Danger Line(Date A Live X Mal...

By Storyteller-Maverick

Our Protagonist believes he's living a normal life with his friends while attending Raizen High School. But... More

Ch.1 I'm a what?!
Ch.2 Princess
Ch.3 Overwatch
Ch.4 Hermit
Ch.5 Frosty Dilema
Ch.6 The Hot Springs Adventure
Ch.7 Nightmare
Ch.8 Double Date
Ch.9 Challenge
Ch.10 My way of things
Ch.11 Ifrit
Ch.12 Countdown
Ch.13 Countdown Pt.2
Ch.14 The Spirit "Warlock"
Ch.15 Self-Destruct (Season 1 Finale)
Special:Christmas
Ch.16 I'm a Spirit(Season 2 Premiere)
A/N:Season 3
Ch.17 Twin Hurricanes
Ch.18 Choose Her,Not Me.
Ch.19 Dual Fates Pt.1
Ch.20 Dual Fates Pt.2
Ch.21 Diva
Ch.22 It's a Trap!
Ch.23 Festival Time
Ch.24 Sore Loser
Ch.25 Taken
Ch.26 Desire
Ch.27 Prep on DEM
Ch.28 Assault on DEM
Ch.29 Tohka's Despair
Ch.30 Warlock's Downfall (Season 2 Finale)
Bonus:A Date with a Super Genius
Bonus: A Date with Nightmare
Ch.31 The Wicked Witch (Season 3 Premiere)
Ch.33 True Form
Ch.34 Natsumi
Ch 35 Drive
Ch.36 Void
Ch.37 Out of Time
Ch.38 The New World
Ch.39 Origami Tobiichi
Ch.40 Ordinary Love (Season 3 Finale)

Ch.32 Guess Who

5.6K 150 29
By Storyteller-Maverick

Shido: This is crazy....

Y/N: Yeah but right now we need to devise a strategy. We can infer that Natsumi is currently impersonating one of the thirteen people in these pictures. The note had no rules or time limit on how you find her out. I'm pretty sure she didn't forget to put that in.

Shido: Well, that's good to know.

Y/N: Still, don't get complacent. There's probably no time limit because she will begin to take them one-by-one until no one remains. I asked Kotori to stay away from command for the time being.

Shido: So what should I do?

Y/N: There's only one way. Listen, I can do Origami and Miku. Shido, you'll be handling the Yamai twins, Tohka, Yoshino, Ms. Tammie, Tonomachi, Kotori, and the Trio. I'll handle the others and give the info.

Shido: Okay.....

Y/N gave Shido most of the people since he's the one who ultimately has to decide. With people like Origami and Miku however, Y/N knows that he'll only get the best observation out of these two if it's himself.

Y/N: Remember, Natsumi is a master impersonator, you'll have to be diligent in your observation. Any slight deviation in their behavior, speech, anything. You got this, alright?

Shido nodded giving Y/N a determined face as the boy smiled and patted Shido's shoulder.

Shido: Well at least I know you can't be Natsumi.

Y/N: Hehe, what makes you say that?

Shido: Well.....I guess I can because we've known each other for so long. I don't care if Natsumi can impersonate the Spirits. There's some people she could never truly impersonate if she tried.

Y/N smiled before waving and leaving the room.

.........

I had Reine set up the date for Miku and I. Unfortunately, a day has passed and Yuzuru was taken. Kaguya was devastated so Yoshino and Tohka are watching over her. I met up with Miku at the amusement park as we dressed up in costumes while we were there since Halloween was right around the corner. To be honest this costume made me feel like someone from Phantom of the Opera, or Tuxedo Mask, or Joker. I feel like I should be hopping on people's shoulders and telling them that I'll reveal their true form. Miku also wanted no one to get in the way of our date since being an idol means you get recognized.

Female 1: Wow! It's Kanon Tsukishima and Seig from Valkyrie Misty!

Female 2: In the rare masks from episode six when they saved Misty!

Female 1: Can we please take your picture?!

Miku: Of course you can!

Miku got in front of the cameras and made several poses as they snapped away before looking over to me.

Miku: C'mon! You, too, Darling!

Y/N: I suppose....

Reine quickly described the pose that this Sieg character does so I did and the girls started fangirling.

Female 1: There it is! The signature pose of our lovely Seig!

Once they finished they thanked us but one of them kept staring at Miku.

Female 2: Hey, you seem familiar....

This was no time for them to qustion so I scooped Miku up into a bridal style hold and took off.

Miku: Darling you're so daring~

Once I felt we were in the clear, I let Miku down and we enjoyed our date. Once we were done, the sun was on its way down.

Miku: You got something going on don't you?

Y/N:?

Miku looked at me and smiled.

Miku: Oh please, I can tell from your face. But, thanks for letting me have a good time.

Miku approached me and wrapped her arms around.

Miku: When everything is cleared up, take me out sometime okay?

I broke the hug and stared into Miku's eyes.

Y/N: Okay, I promise.

Miku stared for another moment or so before smiling and nodding.

Miku: Okay. I'll await when you do, Darling.

.......

Shido sat on the couch after a hot bath as his friend Y/N leapt from behind the couch onto the couch and handed Shido a drink.

Y/N: So, any luck with the other five people today? Anything out of the ordinary?

Shido: Nothing in particular. Ms. Okamine and the others didn't seem off. Kaguya seemed okay too. What about Miku?

Y/N: It can't be her. I personally don't think Natsumi is as skilled as we think she is. Miku has an.....interesting personality to say the least.

Shido: Yeah I expected that. It's hard.... I want to get it right quickly, but I don't want anyone to be Natsumi either.

Y/N: Well that's a given. Anyways it's almost twelve, you need to give an answer.

Shido: Yeah. But even if I wanted to give an answer, what am I supposed to do?

Y/N: I'm sure Natsumi is watching somewhere.

"Right on the money!"

The space above the two boys became slightly distorted as Natsumi's angel manifested showing a flat round panel as the image showed Natsumi smirking.

Shido: Y/N!

Shido got up and ran in front of Y/N.

Shido: Natsumi!

Natsumi: Hi there Shido!

Shido: What's this even about, Natsumi?! I never asked for this. Just bring Yuzuru back and I'll talk it out with you!

Natsumi: That's no good. Even if you're not feeling up to it, it's already set in motion, you see. So who am I impersonating today? I'm ready to hear your answer for today.

Shido: That's.....

Y/N: Shido someone will be taken if you don't answer. Take a wild guess at the very least.

Shido: The one you're impersonating is.... Yoshino!

Natsumi:........

Y/N:.....?

Shido: She was acting more bold than usual today and I'm not super confident but just maybe....

Natsumi: Hm, I see....

Natsumi's angel turned and disappeared.

Shido: Wait, Natsumi!

Y/N: Not good....

Reine: Shin, Y/N. Do you copy?

Y/N: Loud and clear, Reine.

Reine: Two people were just taken by Natsumi's Angel. Both Ai Yamabuki and Yoshino.

Y/N: Damnit.....

.........

Two days have passed and Shido still hasn't figured it out. Ms. Tammie, Tonomachi, Mai Hazakura, and Mei Fujibakama. They've all been taken. My next date was with Origami at the movies. Shido decided to go on another date with Tohka to try and clear his head. Of course when I met Origami she said she just got there when in reality she always comes an hour early.

Origami: So what are we watching?

Y/N: Hm...I don't know...

Origami: In other words, you invited me not to see a specific movie. But because you wanted to go out with me?

Y/N: Yeah.

Origami's eyes seemed to light up as she picked the romance movie. We bought our tickets and were currently watching the movie. It wasn't bad but it wasn't exactly good either. I felt Origami's hand on top of mine before she ran a finger gently along my hand before intertwining our fingers together.

Origami: Y/N.

I looked over to Origami who was leaning towards me pulling her shirt down exposing her cleavage.

Origami: I want you to look at me, too.

Y/N: Uh.....

I looked around, thankfully it was a fairly empty theater most of the people being in the front. I tried to take a sip from my drink but felt nothing. I looked down and saw Origami's mouth at the other end of my straw.

Y/N:*sigh*

Once we got out of the movies I decided to walk Origami home.

Origami: So how was that stew?

Y/N: Oh.......

I had a taste and let's just say that I saw the Grim Reaper and had to dump it out.

Y/N: It was alright.

Origami: I see. I shall try to improve on it next time.

Y/N: Please do.......

As we walked to Origami's complex Origami slid her hand into mine interlocking our fingers. I looked over to her and it looked like she was testing to see what I would do. I closed my hand as Origami looked towards me slightly suprised but seemed pleased that we were now walking holding hands. We reached Origami's complex as she let go of my hand and turned towards me.

Origami: Thank you for going out with me. It was fun. I hope we can do this again sometime.

Y/N: Yeah I had fun too

Origami: Then....

Origami smiled at me.

Origami: Until next time.

......

I sat in my room reading a manga when Reine contacted me. I could only shake my head as I went downstairs the door opened showing a smiling Shido.

Y/N: Shido, Tohka was just taken.

Shido's face went pale as he darted out of the house and towards Tohka's room. He rang the doorbell and banged on the door yelling Tohka's name until his hand slid down the door his head hung low as Y/N's face went downtrodden.

"Oh?"

Shido stepped back as Natsumi's angel appeared as it projected Natsumi's face like before.  Y/N prepared his battlesuit just in case.

Natsumi: You seen a bit panicked today, Shido.

Shido: Natsumi!

Natsumi: It's not my fault. You're the one who didn't come home. So I took that as no guess for tonight. Which means I erased another one as usual.

Y/N: You little bitch.

Natsumi: Still, I'm thinking I wanna end this soon.

Shido: End this? Meaning what?!

Natsumi: If you guess correctly tonight, I'll return all the people that disappeared. But, if you don't guess right, it's my win. I'll be taking the place of all your missing friends from now on. In other words, those 13 precious people will never come back to this world again!

Shido: ?!

Natsumi: This time is special, so I'll come back at 11:30 tonight!

Shido: Wait, Natsumi! Natsumi!

Y/N grabbed Shido and spun him around facing him.

Y/N: Calm down. I don't need you losing your head over this.

Shido clenched his fists as his arms twitched.

Shido: I swear, I'll get it right. I will... I'll save them! Everyone!

Y/N: I got your back every step of the way.

......

Everyone gathered to a secluded location. It was Shido and the rest of the remaining people. Kotori, Kaguya, Miku, Y/N, and Origami.

Shido: That makes everyone then.

Shido explained the situation to the people who had no idea.

Shido: I got you all involved in this...and i'm sorry.

Kaguya: Don't fret about it. But you should have told the truth from the start when Yuzuru disappeared.

Miku: I am a bit that sad that my date with Y/N was part of something but I understand.

Origami: I have lots of things to ask but for now, I'll keep quiet and cooperate.

Shido: Thanks everyone.

Kotori: Let's go over it one more time. Natsumi is impersonating one of these 12 people here. So far, Shido has guessed Yoshino, Ms. Okamine, and Mai Hazakura. We can exclude them out. Natsumi has erased, Yuzuru, Ai Yamabuki, Hiroto Tonomachi, Mei Fujibakama, and Tohka. It's possible she was one of them. There's also the six of us here. That makes us strong suspects but to impersonate one of us would be rather difficult for her to pull off.

Miku: Huh? What do you mean?

Kaguya: Our traits are too complex to be imitated by anyone.

Kotori: It's a possibility....

Origami: Witch.... The Spirit you're all calling Natsumi..... Why would she take such a risk. The way she's does it, every time a person disappears, it raises the chance she's found out. By the end it'll be hard to guess wrong. Witch is confident she won't be guessed. Meaning, no matter what we come at her with, we will never be able to guess correctly.

Origami piled up all the photos and pulled out a knife before stabbing the stack of photos.

Origami: It could be likely that she concealed herself as a photo or something.

Kotori: True. That's the kind of creative thinking we need.

Y/N: I have a thought.

Kotori: What's up?

Y/N: After hearing Origami it got me thinking, Natsumi is definitely overconfident that will never find her out. The rules never said that she couldn't be someone that has already been erased. Of course, we can leave out Shido's guesses but people like Yuzuru and them could've been the one. I don't believe Natsumi impersonated a table or anything but hm....

Natsumi: What a party.

A familiar broom appeared and the face of Natsumi became visible.

Shido: Natsumi!

Kaguya: She's the one...!

Miku: Oh no! She's so gorgeous, it's no fair!

Natsumi: Thank you. Now, it's the night we've been waiting for. Shido, can you actually guess who I'm impersonating tonight?

Shido: I'll get it all right. Natsumi, for your sake, too.

Natsumi: Hmph, give it your best shot. Now, I'll give you three guesses tonight. Each time you're wrong, one of your friends right here will disappear! C'mon Shido. Let's hear your first guess now. Go ahead.

Shido: Natsumi, no matter how you look at it, you're not one of the five people here. You wouldn't risk everything on a game with a 75% chance to lose. So you had to have been one of the five people you've already erased. You took out the one you were impersonating so you'd be safe as quick as possible. So you're.....

Kotori: The first one to go, Yuzuru.

Kaguya: H-Hold on! Yuzuru was the real deal!

Shido: I'm not certain myself but...if she was  Yuzuru then everything makes-

Natsumi: Too bad! You're wrong!

Origami: Y/N!

Y/N:?!

Y/N looked up from the table and saw Origami floating into the air as he reached his hand out only for her to disappear.

Kotori: You're kidding! It wasn't Yuzuru?!

Kaguya: That's what I was trying to say!

Natsumi: Come now, my great detectives. Who will you name next? If you run out of time, I'll suck someone else up!

Y/N retracted his hand and took a deep breath before slamming his fist on the table.

Shido: Shit!

Shido sporadically scanned the pictures until he looked up at Y/N who turned Yuzuru's picture over taking her out of the question. Y/N let out a sigh as he kept contemplating.

Natsumi: Time's ticking! If you don't make a guess then I'll take someone but do you want that?

Kotori: If that's the case, it's him!

Kotori held up a picture of Tonomachi.

Natsumi: Too bad.

Kaguya was erased before the group's eyes.

Shido: Kaguya!

Natsumi: Now, now. This is your last chance. Who's it going to be?

Miku: I can't take it Darling! I can't!

Miku curled up in fright.

Miku: To think I finally met Darling, and now I'll disappear?!

Y/N leaned down next to Miku trying to calm her down.

Y/N: Miku, we need to stay calm about this.

Natsumi: Thirty seconds....

Miku: Please darling.... Take this.

Y/N looked at Miku who was holding her hairpin.

Miku: I can't disappear without leaving a piece if me with you!

Y/N: Miku I-

Miku: Because if I wear this,it'll disappear with me!

Shido:?!

Y/N:?!

Y/N shot up and glanced at Shido who looked like he realized something. The boys glanced at the table as Y/N picked up an overturned picture and showed it to Shido.

Kotori: Y/N? Shido?

Shido: I've got it, Natsumi. That is, the reason you're so calm.

Natsumi:Hm?

Shido: You're impersonating someone in one of the 12 pictures, but not of the twelve people.

Y/N held the picture up to Natsumi.

Y/N: Isn't that right, Yoshinon?

Natsumi:?!

Kotori: What? Why would Yoshinon.....

Shido: Now that I remember, it was strange. Yoshinon is Yoshino's puppet. It shouldn't be able to see someithing Yoshino can't.

Y/N: Origami also gave us the possibility that it could be something inanimate and Miku gave us the final hint. When Yoshino disappeared Yoshinon did as well.

Shido: Well? How's that, Natsumi?! Were you impersonating Yoshinon?

Natsumi growled as the mirror image on her broom began to crack until a bright white light enveloped everyone. When they reopened their eyes, they saw everyone that was taken on the floor. Some were awake while some were unconscious.

Shido: Thank goodness, you're all okay...

Y/N: Shido.

Shido looked over to Y/N who was staring at Natsumi who was sniffling in the corner.

Shido: Hey Natsumi, why did you do all this? It's time for you to explain.

Natsumi turned towards Shido and company to which it was a little girl.

Shido: Are you....Natsumi?

Natsumi felt her face before she quickly shouted her Angel's name and turned back to her adult form glaring at the group.

Y/N: So she transforms into this form with her Spirit power.

Natsumi: You saw! YOU SAW! YOU SAW! YOU SAW! You've seen my secret, not once but twice! Unforgivable! It's unforgivable! None of you are getting away with this!

Natsumi pointed her broom towards the group and a bright light shone as Y/N held up a shield from his battlesuit. When the light faded, Natsumi was speaking through her broom.

Natsumi: Take this in place of farewell. Just wait..... I will have my revenge!

Shido: Wait Natsumi! We can talk!

Natsumi's angel disappeared as Y/N let out a sigh.

Tohka: Shido?

The two boys looked and saw Tohka but smaller....and younger.

Shido:Eh?

The two quickly noticed the other Spirit girls aside from Origami also being kids as well.

Y/N: What in the goddamn?

"They say there is only one truth however.... The future ahead can be many not one. Which one do you choose?"

Feel free to inform me of any spelling errors so I can correct them. Thanks for reading and the continued support.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 251 20
Warning: +18 content and Lemon. Mio didn't die, and Tohka stayed with him. shidou finally had his happy ending, where his loving ones stayed with him...
49.8K 1K 13
Earth has been hit by these blast known as spacequake that lead to many people die because of these attacks and no one knows how is this happening to...
1.1K 28 4
❛ 𝖲𝖮𝖬𝖤𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖭' 𝖣𝖨𝖥𝖥𝖤𝖱𝖤𝖭𝖳 𝖠𝖡𝖮𝖴𝖳 𝖸𝖮𝖴. ❜ ᥫ᭡▐ 𝗌𝗒𝗇𝗈𝗉𝗌𝗂𝗌 ; making your imagination ...
62.4K 1.7K 26
People see me and think they're safer. But it's not really me they're seeing. Probably for the best... knowing everything hinges on a guy from an old...