Anthony's Angel ✓

By QuinnCatcher

"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side." More

Dangerous Men Series Information
Introducing Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
Anthony's Angel
0. Book 1: Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
I. My Prince Smile
II. Separation
III. illegal Flirting
IV. Triplets
V. Merciless
VI. Endurance
VII. Wine and Dine
Role of a Big Sister (Part I)
Role of a Big Sister (Part II)
VIII. Devil's Proposal
IX. Sealing the Deal with a Kiss
X. Contract of Marriage
XI. Be Aggressive
XII. Seducing an Angel
XIII. Jellyfish
XIV. Fxxx Me
XV. Panties Wetter
XVI. First Night
XVII. The Wedding Part I
XVIII. The Wedding Part II
XIX. The Realization
XX. Minnie Mouse
XXI. The Trap
XXII. The Italian Mafia
XXIII. Clean Slate
XXIV. Alexander Kuznetsov
XXV. Pretty Little Thing
XXVI. Submissive Woman
XXVII. Punish You
XXVIII. The Big Apple
XXIX. Sugar Daddy
XXX. How Far
XXXI. Massive Tent
XXXII. Intelligent Responses
XXXIII. Don't Break
XXXIV. Influential Families
XXXV. Nasty Note
XXXVI. His Smile is Contagious
XXXVII. This is Not Real
XXXVIII. Mouth of a Seducer
XXXIV. A Little Saucy
XL. The Bully
XLI. Fake it till You Make it
XLII. Gold Digger
XLIII. No Tears
XLIV. Ocean Rich
XLV. Bite Me
XLVI. Nostalgia
XLVII. Good Stalking Habits
XLVIII. Broccoli
XLIX. Elaborate for Me
L. Crybaby
LI. Foreplay
LII. My Husband
LIII. Someone Like Him
LIV. A Sense of Familiarity
author's note
Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
0. Book 2: Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
I. Against all Odds
II. I'm but a Child
III. Memories of Me
IV. Happily Ever After
V. Mrs.Maranzano
VII. I'm Miserable
VIII. A Storm
IX. Stefano De Luca
X. Husband's Acceptance
XI. Hating the Rival
XII. Raw Sushi
XIII. Disappointment
XIV. That Brat
XV. Defilement
author's note

VI. Owie. Owie. Go Away

2.5K 141 19
By QuinnCatcher

Taking over the seat is something I never considered doing.

Yes, I married Anthony and I am entitled to be called Mrs.Maranzano. However, everything is only by title. I hold no actual power inside the mafia.

None. Nada. Zippo.

Now, this crazy lady who I barely know is telling me to take over?

"I-Is there any other way?"

There's a brief silence. "I thought you said you'd do anything. Is this the extension of your affection for your lover? Honestly, I'm quite disappointed. More in Anthony than you."

My hand grips tightly onto the bench. "I don't...Why would you-"

"Because I would've thought Anthony would've picked a stronger girl considering his position."

My body jolts upward capturing some attention from the guards. "And what about you? Would you-"

"In a heartbeat," she responds before I can finish. "If my lover is in danger. I would do anything for him."

My lips press thin, and the only thing I can think about is how cowardly I am. If I'm at risk, Anthony would do anything to save me. However, here I am, afraid to take a single step.

"If that's your limitation. Then, I guess we are done here," she said smoothly.

"I'll do it," I blurt out before my mind can fully progress the situation.

"Angel, why are you hiding at the edge of the room?" a deep voice rang. It's unfamiliar, but it feels as if I heard it before. I shake my head, trying to knock out the odd emotion. Ever since Anthony went missing, my dieting altered and I could barely eat. I can't sleep at night with the thought that someone may slam through the large white double doors and tell me that Anthony is gone.

I don't want him to be gone.

I want him beside me.

"I errrr...talking to a friend."

"Nina?"

"Were you always so invasive?" she snaps at the man. "God! Can't a woman get some space!" I hear a door slam.

"Antonio told me that Anthony's mother is with you. Go to her. She will teach you everything you need to know on how to be a cold-hearted ruthless killing bitch."

But, that's not what I want to be.

I can hear some knocking. "Angel! I'm sorry! Don't lock yourself inside the bathroom! You know I get worried when you get angry and stay there! I'll buy you more pickles!" His tone hints desperation.

"I want two jars!" she shouts, before returning to the phone. "I'll call you."

The line end.

I lower the phone wondering what happened.

Pressing my phone onto my lap, I swallow, pushing the event that occurred earlier aside. I am afraid of Anthony's mother and she doesn't seem to be too fond of me. Who am I kidding? She hates me.

Gripping tightly onto my phone, I take a step towards the mansion. Then, step back. Forward. Back. Forward. Back. Forward. Back.

"What exactly are you doing?" I turn my head to see Pietro standing beside me with an unlit cigarette between his lips. He places it between his fingers, motioning it downward.

"Pietro...Do you think there may be a small chance that Anthony's mother may like me?" Even if it is a very slim one, I am willing to take it. I will grab hold of what I can.

"Well considering how she hasn't killed you." The beating inside my chest increases. "I think she may somewhere deep down have some acceptance of you."

I release a breath of relief. "That's good-"

"Well, also considering that Anthony is probably still alive; that helps too."

"How she doesn't want me dead?"

He nods. "Yeah. Anthony probably feels more pain if you were dead than what he feels right now."

"How does he feel right now?" I whisper.

"Physical pain...alot of pain...Probably being tortured right now. He would most likely come back with a single arm. Maybe a scar over his face. That would be, what would Americans call it? Oh yeah, that would be co-"

I pass out.

"Wake up."

"I don't want to wake up," I grumble, rolling around the sheets.

"Wake up, mio cuore."

My lids crack, feeling the sunlight spilling into his eyes. He sat there, beside me with a large smile on his face. His cold thumb rushes across my cheek and I place my hand above it. "You're home," I whisper.

His chilly lip kisses my temple. "I'm sorry for taking so long mio cuore."

Steadily, I sat up, wrapping my arms around his body. "I miss you so much." My hands crunch against his shirt. "Please, don't leave me again. Please."

He pats my back. "I'm back now, aren't I?" he whispers into my ear. I nod furiously against his shoulder. "Now, why don't we go get something to eat? Lily told me you barely ate these days."

I smile and nod.

He kisses my cheek and stands up. "I'll wait for you downstairs," he said, heading towards the door.

He's back. He's finally home.

Wiping the tears off my back, I leaped off of the bed and got ready to spend the day with Anthony. I feel giddy, and I want to run, to shout, to dance around the mansion. I couldn't sit down, or stand still as I washed my face with water and rushed the brush down my hair. I inhale, attempting to calm down the tingly feeling but it only re-emerges.

I poke my head out of the bedroom and into the hallway. "Anthony!" I scream with a broad smile on my face. I step outward, the cold tiles underneath the pink slippers. "Anthony?" One step after another, I continue walking down the broad hallway. "M-Meatball?" I call the nickname I gave him. One which he forbid me to call him in public.

I swallow, feeling the heart rate accelerating and my mind swirled into a dark void. My stomach heaves, as the speed on my legs accelerates. "Anthony! Anthony!" I shout, feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks. One of the slippers kicked off of my foot, but I continued running. Steadily, my feet calm at the end of the hallway. A single hand grabs the gold doorknob, and I slowly twist it open.

I couldn't breathe, feeling as if someone was choking me. My heart raced, and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball. Instead, my legs gave out and I dropped to the cold tiles seeing Anthony's head lying on the table. "Oh my God. No. No. No! No! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!"

I began clawing my face, wanting to wake up from this nightmare; fearing its reality. "Anthony!" I cry out his name once more, cradling myself on the cold ground. "Anthony! Anthony! Anthony!"

"Ann! Ann! Angelica!" My eyes burst open, meeting a white ceiling and dimmed lights. My heart pounds against the ribcage and at any second, I feel as if it'll leap out. Steadily, my breath was calm as Lily helped me sit upward. "Are you okay?"

Taking a few blinks, the impact of drowsiness wraps around my brain and I groan. Placing a hand on my head, the blanket dropped down and the AC rushed through the dampened clothes; ones that were drowning in sweat.

"I'm so sorry Ann," Pietro stands beside Lily who's glaring viciously at him. "I didn't mean to scare you like that! Anthony is okay! Still with all his limb and handsome face!"

Inhaling a sharp but shaky breath, I threw the rest of the blanket off and rushed out of the door. My legs were unsteady, feet slamming against the cleansed floors. Lily and Pietro were behind me, in a hot spat.

"I can't believe you would tell her that," she hisses lowly. "Ann, you need to get back in bed!"

My unsteady legs were still motioning down the hallway passing by the workers; who's eyes kept sternly on me as they halted their tasks.

"I didn't think she would pass out!" Pietro said hastily.

"Ann! Ann!" Lily tugged against my wet shirt. "Let's get back to bed. The doctor said you need more rest. Lay down and I'll make you something to eat," Lily pleaded.

When I reach the downstairs living room with Lily's help, knowing that I refuse to go back to bed; I hear sweet waves of laughter. My head pokes inside to see Laura sitting on the couch with Kevin and Bruce on both of her sides. "This is so cool!" Bruce said, pointing at the book she was holding and Kevin nodded eagerly.

"Do you two want it?"

Kevin and Bruce look up and smile. "Yes! I will save enough money for it!" Kevin shouts.

"Me too! Me too!" Bruce raises his hand.

"Nonna can get it for both of you," that word itself stunned everyone. I never expect Laura to call herself grandma, particularly to my younger brothers.

Bruce shakes his head. "No, I want to buy it with my own money."

Kevin nods along. "Sorelle piu grandi and fratelli maggiori gave us enough," his Italian is getting better and better each day; to the point that it was getting scary.

"So, nonna hasn't been giving you two enough?" there's a hint of teasing in Laura's voice.

Quickly, Kevin and Bruce shake their heads and little hands. "No! No! Nonna gave Bruce a lot."

"Nonna loves Kevin and Bruce. We are happy that you are here," Kevin poured more butter into the platter. I want to applaud them; their kiss-up game is strong. It seems that out of all the boys, Kevin and Bruce are the closest to Laura. I'm not sure why, but they like being around her.

Laura smiled, once which I had never seen before. "You two are such good children," she said softly; patting their heads.

The door creaks open and Laura turns her head. "Sorelle piu grandi!" they shout, rushing towards Lily and me.

Bruce tugged on my shirt. "Are you okay? Lily said you weren't feeling well so you can't play with us."

I smile, running my fingers down his dark hair. "I'm fine Bruce. Just a bit of a cold."

Bruce takes off his jacket and hands it to me. I tilt my head in confusion until he began patting my cheek. "Owie. Owie. Go away," I look down to see blood on his jacket.

My left eye twitches and look at the mirror on the wall to see the claw marks on my cheeks. I noticed how there was blood on my nails.

"When is fratello maggiore Anthony coming home?" Kevin questioned, making me turn back towards him.

I gave him a light smile. "Soon." I hope. "Boys, why don't you go outside and play? I need to talk to your noona." I turned towards Lily and Pietro. "Can you take them out?"

After a brief moment, she nods and takes the boys out with Pietro behind me. Inhaling a sharp breath, I closed the door behind me while Laura set the book down on the table in front of her. Her sharp, blue eyes thrust towards me as she crossed one leg above the other. There wasn't a single sound in the air, except for the momentary interruption of a maid opening the door; probably to clean the room. However, as soon as she opens the door, she immediately closes it.

Laura grabbed the pack of cigarettes on the table and lit one between her lips. She exhales the smoke, allowing it to travel in the air. Her eyes were so similar, exact replicas of Anthony. "What is it?"

"May I sit?" I ask.

Her lip curled upward, but it wasn't a happy type of smile; rather mocking. "This is your home. I am merely a guest. Why are you asking me?" Even when she says that this is my house, it is clear as day that if a stranger enters, they would think she is the owner.

"Can you help me?"

Her back motion away from the couch and she presses the cigarette down the ashtray. "With what?"

"Help me to be more like you...to be a true Maranzano."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 19.9K 56
"When you're mine, you're mine. I don't do that sharing shit love" 😏
11.9K 108 18
"I wanted you to leave the gang. Because of it you are in danger. And why you still here, conmigo?" He said softly on my ear. "Just because some dest...
7.3K 150 22
"You know how I'm in a mafia" "Ok?" "Want to join?" "Mafia?!?! Um no I work alone"
124K 6.4K 31
"I will take care of you. You're mine, y/n. I'm not like other men. I won't beat you for your mouth, or hurt you for your anger. No, I'm going to fuc...