100.

Blair was sure she was dead. She knew that the world around her was her subconscious filling the last part of awareness that flared in her brain. The place it had created was pure white with the illusion of a carriage surrounding her. It reminded her of one of the carriages on the Hogwarts Express and she sat on an opaque white bench with the large window to her left. But there was no farmland that she usually saw on the way to Hogwarts every year. There was only a void of whiteness that went on for eternity.

She had planned to sit on the bench in the train carriage for as long as her brain could keep up. She remembered everything that had happened before she had slipped into this world. The pain that had been in her abdomen and back had been replaced with a light, fluffy feeling. Her clothes were as good as new and she swore her hair had even been brushed. No one knew what the send off into the afterlife held, but she wasn't complaining. She was peaceful and there wasn't a lick of pain in her body. But there was regret. The regret of leaving George behind.

"Miss Rosier? What are you doing here?"

The voice made her perk up and look away from the window, turning to where the sliding door usually sat in the carriage. There was no glass or wood in this version of the Hogwarts Express, only a faint outline in the strong whiteness. Professor Dumbledore stared at her through his clear, blue eyes and dazzled Blair with his blue robes. His face was still aged and wrinkly, only there was a more awake sense to his features. Blair remembered during her time at Hogwarts that Dumbledore always looked old and weathered, but hurried around as if he wasn't over a hundred and fifty years old.

"Professor... what are you doing here?" she said back in the same confusion. She thought that this was her own transition to the afterlife. 

"I was actually on my way to greet Mr Potter," Dumbledore replied with his hands clasped together, turning to glance behind him down the train's corridor. "That was until I ran into you and Mr Weasley."

Blair's heart leaped at the name and the sight of Fred's head poking out from behind the white wall made her physically jump. He gave her a lopsided grin and shuffled past the Professor to enter the carriage, meeting her halfway as she jumped up from the bench. Blair threw her arms around his shoulders and squeezed herself against him, feeling his arms wrap around her waist and lift her off of the floor.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here," Fred said into her ear; his tone low and unlike his cheerful manner. She too felt the sadness inside of her at the idea of Fred being here, meaning that he had followed the same fate as her. She remembered that before she passed, George had said something about Fred and her. Something about her and Fred leaving him. He must have died moments before she had.

"Actually, you're both not supposed to be here," Dumbledore spoke up, making them pull away and turn to the man. He had moved into the carriage and sat down on the bench on the right side, looking up at them with his kind gaze yet with a hint of confusion.

"What do you mean, Professor? We died, didn't we?" Blair glanced back to Fred before turning back to the old wizard. "This is the in-between, isn't it?"

"You're correct, Miss Rosier. This is the in-between. However, this isn't where you belong. You could say that this isn't your time," he smiled at her. She and Fred had lowered on to the bench behind them and listened to the Professor in confusion.

"What's the in-between?" Fred questioned while creasing his eyebrows together.

"It's where those who are going through the process of passing on decide," Dumbledore explained as if talking to a first year Fred Weasley again. "Some say it is the subconscious using the last of its power before the brain dies. Some say it is the spiritual experience of going to a better place. Whatever you believe, it is correct. But it is where an important choice is made."