Dear Nate {Dear #1}

By danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... More

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 29-

8.1K 443 55
By danamayfield

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. But college homework is starting to take a toll on my writing so keep that in mind.

This story is slowly coming to an end. Maybe four or five chapters left, depending how i feel and what comes to mind.

ALSO: If you wanna join a book club--JOIN MINE! It's called @amazeballzbookclub check out the profile for more info.

Anyway, hope you like this!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

__________________________________

NOT EDITED

__________________________________

“Chug, chug, chug, chug!” people chant around me as Pat is holding the beer bong up in the air and Mitch is pouring some kind of alcohol into it.

            The liquor runs down my throat, some dribbling from the corners of my mouth. Once Mitch runs out of alcohol I step back and throw my fists in the air. The crowd around us starts cheering more. I have a lazy smile on my face as I let the alcohol take its affect. Clouding my mind and senses.

            “You did great man!” Pat says, nudging my arm with his elbow.

            I watch, with a red solo cup in my hand, as one of the guys that were on the baseball team goes next. Pat is now the guy pouring the alcohol as Mitch stands beside me.

            “So what changed?” Mitch asks. “You would’ve never gone this hard at a party before.”

            I shrug, taking a drink. “College is coming up. I wanted to go hard before leaving,”

            Mitch looks at me, most likely detecting my lie. “Nate I know this is about Alison.”

            I groan before finishing my cup. “Everything I do isn’t all about her!” I basically yell at Mitch.

            I walk away from the beer bong scene to refill my cup. I don’t want to think about Alison tonight, that’s the main reason I agreed to come. I wanted the alcohol to rid my mind of her.

            As the night goes on the alcohol keeps flowing. I do fairly well holding my liquor, but everyone has that point of no return. My point happened after another round of beer bong, but with much harder alcohol than before. Before I start I ask Pat what’s he about to pour, but all he does is shrug. I can only do half of what Pat wanted me to drink because my stomach couldn’t take it anymore. I groan as I step away from Pat, staggering on my feet. 

            “Whoa,” Mitch says behind me, steadying me. “Your limit has definitely been reached.”

            I chuckle, wiping my mouth from the remaining alcohol on my lips. “That was reached a while ago,” I slur, turning to Mitch. “I-I’m so sorry for snapping at you man,” I say, wrapping an arm around his neck and leaning into his side. “I miss Alison and all I want is for her to come back into my life.”

            Pat passes the bong to another guy, pushing Mitch and I away from the crowd. “You need to get it together,” he says sternly.

            “You’re the one who wanted me here!” I exclaim, leaning away from Mitch.

            “Well I didn’t expect for you to get wasted,” Pat adds.

            I scoff. “Well no shit.”

            Pat turns to Mitch. “Go get a water bottle. We need to start sobering him up.”

            I watch in awe as Mitch obeys Pat. “The one time I want to have a good time and you have to piss all over it!”

            Pat raises an eyebrow in amusement. I mumble under my breath how he’s a jackass before walking off outside. I hear Pat following me.

            “No need to follow me,” I say, stepping down the steps. “I’m a big boy. Enjoy the party.”

            “It’s okay,” he says. “The main reason I even went to these was to hook up with girls. I’m no longer doing that so I’m okay with missing the party.”

            “Great,” I sigh sarcastically. I sit down on a lawn stair, Pat sitting next to me. “You were more fun when you were sleeping around.”

            Pat chuckles, taking a drink out of his cup. “Yeah well, get use to this new me.”

            We sit in silence. The music from inside the house carries outside, along with the screams of people. Drunken people walk around the yard and a few couples leave to find a place to hook up. Maybe this is why I don’t usually attend parties.

            I pull out my cell phone and find Alison’s contact information. Maybe I should’ve deleted when she didn’t want me in her life, but I didn’t have the heart to. I hit the call button and put the phone to my ear.

            “Who are you calling?” Pat exclaims, trying to get the phone away from me.

            I push him away before standing. The phone rings a couple of times before I hear her voice. “Hello?” her soft, innocent voice asks on the other line. “Nate, why are you calling me at midnight?”

            “It’s that late? I had no idea,” I say, trying to keep Patrick from taking the phone away from me. “H-How are you doing?” I slur a little.

            She sighs. “Nate you’re drunk.”

            “No I’m not,” I snap back. “But if I am, excuse me for having a life.”

            Alison is silent on the other line. “What do you want Nate?”

            I think over what I want to say, but the thing is I’ve already said what I have wanted to and she still doesn’t want me in her life. “You know what,” I say softly, all the fight I had leaving my body. “Nothing. There’s nothing more I have to say. I’m sorry I called. It won’t happen again.” Before she can respond I hang up.

            Pat stopped trying to get the phone a moment ago and is just staring at me now. I have nothing to say. Calling her definitely sobered me up. I slip the phone back in my pocket before going back to sit on the chair.

            “What did happen with Alison?” Pat asks, coming to sit beside me once more.

            “I’m not drunk enough to answer that question,” I reply coolly. I’m no longer in the party mood. All I want is to go home now.       

            Mitch starts walking out of the house, water in hand. “So many people in there,” he breathes as he hands me the water, but before I can grab it Pat takes it.

            Instead Pat gives me the rest of his beer. “You need it more than I do,” he says before twisting the cap of the water bottle and chugging half of it.

__________

            I wake up with a groan. I vaguely remember getting home last night I was that exhausted by the end of the night. All we did after my phone call with Alison was sit in the backyard and talk.

            I called Alison, I thought immediately.

            I groan, pulling the pillow over my face. “Fuck me.”

            I don’t know how long I lay like this, but eventually I sat up and rub the sleep from my eyes. I get up from the bed and throw on the shirt. Out of the corner of my eyes I see my phone light up. I unplug it from the charger and look to see that Alison has texted and left a few missed calls asking if I’m alright and if I got home safely.

            Replying with a simple ‘I’m fine’; I throw my phone on my bed before heading downstairs. I eat a quick bowl of cereal before heading back upstairs. I shower and change before looking back at my phone.

            I’m glad you’re okay, Alison texts back.

            I need to get over her. She doesn’t want me.

            Her text goes without a reply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 606 18
A Shawn Mendes Fanfic (COMPLETED). Allison and Shawn are best friends. They are walking in the park one day when something tragic happens. Allison i...
621 48 50
[COMPLETED] Book one Sara, a girl Meets Boys, two And Has problems. she Wants To follow, dreams Her Emotion are, numb People Feel for, her But Can sh...
1.7M 112K 45
{Highest Ranking: #1 in Short Story} Liam Walker's life changes drastically when he watches his best friend Allison Parker get hit by a car. The inj...
19 14 7
Alisa's journey begins with a rocky start as her expulsion from school and academic struggles evoke a mix of disappointment and concern from her moth...