ZSEN

By nathanielpoirrier

(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpo... More

Chapter 0 - Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Project
Chapter 2 - Blackout
Chapter 3 - Happy Eighteenth
Chapter 4 - Encountered
Chapter 5 - Clashing
Chapter 6 - The Date
Chapter 7 - Misdemeanor
Chapter 8 - Lizzie
Chapter 9 - Nathaniel
Chapter 10 - Zsen
Chapter 11 - First Day
Chapter 13 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 14 - Last Night
Chapter 15 - Settling In
Chapter 16 - Reputation
Chapter 17 - Demons
Chapter 18 - One Sided
Chapter 19 - Identity Thief
Chapter 20 - Zander
Chapter 21 - Publicity
Chapter 22 - Fenge
Chapter 23 - Standoff
Chapter 24 - Bonds
Chapter 25 - Complications
Chapter 26 - Lost Hope
Chapter 27 - Alive
Chapter 28 - Management
Chapter 29 - Who Are You
Chapter 30 - Legend Of Carter Jones
Chapter 31 - Ardent
Chapter 32 - Upheaval
Chapter 33 - Get Up
Cha¶tër ¾ ~ Icarus
Chapter 35 - Insight
Chapter 36 - Moralities
Chapter 37 - Misrule
Chapter 38 - Family
Chapter 39 - Compromise
Chapter 40 - The Monster I've Become (Lizzie 2)
Chapter 41 - Atone
Chapter 42 - Nieghborly
Chapter 43 - Blood Money
Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 1/2)
Chapter 44 - A Champion Is Born (Pt 2/2)
Chapter 45 - Surrealism
Chapter 46 - Reformed
Chapter 47 - No Mans Land
Chapter 48 - As Days Go By
Chapter 49 - Query
Chapter 50 - Left For Dead
Chapter 51 - Conspiracy
Chapter 52 - Uneasy
Chapter 53 - New Faces
Chapter 54 - Warriors Of Generation Zenith
Chapter 55 - Conclusion
Patient ~ Lizzie Zaeva
Patient ~ Cornelius Hale

Chapter 12 - Preperation

74 13 2
By nathanielpoirrier

I walk back to the kitchen and go to where I left my food...

A real Corrupted. Geez, I really hope that's not the case. Although, Lizzie makes a lot of sense and if she says it could happen, she's probably right.

I'm not hungry anymore. Just the thought of that thing and what they can do just makes me sick. I'm just gonna take a shower, change clothes, and rest.

Ahh. It's so nice to finally relax. The shower was nice and cool just how I like it. I got into my sweats and didn't even bother with the shirt. I just jumped straight into this full-sized bed. When did Siberius say to meet him? 40:00? That's not a normal time but I think I understand it. If we stay here for 48 hours while time's frozen, time probably just counts up until 48... Or at least until everyone leaves probably. So wait! That means it's almost over! Thank fuck, I can finally go back...

Home...

Right...

When I go back, that'll be the last time I'll get to see home... Damn, it feels like it's been so long since I've been home. My life has really changed a lot now. I'm going to be in a new home, people at school are going to probably still treat me like shit, but it'll definitely be different after everything with Lizzie for the project. And now, with this military. I just hope I'm not outcasted here like I am at home. It seems great so far, in a weird way, but, with me not meant to be here, it makes me kind of worry...

.......

"Nathaniel!"

Ughh, Lizzie is hollering to get me up. I must've passed out because the last thing I remember was just laying down thinking to myself.

"Come on, we gotta start getting ready."

"Alright, I'm getting up. Would you close the door so I can start getting dressed?"

"Thank yo-"
She closed the door but, she didn't leave.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure you get up. I can't risk you being a lazy slob and have you going back to sleep when I leave you."

"Don't be ridiculous, you know I'll get up."

"Maybe. But I have to be sure."

"Well then turn around at least."

"In what world would I ever turn my back to you? I'm not about to make myself vulnerable to you, I have no trust like that for you."

That's a lot of bullcrap! She's clearly making up excuses and it's horrible how bad she is at it.

"Lizzie, you need to give me privacy. So either turn around or go outside the door! You'd be safer wou-"
"Shut the hell up and don't talk to me that way, asshole! Now hurry up, you've done pissed me off."

She storms out. I'm so confused by everything she just did. None of her reasons or anything made sense.

I dress into more workout clothes maybe a little looser than what I wore before but it works. I look over on a shelf in the room and see a digital clock. 38:45?! Why the hell is she rushing me so early?! Well, it's apparent that she loves being early to things for sure, but that's just ridiculous. We aren't at all far from where he wants us to meet him. So now, we basically aren't doing anything for an hour.

I walk out and Lizzie is sitting on the couch in this living room area by the front door.

"Hey, why did you wake me up so early? We don't need to meet him until 40:00."

"Nathaniel, I need you need to be awake and I need to make sure you are ready for whatever they throw at us for this final test."

"A Corrupted... We could handle that right? They wouldn't let a strong one here, would they?"

"Nathaniel, there are many things they could do. The holograms can be controlled and set how strong or hard they are to face, but with real ones, you just can't do that. It's unpredictable."

"Hmm, yeah, that makes sense. So they could still bring a random Corrupted."

I sit right next to her, knowing full well there's space to my right and another entire couch across from us.

"Now, I did try to think of everything they'd probably make us do and well there's plenty of shit they could do. However, I realize a very good point. With your condition and with me have already gone through the tests, they could have a specific final test designed for us based on how we performed."

"So that means they could have had nothing planned until now, with all of them meeting up and reviewing everything maybe."

"Precisely, Nathaniel! That's what I was thinking. I've been stressing myself out about what they'll do."

"Well, you shouldn't stress about it. We can't possibly know what they'll do Lizzie. Yeah I get it, it's stressful, but for fuck's sake you're amazing Lizzie, we'll do fine I'm almost certain of that."

She lets out a long sigh...

"Nathaniel... You've encountered one of those corrupted, yes?"

"Yeah kind of. I saw one in person but The Warriors were fighting it as well as some of Delta squad F76."

"Yeah, well, those things just touch you and you're corrupted... There's never a good experience with one. You go out there and everything changes. No matter how many times you hear stories about it or prepare, the experience is always fresh and horrible. Nothing can ever stimulate you or give you the same experience as actually facing one face to face. Anyone who says they don't fear them or say the feeling has gone still, they're full of shit. That or they have a death wish. Even then, if you want to die... Nobody wants to become corrupted... or die such a painful death... It's not easy losing someone to one of those things. We just know so little of them. When they turn, we have no idea if the person is still conscious or aware of everything. But we do know that they can't control themselves when corrupted... When someone close to you turns corrupted, those kinds of questions come up in your head. It happens so fast, corruption flows through fast and it's strong, it takes over within seconds... You just blank out and stare... You keep thinking of them and you just keep hoping that maybe there's a chance."

"Has that happened to you, Lizzie?"

She pauses and looks to me... and back down again...

"Corrupted, no matter how big or strong, no matter if they were once human or not, no matter if they're conscious or not, they are all equally dangerous! None have mercy whatsoever. This isn't like the movies. They don't take a long pause before ended the life of the main character. They do not hesitate to kill... There's no happy story when facing one of those fucking things."

We sit in silence for a bit...

She eventually starts talking again, telling me about how guns work and all these tips and tactics for guns. She also teaches me the easier ways to move through obstacles or even just moving around in general. It sounds weird but, it makes sense. Like for example, how to slide or roll to cover from gunfire without burning or hurting yourself.

She also teaches me words or phrases that are generally used in tactics. Like, she taught me this one thing, which is really neat and I never heard of before. When calling out something in a direction from your position, you use a clock signal. For example, if something were behind me I'd call it out with six o'clock. Twelve would be straight ahead, three would be my right, and nine would be my left.

Lizzie also told me that we don't need to use those unless we are talking to people we don't normally go on missions with to avoid confusion for our safety. When it comes to us as partners, we can come up with things together to make us work better as a team. We can make code names for things or we can just simplify three o'clock to just be, your right.

Anyways, she discussed other theories she's had about these finals. They may make us go against two simulated Corrupted or even put us against other partners our skill level based on our performance.

"Okay Nathaniel, it's about 39:45, do you think you're ready?"

"I don't know, I'm very anxious right now. My legs are shaking and I'm just ready to get this done with."

"Alright, well look."

She stands up and kinda pulls my shoulders to let me know to stand with her. She-
"Gagh!"

She's getting close with her arms around my shoulders. I can feel her, erm, her uhm... Her chest pressed up against me. I can feel my heart racing. Gah! Why is my heart beating like this. It can't be because I like her at all. Because I don't! It's just having a female this close to me. That must be all it is.

But I mean... when she's not being an asshole, she's pretty nice. In a weird bitchy way, sure, but that's just her personality.

I can't figure her out. She's very back and forward... With me at least. It's like she knows how she wants everyone else to see her but, she doesn't know with me. I really don't know, I'm just thinking out of my ass here.

Gah! Right! As I snapped back to reality she's right up on me, but she's backed me on the wall. Her hands around my shoulders still. Her face has to be like three to four inches from mine. I don't think she can get any closer as her uhm... Her chest is pressing up on me really hard... and I don't even know if she'd want to get closer anyway, but it feels that way.

Fuck, my face is getting hot and I know I'm getting red as hell right now. Damn... She's so pretty, her shining blue eyes, hot red lips, perfect teeth, long beautiful black hair, a light bit of red blush, and excellently curved eye-liner... Just absolutely stunning. I need to stop thinking about her this way... Aghh-
"You don't have to be this close to me y'know?"

"I know! As I was saying, I'm going to deal with him okay. Just don't get involved because he doesn't matter."

"Uhm, err, who?"

"Were you not listening to me at all?!"

She looks pissed but, thankfully, she stopped pressing up to me so much at least. She's still in front of me. The only way of moving away from my position would mean I'd have to... Well, get closer. Then to the side. Ugh.

"Sorry I just was thinkin-"
"About me? Parts of my body? Trying not to get too excited?"

She's really pissed off now. Dammit, I'm stupid.

"N-no! I just-"
"Ugh, you guys are all the fucking same!"

"Ack!"

She punched the air out of me!

"Forget it!"

Geez, she hit the hell out of my abdomen. She also left without me. Damn, I really messed that up...

As I catch my breath, I make my way out and sure enough, Siberious and Lizzie are waiting on me.

"Ahh, rise and shine Z237, it's your finals! Now, if you two would head with me."

We start heading with him but, he's taking us toward the barracks.

.......

We are heading to a farther back part of The Warriors barracks. It's starting to make more sense as to why their barracks are half the size of the normal barracks and not like a small house. They have two huge kitchen rooms, two huge living rooms, extra restrooms with both baths and showers, even more bedrooms, and another room I am not too sure of what it is, but it's huge. It has glass on the outside of it to see through it and it's just an empty room.

We finally make it to this one last room on the complete opposite side of the building.

Woah. It's one of those big arena half-dome things Lyra and I passed by before. There are three rows of chairs going all around the top part... Well the normal floor but, it looks over the arena and the people who are inside are far lower. There are also two staircases on the far left and right walls leading to two different rooms. Maybe where the regeneration pods are located.

Anyway, all of the Warriors are here as well as the General. Shouldn't he be with the other recruits? Geez, well I'm nervous as ever now.

They all start clapping and smiling. Siberus walks up to them and joins in with them.

"Uhh, what's going on?"

"Yeah, what he said."

"Welcome to your final!"
General exclaims...

"Well, what the hell is it, Carter?!"

"Lizzie, don't... Don't call me that, right now."

He seems bothered but, only triggered, not pissed. They seem to be close...

"Okay, look you two. We are going to have y'all both fight in the arena toda-"
"Nah shit, Siberus. But against who or what?"

"Well, exactly what I said."

"What?"
Lizzie and I say in sync, puzzled.

"Z237 versus Z719"

"Fuck yeah!"
"Oh no!"
Me and Lizzie both say-wait!

She's excited? Did I really piss her off that much... Or maybe it's just fun... Or maybe, actually, it could just be the best scenario compared to what we had thought.

"First, Z237, go with R024117 and B3667. They need to prep you up with a few things. Z719, come with the rest of us."

I walk toward the-Gah! Rosalin jumps up to hug me!

"Eeek! I'm so excited to see this finale!"

"I'm going to get my ass kicked."

"Uh."

Rosalin looks like she went into a trance, as we start walking toward wherever they are taking me...

"Yeah, probably. Lizzie couldn't really be defeated by anyone alone and when she was partners with Zander, even with how good he was, he held her down. The reason we know that is because Becca and Siberus were able to beat them when it was two on two. They are the best partners out of everyone but, when it's a one on one, Lizzie's the best."

"Siberius is the champion. Isn't he the best?"

Becca joins in.
"Only reason he is, is because he knows how to lead a team. Yeah, sure he can beat a good few of us besides Liz and me. What separates those two is the fact that Lizzie can't work with anyone. She's too bossy and treats everyone like shit. She doesn't listen to orders but, I mean, after all, she is somewhat newer compared to everyone. But damn, did she climb up fast. Every rank before making it to the Warriors, she'd go out on a mission, her partner would die, she would get a promotion and a new partner, and it would just repeat. Over and over again. She only revealed what happened with the General and he's kept it just as secret as she has."

Geez... That would explain what she went on about earlier with the Corrupted.

"Hey, wait up guys!"

Someone is shouting at us from a distance.

"Eeek! He let you come with us, Holly?!"
Rosalin was halfway down the hall by the time I turned around...

"Hey, Lyr-err, Holly!"

"Nathaniel!"
She runs up to me and hugs me.

"So how did it go with Z71-erm, Lizzie?"

"Oh! She didn't really talk to me and kept pushing me away... She said it meant nothing to her."

I kind of pout, but I don't think that Lizzie meant it. Especially with what happened once she got home. She may seem mean and snobby and even a bitch at times, but I feel like it's not easy for her to be nice. So it appears mean or rude but, she's really trying to be a good person. Anyway, I'm not about to tell Lyra that, at least not with Becca and Rosalin around.

"Well, it's okay Nathaniel. Maybe she'll come around."

"Yeah thank you, Holly."

"What happened? What are you talking about?"
Becca asks curiously...

"You like her too, don't ya? What guy doesn't? You're pretty lucky to be her partner-"
Gah! Rosalin is pushing it. I don't even think I like her anyway! She's an asshole to me... I mean sometimes she can be great...

No! She's the reason my life is so miserable!

"No! It's nothing like that. It's just personal. We hate each other and that's all. She's an asshole who has ruined my life and made me completely misera-Ack!"

Who bashed me in the back of the head? Fuck, this hurts! I turn...

"Rosalin?!"

"Don't you dare talk about her like that!"

Woah. She's pissed? Her of all people? It's actually scarier seeing her pissed. She doesn't seem like the type.

"She's the whole reason my life suc-"
"Fuck you!"

"Ugh!"
She punched the fuck out of my gut. Damn!
Even through this armor, it hurt.

"Rosalin, drop it!"

Thank goodness for Becca. I feel like I'm about to pass out.

The rest of the way is quiet. We finally make it to this room with a big holographic screen and what looks to be a counter that is connected to the right of the desk that is in front of the screen. Behind the screen is a glass wall into another black room that's well lit up.

"Alright, Nathaniel, you're going up against Lizzie in a one on one fight. So now, we will be getting you your Signature Melee weapon."

Becca stops talking and Lyra continues...

"So there are three types of main weapons you are allowed to possess. Primary, Sidearm, and Signature Melee."

Rosalin seems pissed still. She starts typing on the holographic screen.

"We are going to give you your Signature Melee right now, as Lizzie has hers. As you know she lost everything, including her weapons. However, Signature Melee weapons have no value, even when you upgrade them or invest however much money into it."

Becca continues for Lyra...

"Basically, they can't take this from you and you cannot sell it for money. This weapon stays with you forever. Now, These weapons are any melee weapon you want. Keep in mind the bigger they are the less useful they are for their purpose. They are meant to be used as a last resort and-or a reflex response to attack. Also if you make it bigger or more than just a knife, like it should be, then the bigger waste of units."

"Mhm. Alright."

"Sidearms are mostly handguns, but they can also be melee weapons such as a sword if you wanted. Keep in mind, very few people resort to melee as their sidearm. Hell, most only use it as a melee weapon for peoples entertainment if they occasionally participate in the bloodsports. That's another big deal with the signature melee weapon. When you use that to kill someone in the bloodsports, the crowd goes wild. When you make melee weapons as your sidearm, it's cheaper than making one as your signature melee. You can have up to two sidearms if you have a permit and warranty for it."

Back over to Lyra...

"The same thing goes for Primary weapons; you may have two. Having a melee weapon for your primary is the most effective way to purchase a melee since it's so cheap for primarys. Primarys are the big guns and can be whatever you like. This is where you let your imagination go wild. Of course, you need the units for it as well. It'll make more sense later when we get you your first primary. For now, let's focus on your Signature."

Geez, back to the complicated shit. I will say, I do believe that it'll make more sense once we get there, so I'm not going to worry about it. Why did they feel the need to explain so much on melee? Who would want a fucking sword against a Corrupted? Wouldn't everyone use guns? None of the Warriors would have a melee weapon. That would be idiotic of them.

"Okay, Nathaniel, come here."
Rosalin says with a mean glare.

"Just pick which combat knife you want for your Signature."

Woah! There are so many options. They all seem to be military combat knives. I guess that's what we start out with or something.

Ooh! I like this one.

"An M9 Bayonet-knife! Good choice."
Becca says...

Lyra walks up to the screen and taps a few buttons. Ah! She's now pulling me over to the counter where- "Woah!"

"Pretty awesome, right?"

"The knife just appeared in thin air!"

"Yep! Now here, put this on your thigh. Put it on the same side as your dominant hand."

She hands me this slightly curved tablet with four drills on each corner. I put it over my right thigh...

"Ack!"

I should've seen this coming! The damned thing connected/the drills to my endoskeleton, fitting itself appropriately to my thigh.

"Alright Nathaniel, we need you to do a hand motion after we push this button. The hand motion needs to be something you wouldn't ever do unless it's to get your knife out. Once you do the hand motion, your knife will appear in your hand so be careful."

"Okay I have an idea, I'm ready."

She pushes this button on what seems like a flashlight but it's doing a scanning light that flickers a red grid.

I rub my thumb across each of my fingertips and snap once I've gotten to my first finger. I then open my hand really fast then close it immediately...

"Okay, now hold on Nathaniel. We're going to put the knife into your storage and connect it to your thigh tablet we gave you. That hand motion can only bring the knife to you. You can pull out your knife or guns through that plate on your thigh. On the screen, there are three choices to slide to choose what you want to pull out. Just slide your finger across the screen on the weapon you need and it will appear in your hands. The hand motion is only for ease of life and you'd have to pay for attachments to allow that for your guns or whatever you use."

I do the hand motion again...

Wow, this is incredible! The knife is in my hand! Wait...

"How do I put it back? I know through my thigh tablet, but how?"

"Here."

Lyra holds my hand and pulls it toward my thigh. Gah! I'm getting a little embarrassed. Her chest is really pushed up against my back and her hands are just so soft.

"Let it scan your wrist and... See? It's gone!"

"This is so crazy. It's awesome!"

I turned around and we are really close. She's just staring into my eyes with a smile. I can feel my face getting red again...

She's so pretty and adorable...

She's great.

"Alright everyone, let's start heading back."

We make our way back and they take me into one of those rooms, up those staircases on the left side.

The room has six regeneration pods on the wall and a big one-way glass window facing the arena. Probably so the people who regenerate can continue to watch the match after they die.

"Okay, Nathaniel, just hop into a regeneration pod."

I do as she asks and I get into this glass pod with a comfortable chair inside...

"Ack!"

It's a light pain, exactly how it felt getting this suit. Except I'm not being impaled by anything. I think the machine is connecting to those core parts of my endoskeleton. To bring me back once my blood levels get low enough.

"Come on out now. You're good to go."
Becca tells me.

"Which one of us will stay back."
Rosalin asks.

"Oh, you two go ahead I'll handle the rest! Just save me a seat with y'all okay?"

"Sure thing, Holly."

Rosalin and Becca walk out the door and down the stairs leaving me and Lyra alone.

"So what's next?"

"Well, Nathaniel... You fight Lizzie."

"Oh, Yeah... It's only really hitting me now what I'm about to do."

"Yeah. I can't say it's in your favor, but I'm sure you'll find a way to surprise us. It's just a you kind of thing to do."

"Heh, yeah? you think so?"

She chuckles and smiles at me...

"Now Nathan, you both are going to be armed with the same guns so it will be a skill wins kind of match. Your primary, an M4A1, and your sidearm, a P2000. It'll be just like shooting an M4A4, so don't worry about whether or not you can handle the M4A1."

Lyra has these two guns in her hands as they start to dissolve now. She starts pushing things on the screen on my thigh. I assume she's putting the guns into my equipment.

She gets back up and-Gahh! She's staring straight into my eyes. She's grabbing for my hands and intertwines our fingers. I feel my face getting hot red. She's so pretty... Gahh! I have to stop being like this, ughh!

"Hey, I shouldn't be telling you this but... look. I like you. A lot. So I'm gonna tell you this, even though I'm not necessarily allowed to. The other Warriors and the General are all impressed by you. They think-We think that you have very much potential. With you being a cripple-AH! Uhm, sorry. That's erm, uh... It was mostly a joke but now, that's kinda what we call the condition you're in now. It's just convenient to call it that."

"Yeah, whatever. I get it."

Damn! Even here I am getting made fun of... Ugh, why can't they just call it some ridiculously smart scientific name or some shit?! Not make me feel like more of an outcast!

"Well, uhm... Look, sorry. It's jus-"
"Just continue your story."

She sighs and continues what she was saying...

"Well, with your condition, we were shocked that, first off, you've been able to survive our procedures with the endoskeleton. When this was first running and operational, they did hundreds of tests on people. Everyone that didn't have enough iron and shit in their blood or not enough blood, they passed away. The people with softer and weaker organs, their organs started failing. The people with softer tissue, their skin basically burned off their bodies. With you, well, you don't have enough blood. Which, even if you did, your blood isn't compatible. You also have soft and weak organs and tissue. So the fact that you're still alive shocks us all. Rosalin has been worried sick about you the whole way through the tests. That's the second thing. Throughout the tests, your body was just like any other rookies body would've been through these tests. It's the strangest thing we've seen. Like I would've never have noticed you weren't meant to be here if I wasn't informed by the General of your condition."

Wow... I'm the strangest thing here?! Seriously, with all the corrupted and magic dissolving guns and resurrection machines and bullshit, I'm the strangest thing here?!

"They were also all impressed with how you performed with the guns already... But, I didn't tell them why you were, haha."
She nervously laughs...

"That also leads to me needing to apologize. If I hadn't taught you how to shoot and train you up, you wouldn't be fighting Lizzie now. So... I'm sorry."

"No, it's actually helped me so much. Not just the fact that I can shoot now and I'm a natural, but also, mentally it's boosted my confidence and it has helped me be more comfortable. So don't be sorry and actually, thank you."

She is smiling... But she's starting to frown again...

"Nobody thinks you'll win, not against Lizzie. But, everyone is ready for a surprise and excited to see you two compete against one another... Oh! But don't think we're just doing this for our entertainment. We have reasons for this test, so don't worry about it just being a joke, because it's not! But, do know, I can't tell you why because that would ruin how we're testing you and what we are looking for."

"Yeah, I get it. I wouldn't take it as a joke anyway. I'd take it more as a challenge... Of course, I'm terrified of this right now."

"Okay, well we need to start preparing. They will come in here any minute now telling us it's time to start and get you in the arena. A couple of statistics you should know about your opponent. The sidearm for you two is her favorite sidearm and what she'd use personally by choice. Basically, if she's using that she's in her comfort zone. On a better note, I think you can win against her with the primary chosen for you two. She doesn't like assault rifles, which is the only reason you beat her in the first test earlier today. Her preferred primary is an SMG of any sort. Now don't get cocky, she's still great with an AR, all I'm saying is that I think you have a better chance if you were both using that primary. Now, the biggest problem for you is her signature melee. That's the one weapon she kept after her deranking and you already know why. She uses a modified karambit knife. It has the normal blade sharpened to all hell every time she dissolves it and re-equip's it. But the worst part is that her blade is extended, like a scimitar, with plasma energy. Picture a thin laser around the knife's blade, forming a whole curved sword."

"Woah! That's cool!"

"Yeah well, it's not so cool when it's impaling your abdomen. When she stabs you with it, the plasma makes your blood burn like molten lava. Anyway, my point is, don't let it come down to that."

"Yeah... I'm really nervous."

The door suddenly opens. Rosalin comes in and starts walking to me and Holly...

"Alright Nathan, go ahead and start getting ready and head on in. Good luck!"

She smiles as she walks out the door. I feel like she's being sarcastic and putting either a fake smile or a smile because she knows the odds aren't in my favor. She must be close with Lizzie because after that small incident she seems like a different person to me.

"Okay Nathan, do you have any questions?"

"Uh, too many..."

She gives me a blank stare and we kinda wait a minute...

"I'll be fine. Let's get going, I think I'm about as ready as I'll ever be."

She lets out a sigh...

"Okay, if you say so. Come over here and stand in this."

How did I not see this?! There's a machine, that you obviously stand in. The doors are made of glass and there is metal on the top and bottom. It's a cylinder shape and there are wires and cables connected to the metal coming out toward the back of it...

Holly slides the glass door and signals me to go inside. Well, this is it. I'm going to fight Lizzie! I don't quite understand how I feel about this as I'm standing inside the machine. She closes the glass doors and a teal light comes on after she pushes a button...

I hate Lizzie... I... Wow... I don't even feel hatred toward her... She's made my life miserable and yet, I don't feel like I hate her. Why?! She treats me like shit! I shouldn't- Ack!

.......

"Huff... Puff... Phoo!"

As I'm gasping for air, I'm trying to recollect myself. I think I was just transported! I was disintegrated then regenerated into a cage with no roof. It's these giant steel spikes forming somewhat of a fence around me. Outside is some kind of desert with giant rock formations. This must be the generated arena they made for us.

"Hellooo and welcome! Tonight we have our two contenders fighting it, To The Death! On the right we have the reknown Z719 making her way back to the arena!"

After hearing this announcer voice I hear a loud crowd cheering. I look up and the rows of chairs are full of people! Why are so many people here to watch us? Are people actually aware of this whole situation with Lizzie and me?

I can't make out any specific person since they are so far up, however, there has to be at least a couple hundred! This might not even be that many people compared to their standards. This is more of a VIP style arena compared to the normal arenas' I saw before. Fewer rows and it's the Warriors' personal arena after all. They must have invited people or something.

"Now, to the left corner, Z237! Or, as you may know him, The Crippled!"

What the fuck? Why!? Ughh! To top it off, the crowd's silent. That's so embarrassing! I can't let that happen here! No, This is my life and I'm going to take charge of it! I refuse to let my life become shitty again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 438 18
(Y/n) and Nathaniel together are best friends that have grown up with each other ever since they were five, now ten years have passed and they are bo...
21K 999 32
"She's right! She's right! I don't cut in the right spot." My hold tightens on my wrist. The red blood oozes out of my wrist. I slide up and grab my...
6.2K 467 22
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
573K 6.8K 71
Note: This is a (Girls from Highschool DxD x Reader) book/story. Description/small summery of the story. You are a normal 17 year old, 2nd year high...