Make Me Yours

Millan tarafından

Tara "Tammy" Renwick was somewhat satisfied with her life. Well, with the exception of her absent mom, workah... Daha Fazla

Make Me Yours
Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Information
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

709 17 4
Millan tarafından

Chapter 7

      I awoke the next morning, feeling groggy. Rubbing my eyes, I yawned, and then tensed. Why was my bed so hard and uncomfortable? And why was my pillow so warm? I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a mans chest, clothed. Scrambling away from him, I took in my surroundings. The dead deer was a couple of feet away from me, it had obviously been moved, my bike was still lying on the ground, and right next to me was a sleeping Will. 

     I couldn't help but stare, he looked so calm and peaceful, so perfect somehow. And yummy, very yummy. Some of his blond brown hair was in his face, so I leaned over him slightly, and pushed it out of the way. I couldn't stop the lingering fingers as they caressed his cheek, trailing the side of his face until they landed right above his lips.  When he rumbled, I immediately removed my hand from his face. He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me, he then sat straight up, wide awake. He looked at me before asking, 

    "Are you ok?", concern leaking into his voice. 

    "Well, I'm better now then last night, at least."

    "Can you stand?" he asked his eyes looking down at me legs. Oh right, I had broken my legs. 

    "Yeah, I think." I stood up, slowly, and shook my legs lightly; they were in working condition. I looked up and smiled at him and he smiled a small smile back at me. I walked over to my bike, and pulled it up so that it was standing. Even after just a quick glance it was clear that it wasn't going to start again, Great, now I have to walk all the way home.  

    When I started to walk, pushing the vehicle along, I felt Will's hand carefully touch my shoulder. 

    "Where are you going?", he asked me, looking a tiny bit panicked.

    "Home, my dad's probably going to kill me." If he even noticed my absence. 

    "Ok, can I walk with you? That's something a friend would do, right".

     "Yeah, I guess, or I don't know. Probably". Since when was I this unsure of stuff?

    "Ok, then I'll walk with you."

    "Ok, you'll walk with me."

    We walked in silence for a few moments, him looking tall and brooding. He was wearing a black shirt and black jeans that looked great on him, emphasising his prominent muscles. Wait a second… 

    "Um, how are you clothed? I mean, you were pretty, um,  not-clothed last night."  

    "Oh, just some spare I found in the woods right over there." Werewolves sometimes had to phase unexpectedly, and so there were clothes pretty much all over town, for any wolf and every wolf.  

    "That makes sense, I think." Since when did "think" or "guess" stuff, I was always certain of everything. A few more seconds passed by and I couldn't really think of anything to say. Not that something needed to be said, the silence was actually very comfortable, but for some reason I didn't want to seem boring. When I did think of something to say, he beat me to it. 

     "So, you guys have no pack doctor down here?" he asked, sounding curious but yet concerned.  

    "No, I don't think. I mean, there's this guy, Jack, that has a degree but I don't think that's what you mean."

    "No, a pack doctor is like a regular doctor, but just one that focuses on wolves, not humans. Most pack doctors are human doctors, as well, and they have the wolf part like a, um, hobby, I guess."

    "Weird hobby," I said, grinning.

    "Yeah, maybe not the best word choice." he chuckled, grinning right back at me. 

    "Hey can I ask you something? It's gonna sound a little rude" I said quietly, nervous because of what I was about to ask.

    "Sure, hit me." I grinned briefly at his "hit me" comment, it sounded so, so, peculiar coming from his lips. 

    "Why are you here?" It had been eating me now for some time, why he was here. I mean, there was absolutely nothing here of interest to anybody and the only reason people ever came or moved here was to avoid other people - making the majority of the adults and elderly sociopaths.

     He looked a little, or rather, very uncomfortable to answer my question. He tired a couple of times, until he eventually just replied, "I wanted to have a look around." 

     I raised my eyebrows, I could've smelled the lie miles away.  

    "I won't tell anybody, you know." I hoped he was scenting my emotions just as carefully as I was scenting his, for then he would know that I meant it. 

     "Fine, lets just say that someone asked me to have a look around." He said, ocean eyes boring into ice. Some asked him to have a look around. What? I mean, how could- why would- what?. I wanted to ask more, but one look on his face told me that wasn't happening. After a few minutes of quietness, his expression turned thoughtful, and he asked me,

     "Can I ask you are rude question in return for your question?" 

     "Sure, I mean, I guess that's only fair, right?" He mumered instead of saying yes, and he looked at me intensely as he said, 

     "Could you tell me why you told me to shut up and leave you alone?" He had to ask that one of course, I mean, I didn't even really know the answer to that one, I couldn't explain my trust issues. I tried to doge the bullet by replying, 

     "Actually, I said my name was shut and leave me alone - I never told you to go". I said tiny smile in my voice.

    "Yeah, well, it was implied." Obviously having none of that. 

      "I don't know really… Ok, no offense, but there is something about you that scares me a little and I have some weird unexplainable trust problems on top of that." He looked a little hurt by the "you scare me" part, but then he said something that I had not expected him to say, 

     "You scare me, too." 

     We were silent for several minutes after he'd said that, I didn't completely understand what he meant and he, again, looked like I couldn't drag it out of him even if I tried. So, we both opted for quietness, for a while, and then I felt the need to at least start somewhat of a normal conversation. I mean, I was perfectly comfortable with not talking, but he might not be. Although, that wasn't exactly the vibe I got off him…

     "Lets play twenty questions," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic about it.

     "Ok," he said with slightly raised eyebrows.

     "So, how old are you?", he looked older than 18.

     "I'm 18," he said, hesitantly. I sniffed the air a little, and to my utmost surprise, he had lied. 

    "You can't lie during twenty questions," I said, glaring at him. If he didn't want me to know how old he is, then why not just say so? I don't appreciate lying; not at all. 

    "Ok, fine. I was turned when I was 23," he said, looking away into the forest. 23? Why was he still in school?

    "So, how old are you?" he asked me. 

    "18," I said simply; there wasn't really more that could be said on the subject. 

    "Why are you still in school?", I asked, hoping that I wasn't prying too much. For all I knew he could be not so intelligent questions. 

    "You ask dangerous questions," he said tensely, but still smiling his normal slightly sad small smile. "Fine, I was asked to watch over some people, and lets leave it at that, ok?"

     "Ok," I nodded. 

    "When were you turned?", he asked cautiously.  

     "Oh, about 6 months ago, I was 17." His eyed widened slightly, and I sniffed the air again. He was mad and shocked, from what  I could tell; anger smelled sort of tangy, and left a bitter taste on you tongue.

      "What about you, when were you turned?" I asked, curiously; it seemed as if he wasn't turned yesterday.

     "In the 40's," he said unwillingly after a few moments. Wait, holy shit!

     "In the forties, are you freaking kidding me?" I asked, maybe with a little more volume than necessary.  

     "Nope, not joking."

     "Shit," I muttered underneath my breath, he just kept a straight face.

     "Ok, some easier questions now. What's you favourite colour?" he asked me. 

     "Black, and you?"

     "Green."

     "Favourite book?", he said, still going for the easy questions.

     "The Da Vinci Code. How 'bout you?"

      "Pillars of the Earth."

      "Cool." I nodded. We kept on going, just asking the easy, one word answer questions. It was actually kind of fun; he told me the craziest stories about the seventies, and somehow it didn't make him seem old when he talked about it, it made him interesting; it made him unique. We did touch the war stories a little, he had seen some scary shit apparently, but it made him sad to talk about it, so we changed subject quickly. 

     We talked for hours on end, just following the road. I was laughing hysterically when we arrived at my house, he was talking about his high-school gym teacher and it was safe to say that it was very different from modern times. I stopped outside of my house, and looked at him. 

     "Isn't weird? Coming back to school after so many years?"

    "It's a little weird, yeah," he said nodding, "but I had to go, and I probably won't be staying that long, either." 

     "When are you leaving?" I asked, sad now. He was a pretty amazing guy, actually.

      "Not for a few months, so don't worry your pretty little head all to much, ok?"

     I was about to deny that I'd worry at all, but that would be breaking the twenty questions rules; you don't lie. However, it's debatable that we're no longer playing twenty questions due to the fact that we had since long surpassed the "twenty" questions. 

     "Fine, I'll see you monday?"

     "Nope, tonight. Pack meeting."  

    "Ahh, right. Oh joy." I said sarcastically. 

    "What do you usually do during the pack meetings?" he asked me, his tone interrogation like.

    "Um, I don't know - train, national werewolf news, just general pack stuff, I guess. Why?"

     "Just curious to how it's different where I'm from?" 

    "Hey, where are you from?" I asked, for some reason we hadn't touched this area at all. I knew he'd moved around some, he had stories from about everywhere. 

     "Montana."

     "Nice," the sound my dad's familiar car was a few kilometers away, so when I started to move up towards my house, he caught a hint. 

     "See you tonight, I guess."

     "Will do," he said before retreating into the forest behind me house. As soon as I entered my house, I dashed to the far side of the living room, not bothering to take off my shoes, and luckily saw him when he was peeling his shirt from over his head; and he had a very nice back. He had one of those backs that you could imagine yourself running your fingers over, pressing them slightly into his shoulder blades. 

     "Hmm," I sighed, closing my eyes for a second. I listened, extending my hearing to it's limits. I heard it when Will took of the rest of his clothes, and I heard it when he changed into a werewolf. I heard is steady breath when he started to run, his paws lightly touching the ground while he flew across the forest floor. I also heard my dad's car pulling up on the driveway. 

    A quick glance on the clock told me that it was about 2 in the afternoon, and that I had about 5 hours until I had to go to the pack house. I went back into the hallway and took off my shoes quickly, and then walked to the kitchen to make some coffee. 

    I heard my dad's heavy footsteps walk up the stairs, and then the door opening.  

    "Tammy?" he called out. 

     "Yeah, what?" I called back. 

    "Just checking. Hey, where were you last night, by the way?" 

     "Oh, I just crashed at Lee's, remember how I told you I'd be seeing a movie at his house?"

     "Oh, yeah right," he lied, I could smell it, and, besides, he never remembers the stuff I tell him anyway. I gave him a quick glance of acknowledgement, and noticed that he looked slightly uncomfortable. 

     "Is there something you need to say to me? It's kind of rude to stare at somebody, you know." I told him, with raised eyebrows. 

     "Um, yeah, actually there is. Um, is there something going on between you and Lee that I should know about?", he asked me, wincing as he said it. 

    "Oh my God, dad," I gasped about, laughing. "No, absolutely positively never-in-a-million-years no. Why would you even think that?"

    "You guys hang out all the time, you do school projects and stuff together. It's a reasonable assumption." 

     "Yeah, except he is more like my brother, not my boyfriend." 

     "Ok, ok, no more needs to be said on that subject. You doing anything tonight? It's Saturday."

     "Um, yeah, it is ok if I hang out with Cory for a few hours tonight. She's having some problems with Dan and needs to talk," I made up. For as far as I know she and Dan are in pretty good shape. Well, there was the fact that they would have to break up soon, and that she was a werewolf, that caused some trouble, but there was nothing new or major that I knew about, anyway. 

     "Sure, sure, whatever. You should be home by midnight, though."

      "Yeah, ok." The pack meeting should be over at about 10, but then there was La Luna, and no one knew how long that could take. The restaurant was opened all night and me and Cory could sit there and talk for such a long time; mainly because I didn’t want to go home. I felt so lonely, all the time. Even when dad was home, I felt lonely. He was never there for me, he never talked to me. It was just me, in an empty house, and werewolves weren’t made for being alone. In fact, there weren’t a lot of Loners due to the fact that most werewolves went insane after a few decades of solitude.

     "Ok," there were a few moments of silence between us before he left to room, turning on the TV. I poured myself a cup of coffee looking out from the window. I had some butterflies in my stomach, and I smiled before taking a sip of my coffee. 

     I was going to see Will tonight.

____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Ok, so finally I sort of get into the story!! I really liked writing this chapter; it was cute, in my opinion. '

Anywho, the big three please! 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

389K 14.4K 25
Tamara Rose Catherine got rejected by her mate. She was banished, found by another pack who took her in and reformed her into a stronger, sassier wol...
279K 10K 32
All her life Katrina knew she was a little different and all she wanted was to fit in. But it was harder to actually do than you might think, for sta...
215K 6.8K 33
Annabelle Stevens, a normal eighteen year old girl... well that's what she thought. What happens when the schools most popular guy, Daniel, starts ta...
213K 8.5K 53
#1 paranormalromance 07/03/2023 #1 werewolfromance 07/03/2023 #1 mates #1 paranormal # Christianity Hi. My name is Tamara Grace Finely. And this i...