Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)

442 10 5
By lala_cutiepie273

Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette’s POV (Pic of Scar)

“Oh my gosh would you just quit it already,” I screamed.

“Why should I, huh? Just tell me why. Oh my I felt like I was about to burst into a Backstreet Boys song.”

“You should listen to me because I’m older. Also I always knew you were undecided.”

“First of all I’m the oldest. I’m a good two years older than you. Second of all how can all of this be gay.”

“I don’t know, the cute guys are always the one in the closet.”

“Oh so you’re finally admitting that your brother is handsome. It took sometime but you finally admitted it. How does it feel?”

“Really, that’s what you got out of what I said. I am so done with you, whatever.”

“I love you too sis, and despite what you tell yourself you love me.”

He’s right you know, but sometimes I wish I was an only child. Saphire is so lucky that she’s one. Anyways the immature conceited person I was talking to earlier is my “older” brother J’Quan. With the way he acts you’d believe he’s 5 or something. Right now I’m home. Man it’s been awhile since I was here. It’s crossed my mind a couple of times that I should stay a little longer or visit more often. I mean seriously I’ve only been here for a whole two weeks. Maybe if I did visit more often then I would’ve found out about my mom earlier. I mean I do call almost every day, but she wouldn’t have told me anyways. That’s just like her she’s going to put on a smile so we won’t worry, even when we have a right to.

 I wonder how Saphire and Gabriel are getting along though. That should be an interesting story for when I go back. Maybe I should break up with him; I only went with him to mess with Saphire. Besides she’s pretty much all we ever talk about. When we’re together he would try to smoothly slip in questions about her. It’s like he’s obsessed. I wonder if they’ve pissed each other off yet with their constant babbling.

I got up to walk around, looking at all the pictures of me, my mom, my brother, and my dad; one big happy family. Yeah right. My mom is in the hospital, my brother is way too immature, and I haven’t seen my dad in years, not that I really want to see him anyways. My mom won’t ever tell me what happen because she says its grown folks business. All I know is that one night I woke up to see my big bro filled with rage, my mom filled with tears, and my father was nowhere in sight. Sigh, why can’t I have a normal family? Oh yeah, because normal is boring.

“Hey sis, I’m about to go see mom. You want to come,” my brother asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Do you even have to ask? Of course I want to come see my mom, but can I drive on the way over?”

“Uh, no. We can’t afford to get me in a full- body cast and you in prison. Let’s go I’m driving.” What is that supposed to mean

As we walked out of the house I saw our neighbor Mrs. George. “Good afternoon Mrs. George,” I screamed loud enough for her to hear me from her garden.

“Hi dear, are you going to see your mother?”

 “Yes we are actually.”

“Ok can you hold on for one second?” She runs into her house and nearly falls. I cover my mouth to hide the smirk on my face. J’Quan is already starting the car by the time she came back out. Now she’s holding a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses.

“Give these to her would you? And let her know that she’s in my prayers.”

“Will do. And I’m sure she’ll love these.”

“Bye now and take care.”

I waved back and started heading towards the car. “Would it have killed you to be nice?”

“Actually, yes.”

 “Whatever. Hey bro, do you think mom will be ok?”

 “Of course she will. It’s mom. She always bounces back from everything.”

 “Yeah I know but it seems she’s getting worse. I mean have you seen her lately?”

  “Hey don’t look at it like that ok. All we can do now is hope and pray for the best right now. Alright?”

Still feeling a little uneasy I hugged my knees tightly and buried my head in them. Ugh, this sucks. Why does life have to be so complicated? I can’t even start to imagine what my life would be like without my mom. She’s the one who’s been there my entire life and basically thought me everything I know. My mom is my hero for countless reasons. I mean sure we argue a lot but she’s still my mom and who doesn’t argue with their mom. By the time I looked up from my knees we were at the hospital already. When I was getting out of the car I noticed that my big bro was crying.

“J’Quan, what’s wrong?”

“What if you’re right and mom doesn’t bounce back this time? What if she doesn’t pull through?”

“Well like you said all we can do is hope and pray. She’ll be ok.”

“You know what it’s whatever. Let’s go,” he said wiping away his tears.

Ok so maybe, just maybe bringing up the topic of our mom’s condition worsening to a Momma’s Boy wasn’t the best thing to do. Oh well that’s a problem for another day. I grabbed the flowers and jumped out of the car. When we reached to our mom’s room I saw J’Quan hesitated for a moment. I put my hand on his shoulder to let him know everything will be ok. See why I think I’m older.

“It’s going to be ok. We are going to walk into this room and pretend like she’s just getting a regular checkup.” He just nodded his head in response.

“Hi mommy these are for you,” I said happily.

“Awe baby, you guys shouldn’t have.”

“Well we didn’t. They’re from Ms. George and she said hi and that she’s praying for you,” J’Quan said as though he wanted he wanted to burst our mother’s bubble. Well it’s her fault she knows she got some cheap kids, she shouldn’t get her hopes up.

“Well, be sure to tell her thank you. And you know it wouldn’t kill you two to get you mom some flowers you know. I swear you guys are just like your father did I tell you he went all expensive for our first date and then took me Wendy’s for our second one. Using the recession as an excuse.”

This caused me and J’Quan to burst into laughter. Ok we knew our dad was stingy when it came to money but we didn’t know that he was that cheap. When I was finally able to stop laughing I told my mom, “First of all, when you thought it was us that got you the flowers you said that we shouldn’t have and as a matter of fact we are in a recession right now. Second of all daddy told us for your second date he took you out to a Japanese themed restaurant.” It was my mom’s turn to laugh. It took a while for her to stop.

“Ok, first of all I have to say touché my daughter. And second of all I didn’t know that Wendy’s sold Japanese food.” She started to laugh again after the last sentence. “So what’s been going on with you two lately,” my asked when the laughter cleared from her voice.

“Eh, nothing much,” I said.

“Yeah everything is pretty much the same as usual,” J’Quan added.

My mom started to laugh yet again she knew exactly what our “usual” is. It’s basically us getting on each other’s last nerves. Just then my phone began to ring.

Saphire Calling

Wonder what she wants. “Hello”

“Hey Scar, wadda do.”

“Nothing much I’m just at the hospital with my mom and bro.”

“Cool put me on speaker. I want to say hi to everyone.”

“Ok. Saphire you’re now on speaker.”

“Hi Mrs. Cepeda, I hope you’re feeling better.”

“Well I certainly am sweetheart. How are you,” my mom asked. Acting like she’s the sweetest person on Earth. Of course to Saphire she is, but behind closed doors she’s evil.

“I’m… good. I’m sorry I can’t be there right now.”

“Oh it’s alright baby.”

“So I’m guessing my sis and my mom are the only ones you want to talk to,” J’Quan asked jokingly.

“OH MY GOSH!!! Quanny, I didn’t know you were there. Well that’s a lie Scar just told me. What’s up?” She practically screamed down the whole damn hospital with her big mouth.

“I’m alright you know, everything’s pretty much the same. And what did I tell you about calling me Quanny?”

This had my mom and me cracking up. I remember when we were younger Saphire had this little crush on J’Quan and called him Quanny ever since. Sure the crush was gone but she still liked to annoy him with the name. I’m telling you right now my brother’s face was redder than a tomato. “I’m serious don’t call me Quanny anymore,” J’Quan said sternly. My mom and I knew he was just joking though.

“Awe, so you don’t want to be my Quanny anymore,” Saphire asked in a voice that could make anyone saw awe. And I bet her face matched her voice right now. And if possible J’Quan’s face got even redder. “Anyways I just called to say hi. Bye everyone. Bye Quanny”

“Bye Saphire,” I said then hung up. I turned to see a dumbfounded look on J’Quan’s face. It was just priceless.

“What’s wrong Quanny,” my mom teased. Ok, its official my brother just broke the World’s Record for the reddest on the face of the earth; it almost matched the shade of Saphire’s hair. I got a mirror and held it up to his face. “Look how red you are dude.” Probably realizing how ridiculous he looks he cooled down. Man I wish I had a camera. This was perfect blackmail material.

“Why are your friends so embarrassing? You sure know how to pick them,” J’Quan commented.

“Oh shut up Quanny.”

This caused my mom to burst into a full-on belly-laugh.  “Ok Scarlette as funny as that is let’s stop now,” my mom asked trying to stop laughing. When she stopped laughing she asked, “How’s college baby?”

“Oh its fine I guess. I’m passing all of my classes and I’m in a sport. So yeah I guess it’s alright.” This caused both my mom and my brother to look at me weirdly. Was it something I said? Maybe I had something in my teeth?

“The laziest person on Earth is in a sport. Oh dear God!! The world is going to end,” my brother exclaimed. Now my mom is holding her chest and hyperventilating.

“Mom are you ok,” I asked while rushing to her side.

“Oh honey I’m perfectly fine. It’s just God has finally answered my prayers. ”

“Oh whatever, you know you can’t do things like that. You scared me; getting me thinking that you were having a heart attack or something.”

“I’m sorry but you don’t I’ve been waiting for this day.”

Now it was my turn to start turning red. I am not that lazy ok. I can’t believe this. The room got quiet for a while and then everyone just started to laugh even me. It is kind of funny when you think of it though. When I was younger I told my mom that I was never EVER going to join a sport. Nowadays I find myself doing a lot of things I said I would never ever do. Never say never I guess.  I never taught that saying was true… until now.

My bro is telling my mom how his college days and what’s going on in his life. Since he already told me everything there is to know about his college life I went over to a chair and just started to blank out. I wasn’t really thinking about anything in particular. Correction: I wasn’t thinking about anything at all I was just sitting there.  I was interrupted from doing absolutely nothing when my mom called me.

“Yes mommy?”

“I’ve got something for you.”

“Oh really, what is it?”

“Remember when you were younger and you always wanted a pet?”

“Yeah.”

“Well here you go.” She reached into a box right next to her bed and pulled out a Yorkie puppy. When did that box get there? “Sorry it took so long baby girl. And J’Quan they were all out of dinosaurs at the pet shop,” my mom said while handing me the puppy. Omg she is so adorable. I’m going to call her Cream. Everyone back at college is going to love her. Hmm, she might have to stay with Saphire and the others until I make space for her over in my room. Oh well I’m sure they won’t mind. Then again Saphire might get too attached so I’ll just have my aunt send her down for when I’m ready.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Well that's part 1 for chapter 12. Sorry it took so long for me to upload. I promise the next one won't take so long. Also here’s a spoiler next chapter is with James. I’m pretty sure most of you knew that already though.  :) Please Comment and Vote.

-Love,

Lala_cutiepie273

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 71 39
Meera Desai. She believed in public affection. James Brenegan. He believed in private affection. She wanted a public display of affection while he w...
920K 51.1K 66
How very noble of you, Mr. Lockhart. I don't need your help. I can do just fine." I retorted. "I'm a lot of things, Victoria." Tyler said leaning aga...
12.5K 864 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...
17.9K 1.1K 6
Winner of First prize in Best Two/Three shot story in Abhigya awards 2018... Marriage is a sacred bond... What will happen to the lives of three peop...