27.

Students were ushered back to their respected dormitories. There were a lot of things that Professor Dumbledore and the Ministry of Magic needed to understand and discuss. Not only was there Cedric's body that needed to be moved from the public's eye, but there was the undercover Death Eater that had been inside the castle's walls since the start of the year. Professor Moody had really been Barty Crouch Jr.; a Death Eater who was presumed to be dead years ago.

The man had been the one to take Harry away from the scene of the third task and was found half way through saying the killing curse, his wand pointed directly at the terrified boy. The real Professor Moody had been found in a magical trunk in Crouch Jr.'s office. The man had been down there for months and was heavily malnourished and weak. The imposer had been taken by the Ministry and was said to be given the Dementors kiss, a fate worse than death.

Blair sat in the Ravenclaw common room with her other house mates. They were sent to their respected towers to an early night in bed but no one could shut their eyes. Everyone had seen Cedric's void-filled irises and couldn't get the image of his limp body out of their minds. Blair doubted she'd ever be able to sleep again after the event. She admitted that she wanted to stay with George when they were told to leave the stadium and head back into the castle, but had been whisked away by Nancy before she could leave with him.

Sitting on one of the vacant armchairs, Jasper curled up on Blair's lap as she mindlessly stroked down his back. The feline wasn't aware of the tense and dark atmosphere that hung over the entirety of the school and was slipping into a deep sleep on top of his owner's thighs. Blair was staring at the mantel piece above the fireplace, now dressed in a black jumper and some black leggings. She had immediately taken off the revealing clothes she had been wearing and grabbed her most comfortable pieces, wanting nothing more than to sink into the covers of her bed. But the constant image of Cedric's emotionless face made Blair surprisingly want to be around people. This wasn't a desire she ever felt often, but the need to have some sort of a distraction overpowered her instinct to be by herself for the night.

She jumped in her place when she felt a hand on her shoulder and whipped her head around, relaxing in the slightest when she saw Mina's glum face. The girl offered Blair a smile that anyone could see wasn't genuine but she couldn't bring herself to return one.

"Just wanted to let you know that George is outside asking for you," Mina said and Blair was thankful for the small jump that came from inside of her. The relief of having George here made the situation that little bit more bearable.

"Thanks," she replied and picked Jasper up into her arms. She stood up from the armchair and started making her way towards the hallway that leads to the door. Jasper squirmed for a moment in her arms but settled once he found he could sleep snuggled against her shoulder.

Opening the door, she spotted George staring straight at her with the invisibility cloak they had used in past in his hands. He stood with a prominent frown on his face but made sure to crack a lop-sided smile once she met eyes with him, giving her some reassurance regardless of the gloomy situation. He had had a better relationship with Cedric because of their parents being mutual friends and attending the Quidditch World Cup together at the start of the school year. It was surreal to think that the boy had been murdered by the returned Dark Lord.

"We're going down to see Harry in the hospital wing. Thought you'd like to come," George admitted while holding up the cloak that would allow them through the castle without being seen.

"Can I bring Jasper?" she questioned quietly and he nodded with a half amused and half solemn smile.

"Sure."

Blair slipped under the cloak and the two made their way down the spiral staircase. Jasper obediently stayed silent as they maneuvered past ghosts that whispered to each other about the obvious tragedy. Most of the ghosts probably wouldn't care that students were out of their dormitories, but it was better to go unseen with someone like Peeves flying around. If the trouble-maker was alerted, Mr Filch was sure to stay true to his aggressive and unkind nature once he found them.