SHE

By EtiolatedGirl79

Rue Scarce is a woman who earned the best position one could find in the Mafia-- the Lady of the family. Orph... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1: The Lady and The Lord
Chapter 2: Confidence on a Role
Chapter 3: Stranger in White
Chapter 4: Destruction not an Expression
Chapter 5: Fare Thee Well
Chapter 6: Midnight and Twilight
Chapter 7: Speechless
Chapter 8: A Hand of Conciliation
Chapter 9: First Aim
Chapter 10: Her Hidden Cruelty
Chapter 11: Resolute Resolve
Chapter 12: Her Hidden Desire
Chapter 13: R-A-S-S-N-E
Chapter 14: Successful Bargain
Chapter 15: Pleasantries
Chapter 16: Pathetic Wonders
Chapter 17: Promise and Conflict
Chapter 18: Annoyance in Amusement
Chapter 19: Hostility in Family
Chapter 20: Survival is the Core
Chapter 21: The First Step
Chapter 22: Insolence
Chapter 23: Forgetting the Real Name
Chapter 24: Illegal Auction
Chapter 25: Cold and Terrifying
Chapter 27: Angel of Darkness
Chapter 28: His Undeniable Obsession
Chapter 29: Naïve World
Chapter 30: Sleep
Chapter 31: Most Comfortable Night
Chapter 32: Unfathomable
Chapter 33: Flesh and Blood
Chapter 34: Elusive Mind
Chapter 35: Her Name
Chapter 36: Dangerous Beast
Chapter 37: Her Endless Thoughts
Chapter 38: Her Bethrotal
Chapter 39: Nauseated
Chapter 40: Strings of Sanity
Chapter 41: Possessive Psycho
Chapter 42: Mere Fiction
Chapter 43: Hard to Trust
Chapter 44: Restrained Troubles
Chapter 45: The Decision
Chapter 46: Fear, Love, & Betrayal
Chapter 47: Bullets
Chapter 48: The Right Hands
Chapter 49: Omertà
Chapter 50: Abstract
Chapter 51: Hot and Cold
Chapter 52: Her Walls
Chapter 53: Puzzled Feelings
Chapter 54: The Past to Nightmares
Chapter 55: Reversed
Chapter 56: Ironic Life
Chapter 57: Noticeable Things
Chapter 58: Servant-Master
Chapter 59: What Her Eyes Beheld
Chapter 60: First Step on Trust
Chapter 61: Names for a Change
Chapter 62: Unexpected Word
Chapter 63: Heads Down
Chapter 64: Scar's Complexity
Chapter 65: Her Incarceration
Chapter 66: Her First Struggle
Chapter 67: Her First Blood
Chapter 68: Diurnal Moments
Chapter 69: Behind Her Eyes
Chapter 70: His and Her Sides
Chapter 71: Authority over Emotion
Chapter 72: His Dominion and Her
Chapter 73: What is He to Her
Chapter 74: Connection through Realization
Chapter 75: Her Lifelong Friend
Chapter 76: Sweet and Sour
Chapter 77: Attacks on Play
Chapter 78: The Cat and the Mouse

Chapter 26: Emotions are Personal

97 6 0
By EtiolatedGirl79

Rue Scarce

Another whip, another lash. I made sure to torture the kid in so much pain he wouldn't stand even for a good three seconds.

His screams were intolerable, I pushed a dirt rag into his mouth to suppress them. Two days has passed and Brad Lithe's body is full of wounds and blood flowing endlessly. I made him drain before stitching them back again and closing the wounds. The next day I would hurt him again so bad but just right for me to clean them again.

When I finished cleaning his wounds and bandaging them, the door opened and in came Williams.

"Rue, I brought you breakfast."

"I'll be up there." I say, watching Brad's pale and unconscious face.

I made my way up the stairs and closed the door behind me. I followed Williams to the kitchen and sat by the counter. I began eating the food he brought, looking at my phone in the process.

"May I ask, if it isn't personal, what relationship do you have with Brad Lithe? You too seem to know each other." I heard Williams ask.

"It isn't personal if it makes you feel better. It's work, and personal reasons shouldn't meddle in work."

I shut my phone off and looked at my companion straight in the eyes to see him looking puzzled and curious as ever. My lips quirked up a bit at the sight but it disappeared the moment it came.

"Years ago when I was your age, I was assigned to work on James Lithe, his older brother. I was ordered to kill him and so I came into his life. We were a couple and for a year, James decided to marry me. Brad and I were close and so are their parents so they approved of me without even blowing my cover."

I paused and placed my fingers on the tip of the glass filled with milk.

"The night before the wedding, I killed him. I chopped his body into pieces and left them to rot on our bed. Brad saw me, but work is work. He wasn't my target and so I didn't lay a hand on him. He was still a child and I was careless that I didn't notice he was by the door."

I glanced at Williams to see that he was intently listening, like he was dying for stories from me in a long time.

"He was heartbroken that he used women as a way to yell out his anger and frustration. You can probably say it was me that triggered his hatred. Sheer's client is the sister of one of the girls he tortured and abused until she was placed in a mental institution. "

I eyed him in seriousness, not even noticing the fact that he was sweating by the way I looked at him.

"If by chance you get to have your own job, remember to place your emotions where they belong. Emotions will be the last thing an assassin will need."

▫❇▫

"Here." I tossed a saw towards Williams, making him look at me in question.

"Do what you want with him. I will have a word with Sheer in a moment." I answered, pulling my phone out and heading up the stairs.

I closed the door behind me and sat by the couch whilst dialing her phone number.

"So? What's next? It's been three days." I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"My client said to make him beg while you take a video. Make him apologize for what he did. And then you better dispose of him by the morning."

"Understood. I'll make sure of it."

I ended the call. I made my way down the basement and saw the blood dripping wet by Brad Lithe's chopped fingers by his left hand. I raised an eyebrow at my underling as I watch the prisoner cry in pain.

"You are a sadist after all." I mumbled.

I haven't been feeding this man for two whole days. His skin was pale and dark at the same time. His hair was disheveled, and he was gritting his teeth like mad. He was far from the spoilt brat who lives off his parents' money.

I had already set a camera since yesterday that sat perfectly angled towards his face. I am sure it had caught the scenes where this kid was practically screaming in pain.

"L-let m-me g-go... Wh-where a-am I-I... I-i w-want t-to g-go h-ome... M-my b-brother's-s wa-waiting f-for m-me-e..."

He has totally lost his mind.

"It hurts... It h-hurts..."

"Rue... Don't you think this is enough?" Williams asked me, hesitance was evident in his voice.

I didn't answer but instead, I cut the ropes tied against his limbs, making him fall on his knees in a limp. His body is practically numb, he has endured an extreme amount of torture coming from me and I can bet he can't even think properly.

With a gloved hand, I pulled on his sticky hair to make him face the camera with dead eyes.

"Apologize. For all you did... Now." I ordered, whispering against his ear.

"I-I'm s-sorry...."

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." He kept muttering.

Like it was the only thing that comes into his mind.

"Beg for your life. Like those people who did to you." I placed my free hand across his jaw and gripped it tight enough to make him wince.

"P-please... H-help m-me..."

"Louder." I squeezed my grip on his hair and jaw tighter to make him squeak.

"Please..." He said, louder this time.

"Kill me... Please..." He was now begging me.

But when I looked into his eyes, they were filled with hopelessness and suffering. You can already say he's dead on the inside and is just a living puppet now.

"Good." I say, holding a dagger and brushing the point of the blade against his ragged clothes down to his dirty pants.

I pushed down his pants and boxers, leaving him bare in my eyes as I placed my sharp edged weapon near his manhood just above his balls.

"M-master... Isn't that going too far?" I heard Williams's voice ring to my ears but I didn't look back to see his expression.

"The client asked for a torture. No matter what gender nor what the target means to you, you mustn't lose focus." The moment I said those words, I clenched my teeth and moved the blade in hand like I was slicing a piece of meat before cooking.

Screams erupted from the body in front of me. The body of someone I just chopped off his own dignity, the only thing that keeps him sane until now.

It hurts doesn't it?

Hell is a place of torture and suffering, but it doesn't mean there isn't one in actual life. Once you had encountered it, there is no going back.

I heard the cut off flesh plopping down the cemented ground like the sound of victuals. I hear the flow of blood pouring out of his fresh injury and down the cold floor.

I took a clean cloth and took Brad's cut part of his sensitive area from the floor, ignoring the blood that is staining through the material.

"Williams, would you clean him up? Remember not to leave any trace and stitch him up cleanly. You're a man, you should know how it works." I say, not bothering to discern the look of my student's horrified expression.

Third Person's POV

The white haired woman suddenly raised her lips into a smile, a smile so dark that anyone may know screams danger.

"Did you like the gift I gave you?" She asked through the phone, sitting cross legged on the couch.

On the other line of the call, the short black haired woman stared at the package laid out in front of her.

"You didn't kill the kid just yet haven't you?" She asked, tapping her nails against her armrest.

"Not quite. He's just a living doll now, Sheer."

"Good. I saw the video you sent. It was hilarious really. I watched my client's reaction and damn she turned white. Rue, you sure know how to live up your name because as soon as she looked at the whole video, I bet it scarred the woman for life." The black haired woman rambled on, laughing at her own memories.

"Make sure to give me the amount you promised. The budget is getting low for me nowadays and more so since I took Williams in."

"Sure, I'm an honest bitch when it comes to money. You know what to do with the body, anyway my client wanted you to wrap it up now. Think she's had enough of the roleplay and is finally over satisfied with the outcome." She say, waiting for the other to reply.

"I'll take care of it. I'll see you by tonight at your place."

"I'm free anytime."

Rue ended the call without another word and looked at the time. It is already past twelve in the morning, just in time for them to finish the job.

She went back down the basement and saw the whole place in a better state than before.

Her student, Conner Williams, was leaning on the wall with his head down and his mind clouded in thoughts.

She analyzed his body posture, his agitated breathing and his erratic heart beats. It was far different from normal and she knows he is once again in a stage of shock because of what she performed in front of him.

She will not apologize nor regret what she did at the scene she unfolded before him, because he needs to know what it is to be an assassin.

"It is your lucky day, Brad. The day you will finally see your brother again." She blurt the words in front of her prisoner who did not move an inch.

She did tolerate the fact that the seventeen year old boy in front of her cannot hear nor understand a word she just said as he stared straight past her.

She turned her body towards her student who was still bothered by his thoughts. Knowing this, she grabbed a long bladed knife just atop the table and tossed it towards his leaning figure.

He caught it in one hand, his body reacting purely on reflex as he stared at the material in confusion as if he didn't know how it came to his hand.

"You know what to do. Finish this kid's misery so we can finally end this." Rue spoke in a neutral tone, waiting for the young man to react.

It took a good few minutes before he made a move to walk towards the wounded and barely breathing body in the middle of the room.

He was slowly walking in his own pace, recollecting his own thoughts in the way. When he finally stood in front of him, he gripped the handle in his hand. He was confused and puzzled at what he was doing but his body said otherwise.

He wanted to do this in the first place without even admitting it to himself. He raised the weapon in the air to his side, ready to move at any moment. He was still filled with disturbing thoughts that when he finally caught himself, he moved.

He moved his arm holding the blade that was stretched out in the open and slid it swiftly towards the other direction. Directly slitting the prisoner's neck sideways through the trachea, cutting his windpipe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.4K 7.4K 66
Sequel to The Cunning * What's more dangerous, someone who has nothing to lose? Or someone who stands to lose everything? A lot can happen in three...
511K 13.4K 45
Morana, a thirteen year old assassin, a legend. She was born in France and raised by the French mafia. She gets sent to kill a Cortello brother, she...
57.4K 1.3K 45
21 year old Victoria Moretti, is an assassin. She is an independent woman that doesn't rely on a man to do anything. She thinks they are a waste of t...
142K 2.4K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...