Junoesque ✿George Weasley✿

By LuLuOnFire

Junoesque (adj) Beautiful and imposing, like the goddess Juno // #2 in georgeweasley 15.06.2019 #1 in georgew... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
Amaranthine

14.

46.2K 1.7K 2.4K
By LuLuOnFire

Albus Dumbledore had called Professor Moody to his office one evening. The man hobbled his way into the grand office and let his magic eye swivel around at all the magical objects that lined the countless shelves and tables.

"You wanted to see me, Albus?" Moody questioned and placed both of his hands on top of his walking stick.

"Yes, Alastor," Dumbledore said, standing up from his chair and walking around his table to stand in front of it. "I just wanted to inform you that one of your students shall not be attending your classes anymore due to personal reasons."

"And what student is this, then?" Alastor asked, interested in the sudden change.

"Miss Rosier, in sixth year," Albus answered. "I shall be taking over her Defence Against the Dark Arts classes personally. I trust you understand why she chose to change?"

Alastor froze momentarily and thought that Albus had somehow figured out his visage. He of course knew of the name Rosier but didn't have the slightest clue as to what Albus was hinting towards. And because of his silence, Albus looked at him through his spectacles with raised eyebrows and was now partially suspicious.

"Oh yes of course," Alastor quickly spoke and nodded his head. "Can't blame the poor girl, I suppose."

"Yes, well just be sure to know that she won't be attending your class anymore," Albus nodded back.

Alastor took this as his queue to leave and walked out the office, inwardly breathing a sigh of relief at being out of the tense room. He hoped that he had covered himself well enough for Albus to drop his odd behaviour. And Albus presumed that the man was that mad that he maybe had some memory loss, but something didn't quite seem right about his old friend Alastor Moody.

---

Snow had fallen and blanketed the school grounds. The Durmstrangs weren't affected by the drop in temperature but the Beaxbatons were suffering with their thin silk uniforms. They could be seen immediately shivering once they exited their carriage and walked all the way up to the castle while shaking like leaves. But they refused to accept any other clothing to keep them warm. Apparently, a seventh year had offered his Hogwarts robe to a Beauxbatons girl and she simply stuck her nose up and walked away while trying to not show her shivering.

Blair loved snow and took pride in looking bundled up and warm. She wore her Ravenclaw scarf and gloves while walking down to the Great Hall, marvelling at the countless Christmas trees that lined the walls. Hogwarts always did it's best to be festive for those who couldn't go home for Christmas and Blair appreciated it every year.

She walked into the Great Hall and headed instinctively towards the Gryffindor table. No one even looked her way anymore and she had been accepted as a mutual friend to the Gryffindor house. She spotted Fred and George sitting with Angelina and smiled lightly at the ones that turned and waved to her. She went to slip into the space next to Ginny but was stopped by the ginger putting her legs up on to the bench.

"Sorry, I'm saving this for a friend," Ginny said. "There's a spot up next to George though."

Blair narrowed her eyes down at her before moving up towards George and taking the space next to him instead. Ginny turned back to her breakfast with a pride-filled smile on her face and Blair knew what she was trying to do. Her and Fred had spent most of their time using every opportunity to get George and Blair next to each other. They thought that they were basically itching to snog at every opportunity but it was the lack of alone time that was stopping them. But that wasn't the case and the two Weasleys didn't seem to grasp that idea.

"Mum's sent some dress for Ron," George filled her in as soon as she sat down and pointed to where Ron was standing. She turned to see that he was indeed holding up a horridly old-fashioned robe that favoured the worst shades of brown and red.

"Ginny, these must be for you," Ron said and the girl looked up, pulling a face of disgust.

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly," she replied and Hermione could be heard giggling.

"What?" Ron questioned, thoroughly confused and humiliated.

"They're not for Ginny," Hermione said through her laughs. "They're for you!"

The group around Blair burst out into laughter with Fred and George's laughs being the loudest. Blair put her hand to her mouth and forced herself to hide the laugh that was building up in her throat, allowing only a giggle to ring out. Ron's face went bright red at the stares he was getting and glared lightly at Hermione.

"Dress robes!" she cried as she laughed along.

"Dress robes?!" Ron repeated. "For what?"

---

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception," Professor McGonagall announced.

The Great Hall had once again been rearranged in order to create a large space in the middle of the hall. The benches had been pushed to the side and were occupied by girls on one side and the boys on the other. Everyone was confused by the gender separation and the fact that only fourth years and above had been called to the sudden assembly. It was also an odd sight to see Professor McGonagall standing in front of a large record player.

"It is a time to, as one would say, 'let our hair down'," McGonagall pinched her lips together at the saying and Blair held back a laugh at the sight of the proper woman saying such a phrase. "Dress robes shall be worn and it shall begin at eight o'clock on Christmas Eve night. You are representing our school as young ladies and men because the Yule Ball is first, and foremost, a dance."

The girl's side of the hall erupted into a buzz of giggles and chatter of excitement. Blair's ear was immediately blasted by Hermione on one side talking to her and Mina on the other doing the same. Blair had never been to anything like a ball before and didn't see what the big deal was. She had never even worn a dress before and she was bound to have to wear something other than her black jumper and black jeans. She might even have to wear something that isn't black.

"A ball! How exciting!" Hermione cheered into Blair's ear. "I've always wanted to go to a Wizarding ball!"

"I can't wait to go shopping for a dress!" Mina said afterwards. "Blair, can I pick out your dress? I refuse to let you wear black!"

Unlike the girl's side, the boys all groaned and shrunk in their seats. Nothing like this had ever happened at Hogwarts and they had been grateful for it. Most of the fourth and fifth years hadn't even gotten into the phase of liking girls and having their attention on anything other than Quidditch and trick sweets.

"Silence!" McGonagall called and both sides of the hall shut their mouths. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"

"Try say that five times fast," George mused into Fred's ear.

"Babbling, bumbling band of baboons," Fred started.

"Babbling, bumbling-"

"Babbling, bumbling band-"

Blair resisted the urge to face palm as she heard the two twins messing around as they stood against the wall behind the bench. If the mention of taking the name of their own house and 'besmirching' it wasn't enough for the twins to behave, there was no way they were going to take the ball seriously. Blair wasn't sure if she'd even want to go to this ball, but she secretly was hoping that George would step up and maybe ask her to go with him. But that was a long shot in her eyes.

"Now, inside every girl," McGonagall motioned to the girl's side of the hall. "a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight."

"Something's about to burst out of Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan," Ron whispered to Seamus next to him and the two held back their laughs as they stared at the poor girl who had horrific acne and frizzy hair.

"And inside every man, there is a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, would you join me, please?" McGonagall held back her smirk as she walked towards Ron and held out her hand.

Ron grumbled loudly and Harry and Seamus made sure to push him out of his seat and into McGonagall's waiting hands. The Professor pulled Ron up to the middle of the hall and made a ripple of giggles erupt not only from the boys side but the girls side as well. Fred and George were having the time of their lives as they watched their younger brother dance with Professor McGonagall and laughed until their faces turned red.

"Now, put your hand on my waist," McGonagall instructed.

"Where?!" Ron thought he heard incorrectly.

"My waist, Mr Weasley."

A loud wolf whistle came from Fred as Ron attempted to send him the bird, only to have McGonagall grab his hand and place it on her waist. The giggles continued as the music played from the record player and Ron swayed with Professor McGonagall in the waltz. Blair glanced towards Fred and George and saw that they were swaying along with the music to mock poor Ron.

"Everyone on your feet! Choose a dance partner!" McGonagall cried and the girls immediately stood up, waiting for the boys to do the same.

Blair hung back as the boys eventually got to their feet and started pairing up with girls to practice the waltz. She saw Hermione head for Dean Thomas and Mina head for a seventh year Hufflepuff, leaving Blair by herself on the bench.

"Go on, mate!" Fred pushed George in Blair's direction. "Sweep Rosier off her feet!"

George took a deep breath and left Fred who headed towards Angelina. He saw Blair waiting for someone to come over and he made a b-line towards her, brushing past already dancing pairs. Blair even looked up and saw that he was heading in her direction, making her stand up and try to hide the wide smile that was fighting its way on to her face. But just as George was a few paces from being in front of Blair, Harry suddenly appeared in between them.

"Uh hey Blair..." Harry said and fought to keep eye contact with her. "I-I was wondering if you'd want to be partners?"

Blair tried not to appear too disappointed and glanced at George who stood behind Harry. The boy looked almost angry to have someone stand in his way but didn't say anything. He reared around on his heel and went up to Alicia Spinnet, who was standing awkwardly while waiting for someone to come ask her to dance. He didn't plan to become so irritated but the sight of Blair dancing with someone other than him made him immediately ask Alicia to be his partner instead. She practically jumped at the opportunity when George appeared in front of her and she put one of her hands on his shoulder and the other in his waiting arm.

"Sure..." Blair replied with sagging shoulders and Harry smiled gratefully at her.

Harry took hold of Blair's waist with a shaking hand and started to watch his feet as they stepped to the beat of the orchestra coming from the record player. Blair wouldn't have accepted anyone else's dance if it wasn't Harry who had stepped in. She still felt bad for him for being entered into the Triwizard tournament and the sight of his arm in a temporary sling and the stitches across his cheek , made her feel like he deserved someone to practice with. Besides, they would have to change partners throughout the lesson anyway, so she was bound to get a chance with George.

"H-How's the clue coming along for the next task?" Blair decided to ask in order to clear the awkward air.

"I haven't really looked into it, if I'm honest," Harry answered with a shrug. "I've got ages. Shouldn't be too hard."

"Right," Blair nodded and felt her foot make contact with something that wasn't the floor. "I'm sorry!"

"That's okay," Harry cracked a smile. "I'm not that brilliant at this either."

"Who do you think you'll go with? To the ball, I mean," Blair asked out of interest.

"I-I'm not too sure," Harry admitted. "I do have someone in mind but... I think she likes someone else. I doubt I'll have much of a chance."

"Who is it? Do I know her?"

"You might do. She's in Ravencalw," Harry said. "Cho Chang?"

"Oh really? She's really nice," she nodded and offered Harry a supportive smile. "There's no hurt in asking. She's quite understanding. A good Seeker too."

"Thanks, Blair," Harry replied gratefully. "Do you think you'll go with George?"

Blair thought about Harry's question and looked over to where George was, seeing him swaying with Alicia Spinnet. The two seemed to be laughing at something and danced as if they had done all of this before. Blair suddenly doubted the idea of George asking her to dance even for practice, none the less for the ball. She bit her lip and felt jealousy bubble up inside of her at the sight of Alicia's pretty smile and George's laugh, forcing her to look away and see Harry's concerned look.

"I-I'm not sure now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 290 26
"Stay! Don't go, please." He faced me with water filled eyes and I cupped his cheek with my hand. He lowered his head onto mine and for a split secon...
1.2M 32.7K 70
☆ it all started with just a simple game night. but delilah wouldn't change a single thing. she loves him with everything she has, and he loves her...
782K 27.7K 51
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ 𝗧ʜᴇʏ ᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴏᴡ ꜱʜᴇ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ. ʜᴇ...
225K 8.4K 49
❝You are the most aggravating person that I've ever met in my entire life!❞ ❝Bloody hell! How many times are you gonna say that?❞ In which she aligns...