Murder She Wrote

By fxckrauhl

A couples' good deed turns into something they have a hard time getting out of. A sadistic stranger takes ove... More

1. Veronica
2. Inconvenience
3. Lunch date
4. I Watch You
5. "Shit! Fuck! Shit!"
6. Temptation
7. Till Next Time
8. Lady in Red
9. Do You Wanna Get Out of Here?
10. Calls After Calls
11. You're Sick
12. Power
13. Research
14. Yoga & Tension
15. Lets Play It Safe
17. I, too, Am Lifeless
18. I Know What You Did
19. The Snitch
20. I Spy
21. Greater Damage
22. The Truth
23. The Truth Pt 2
Part 2: Smooth Sailing
25. Fear
26. Past Relations
27. Picture Perfect
28. It's Over
29. Impulsive Liar
30. Sick and Tired
31. You're fired
32. Divorce
33. Heavy Evidence
34. Leave While You Can
35. You're A Monster
36. The Intruder
37. Locked In
38. Sorry I Can't Help You
39. Then Shoot Me
40. Murder She Wrote
41. I'll Find You

16. She's not crazy, You are!

260 16 3
By fxckrauhl

I arrived to the police station with the papers in my hands. Once I parked the car, I bolted through the doors and directly showed myself to the check in desk. The same lady I've seen the first time I've come here was sitting there. The last time, she gave me an attitude refusing to assist me. I don't know what's with police officers and hostile attitude and useless help but I'm at my last nerves and I have no time to sit around and let someone else waste my time.

"It's you again.." she said in a monotone and rolled her eyes. "What do you need this time?"

"Listen. I'm sick and tired of being mistreated around here while I have a real problem on my hands." I said impatiently. "I need to speak with the same office as before." I told her gripping to the papers in my hands tightly. "And tell him it's urgent."

"I'm afraid he's on his break." She said paying to the computer screen in front of her rather than me.

"Fine, give me access to the chief of this fucked up department so I can tell him the half ass job that's being run around here." I raised my voice. She looked up at me angrily.

"Sir, yelling isn't going to solve nor give you a fast service. So I would like for you to sit down and wait till you're helped like everyone else." She raised her voice even higher.

"You know what, fuck you! I've-"

"Michael.." I was interrupted midway. I turned around to see the officer I was demanding for standing behind me with a coffee in his hand. Feeling embarrassed, I collected myself and calmed my nerves. Soon enough I apologized to the lady for my sudden outburst even though she deserved it.

Mr. Lance, was written on his name tag and badge and I addressed him as so. The last time we talked, I've told him about my recent situation with Veronica, leaving the small details out regarding the affair. But I have told him the constant cellphone calls, the harassment and the assumption of the food poisoning that happened to Sierra a few days back. He didn't really make a big deal out of it and didn't see a harm within the situation. The least he told me was to keep my distance away from her and the police will handle the situation instead. He also told me to block her number, which I have but clearly none of those things helped at all because she popped up back into my house again. The complaint letter he made me sign was for nothing and right now I feel like this situation isn't being taken seriously and quite frankly I'm angry.

"You showed up again. But more hostile this time." He said taking a sip of the coffee.

"Well I'm back with the same situation but this time I'm hoping something will be done about it since you failed to do your job the first time." I spat. I presented the papers to him, slapping it on his hand.

He looked down at it and raised an eyebrow, "what's this?"

"The situation just got bigger. Maybe we can take this to your office." I insisted. He let out a sigh and led me down to the hallway.

He closed the door behind us and told me to take a seat. I sat down on the only chair that was in front of his desk. He set the papers down and rolled up his sleeves, preparing to get his clipboard and pen out.

"I thought I told you to rest this thing out." He said taking a seat in front of me.

"She showed up to my house again. She keeps harassing me and I don't know how much more I can take." I spoke.

"Michael..you seem like an honest guy. But I don't want my time wasted as much as you do." He said folding his hands. He looked at me steadily. "We visited this woman at her house with your complaint. My partner and I had a brief conversation with her, she was nice and well spoken. She wasn't out of her head at all and didn't seem harmful."

"Because she's deceiving! She does that to hide the fact that she's crazy!" I chuckled out.

"We even ran her files and it's clean. Nothing we should be concerned about." He said. He's completely ignoring me words. I was fighting every urge not to jump across this table and punch him.

"Did she ever mention to you that the house she lives under isn't even hers?"

He looked at me confusingly, "how is that relevant in any way?"

I scattered the papers I printed out from the other day. The paper showed the same records of the company who owned the house and the false name it was leased under. I handed him the first paper with the entire document on it and another one which had a background of the person who's name she was using to live in the house.

"There's a lot of stuff on this." He said carefully examining the papers. "Would you care to elaborate?"

"This is the address of her house. But look at the lease name. Do you see a Veronica anywhere on the list?" I said pointing to the paper. "No but you do see the name Brooke don't you." I continued not even giving him the chance to respond back.

"This doesn't say anything. Okay her house isn't under her name? So what?" He said rolling his eyes.

"So what?! Who is Brooke should be the question. I've called the company yesterday to clarify the address and name, they gave me the number to the house phone.." he looked at me with a confused look still. For a cop, he's bad at putting two and two together. Jesus how slow can someone be?

"You've somehow managed to do all of this on your free time?" He responded.

"That's not the point. She's using false identity to maintain that house. If her house is fake then who knows what else might be fake. Her name might not even be Veronica for all we know."

"The house could be under the name of a relative or something. This isn't nothing surprising or concerning. People co-sign on things all the time and sometimes one name appears on the leasing rather than both. So whoever this Brooke person is, they could simply be related to Veronica." He said placing his empty clipboard down and handing the papers back to me. He's literally putting this information past his shoulders and not even getting the point to what I'm telling him. Yes, people co-sign on things but isn't it suspicious how Veronica's relative or family hasn't once popped up into the picture, the girl herself doesn't even like mentioning family at all. Aside from her "half brother," a normal person would've mentioned a thing or two about their parents at least.

"I'm sorry officer but that's hard to believe. Her relatives are barely mentioned by her." I said.

"Michael..wasting your time with crap like this isn't going to help you one bit. Look at yourself. You're paranoid!" He laughed. "You're spending half of your time doing background checks on someone and making up assumptions about their personal life." He said.

"Her brother picked up when I called the house how do you explain that?"

"Jesus Christ, look this isn't evidence. This right here," he waved the papers in the air, "This is spying.  You want your distance then keep it away from her. Trouble only sparks when you it give a reason to do so. She's not the crazy one, you are."

I shook my head in place and kept my hands to myself. "Spying? You call this spying? Okay a stranger randomly happens to stand at a shop so close to your house and you happen to drive by. A stranger shows up again to your house after the first stay you offered. A stranger calls you directly from your work phone a second after she saw you and you never even gave her your work or phone number at all. A stranger shows up to you and your wife's anniversary party without an invite at all. A stranger then continues to call from your number over a hundred times when you decide to cut her off.."

"I get the point.." he said.

"No I don't think you do officer!" I yelled. "A stranger harasses and forcefully kisses you in her house and blackmails you when you try to walk out! A stranger fucking comes and cooks in your kitchen and happens to know the exact thing your wife is allergic to and causes an allergic reaction to your pregnant wife! Then a stranger comes over for dinner and refuses to leave you alone because she says it's not a choice..." once I came to an end I found myself heaving up and down from anger. My palms were sweating and my nails left deep marks into my palm after forming my hands into a fists so tightly. I snatched the papers from him and stood from my seat. I took out a card from my pocket and slammed it on his desk.

"When you actually want to be serious and make that badge of yours useful, call me. In the meantime, you decide who's crazy or not." I showed myself out the door without looking back and slammed the door as hard as I could.

—————
And I oop-

i know the chapters are getting shorter but bare with me.shit about to get juicy I promise.

VOTE OR COMMENT 👆🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 951 24
{Completed ✔︎} Ariana is a nurse who thought she knew what she was getting herself into. Turns out she didn't know who her patient was until it was A...
Stalked By Destiny

Mystery / Thriller

866K 29.2K 47
What would you do if a couple weird texts turned your life for the worst? Ariana had everything she ever wanted until it was all ripped away from her...
The Last Resort By Raj M

Mystery / Thriller

20 0 4
When you have the one thing that could revive a bereaved man in distress, compassion becomes second nature. But what if your empathy puts the love of...
822 82 39
A teacher goes on an unexpected murder rampage, but can u blame her?