Junoesque ✿George Weasley✿

By LuLuOnFire

Junoesque (adj) Beautiful and imposing, like the goddess Juno // #2 in georgeweasley 15.06.2019 #1 in georgew... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
Amaranthine

17.

47.2K 1.8K 1.9K
By LuLuOnFire

After Blair's joint detention with George, she laid out on her bed while playing with Jasper. Her detention hadn't been pleasant and Professor Flitwick stood over them the whole time, meaning they couldn't even talk. They just scrubbed at the marks on the tables, walls and floor in silence. Occasionally, he would ask Blair about her studies. Since he was head of Ravenclaw, he was naturally interested in his students' studies and momentarily forgot that he was supposed to be supervising detention. George had immediately complained about the favouritism as they walked back to their common rooms, to which Blair just listened to mindlessly. She was so used to his whining now that she was able to block it out, yet take in most of the relevant information at the same time.

Blair had sprouted a cat toy from her wand and was waving around the feathery end on her bed sheets, watching Jasper instinctively follow it around. While the feline played, Blair was deep in thought about her conversation today with George. They would be having their dancing lessons weekly now and she still wasn't positive that George was ever going to dance with her. Sure, she knew that he wasn't interested in Alicia. But Blair couldn't help but think about the fact that they had had that entire conversation today, yet he hadn't hinted to asking her to the ball.

Fred had already asked Angelina and Ginny had constantly asked Blair if George had asked her yet. She didn't want to be too optimistic, but she was sure George was going to ask her to the ball. She wanted to have a reason to enjoy Christmas this year. She wanted a reason to sneak out to Hogsmeade again and look for a dress. She wanted a reason to be girly for once in her life.

"Poppy?" Blair called out to the girl who was rummaging around in her trunk.

"Yeah?" she replied and Blair let Jasper finally catch the feathery end of her lengthened wand.

"Has anyone asked you to the ball yet?"

"I've had two fifth years ask. But I'm waiting on someone else," Poppy admitted with a bashful shrug. "Why? Has someone asked you?"

"No... I think I'm waiting on someone else too," she said truthfully as she watched Jasper roll around.

"Is it George?" Poppy asked with a growing smile. Blair didn't even try to deny it this time and nodded lightly, feeling defeated and disheartened.

"Well the ball was only just announced today. Maybe he's waiting for the right time," Poppy suggested.

"Hm... maybe."

"Well, if you're that keen-" Poppy started again. "-why don't you ask him first?"

Blair blinked as she looked away from her cat and stared back at Poppy with a blank face. There was nothing that said girls couldn't ask boys to the ball. It was only the silly tradition that the male had the responsibility to make a romantic scene where he would ask the female to be his date. Seeing as Fred asked Angelina through a visual dance in the Great Hall during study period, there didn't seem to be any formality with the process.

"Maybe I should."

---

Blair didn't even prepare herself to ask George to the ball. It just kind of slipped out while she was walking with him to Transfiguration. They had been talking about the various people they had seen ask others to be their date to the ball and winced at the many painful rejections they had seen. Blair didn't want the subject to change before she could ask, and it was obvious that George wasn't intending to ask her at that moment either.

"Will you go to the ball with me?" she blurted and George halted in his pursuit, making her do the same. They then stood in the empty corridor staring at each other with wide eyes and open mouths. Neither was expecting the outburst and Blair immediately regretted everything.

"I-I... Y-You..." George stuttered and Blair could feel her insides crumbling. Her heart was sinking into her stomach and she could feel her colour physically draining from her face. She hated Poppy for ever suggesting such a thing and wanted to take the whole thing back.

"I-I was supposed to ask you first!" George cried after his stutter fest and Blair's head shot up in surprise. George stood there now pointing a finger at her with his eyes still wide, looking internally conflicted and irritated.

"Y-You can't ask me!" he shouted. "I'm supposed to ask!"

"But you weren't-"

"I had a plan!" he cut her off and buried his fingers into his ginger locks, pulling at them roughly. "I had it all worked out!"

"Its fine, George-"

"No!" he cut her off once more. "Take it back! Right now!"

"Take it back?! I can't take it back, George!" she fought, not believing that she was having such a conversation.

"Yes you can! Take it back!" George then started walking again but with a much brisker pace. His long legs took him all the way to the end of the corridor and he turned around again, raising his finger to point at her. "No! J-Just... no! I have a plan!"

And Blair was left in the corridor, confused and in a way, relieved.

---

"So he's planning something?" Ginny repeated as she and Blair sat at dinner in the Great Hall.

"Apparently," Blair shrugged. "I'm a little scared actually. It's bound to be some firework show that'll draw everyone's attention."

"Rosier," she and Ginny looked up and saw Fred standing on the other side of the table. "Georgie told me to come get you."

"Oh no, what's he planning?" she asked as she stood, not ready to be stared at by the entirety of Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

"Just come, will you?" Fred rolled his eyes and Blair did as she was told, following after Fred towards the exit of the Great Hall.

Blair wasn't sure if Fred actually liked her or not. He was always so indifferent towards her, but she didn't blame him. He knew her as the one who made his brother a sulking mess for a day and ignored anyone who tried to speak to her. He acted like he only tolerated her because of George being friends with her, making it awkward whenever he would have to be alone with her.

"Fred... I know you don't really like me..." she started as Fred led her through the halls. "And I know I haven't been the nicest to you..."

"It's not that I don't like you, Rosier," Fred rolled his eyes once more before sighing loudly. "I just don't really trust you. I mean, can you blame me? You made my brother, the one who can take death as a joke, sad for a whole day because you didn't want him to get to know you.

At first, I thought you were a stuck up little Ravenclaw who had no intention of being nice to George. But then I saw you two in The Three Broomsticks and had second thoughts. He doesn't stop talking about you, you know?"

"So I've heard..." Blair muttered during Fred's small speech.

"Well you seem to somehow make him happy despite your constant gloominess. So I'll be civil with you until I know you're not just going to turn your back on George. He's sensitive, you know?" Fred looked down at her to check if he was listening, and was more than content to see she was immersed into his words. "So if you hurt him-"

"I won't," she butted in. "I promise. I just... need to get used to him."

"Right, well, now's your chance."

Fred stopped them from walking and gestured to the corridor in front, motioning for her to follow down it. He turned around and headed the other way without another word. Blair swallowed dryly and watched him leave, turning to the corridor he pointed to and seeing nothing out of the ordinary at the end. She wearingly walked the length of the corridor and peeked her head out at the end, looking both ways for any sign of George. She didn't spot the redhead, but she did see a familiar black feline making its way towards her.

"How did you get here?" she questioned pointlessly as Jasper spotted her and started speeding up to reach her. He started to weave through her legs while meowing loudly, making Blair reach down to scratch at his head. She then noticed the collar that wasn't usually around his neck and pulled the small tab that sat in the middle of it. She realised that it was a piece of parchment that had been folded up. She opened it up and read,

Follow me

Next to the words was George's classic picture of a cat smiling. Blair didn't have any time to coo at the picture as Jasper shot away from her and started running down the corridor on her right, leaving her to run after him in hopes of not losing her way.

"Wait Jasper!" she called after. "Slow down!"

Jasper turned the corridor and disappeared, knowing that Blair was hurrying after him. Because of the chase, Blair hadn't noticed that Fred had led her up to the clock tower. So when she turned the corner, she saw George standing in front of the large clock with Jasper in his arms. He was already smiling before she saw him but his grin grew the widest when she turned the corner, causing his eyes to disappear as Jasper snuggled against his shoulder. Nothing was behind him besides the clock that ticked and the night sky that had no moon, leading it to be dark besides the lit torches lining the walls of the corridor.

"He did everything I told him to do! You've got one smart kitty," George commented as he groomed Jasper's head, causing the cat to purr and mewl in pleasure.

"Well? Is this it then?" Blair asked and George nodded happily.

"Yep. Did you expect more?"

"Sort of. But I like this," she admitted and stepped forward, standing in front of him. "It's minimalistic."

"I was thinking of dyeing my hair black to really fit your aesthetic. But I thought that would be a bit excessive."

"Hm, maybe a little."

"So, Blair," he crouched down and let Jasper jump on to the floor before standing up straight, staring down into her eyes. "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"I'll think about it," she replied and his jaw dropped, giving her an 'are-you-kidding' look. "I'm joking. Yes, I will go to the ball with you."

George beamed once again like a child on Christmas and even held his arms out wide for a hug. Blair wasn't a hugger, but seeing how happy he looked and the fact that he was liked so much by Jasper, she made an exception. She stepped forward once more and wrapped her arms around his thin middle, letting her be enclosed by his long arms. She was tiny compared to him and fit perfectly into his chest. And she actually found herself feeling warm and safe in his arms. She didn't think she had ever experienced such a warm and affectionate hug before.

"You can wear black if you want to," he said into her ear, his head leaning against hers as he made them both sway lightly.

"It'll be a special occasion. Maybe I'll wear dark grey instead."

George chuckled and tightened his arms around Blair, feeling his insides melt at her small frame being against him. He could feel Jasper weaving between their legs while purring, rubbing himself against his two favourite people at Hogwarts. George was ecstatic that Blair accepted his offer, even though he knew she would considering she had asked him first. It was hard enough trying to do the riddle for the Ravenclaw common room, as it was especially harder this time around. It was even worse walking through the common room with a bunch of Ravenclaws staring at him with their mouths open, watching him click his tongue like he had heard Blair do and snatch up Jasper who padded down the stairs.

But it was worth it. Because he now had a date with the girl he adored the most in the entire world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 7.6K 46
𝐇𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝝾𝘂𝘁 𝝾𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝝾𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝝾𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗹 𝘄𝝾𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝝾𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝗶𝗺. 𝐇𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀...
17.3K 433 15
Y/N starts his first year at Hogwarts, his friend group's curiosity overpowers their reason, they try to uncover a secret being hidden within the cas...
4.8M 136K 110
Ethereal (adj) To be extremely delicate, not for this world // #1 in fredweasley 9.04.2019 #1 in remuslupin 9.04.2019 #2 in georgeweasley 9.04.2019 #...
1.2M 32.7K 70
☆ it all started with just a simple game night. but delilah wouldn't change a single thing. she loves him with everything she has, and he loves her...