58.

Blair couldn't personally understand the agony that came with the use of a Blood Quill. She had sympathised with those who'd come to her asking for a new bottle of her potion, but she couldn't possibly imagine the pain they were in. Her first encounter with the Blood Quill was when she ventured to the Gryffindor common to find George clutching his hand and pretending that he was fine. She had been worried about him then, but now she let herself be selfish enough to feel sorry for herself instead.

The Great Hall had been cleared of its long tables and replaced with singular desks. They were lined up to face the front where Professor Umbridge stood with her teacup and saucer in her hands. She watched over the students who clenched their teeth together in attempts to smother their cries of pain. Her eyes twinkled in sinister joy as she saw her most hated students get what she thought they deserved. Her quills looked beautiful to her in action and she rolled in the anguish that she could see on the students' faces.

In the middle row to the far left, sat Blair with Poppy and Mina on either side of her. Professor Umbridge had been sure to separate her from any of the Gryffindors she was friends with. She had gone to slip into the seat in between Ginny and Fred, when the woman appeared next to her and said,

"Your seat is over there, Miss Rosier."

A deep grumble had erupted from Blair's chest as she tried to pierce the Professor with the daggers in her eyes. The woman smiled sweetly as she followed the girl to her respected table. She then made sure Harry was where she wanted him to be (she had a personal hatred for him) before taking her place at the front of the hall, looking and feeling like justice had been served on one of her kitten plates.

The etching feeling in Blair's skin was near unbearable. The urge to scream aloud was strong enough for her to use her bleeding hand to grip the table as she wrote 'I will not break rules'. Tears had been swimming in her eyes for ten minutes, several slipping out but being wiped away quickly by the sleeve of her school jumper. Not only was there the physical pain of words being scratched forcefully into her skin, there was the reality that Professor Umbridge now had full control over the school. With Professor Dumbledore gone and wanted for taking the blame of Dumbledore's Army, there was no telling what Umbridge would do.

Blair dared to look up from her parchment that had droplets of blood and sloppy hand writing on it's lines, and search the hall for the people she knew were suffering the same as her. The first years sobbed shamelessly to themselves and even some of the sixth years were on the verge of bawling from the agony. She spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione near the front where Umbridge stared down at them as the leaders of the illegal group. It wasn't hard to see that Harry was sending her the most hateful glare he could muster, while Ron had stopped writing from the dizziness that came with the anguish.

Towards the back of the room, where she had first chosen to sit, sat the last three Weasleys. George, Fred and Ginny were hunched over their desks so that Blair couldn't see their faces. Ginny's writing was still strong but her first was clenched with a small puddle of red gathering underneath it. Fred's writing was slow and his hand was barely moving, his head sagging with his fingers in his hair. George just so happened to look up at the moment Blair's eyes landed on him and he looked as if he was ready to say something. He bit his lip and opened his mouth, making Blair fear that he was delusional from the pain and forgot that if he were to speak, he'd surely have another punishment waiting for him after this one.

As if he read her mind, George thought better than to try and speak to her across the hall. He closed his mouth and pressed his lips together tightly, hoping to communicate through his eyes. He was asking if she was okay, to which Blair easily picked up on. For the sake both of their sanity, she nodded her head lightly before turning back to her parchment. She could feel his stare on her back but chose to get through the last ten minutes of the detention, making their reunion outside feel more rewarding.