Lost Innocence

By CynthiaJose101

Christine is the new girl in town. Paul is the weird loner that no one likes, but there's a reason he is a lo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fourteen

82 1 0
By CynthiaJose101

POV Sunshine

On Saturday morning I received a call at ten am. I answered. 
"Zach?" I smiled it was Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor was the young coach of the football team. I don't know how it happened but we fell in love. I knew he was older and a teacher but it didn't matter to us, we were in love. 
"Would you like to come over?" He asked. 
"I'll be there in twenty minutes." I said as I smiled and hung up the phone. I got dressed and grabbed my bag. I drove over to his place and then I knocked. Zach kissed me and I walked inside. 
"Hungry?" 
"Starving." 
"Well you're in luck I made us breakfast." Zach said as he led me to his dining room. The scent hit me like a bag of bricks. One the table I saw pancakes, bacon, eggs, and orange juice for two. I couldn't help but blush. What a romantic gesture. I sat down and he pulled a rose from behind his back and gave it to me. My heart melted. Zach pulled out my chair for me and then sat next to me. We began to eat and it was one of the most delicious meals I had ever tasted. Zach was quite the cook. When I caught him staring my heart skipped a beat. The only downside of our relationship was that we needed to keep it hidden. At least it was only for a few months because in May I would be a high school graduate. His blue eyes pierced into my very soul and those were the same eyes I fell in love with the first time I ever saw them. Zach placed his hand over mine on the table and he winked at me. 
"Any luck finding a band to manage?" I asked. 
"I've got my eyes on a certain band, they look like they are getting successful and if they do I'll manage them and probably stop coaching at the school." Zach said. Zach was a coach at the school but he was into management and he had always wanted to manage a successful band, so he was on the hunt for a band that he could help rise to the top. 
"What band?" 
"They're called The Runaways." Zach said as I almost choked on my food. My ex-boyfriend was the drummer of that band. Steven. 
"I know them, I'm good friends with them." I said. 
"They seem to be doing very well for themselves." Zach said as I nodded. It was true, they have been growing in popularity ever since they got David in the band. The four of them together was the perfect mix and it showed with the increase in fans. 

After breakfast we showered and I laid down on his couch with him. I was hummed a tune to a song I had written. I was very into music myself and wanted to become a singer after high school.
"What's that?" Zach asked. 
"It's a song I wrote."
"I have a piano, do you know it from the top of your head? I'd love to hear it." Zach said. I blushed but nodded as he led me to his piano. I sat down at the piano and played the intro of it before finally singing. I concentrated on the key and the piano played because the lyrics were engraved in my mind. After I played the song I looked up at him and he was smiling. 
"That was beautiful." 
"You really think so?" 
"I do." Zach said with his charming smile. 
Zach sat down next to me and looked into my eyes. My heart was fluttering. He placed his hand on my cheek softly and kissed me. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck.  

The rest of the day flew by and we found ourselves in his bedroom watching television. After a few minutes we ignored the television and were kissing. Zach was on top of me and kissing my neck and my collarbone. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. Lust was taking over my body and it was a pleasurable sensation. We both had to take a break to catch our breath. 
"Would you like something to drink?" Zach asked. 
"Water." I said as he got up. Zach left the room and returned with a bottle of water and a bottle of beer. I took a sip and then placed it on the nightstand. 
"Do you have any idea how desirable you are?" Zach asked as I blushed. 
"I want to make love to you." Zach said as my face warmed and my cheeks turned red. 
"I-I don't know if I'm ready yet." 
"I'm not going to push you, I'm just saying that whenever you're ready you can tell me and I'll make sure to make it something you won't forget." I smiled as I snuggled into him.
"Soon, I promise." I looked up at him and he kissed me again. 

Hours later, he got up to make dinner. I sat in the living room watching TV as I waited for dinner to be served. Zach called for me from the dinning room as a mouth watering meal was waiting for me. We drank beer with our steak and rice meals. The food was delicious and I devoured it in a manner of minutes as Zachary chuckled. After dinner he turned on the radio and dimmed the lights. Zach grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. 
"I never wanna live without you Sunshine, I love you." 
"I love you too." 
Our lips were inches apart. I could feel his warm and sweet breath on me. I felt my legs quiver and my body tremble. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. The kiss lingered for several minutes and this was the moment I realized he was the one. No matter what. I thought of what a life with Zach would be like and the answer came to me like a lightbulb lighting up, a dream come true. 

POV Sophie

Over the past couple months I had noticed some changes in Steven. It was almost as if sometimes he wasn't all together there but I didn't pay much attention to it. I figured it was that he was about to graduate and stress from the band becoming more and more successful. I feared that the success of the band would make Steven distant even though I knew in my heart that it was irrational. Steven had been showing up late to dates and rehearsals and when he did show up he seemed distant and drowsy. There were some nights when he wouldn't call which was odd cause he always called. It was a fear that haunted me every night, if there was something wrong I needed to know. 

On Saturday morning, Steven had picked me up and we all went to the hospital. We promised to stay there all day if we had to. We wanted to be there for Christine when she woke up. When we arrived Paul was in Christine's room asleep on a chair while holding her hand. Joe walked in and held her other hand while he kissed it softly. I walked over to wake up Paul and hugged him. "You should go get something to eat with your brother, Joe and I will watch her." I said as Paul nodded and walked to the cafeteria with Steven. 
"What are you thinking about?" I said as I noticed how deep in thought Joe was as he looked at Christine. 
"I'm thinking about the fact that I shouldn't have left her alone in Serpent Cove, I should have waited with her." 
"You can't blame yourself Joe."
"I shouldn't have left her alone Sophie." 
"Christine wouldn't want you to blame yourself." 
"It's all my fault Sophie..."
"The doctors said she'll make a full recovery she just needs to stay home from school for a week, which shouldn't be a problem because I can bring her any assignments she misses and help her out, we all will help her out once she's home." 
"I just hope she wakes up soon." Joe stated. 
"The way you and Paul care about her is very admirable." 
"Christine is special." 
"I agree." 
"I love her." 
"We all do." I said. 
"I wrote her a song, I started it after our first gig and Serpent Cove and just now finished it." 
"Can I hear it?" I asked. 
Joe nodded and took out a piece of folded paper from his jean pocket. Joe unfolded it and started singing it softly. The words were beautiful, it was pure love. I felt bad for him. The love he had for Christine was so pure but the love that Paul had for her was also nothing short of genuine love. 

A couple of minutes later, Emily arrived and stood next to Joe. Emily placed a hand on his shoulder and kissed his head softly in comfort. 
"Our girl is a fighter, she'll wake up soon." Emily said trying to uplift the mood. 
Emily sat down next to Joe and looked at Christine. I saw her start to shiver from the cold of the room. 
"Are you cold?" Joe asked.
"A bit." Emily said. 
Joe took off his jacket and placed it over and shoulders.
"Thanks." Emily said as she smiled softly and they both put their attention back to Christine. 

I walked out of the room and sat with David and Sherrie. We talked about how Christine was doing. Thankfully, she had been doing better and was bound to wake up at some point between today and tomorrow. We all hoped it would be today. 
"They only allowed three people in her room at a time, so if one of you wants to spend some time with her, you can go ahead." I said as I looked at my hands. 
"I'll go." Sherrie said getting up. 
Sherrie got up and walked into Christine's room as I watched. 
"Are you alright?" David asked.
"No..." 
"Is it about Christine." 
"Yes and no." 
"What's up?" 
"It's Steven, does he seem off to you lately?"
"A little but I don't think it's serious." 
"Steven shows up late to everything, he barely calls me anymore, has he talked to you about anything?" 
"No, maybe he's got a lot on his mind with graduation and the band, I don't think it's anything to worry about but if you feel like it's bigger than that I can talk to him if you want." David said as I began to nod. David hugged me and I hugged him back feeling a bit more relieved. Soon I would find out that the feeling of relief wouldn't last very long. 

David and I sat and continued to talk while we waited for someone to emerge from the room or for Paul and Steven to return from the cafeteria. We talked about some of the videos I got from the last gig and if we were considering going back. It was a possibility if Christine was ok with it, and if she was, we wouldn't leave her alone or anyone of us for that matter. Especially around the bar. I took out my phone and looked at the lockscreen which was a photo of Steven and I holding hands and looking at each other. I smiled to myself as I looked at it. It was taken on our first month anniversary of being a couple, it was the very early stages of our relationship. It was when I was most the most happiest. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I decided to take a walk around the hospital to clear my head and asked David to call me if Christine woke up. As I walked around I started humming to myself not realizing I was doing it. I couldn't stop worrying about Steven and if something was wrong but I had faith that David would help me figure it out. 

POV Paul

After Steven and I finished eating we went back up to Christine's room and everyone else went to eat while Steven went to find Sophie. It was just me and Christine now. I sat back in the chair and held her again. I kissed her hand numerous times and just watched her. 
"Please come back to me..." 
A couple minutes after I said that I felt Christine's hand start to close around mine. I looked at her hand in shock and then looked at her face. Her eyes started to flutter open slowly. When she opened her eyes I could tell she was in pain but she still managed to look at me.
"P-Paul?" 
"It's me baby." I said without even thinking about it. 
"What happened to me?" 
"I'll explain everything later, I'm just glad you are awake." I said placing a hand on her hair with tears streaming down my face. 
"God, I was so worried about you, we all were." I said kissing her hand. 
"I can't remember a thing." 
"You're alright." 
"Are you the only one here?" 
"No, everyone is here but I'm glad I was the first person you saw when you woke up." 
"I'm pretty glad that you were the first person I see." 
"I'm just glad you're alright." 
"I am too but Paul...tell me what happened?" Christine asked. 
"You were drugged at the club and someone almost took you. David noticed it and alerted us and we followed the punk outside where we beat the crap out of him, and then when he ran he threw you on the ground but I caught you before your body hit the ground and then we rushed you here. I was with you in the ambulance the whole time and I haven't left your side since you got here yesterday." 
"Oh my god. Did you see who did it?" 
"No...it was dark and the guy had a dark hoodie on to cover his face." 
"He's still out there?" 
"Yes, but I won't let him get to you again, I promise." 

I sent a mass text to our group saying that Christine was finally awake and within minutes everyone arrived. Steven and Sophie came in with flowers and cards. Emily and Joe came in with teddy bears. David and Sherrie came it with ballons. The smile on Christine's face warmed my heart. I let Joe, Emily, and Sophie spend some time with her as I waited outside with Steven and the other. From the corner of my eyes I saw Janet walking my way. I was concerned. I walked toward her.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked looking at her.
"I wanted to be honest with you about the baby." 
"What?" 
"I was just in a car accident, thankfully, I'm alright but the baby-" Janet looked down and started sobbing. I looked down at her knowing full well what just happened. I hugged her. 
"I lost the baby, and I just needed to be honest with you...the baby wasn't yours...it was Ian's and I've known this whole time but I couldn't tell you because I loved you." 
"If you hadn't lied to me in the first place we wouldn't have ended up in such a bad place Janet."
"When I got pregnant I was so sure it was yours which is why I pushed you away, I didn't want to get hurt so I pushed you away before you had the chance." 
"I had genuine feelings for you but that's gone now." 
"I understand...Ian is here with me now and he really cares about me." 
"That's good." 
"I think I'm going to try to make things work with him...I'm sorry about ruining your chances with Christine." 
"It's okay I guess. I'm sorry about the baby." I said as she nodded and then walked away with Ian. I sighed as I made my way back to my brother.
"What was that about?" 
"Janet finally told me the truth about the baby, I'm not the father...but it doesn't matter anyway...she lost it and I lost my chance with Christine." 
"You should still tell her."
"I'm not going to do that to Joe."
"I get you care about him, but we all know how this is going to end." 

I sat down and spoke with Steven and David for a couple of minutes as Joe and the girls were with Christine. After a couple of minutes Joe came out and told me that Christine wanted to speak to me. I got up and walked into her room. 
"Missed me already?" I asked teasingly. 
"I wanted to thank you...for everything." 
"You don't need to thank me." 
"I wanted to." Christine said with a smile.
"You're welcome my lady." I said with a smirk.
"The doctors say I will be discharged by tonight and can go home." 
"I'll take you, I had Joe bring you a bag of your clothes just in case." I said as I picked it up from one of the chairs. 
"I won't be going to school this coming week." 
"I know, we all agreed we will bring you your assignments and help you out and we will be taking a break from performing until you are better." 
"Paul you don't have t-" 
"It's not worth it without you, we all agreed." I said as she gave me a look. 
"Fine." 
I decided against telling her about Janet losing the baby for the time being. I didn't want to overwhelm her in the condition that she was in. I would tell her but now wasn't the time or place. 

Later, Sophie and  Joe joined us. Sophie had her camera in hand and was showing us the video she got of the performance on Friday. It was one of our best shows and with Christine by our side, it was even better. Her voice was angelic and powerful, it made everyone in that joint smile. From time to time while watching the video of the performance I looked at Christine to see her reaction. I had never seen her happier. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 0 10
⚠ Warning: Strong Language and Spicy Scenes ⚠ Iris always thought that she would meet her significant other like her parents met and that they would...
307 12 4
Two childhood friends, who kept getting close year by year. Eventually one fall in love, but life didn't supported them and they fall apart. The love...
The New Sky By Dia

Teen Fiction

267 13 15
In every comic, movie and series there is always a supporting woman with the leading lady. What if the supporting woman takes the spotlight. All the...
1.4K 17 45
Mia settles in a new place. She befriends Luke and is excited to start school with him. However, she has strange encounters in school and is in for a...