Unbreakeable Bond #Project Ni...

By RhodaKadri

Nathaniel and Toun have been in love since the beginning of their first year in tertiary institutions but th... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter Twenty Three

336 75 5
By RhodaKadri

Nathaniel sat in a bar with his best friend from college. Work has keep them apart. He decided to visit him that morning.

After they both saw his daughter off to school, they went to a bar that Lanre told him was his favorite in his car.

"So how are you doing with Toun...." He couldn't finish the sentence.

"How do you want me to? I'm movimg on" He shrugged taking a shot of his drink.

"You know that you can open up to me. I know how much you love her. It's painful because i can't imagine losing Cynthia." He said

"I have a daughter that needs me and i don't want to be the cause of my mother untimely death. I have to move on even if it hurt." He said honestly.

"I'm so sorry you have to deal with this alone." He said feeling sorry for his friend.

"I miss her."

"Noone knows that better than i do." Lanre said. "I have seen how you look at her. I know how much you love her. But are you really going to give her up?"

Nathaniel knew what his friend was talking about. He had told him he was confident and sure Toun parent had something to do with her disappearance.

"What do want me to do? The police has already given up. Probably been payed by her father. I am just some poor guy going insane over his wife. There is nothing i can do."

"I am not rich. I am a nobody."

"You are not. I've know you for almost ten years. You have a heart of gold. That is why Toun loves you. She see the good in you. Money doesn't define your attitude. And Toun knows that, and that is why she loves you. That's why i love and accept you as my best friend. " Lanre said to him honestly.

Nathaniel said nothing. He pour himself another drink and he drink slowly. His gaze was somewhere far away.

" Do you know what keeps me going every morning? " He asked. Lanre said nothing but gave him a questioning look." That one day he is going to come back and beg on his knee like i once did. "

His friend did not know what to say to that. But He knew he was broken and hurt. He was doing perfectly well hiding his pain until now.

He had done it before,when he lost his father and sister and his mother became cripple. He knew more than anyone that he hated seeing his mother on that chair and there was nothing he could do to help her.

He always wanted to help and it hurt him when he can't.

*******

Tobi had came to visit Nathaniel and his family. She came with her three year old son. She was heavily pregnant and Nathaniel could not imagine how hard it was for her to travel from Ibadan to lagos to see him and his family.

She bought some stuff with her too which he was grateful for.

"This is really too much Tobi. Thank you so much." Nathaniel appreciate.

"Its nothing. Toun was my best friend." She said her eyes teary

She had been a good and loyal friend. He can't count all she had done for him and Toun in the past and now.

She called every day to ask of the progress of Toun search and how he was holding up. She sometimes talk to Anna on the phone saying sweet word to her.

She was the kind of friend anyone will love to have.

He owe her alot.

"God bless you my daughter. I don't know how to thank you. I appreciate everything you've done for us." Mrs Allyson appreciated sincerely.

"Don't mention ma." She said with a smile.

She turn to Annabella who has been staring at her since her father introduced her as her mother best friend and the woman she talks to on the phone.

"Hey Anna, your mom told me you can play the piano and guitar" She said. The little girl nodded. "Will you play it for aunty?"

She look at her grandmother and then her father. He gave a cute smile.

She nodded and she ran to her room. She came back with her guitar.

She sat where she had been before and she position the guitar on her small lap.

And she began to play. She was playing a slow worship song. Then she sing and play. Her voice was so sweet.

Nathaniel couldn't help but to smile proudly. His daughter has become almost perfect with playing the guitar and her voice was soothing to the mind. He has not dream of learning how to play the guitar when he was her age.

He remembered he begin to learn how to play the guitar when he was in junior high school three from his choir master and mentor. And he got his personal guitar a year and half later.

He was so proud of her and even if it was just for a few minutes, he seem to forget about his problem.

******

Tobi stare at her self in the mirror in the toilet. Her face was swollen and her eyes red from tears. Her hair was rough. She was still carrying the hair she made the week before her daughter birthday.

She refused to let phoebe touch her hair.

It has been three weeks since she knew her father was holding her hostage and won't let her go because he don't want her to return to Nathaniel.

She had not talk with any of her family. Her mother had tried to convince her to understand. She wasn't really happy with what her husband did but she wasn't against it also. Because she has daughter.

Her sister had pretend to care at first but when she didn't give her reply to her chat and small talk, she had turn angry and told her she wasn't going to let her return to her old life and she will make sure of it.

She want her to accept the life she was never going to be happy living.

She didn't visit her after her outburst two weeks ago. She was sure she has been going around shopping and enjoying views and making new friends since that was what she was good at.

She place her hand on her stomach. It was rounded and has begin to become visible.

Fresh tears roll down her cheek. She was sad and glad at the same time when phoebe told she was pregnant. She had not believe her, so she requested for a pregnancy text which she didn't hesitate to give her.

"I haven't told your parents but what do you plan to do?" Phoebe asked, concern lace her voice.

"I want to keep my baby. It's Nathaniel baby. Please help me."

"I can't do much. You have to fight for your baby because i don't think your family will be so happy with it." Phoebe advice.

She nodded touching her belly. "I know but how am i going to fight for my baby. I have no where to go and my father can be very mean."

"I don't know." She said defeated.

She nod sadly "Thanks for the concern Phoebe. I will think about what to do." Toun said looking away to hide the tears that was threatening to fall. She had never feel so powerless and confused.

It was going to be hard to convince her father. She knew how much he hate Nathaniel and the baby she was carrying was his which he will never accept.

She wash her face with cold water and she was ready to face her parents. She asked Phoebe to tell her parents about her pregnancy.

Although her father had gone for a business trip and he was returning that day but her mother would have called and told him about it. She was not good at hiding things from him and she was probably not happy with it too since she hasn't come to see her.

She walk out of the bathroom and she was surprised to see the faces staring hard at the entrance to the bathroom. They had been waiting for her to come out.

******

THIS IS ANOTHER CHAPTER OF UNBREAKEABLE BOND. I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE CAST YOUR SUGGESTIONS, THERE MEANS A LOT.

AND THANKS TO ALL WHO VOTED. I'M GRATEFUL.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

😍😍😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 4.8K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
23.6K 4.1K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
15.1K 3.3K 54
It has been nearly a year since Funmilola's disappearance and buried secrets were unearthed that shook her parent's marriage. Derek Olanrewaju arrive...
33.7K 9.4K 55
Demi wanted to be away from all the demons in high school as soon as possible till he met her... Oluwademilade Oriladewa is the finest of them all wi...