.  So so long. And the scene warmed their hearts. Just not now, they wouldn't question Germany now. 

They wanted Liechtenstein happy for awhile longer.

Dinner went on with Germany telling more of his stories. He was paying most of his attention to his sister and honestly, his nervousness had basically completely faded. Telling his adventures and Liechtenstein's smiling face just brought a wave of calmness over him.

He noticed his brothers talking to each other and hoped it was for the best. 

Hoped that he could stay.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Austria stood and started to pick up empty bowls. Germany stood after him, wanting to help him and maybe wash the dishes too.

His brother shook his head at him, "No Ludwig, I can do it. You're a gues-" Austria stopped himself and shook his head, quickly picking up the rest of the bowls and rushing out.

Germany was frozen.

A guest...... that's what he was going to say.

He truly was a stranger in his own home. 

Switzerland shared a look with Liechtenstein and then looked at Germany before walking out. He really didn't know what he could say, for goodness sakes, he was planning on questioning his younger brother soon.

But the look on Germany's face was..... heartbreaking.

Liechtenstein bit her lip. She felt so bad for her brother. He was really trying to redeem himself, and she knew Austria hadn't almost- but basically did- called him a guest purposely. It was just that.... he was gone for so long..... And Vash..... He seemed like he didn't trust Ludwig but at the same time looked confused. 

She sighed, her family was trying to pull itself together but.... it was just so hard... She wished Gilbert was here.

Sure he didn't seem serious at times but truly, he did take his place as the oldest of the family.

As the only girl in the family, Liechtenstein remembered when being carried by her father as he observed her brothers training. Prussia would be the one in charge of it.

He had been second in command when Germaina was still around. And kept his younger brothers in line.

And when Prussia was in charge when their father wasn't around. He would make Lily second in command. She slightly remembered him putting
2 year old her on his shoulders while shouting at Vash to better his aim in archery.

Gilbert knew how to keep his family together. But without him it was like nobody knew how.

She knew he wouldn't approve of how things were going.

She had too do something.

She was sick of her family falling apart.

Liechtenstein marched forward and grabbed Germany's hand. He looked at her with a wonder of what she was doing.

She pulled him to the kitchen, walked to Switzerland and grabbed his hand and motioned for Austria to follow.

After decades, it was time for the Germany family to talk.

Her brothers looked at her confused.

And she put her hands on her hips, "Talk to each other!! We're not getting anywhere with you not doing so!!" She shook her head, "Luddy came to prove he changed and he's not getting a fair chance!!"

"Lily," Vash sat down on a couch, "After decades. We don't even know if he means what he's trying to prove."

Roderich shook his head, "That's why I turned him away the first time. But now, I can see it. I see that he's different...... but it's just....... Liechtenstein, you don't understand. This is-"

"I don't understand for what?" She asked, "Because I'm a little girl?"

"You know that's not what I mean-"

"I was in this house too during both wars. I was here with the prisoners."

They all flinched at that.

"I knew what was happening. You all tried to keep it from me but I knew. How could I not? I understood everything going on."

She took a breath.

She had, had a radio that Gilbert gave her.

She knew her family underestimated her.

Except for Gilbert. He knew she was stronger than they all thought. He jad gone against orders and trained her before you know. Usually it was extremely early or a bit late when she younger and even the early 1900s.

He wanted his sister prepared for the world. He wanted her to understand. And he knew sheltering her wouldn't do that.

No one else knew this of course.

Including the radio.

"The Germany back then is different from the one now." She argued. "I can see that and I know you too can."

Besides, her brother had basically been an empire and powerhouse right after he became a nation. She knew even he still needed guidance.

And her brothers putting him down wouldn't do that.

If he had gotten guidance after the first world war, which he didn't even start, the second one wouldn't have happened.

Roderich and Vash opened their  mouths to speak-

"I really have been trying." A voice weakly said.

Germany was looking down, with his head in his hands.

"I've been trying since the late 40s...." Trailed off.

Liechtenstein caught his eye and his sister motioned for him to keep talking.

For the first time.

He would talk. He would speak. He would say his side of the story. The true long side that not even his Axis Brothers knew.

He would let it out.

And the audience, the people he was talking to...

They would listen.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 201 5
Prussia has three days before the Allies officially dissolve him. Three days to live; three days to say goodbye to his brother; three days to mend th...
4.4K 148 12
Is the clown the fool of the story, or are you? After all, the clown knows it's an act, but the audience is so lost in it that they tend to forget. ...
4.1K 166 29
Arranged Marriage. People grimace at those words. Especially the countries of the world. Forcing people to get married and love each other. They hate...
972 28 30
Not everything is about happiness within the real world. In today's time, most countries are suffering in one way or another. For Maria, it's getting...