Shall We Ever Fall In Love? ✔

By Rinka_Chetri

[COMPLETED ✔] **Featured in the official account of AmbassadorsIN Reading List** Jiyasha Mehta, a final year... More

"I am now a WATTPAD CREATOR"
Shall We Ever Fall In Love? ✔
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 50 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 51 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 52 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 60 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63 (Blockbuster)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Final Chapter
Fan Arts

Chapter 66

1.8K 144 43
By Rinka_Chetri

A/N: Before you read this chapter, please let me clarify something because of the new concept I've introduced in my story.

Have you ever been to any remotest village of India? There are thousands of tribal clans and communities where many unique rituals out of our imagination are still followed. Women are given higher positions in matrilineal societies and men do gamble illegally.

I haven't used any particular name for any community since a few things are from my imagination too. I only want to portray certain realities through my story and nothing else.

Chapter 66

Jiyasha was sitting in her room analysing the situations before her when her phone rang. Avyan was ringing her from New York and she answered it, "Hello Avyan."

"What is this, Jiyasha? You didn't even feel it's important to inform me that you've reached home safely," Avyan was scolding her over the phone.

Jiyasha had really forgotten to give Avyan a call after reaching home. The strange problems around her were enough to deviate her mind. "I am sorry Avyan. I was very tired so I couldn't inform you. I thought you might be busy back there when I am going to sleep here."

"I know very well it's night there in India and it's a day over here. But you should have at least given me a reminder and that's it."

"Avyan, are you inheriting my characteristics in you? You seem to get angry every now and then."

"Might be. You have changed me for the better. I can at least handle situations better than before."

"Are you feeling good now, Avyan?"

"You are not supposed to ask me this after giving me goosebumps for the whole day. I was extremely worried. Is everything alright there?"

"Yes."

"Your voice seems low. Is anything wrong over there? Isn't Aditi at home with you? You told me that she was staying in the village these days."

"Everything is fine here, Avyan. Aditi is here at home and I am a bit tired so my voice is low. I will be alright by tomorrow morning. You don't need to worry that much." JIyasha grew little louder in her voice.

Avyan was irked by her behaviour. "I don't think you want to talk to me now. It's better that you go to sleep. Good night, my love and take care of yourself."

"Yes. I love you," Jiyasha said giddily and the call was hung up.

**** 

The next day was more worrisome for Jiyasha when she came face to face with Ankit and Kriti at the breakfast table. Ankit glared at Jiyasha with rage in his eyes as she continued chewing quietly.

"What have you thought about your promise that you gave to our mom?" Kriti directed her question towards Jiyasha.

Jiyasha pursed her lips for she knew she hadn't any answer to the question. Jiyasha hadn't yet pondered over her decision and continued gazing at her food.

Ankit picked up the glass of milk from the table and brought it to his lips. "What are you expecting from this litter, Kriti?"

"What else can I expect, brother? I just want my mother to be fit and fine."

"Our mother's well being comes with a promise and you know that very well." Ankit reminded her.

Kriti simply nodded and Jiyasha shifted her chair to leave the table. Ankit held her wrist tightly and pulled her closer to her. "People ask me to call you as my sister but I don't think you are capable of that at all. You are only a litter and burden to our family," Ankit taunted Jiyasha looking at Aditi's pale face.

"Ankit, you are hurting her," Aditi shouted seeing how Ankit was twisting Jiyasha's arm.

JIyasha uttered impromptly, "Bro, I will take my decision very soon and I will prove that I am capable to be your sister. Please give me some more time."

Ankit yelled, "You were already given a four years' time. How much more do you need? Are you waiting to see my mother dying because of you?"

Jiyasha nodded her head in negation. Aditi frowned her forehead seeing Jiyasha's saddened face. She wondered, "I don't see the old angry Jiyasha in her anymore. She is not the one who will let Ankit go without answering her. He is hurting her and she is not even fighting back in her defence."

Ankit pushed Jiyasha towards the side of the table and left the room angrily. Kriti quietly followed him as she did not have the courage to go against her brother. Aditi came forward and held Jiyasha by her shoulders. "What has happened to you? You were not like this who wouldn't even answer anybody who hurts her physically. For what have I taught you those skills, Jiyasha?"

Jiyasha seemed unmindful and replied, "I am completely changed, Aditi. Avyan has changed me for good. I have understood anger is not the solution to everything. Today I am in this dilemma of taking a decision just because of this anger only."

Aditi took a step backward and thought to herself, "If things continue like this, the problems will never be solved any day. Jiyasha is remaining calm and behaving like a fool. I am afraid of her life and well-being. If she can't keep her promise or take the decision, her life can also be in danger. I must do something."

***** 
For the next couple of days, Aditi remained a witness to the tortures and taunts of Ankit towards Jiyasha. Even the gambler friends of Ankit left no stone unturned to tease and taunt Jiyasha. Jiyasha remained silent most of the time as her mind was preoccupied with the worries of her promise as well as of the thalassaemic children. Jiyasha was not even responding properly to the phone calls of Avyan and continued ignoring him with her short replies. The doubts of something being wrong was arising in Avyan's mind but Jiyasha refused to even let him know about it.

It was becoming very difficult for Aditi to tolerate everything and she knew even her father-in-law wouldn't be able to help her. Everyone was bound by only thing, that savage promise!

One fine morning, Aditi secretly entered Jiyasha's room when the latter was taking her shower. Aditi took the chance and stole her mobile. She noted Avyan's phone number and left the room before Jiyasha saw her.

Later in the day, when Aditi was sitting in her cabin at the disctrict court, she dialed Avyan's number. She was determined to speak to him before things worsened more for them.

"Hello Aditi."

"How do you know that it is I who is calling you?"

"If you remember, we were already in contact earlier so your number is still saved in my phone. But how did you find my New York's number?"

"I got it from JIyasha's cellphone. How are you by the way?"

"Am I supposed to answer this? How can I be without Jiyasha? Just spending my lonely days without her."

"Then get ready to spend days with her. I really need your help."

"I had guessed there is something very wrong there but now your phone call confirmed it."

Aditi agreed and narrated everything to him. Avyan listened to every bit of the story quietly and said, "Now I know what is hurting my Jiyasha so much. Your family should know that she is not alone anymore but they need to face her husband before doing anything to her. But why didn't she tell me anything?"

"She will break down but not share about her pains to anyone. Even after the news of your pretended death, she didn't tell me about your letter or her sufferings. I thought she was satisfied after punishing you and your death hadn't affected her. Similarly in this case too, she doesn't want to involve you because she knows that you will rush to India in a hurry leaving your recovering grandmother there."

"I understood and I will call you again when I have planned something. Give me some time and please take care of her till I reach you."

Their call disconnected and Aditi sighed in relief. She was sure that Avyan would definitely find a way out for them.

***** 

Jiyasha was lying on her bed at night. She was feeling uneasy for not being able to find any way out as well as she was unable to share her worries with Avyan. She was only waiting for the number of days until Avyan was ready to return to India forever.

She checked her mobile for a number of times. Avyan hadn't called her even for once that day and she was growing impatient. "I know I have been behaving oddly with him since the day I have come here. But I eagerly wait to at least hear his voice for once in a day. His soothing voice makes my day but I don't know what has happened to him today. Is he angry on me?"

Jiyasha gave him a call herself that night. Avyan received it after multiple rings. "Jiyasha, I am busy right now. I will talk to you later," he said and disconnected the call.

Jiyasha got worried for him. "He said that he is busy! He will never tell me such a thing any day. Is he really busy but where? He doesn't have anything to be done at New York at the moment because he'll be shifting to India soon. Or is it Emily taking her chance on him?"

Random thoughts continued disturbing Jiyasha's mind. She was growing scared of many things and fell asleep very late that night.

***** 

The following day, Ankit was sitting outside his house along with his friends and were busy chattering when Jiyasha was leaving for the Home. Ankit's friends noticed the quiet Jiyasha and were surprised too. They had never seen Jiyasha as such earlier ever.

One of Ankit's friends kicked him and asked, "When will you marry off your beautiful sister?"

"At first, I'm trying to finalize Kriti's marriage because she is the elder one. Later on, I'll do for the litter in my house. After all, I have to take her responsibility even if I don't want," Ankit scoffed with his eyes fixed on Jiyasha. 

"Why not select a husband for her now? You will be relieved of your future responsibility," an another friend put forward his proposal.

One of his friends blocked Jiyasha's way and uttered with his evil eyes fixed on her,"Why not we bet to win her this time?"

At this, Ankit stood up from his place and said, "Betting girls is completely against our rules and we can't do that. This is wrong. We'll have to allow every girl to choose her own husband. Girls are placed on a higher pedestal since ages in the particular clan of our village."

One of Ankit's friends pushed him backwards and took large strides towards Jiyasha. Leaning closer to her, he uttered, "Nobody will bet for her. It is finalised, she will be mine."

Jiyasha sniffed at him, kicking him hard. "You are not supposed to decide my life's destiny. Just move out of my way."

Two more friends approached to their friend's help, who was kneeling on his limbs because of the kick. They grasped Jiyasha by her arms in a second. "You will be his and it's final," they said unanimously, gripping her arms tighter than before.

Before Jiyasha could use her own defensive shots to protect herself, she was already pulled out of the crisis in a trance. Her mouth widened and breath hitched when she saw the face of her saviour.

"Avyan..." she muttered inaudibly under her breath.

Avyan grabbed the two men by the neck, keeping Jiyasha protected at his arm's length. "Please boys, first learn to behave properly with girls and then start claiming them as your wives," Avyan spoke politely which surprised Jiyasha more.

"Who the hell are you? You seem to be like those foreigners who generally comes to our village to gamble and spend money lavishly. You are nobody to order us, bloody b*stard!" one of them warned Avyan rudely.

Avyan ignored them and glared at Ankit in the eyes. "What kind of a brother are you? Your sister is being dishonored before you and you've kept your mouth sealed?"

Both the boys raised their hands in the air to capture Avyan's neck but the latter was quick enough to smash both their heads together. He uttered angrily, "One of them is already down on his knees because of the kick of a girl. What will happen to you if you get kicked in your but*s by a man? Will you mind leaving quietly or are you still getting ready to get your a*s screwed by a bloody b*stard like me?"
Avyan's eyes were on fire as he knew his girl was being humiliated and he was her only support at the moment.

Avyan fisted forming a punch but useless enough, since the devils had already taken their exit. The fierce personality of Avyan was capable enough to tell them that they were not meant to meet his standards at all.

Avyan rotated his eyes at Jiyasha one more time and analyzed her scared face. He then headed over towards Ankit and squeezed his shoulder as hard as he could. Avyan needed to shove his anger down on somebody and Ankit was the best option.

Ankit quivered under Avyan's strong grip and muttered, "Who are you?"

Avyan let out a powerful smirk. "I'm your wife's client and my case is going on in the court. I am supposed to stay here with my brother until my case is solved."

"What is your name and what kind of a case? Aditi has not told me about it," Ankit asked, still struggling under Avyan's grip.

"If you don't know me, I'm a billionaire with multiple crores. My name is Avyan Saxena and I'm one of the hottest gamblers in the towns of India. I've money laundering case under my name but that's nothing new for me. I am used to it."

Jiyasha's eyes were broadened upon hearing Avyan's stories. She was not understanding head or tale of it.

Avyan added, "Your wife has invited me to stay in your house for a time period. See, I don't understand anything of those cases since I'm a 'thumb impression' guy. I capture big dealers in clubs and pull money from them. I'm basically a gambler turned 'goon' if the correct word is. I owe no interest in learning what those stupid books contain."

Ankit frowned in confusion and spoke when Avyan loosened his hold on him,"You wait here until I go and confirm from my wife."

Avyan nodded slyly and when Ankit left, he turned to face a stunned Jiyasha!

To be continued...

***Please vote, comment and share***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 96.1K 48
"Jojo, I love you" she said "Tara, you are just 15" I said "No!! until I will turn 18, you will find someone else" she said "No, I won't" I said wit...
1.1M 49.4K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
591K 37.5K 35
(#1 Unwanted Series) ||Arranged Marriage Romance|| "Open it." She said in her commanding tone, as my hand made towards her 𝒌𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒅 to ope...
191K 6.6K 22
Multibillionaire Randhir Singh Shekhawat is a man of his words. He is genius and hardworking businessman. He had a few girlfriends but those were jus...