69.

The turnout for the attack was less than the Order expected. However, You Know Who's best followers had been put up to it. When the Order arrived at Trafalgar Square, they found only four cloaked figures waiting to tear apart the stone statues and abolish the Muggles that went about on their night. Because of London being constantly buzzing with people, the streets were still packed at midnight on a Friday. Though this was fascinating for Arthur, who ogled at the Muggles that laughed among their groups and shouted at their friends from across the street, it meant there were more potential causalities.

Fenrir Greyback had been the first to attack. He had never been given a wand, as his crossbreeding was still against what You Know Who valued. But he still had the sharp claws and razor teeth that were built for tearing through flesh. He had lurched forward to rip the neck out of a passing drunk Muggle, only to have Tonks cast a knockback jinx towards him. The werewolf roared and landed next to his three comrades that seethed at the white mists that formed into Order members.

Blair teamed up with Arthur and fought against the Carrow siblings. Alecto and Amycus were blonde and had identical grins that held sinister intentions. The siblings were known for their vicious torture tactics and had pleaded for being under the Imperius curse during the first Wizarding war, but had returned immediately after hearing that their Dark Lord had returned. 

Non-verbal spells shot out of Blair's wand and put her and Arthur at an advantage. The blonde siblings couldn't send any of their tricks without first crying out the spells, giving the Order members time to prepare and cast the Protego charm. Arthur was thoroughly impressed by Blair's abilities and was proud to have her as his partner for the mission, as well as having his son involved with such a witch. He thought he would have to take the responsibility of helping the twins and Blair with their battles (not that he minded, of course). But he found that he might even need their help for his duels instead.

"How extraordinary!" Arthur exclaimed one of his most favourite words. Blair had shot what he had thought was a simple disarming spell towards Alecto, but was amazed to see the woman sail through the air and collide with the solid statue of Winston Churchill. Amycus sneered at the sight of his unconscious sister and turned to Blair, shooting a purple flash her way.

"Protego!" Arthur cried as he swiped his wand in front of his and Blair's body, allowing Blair to send a Confundos charm over his shoulder. Amycus landed next to his sister while giggling uncontrollably, the siblings out for the battle.

"We need to Obliviate the Muggles," Blair said to Arthur, but reluctant to leave the fight. Greyback and Dolohov were the only Death Eaters left conscious and were being taken care of by Remus and Tonks. This left the mass amounts of Muggles that were watching with gawking mouths. The appearances of whites mists and flashes of spells from wands had caught the attention of the entire street. The Muggle Police had also turned up and stood watching helplessly, their guns and tazers useless against the only rational explanation for the chaos; magic. 

"You do that, I'll gather up the Carrows and send them to the Ministry," Blair instructed the Weasley and he nodded enthusiastically, anxious to interact with the most interesting creatures he had ever heard of. He scurried off and called for attention, waving his wand about with a Weasley grin on his face.

"Look here, Muggles! Would you like to see a magnificent magic trick?!"

Blair rolled her eyes at his strategy and went to head for the Carrows, only to hear the thud of two bodies hitting the cement stairs nearby. Tonks and Remus had been blasted through the air by Greyback and Dolohov, the couple unconscious with wounds on their temples. George and Fred had been waiting to join in and stood in front of the two, holding up protective fields as the Death Eaters drew nearer. Arthur had been able to ward off the Muggles after Obliviating their memories and created a barrier around the area, keeping any of them from looking inside and somehow stumbling into the battle.