90.

"Oh Merlin, Godric, Helga, Rowena and Salazaar."

"FREDERICK AND GEORGE WEASLEY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE THIS HOUSE! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?! YOU TWO WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME, I SWEAR ON MY LIFE!"

Fred had been able to take shelter behind Blair, but George hadn't been so lucky. When they stepped out of the field surrounding The Burrow, they believed that they might actually be greeted warmly by Molly. It was a cold day and the three were dying to collapse in front of the fireplace while being surrounded by the secure and safe walls of the Weasley home. They had been surprised that Molly hadn't rushed out the door as soon as they broke through the tall grass and were in sight of the windows and thought they actually had gotten away with leaving only a note on their departure. But then they dared to collapse on the sofa in the living room just as Molly appeared at the bottom of the staircase.

From then on, she blew up like one of Seamus Finnigan's many potions. Fred, George and Blair jumped up from the sofa after sinking into its cushions with a sigh, but tried to hold in their groans of having to stand once more. Molly had been able to grab hold of George, as he was closest to her, and laid her slaps and punches into his arm. She was near hysterical at the sight of Fred's bruised nose bridge but didn't let herself fall into tears. Instead, she let her anger out on her son's arm while Fred cowered behind Blair's small frame.

"M-Mum, please! We're sorry!" George hid his face in his arms. "We're back, though! Isn't that great?!"

"Where on earth did you go?! How dare you leave without telling me beforehand! The Order were furious!" Molly continued to yell but halted her assault on George's bicep. Her head whipped in Blair and Fred's direction, making Fred shrink further behind Blair's shoulders and the girl wince in fear.

"I-It was my decision, Molly. I wanted to search for things that belonged to my father. The boys wanted to come so I wouldn't be on my own. I know it was spontaneous and dangerous, but I knew what I was doing. Sort of," she trailed off and started fiddling with her fingers nervously. Molly's stare was intense and reminded Blair strongly of Ginny whenever Ron would open his mouth and say something idiotic. She certainly knew now where she had gotten it from.

"What was it you were searching for, then? It had better been worthwhile," the woman put her hands to her hips and narrowed her eyes at the three who huddled together. Blair reached into her backpack that she slipped off her shoulder and pulled out the photo album and the green notebook from one of its large pockets. She held out the green book for Molly to take and watched cautiously as the woman took it from her hands.

"This was your father's?" she questioned and Blair nodded.

Molly turned the book over and looked over the engravings on the front and back. She didn't open to the pages, just simply stared at the shining metallic that Blair had found fascinating. Blair glanced towards the twins beside her and saw they were eyeing their mother with the same look as her. She looked to be studying the engravings intently and letting her eyes follow the swirls that covered the forest green leather. It was as if she recognised the book from the way she ran her thumb over the black pattern.

"Are you absolutely sure this was your father's book?" Molly asked again. Blair's eyebrows pinched together in confusion and she suddenly doubted herself.

"We found it with his potion stuff in the loft of Blair's old house," George explained. This made Molly hum and she passed it back to Blair, her face thoughtful and full of purpose. Blair took it carefully from her and looked to George with a worried expression. Had she been the one to finally break Molly Weasley?

The Weasley mother turned away from the three and headed towards where they thought she kept all her cleaning supplies. The door was built into the side of the staircase and had a tiny golden door handle that Molly pulled open with a jiggle of the hinges. There was a rustle of things as her top half disappeared into the room and left her legs in the view of the three who were thoroughly confused. Fred and George had never somehow rummaged through that particular room, which was saying something. They spent most of their childhood hiding in rooms while waiting for their pranks to be set off by one of their poor siblings. They questioned why they had never thought to scope out the cupboard under the stairs.