Egotistical

By casuallyslaying

[ third book of attitude problem ] "I'm old enough to handle it by myself" Pharaoh was much like his fathe... More

0.5
1.0
1.5
2.0
2.5
3.0
3.5
4.0
5.0
5.5
6.0
6.5
7.0
7.5
8.0
8.5
9.0
9.5
10.0
10.5
11.0
11.5
12.0
12.5
13.0
13.5
14.0
14.5
15.0
15.5
16.0
16.5
17.0
17.5
18.0
18.5
19.0
19.5
20.0
20.5
21.0
21.5
22.0
22.5
23.0
23.5
24.0
24.5
25.0
25.5
26.0
26.5
27.0
27.5
28.0
28.5
29.0
29.5
30.0
30.5
31
31.5
32
32.5
33
33.5
34
34.5

4.5

9.9K 568 808
By casuallyslaying

Pharoah

  I chewed my inner cheek as I looked around the shop, it was Friday and the day of the dance  show. Naylani was forced to work backstage and I was going merely for my girlfriend who was still mad for no fucking reason. I say as I sat in the shop, it was a normal day my pa doing a bunch of nothing as music played in the background and Him and Arnold talked shit. He shook his head as he walked over to me at the desk.

"Wassup baby Nas, when's my next pointment?" He asked

"In 15, and Ian no baby nas" I started narrowing my eyes at him.

"Yeah whatever, you even got the same mad look" he laughed making me narrow my eyes at him even more.

"You done or finished?— wait wait, you known my parents for a moment" he raised his eyebrow. Last night my teacher had emailed me saying I should go a different approach with my essay; about how the struggles of Chicago and the people around me shaped me as a person. So first I need to know what shaped my parents into how they are, especially if I need to make this shit close to 20 pages by the end of the year. The worst part was it couldn't be bullshit.

"I knew ya parents before they was even a thing, Nassiah straight outta jail and Alonso love stuck for some straight homophobic hothead" he said with a small chuckle as if what he said was funny. "Damn if keem seen the shop today he'd probably stop calling Nassiah a delinquent, ya pops grew very much" he added "Alonso's been smart doe, dat boy grew up inna streets Neva thought bout it a lick" he said before tapping the desk. "Talk to them bout it" he added before walking off. What he told me sounded pretty much true except I never heard about no keem, I heard very little about any of my pops family unless it was from somebody else; but even then it seemed they didn't wanna bring it up.

"I think I need a haircut" the voice was to familiar I looked up and saw my uncle Nayson fixing his curls I jumped up in excitement as my pops turned around with a small smile.

"You coming hea to arrest me?" He asked making Nayson shake his head at my father.

"Did you do anything illegal Nassiah?"

"Ian fucking with you till you show me you ain't got no wire" like everything he came to visit Nayson showed us his shirt and turned around before my pops started talking.

"Look at my nephew, looking like— ya damn father what the hell" he said grabbing my face. "It's like a clone, with a bit of Alonso—Nassiah you pop this child out?" He said eyeing my face before pulling me into a hug.

"1- I'll fuck you up, 2- You just popping up make me nervous as hell, Nay you know ion like surprises" my pops called as he went back to doing hair.

"I'm actually relocating back to Chicago, I started thinking the best town to place is the one I grew up in" Nassiah snorted a bit. "I do hope Alonso finally got you to stop that shooting shit; my boys are moving in and I am a detective a good one I don't need my brothers name popping up"

"Don't tell me what you fucking need, I fed yo ass! I'm the reason you a detective you Betta act like you don't see shit"

"Pa!" I said and he sent me a small smile.

"What king? It's a joke relax.. I already know you can't stand no shootout" he said whichmade me raise my eyebrow. When you ask questions it surprises me how much else came out with it,it's like I was born in the streets and didn't even know.

"King we gotta roll outta hea by 6:30, Lani said if she behave for the costumes they gonna let her do her solo last" he started and everyone knew now Naylani got, I broke my arm from falling out of a tree one year and me and Dad had to get a cast, Naylani had a WHOLE fit that we didn't make it to her dance show— She was 10. I haven't missed on after that.

"This place brings back memories" Nayson said under his breath

"Good?"

"Memories" he only responded looking around with wide eyes. "Anyway How is Everyone doubt? Zo? Nay? The twins?"

   "Everyone fine, your brother is a manic" I whispered hoping I found my way out of being grounded.  He looked back at him then at me and only laughed right in my face.

...................

"Nigga I don't give a fuck" my pop said as he helped the twins out of the car. I side eyed him as My dad was talking to Nayson not caring his husband was pissing me off. He caused a couple of parents to look at us then look away

     "Pa, you're not even listening— Its for school" I whined he was having a problem with my project because it was asking him to many questions, like the feds. Then Nayson got upset about Nassiah talking shit about the feds. Alonso had to shut down the whole argument by shutting up his husband and that's what  we were at now.

   "Why ya school project need to hear bout that crackheaded bitch"

  "Pa! Stop talking bout  my momma like that" I  huffed taking Kamillias hand as we walked towards the school.

  "Ain't nobody talking bout Lacey retard ass— I'm talking bout my crackheaded momma" he said making the lady at the door look at him. "Don't do it to yaself bitch" he only responded and I nodded at my old science teacher and kept walking with my family.  We sat in the second row we got here a bit early— Dad told Pa it started at 6:30 it started at 7:30, we got here at 6:50 So anyway dad was right for lying but now pa was pissed.

    I sat next to pa who had kamillia in his lap,dad was on the other side of him with Kyra on his, Nayson sat on the other side of Dad not wanting to deal with his brother. "This bum ass school" I heard pop say making Kanillia laugh.

   "Pa you can't talk like that in kool"

"Said who?"

   "My teacher duh,she gonna move ya thing on red"

    "Millia always on red" Kyra added

  "Damn Mill you bad?" I asked raising a eyebrow she shook her head

   "No, I'm good- Dey Just dummy's" she complained as she rested against my pop.

   "You Betta not be on no red or the next thing that's gonna be red is yo ass, you hearing me miss?" I snickered just glad it wasn't me.

   "King? I thought that was you,how are you?" Omanis mother started, my pop looked up before me as if someone said his name and gave her a dirty look.

   "Hi Miss-

"I told you to call me theroa"

   "Who the hell are you" I felt my face go pale as my pa embarrassed me just like I thought he would.

   "Oh I'm sorry, you must be one of Pharoahs fathers"

  "Yeah- so who the hell are you?"

   "I'm Omanis mother, King always said you guys work so much but I've been trying to maybe have dinner some time— they are just a cute couple" I felt my face heat up and my dad moved his head tuning into the conversation- saving my ass.

   "Yeah, we can do that sometime— I'm Alonso this is my husband Nassiah"

  "Oh yes Alonso you do a lot of work with minorities in the community, actually some of my patients speak highly of you— sound like a smart man I'm a therapist not just some creep"

   As they talked my pa pulled me into him so he could whisper. "Imma beat ya ass" he said making Kamillia laugh loudly at my pain. I fucking hate 5 year old.

  "You getting popped you getting popped, king gonna cry like a babyyyyy" she sang I smacked her leg and like the bratt her father raised her to be she let out a loud whine. I noticed now that Theora was gone so my pop pinched my arm as hard as he could.

   "Don't smack my baby, only I can do that" he said hugging the girl on his lap.

   "YOOOOO" My uncle Donnie said doing that ghetto ass calling.

   "WE HEA" my pa yelled making and so I didn't have to suck my teeth my father pulled the man closer to him.probbaly saying what he always did Nassiah act like you got some sense cause if they say something yougonna try to beat they ass and you cannot beat they ass.

  "I bet you I can beat they ass" Nassiah mumbled only proving my point.

   "Wassup king, yoo Nase wassup" my uncle said before mushing the twins face. Quelly plopped down next to me getting comfortable, he was high- the mixture of cologne and weed gave it away but then when he tried to offer me some skittles his glossy red eyes became even more clear.

   "I don't want that" I only responded he gave me a half shrug putting his arm around my chair as he shook the skittles with his other hand and put them in his mouth.

   "Aint ya bitch in this dancing shit?" I asked

  "Dayquellz you can't call everyone a bitch" Maurice added as he sat inbtween Quelly and his dad.

    When the thing finally started Omani walked on stage first, I was at the edge of my seat and I heard my pa let out a laugh.

  "Look at him Zo, he think he grown cause he got a lil friend"
.............

  Naylani did come out at the end, she did dance. And now here my family was acting like hoodrats whistling and screaming her name when the curtain call came through as soon as the words "Naylani chavera" got called.

   "YEAAA NIECE, SHOW THEM WHAT THE FUCK YOU KNOW!" Donnie yelled

  "YOU BETTA FUCKING SMILE DID BETTA THEN THESE BAD ASS DANCERS" my pa yelled making parents look at us. Alonso pulled him down shaking his head.

   After the show Naylani practically ran to us but I snuck out trying to find Omani, when I did she was talking to her ugly ass friends. "Good job baby" I said hugging her from behind- her friends only smacked their lips. "What?" She turned around and gave me a tight lipped smile.

   "Thanks" She said dryly.

   "I talked to your mom, well she met my parents" I said and she rolled her eyes. Her friends smacked their lips. Alright hoes

   "That makes one of us" She said looking around then back at me.

   "You can't still be mad at this? They're nothing special"

   "That's not the fucking point Pharoah, I want to meet them- I want to see what made you, I mean you met my parents— I had to actually see your sister to know you had one, are you embarrassed by me?" Gretchen was shaking her head ready to get bitch smacked.

   "No he's embarrassed by us, you his little friend?" My pa grabbed my shoulders and I saw her friends behind her make heart eyes at my pa, I mean I guess— he ain't shit to me.

  "Pa, he's 17 say girlfriend" my dad said as he shifted Kyra in his arms. Then the girls were real heart eyes.

  "Who y'all looking at my husband like that,my daughter will fuck y'all up again- find ya parents bye" my pa snapped and Omani eyes widened in fear but her friends scattered.

   "Hi Mr & Mr Chavera - I'm Omani" she said nervously. My pa eyes didn't ease up but my dad came to the recuse.

   "I heard you wanted to meet us, you can come over tomorrow for dinner"

   "Don't you try to break my son heart,you got a daddy? I'll fuck him up. Come on crew we finna bounce" he then said. Naylani has a small smile on her face as my face was bright red. Exactly what I was avoiding.

"He's all Bite" my dad lies making me shake my head.

"You're pretty" kamillia started "but my sissy said she gonna beat you up" she said laughing when I jumped at her.

"Aye you riding with me? I need a blunt" Quelly said tapping my shoulders. "Hey shawty why you look like that?"

"I don't think they like me" she said her bottom lip quivering

"Babe, he's always like that- I tried to tell you" I added

"What Nassiah scared you? Ha! Just wait"

"I'm bout to kill that ugly ass teaches of yours king, bring yo ass on we getting food" Donnie said grabbing Quelly by his neck and pulling him that why I heard Maurice scold him making me laugh.

"It will be fine tomorrow, you asked for this— I'll text you" I said kissing her cheek

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

768K 37.8K 37
[Book 2] Jerry McQueen was a needy bottom and proud to admit it. However, even he couldn't deal with the attention of a very persistent older man. Je...
38.1K 2K 22
⇢ ˗ˏˋ "How many tattoos do you have Hakeem?" In which a 22 year old medical student, who's life isn't what it seems. Being controlled by his pa...
13.7K 177 6
Elijah life changes once his former best friend gets out of prison. He has a couple of secrets that he's trying to keep from his loving Mother but wi...
2.3M 64.7K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...