Cute Monster

By uFiona

Cliché The thing that Jodie Black hate the most are clichés. She prefers jumping out the window, from the te... More

Cute Monster ♥
Prologue ~ ♥
1; ♡ I Got Him, But He Simply Ran Away
2; ♡ Sorry, Apology Isn't Accepted.
3; ♡ Hello There, Kitty cat.
4; ♡ Running Under The Sun? Hell No
5; ♡ Warning! Cliche On The Way.
6; ♡ Reality Will Eat You Alive.
7; ♡ Any Last Words?
8; ♡ After Fight.
9; ♡ Faking & Breaking.
10; ♡ It Is Not As Romantic As It May Seem.
11; ♡ Hide & Seek.
12; ♡ We can never agree on something.
13; ♡ Get Off Me!
14; ♡ Jealousy!
15; ♡ A Zombie Shakespeare?!
16; ♡ And She Strikes Like a Thunder Storm.
17; ♡ My Pants Are On Fire!
18; ♡ Tick Tock!
19; ♡ That Is Called Kidnapping!
20; ♡ He Started It, And I Didn't Get It.
21; ♡ A Blushing Monster, Seriously?
22; ♡ Run! Police! Run
23; ♡ A Pervert + Monster = What?!
24; ♡ Kiss or Kill.
25; ♡ He Needs a Nickname!
26; ♡ The Deal.
27; ♡ I Mess it up Every time.
28; ♡ 'Slut' is My New Name.
29; ♡ Girls are Gonna be Girls Obviously.
30; ♡ How to Avoid Kids for Dummies.
31; ♡ Wow, Thank You Mr. Brother.
32; ♡ Searching for that Stupid Brother.
33; ♡ The Secret Party.
34; ♡ A Reason Why I Should Never Drink Again.
35; ♡ Bathroom Game
36; ♡ Bad News or Good News?
37; ♡ Flashback [1]
38; ♡ Flashback [2]
40; ♡ Rooftop Kiss
41; ♡ Accepting Reality
42; ♡ Face It.
43; ♡ Caught in the Trap.
44; ♡ Talking.
45; ♡ Let's Sneak Out.
46; ♡ Back to Where it all Began.
Epilogue ♥
Cuties

39; ♡ Rooftop Talk

8.6K 442 94
By uFiona

       I Updated yesterday but this is my way of saying i'm sorry for always taking too much time to update ♥

                                                  Unedited. 

                                                 ○         ○          ○

                         Chapter Thirty-Nine; Rooftop Talk

 I looked at the stars silently as Anna kept screaming near me. Her hands were fisted, her face was bright red, and her hair was really messy from how many times she ran her hands through it.

“It’s not fair!” She shouted. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“I can’t help it, okay?” Maybe sensing the annoyance in my voice, she started staring at me quietly. I raised my eyebrow at her. “Is there something wrong with my face?”

It had been hours since Colin called me, and since then I had sneaked  to the rooftop – even though we were forbidden from doing so – and sat there silently. Anna found me here, and got really angry when I told her I was going to go back tomorrow.

I didn’t mean to be mean to her, but the words were just coming out. And the word ‘sorry’ didn’t seem like it would get out of my mouth any time soon.

“Did something happen?”

“Why?”

“You are being mean.” She pouted. I rolled my eyes.

“I was always mean.” She shook her head.

“You are meaner than usual. Did something happen?” Anna didn’t know about my family’s problems. She just knew that my mom died and my father married someone else. Other than that, I never told her anything else.

Because I hated talking about it.

“You even took my secret bottle that I kept under my bed after the party.” At her words, my eyes went to the half-empty bottle beside me. I didn’t know if I was drunk or not, but I felt odd.

I didn’t answer her, not because I didn’t want to, but because I couldn’t. It felt like it would take a lot of power for me to move my mouth.

“Geez! You are acting so weird! I will bring someone who will knock you in the head.” She stood up angrily, and glared at me before turning around and leaving.

“Please do.” I whispered these words, even though she already left.

I was acting like a kid.

My head rested on the wall beside me. It was too hard for me to even move it away.

I was really drunk.

If the teachers found out about me, they would kill me.

I felt a chuckle growing inside of me to the point I couldn’t handle just hiding it.

“Have you lost your mind?” I looked to my left, where Anna just left, and found a tall guy that I really didn’t want to see right now. I frowned at him.

“What?” He walked toward me.

“Nothing.” He whispered that as he sighed and sat near me. I knew the ground was dirty, and I wanted to stand up, but I had no power.

Alcohol was playing with my body.

“No you idiot.” I shook my head drunkly.“I wanted to ask, what are you doing here?” He opened in his mouth in an ‘O’ shape, and nodded.

“I was walking nearby, and Anna ran into me, saying that if I didn’t come you would die or something.” That did seem like something Anna would do.

“Die? I’m perfectly fine.” He snickered.

“Have you looked at yourself yet? Sure, you aren’t dying, but you look like you are going to cry. And Yes, that is something big when it comes to you.” I rolled my eyes hardly.

“Yeah, yeah. Continue thinking that I’m Super Woman.” My voice was stern, but I was neither angry nor sad.

I was just bored.

“Are you kidding? You? Super woman? Oh, Please.” I saw him chuckling quietly from the corner of my eyes.

I frowned. “What?” I looked at him. He had an awkward smile on his mouth. It might be that he didn’t mean to say it out loud, or that he voiced his thoughts wrongly.

“It’s just you are too… Jodie, to be a Super Woman.” His words were too confusing, but it seemed like he understood it perfectly.

What was he talking about?

I shrugged that off, and leaned back to the wall behind me, closing my eyes. I was really tired, and I felt that if I opened my mouth, I would say something stupid because of how drunk I was.

I was drunk yet I did understand everything, but I didn’t have the control or the power of anything in my body right now.

I just wanted to sleep.

If only everything can be calm like this…

“Is everything fine?” I heard Adam’s voice, bringing me back to reality.

“What makes you ask that?” I asked drunkly. My voice was really weak, and it felt like I was forcing it out.

“You seem… really weird.” I chuckled.

“Weird?”

He paused. “Yeah.”

We fell silent.

Maybe neither of us knew what to say, or didn’t feel like saying anything.

“I’m going back tomorrow to my house.” I blurted out, my eyes still closed. Unlike before, my mouth was moving easier.

It was as if my body wanted me to tell him.

I only heard Adam’s breaths as a confirmation that he was still sitting near me. “I have a problem with my family. Actually, a big problem. A stupid step mom that went into an accident. I hate her, I really hate her, yet I don’t want to be the villain here. “ I was rambling, talking really fast that I felt my tongue would fall off. I tried to stop myself countless of times from saying anything more, but I couldn’t, and with that, I was spitting everything out. One after another as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

I want to get drunk like this every day.

It was easier.

For some reason, I didn’t mind telling Adam anything. He didn’t seem like the person who would tell anyone, if anything I can imagine him, leaning on the wall with me, closing his eyes while hearing my story.

This continued on till I had nothing to say to him.

I’m really stupid.

Really, really stupid.

Why did I have to open my mouth?

“When my dad died…,” Adam began, making me open my eyes slowly. “My mom was really sad. She stopped eating, sleeping or even talking to any of us. We were lost without a mom or a dad. My brother was just getting into high school and my sister was still a baby. I had a weak body back then, and I used to cry a lot.” I was surprised that he was telling me something. I knew my eyes were wide open as I looked at him. He was looking at me this whole time with mysterious eyes.

The night was silent, there was no other voice echoing around us other than ours and the wind’s. It sent chills through my body for some reason.

We were whispering, but it sounded really loud, making me feel as if I was floating.

Maybe I was drunker than I thought.

I continued listening to Adam. “I wanted to become stronger,” When he noticed how I was looking at him, he averted his eyes away from me. I saw a light blush building up on his cheeks. “I wanted to protect my family in place of my dad, so I went to the gym every day, stopped crying, looked at everyone in the eyes and stood up for my family just like I wanted. But before I knew it, I became the ‘monster’.” He chuckled at the end. He didn’t look happy at all, there was a sad smile on his face.

He hated how people judged him as if they knew him.

“I hated that a lot at first,” You still hate it. “But then I started thinking that if this was the price I had to give so I can protect my mom and everyone else, I didn’t care.” His eyes were so soft to the point they didn’t look real. The moonlight made his hazel eyes look like it was blending with green, merging together and gleaming.

They looked like rare gems. They were too shiny that I had to look away from them.

“A hero in disguise.” I didn’t mean to say it out loud, but Adam heard it.

“What?”

“You’re like a hero. Your words, your actions and even your words are like any other heroes’ words.” He didn’t say anything, so I continued. “I find it funny, you know why?”

He paused a little, then said weakly. “Why?” I could feel his gaze on me. I glanced at him. We were so close, closer than before. To the point I can feel his breaths on my cheek.

“Because, I think you are the weirdest hero ever.” I chuckled. “You’re more like a good monster, no, maybe… A cute monster?” At this point I was talking to myself.

“Cute monster?” Adam sounded confused and surprised at the same time.

I wasn’t being Jodie.

“Yup.” Our foreheads bumped into each other. “Because a hero wouldn’t blush so furiously at something like this.” At my words, Adam’s cheeks turned completely red.  From how much he was blushing, he was making me blush. “Stop blushing.” Our foreheads were still so close.

“You are blushing too.”

“It’s because I’m drunk.”

He paused. Even though we were fighting right now, our expressions didn’t change. We were only looking at each other’s eyes.

“Even your words?”

“What?”

“Are you words just fake? Are you going to change your mind tomorrow or after tomorrow?” I was surprised at how he was frowning. He pulled back, his eyes were pained.

I sighed. “Are you an idiot?” His frown deepened.

“What-”

“I’m Jodie, I wouldn’t let a stupid drink control me.” I almost shouted these words. For a moment, I felt really stupid for saying something like that.

Yeah, that stupid drink was completely controlling me.

His expression returned to blank, and he opened his mouth. “Can I kiss you?” 

                                    ○         ○          ○

                    Next Chapter's Title: Rooftop Kiss

Dedicated to: JustCrazyLike Thanks for reading and commenting ♥♥♥ That means a lot to me ♥ 

 [There will be a little surprise in the next chapter ♥ ]

 Twitter: @uuFiona / Fiona [ follow me ;3] 

Vote . Comment . Enjoy

xxx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 15.3K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...
53.5K 1.2K 10
*Discontinued, due to the extreme embarrassment it has become. * "I don't date jerks." I glared at him. He chuckled and pulled me into his arms "The...
225 27 14
*I'm using real people in the story. except for the antagonist. I don't want to hurt feelings. (and maybe my mom's name will be changed cause its kin...
66.9K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...