True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 24

105K 2.5K 66
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 24

I was taking a shower when I heard a knock on the door.

"Nina." Jake called from outside. "Your clothes are here. I'll just hang them on the door knob, alright?"

"Okay. Thanks." I called back.

Ten minutes later and I was done showering. I turned the water off and grabbed the towel, drying myself then wrapping it around my body.

I walked to the door and slightly opened it. I grabbed my bag from the door knob and closed the door, locking it again.

I hope Maggie got me the right clothes I told her.

I opened the bag and found the right clothes that I told her to bring. She also packed my overnight kit and a hairdryer. That was so thoughtful of her.

I quickly dressed up in my white canon top and black jeans.

I got out of the bathroom just in time for Jake to come into the room.

I smiled at him. "Great timing. Sorry, did I take long?"

He smiled back at me. "Nah, it's alright. So, I'll just take a shower and then we'll go."

I nodded. "Alright. I'll just blow dry my hair quickly."

He went into the bathroom and I plugged in the blow dryer and started drying my hair.

It's a good thing my hair isn't that thick so it dries quickly.

Twenty minutes later Jake comes out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. There was water dripping down his chest and abs making my mouth water.

I glared at him. "You're doing this on purpose aren't you."

He smirked at me. "Hey, I'm used to dressing up in the closet or out here so I didn't bother to bring in clothes. I forgot you drool when you see my sexy abs."

I rolled my eyes at him and threw the nearest thing I could get which was a magazine. "You're so full of yourself."

He chuckled as he ducked and avoided the magazine. He got the magazine and threw it on the bed before going to the closet.

I continued drying my hair as he got dressed.

He got out of the closet in a pair of dark jeans and a blue button down shirt. His black coat with gold buttons in his hand as he ruffled his wet hair with his other hand.

I put on my black ankle high heeled boots and grabbed my coat from the bag throwing it on the bed.

"So, am I bringing you home tonight?" Jake asked putting on his shoes.

I shrugged as I brushed my hair looking at the mirror. "I don't know. It's up to you."

I felt his arms wrap around my waist from behind. "Yeah. I'll take you home."

He kissed my neck making me giggle. "Hey, you know I'm ticklish." I complained.

"I know." he said smirking.

"Oh my God. Will you stop flirting. I wanna go already!" Kaleb interrupted.

We looked back to see him leaning on the door frame his arms crossed.

"You are such a pain." Jake complained making me laugh.

The mall was a twenty minute drive from his condo. I brought my stuff already so we didn't have to go back, Kaleb also brought his car.

"Damn! Nina come on, you have got to be cheating!" Kaleb complained.

Right now we were in an arcade in the mall. Yeah, what a sight huh. The CEO of Hawkins Corp. and Maxfield Corp. are playing games in an arcade like a couple of teenagers.

"Don't be such a sore loser, Kaleb." I said chuckling.

"Wha—sore loser? I already lost three times to this game." he stated.

We played Time Crisis and I beat Jake on his first try and Kaleb found it funny. So, Kaleb challenged me and I beat him three times.

"Kaleb, accept it. You got beaten by a girl at your own game." Jake said wrapping his arms around me from behind.

Apparently, games that involve guns are Kaleb's specialty and he just couldn't accept that I beat him.

"Hey, I have an idea." I announced turning in Jake's arms facing him. "Win me a teddy bear!"

He raised his eyebrow. "What?"

I nodded ecstatically like a child. "Yeah. Over there." I said pointing to the claw machine.

He chuckled and shook his head. "You're so cute, you know that?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, I know."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the machine. "Come on, then. Lets get the child a teddy bear."

Kaleb chuckled making me glare at him. He smiled amused and just shrugged following us.

I slapped Jake's arm. "Oh, shut up. It was your idea to come here."

After about three tries Jake eventually gave up.

"Ugh! You know what, I'm gonna buy you a teddy bear right now."

I chuckled at him. "What? That's cheating!"

He smirked at me. "No. That's just winning using plan B."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Plan B?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I already made a plan because I know that I won't win because that thing is rigged and everyone knows it." he said glaring at the machine.

Kaleb and I laughed at Jake as he glared at the machine.

"Well, let's go get you a teddy bear then." Jake said grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the arcade, Kaleb following us.

We arrived at a small stall in the mall where they sell stuffed toys.

"You know I just realized that I'm a third-wheel." Kaleb said pouting.

"You only realized that now? You've been third wheeling since yesterday." Jake pointed out making me chuckle.

I was looking for a stuffed toy that was big enough to hug, but small enough so that I can actually put it in my bag (a big enough bag).

"Hey, what about this?" Jake said making me look at him.

A smile broke through my face. "That's perfect!"

He was holding a medium sized bear. It was a light purple and there was a dark purple ribbon around its neck. It was also wearing a blue shirt making it so cuter.

"That'll be $15." the sales lady said smiling at us amusedly.

Jake handed her $20. "You can keep the change."

"Thank you, sir. Have a good day." She said smiling politely.

"Thanks." I smiled at her as Jake wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we walked away.

"Thanks, babe." I said kissing his cheek as I wrapped my arm around his waist, while my free hand was holding the paper bag with my teddy bear.

"I'm hungry." Kaleb complained appearing beside me.

"Which reminds me, you owe us food." I pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just get food."

We found a pizza place and decided to eat there. We sat in a booth beside the window and looked at the menu.

"Alright. What do you annoying kids want?" Kaleb said looking at his menu.

"Oh, so now we're the annoying kids." Jake muttered making me giggle.

He smirked at me and winked making me roll my eyes at him. He chuckled and went back to looking at his menu.

Kaleb groaned from across us. "Okay, we need to lay down some rules. If there's food involved, you two are not allowed to flirt. Got it?"

I chuckled placing my menu down. Jake did the same and wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer.

A waiter came up and I immediately knew what she was gonna do.

"Hello, I'm Samantha and I'll be your server. What can I get you?" she said batting her eyelashes at Jake and Kaleb, not bothering to look at me. She was short, shorter than me actually, and I'm only 5'3. Her hair was dyed into what I guessed is maroon and it looked so fake with her hair landing a few inches below her ears.

"We'll have a pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust and a strawberry milkshake with two straws." Jake said casually looking at Kaleb and kissing my head.

Kaleb glared at him because we were being all lovey-dovey and that Jake ordered a milkshake with two straws just to annoy him.

"What?" Jake said chuckling. "She can't finish their milkshakes here, it's too big for her."

I chuckled too and nodded at Kaleb. "That's actually true."

"I can get her a smaller glass." Samantha offered.

"No, it's okay. We'll share." Jake said still not looking at her.

I can see from the corner of my eye that she was glaring at me. Kaleb was too busy looking at the menu and Jake was looking at me to notice.

"Fine. Make the pizza good for four people. My girlfriend's on her way." Kaleb said handing back the menu to Samantha.

"Letty's coming?" Jake asked teasingly.

I could tell what they were doing and I was biting my lip to stop from laughing.

Her mouth opened slightly, then she composed herself and got the menu smiling sweetly.

"Oh, and one soda please." Jake added.

She nodded in understanding and clutched the menu. "Okay. Call me if you need anything."

Once she was far enough we all bursted into laughter.

"Wow, you guys are so mean." I stated still chuckling.

Kaleb shrugged, smiling amusedly. "She was shamelessly trying to flirt with us, which was annoying me. Even though she saw you with Jake, plus she was glaring at you."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Yeah, I know."

Our food came half an hour later. Samantha was still shamelessly flirting and occasionally glaring at me.

We were talking about random things and joking around the whole time we there.

People would occasionally look our way cause of Jake and I.

Apparently, Kaleb is the executive manager in marketing in Hawkins Corp. and he's actually great at doing his job, plus he's getting paid big time.

We got the check and Kaleb paid for everything, much to his liking.

We were walking around the mall when my phone started ringing.

Huh, wonder what he needs.

"Hello, Ms. Maxfield." Sebastian said ones I answered the call.

"Yes, Sebastian?"

"I'm really sorry to disturb you ma'am , but, uhm, I'm not entirely sure if it's a problem or miscommunication..." He said nervously trailing off.

That made me stop in my tracks. "Why? What is it?"

"Uhm, some of the board members are here including attorney's. They want to speak to you and Mr. Fox."

"What? Why?"

"Uhh—"

"You know what, I'm on my way. Call Jace and tell him about this ASAP. And get a hold of my lawyer as well."

"Yes, ma'am."

I hung up and turned to Jake who was looking at me with confusion and worry, Kaleb had the same expression.

I sighed frustrated. "I'm sorry Jake. I have to go. There's a problem at the company."

"Why? What's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"I'm not sure yet."

"I'll take you there then." he offered.

"No, it's alright—"

"No, seriously Nina. Besides, I'm there if you need back up while Jace isn't around yet." He said lightening up my mood.

"Nina, you know I'll go with you, but I have Anthony duties in a few. Matthew just texted me and said I had to take care of Anthony who's drunk...at this time of day." Kaleb said groaning.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "He's already drunk? It's midday."

"Exactly. Anyways, I gotta go. Good luck. Call me if you need me alright." he said hugging me.

"Okay. Thanks, Kaleb. Good luck with Anthony."

He smiled at me and looked at Jake. "See ya, man." he said as they fist bumped.

"Take care." Jake replied.

A few minutes later and we were in the car heading to Maxfield Corporation.

My phone started ringing and I dug it out of my bag.

"Jace." I said answering the call.

"Hey, where are you?"

"I'm with Jake right now, we're headed to the office."

"Alright, well, it's a good thing Jake's with you. Sebastian called Chaye awhile ago. I'll meet you in the office in two hours; or would you rather stay in the house and we can go together?"

I thought about it. I actually wanted to wait in the house for him, but if I did I would seem dependent on Jace, like I can't handle the company without him.

"It's alright. I'll wait for you in the office. Jake is tagging along anyways."

"Alright. I'll see you then. Call me if you need me alright? Don't hesitate."

I smiled at his older brother attitude. "Yeah, I will. See you later. Bye."

"Bye."

I sighed and put my phone back in my bag.

Jake got my hand and brought it to his lips and kissed it making me relax a bit.

He smiled reassuringly at me. "Relax. Jace and I are gonna be there. We have your back."

I smiled at him. "Thanks, babe."

I really hope it isn't anything big.

What am I talking about? Even if they are the board members, the company's under my name. I could fire them if I wanted too. Not to mention that business is in my blood. I am Jared and Cornelia Maxfield's daughter after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.3K 25
(Y/n) has always attended Ouran. Her grades were always close to the top, and her status wasn't half bad either. She wasn't popular, not too well kno...
797K 17.3K 49
Hi, I've written this story when I was super young, and now I honestly think it's cringe worthy. I recommend anyone older than 14 to move on. Don't r...
My life By Angel

Teen Fiction

669 18 21
I'm 15 and this is My Life. Crazy and Unexpected things happen but I try my best to deal with them. It's kind of a diary type of story but also just...
56 0 9
My friend at school told me he was writing a book called this but didn't know what it was going to be about, so I said "why don't we both write a ver...