Our Celestial Wedding: Life W...

By Ghost_writers_

Wedding: A marriage ceremony, especially considered as including the associated celebrations. Celestial:... More

Life With The Ex: About Book.
Life With The Ex, One: The Beginning.
Life With The Ex, Two: The Wedding.
Life With The Ex, Three: Family Misunderstanding.
Life With The Ex, Four: Complains.
Life With The Ex: Authors note.
Life With The Ex, Five: The Grand Arrival.
Life With The Ex, Six: Photoshoots.
Life With The Ex, Seven: Meeting Her Again.
Life With The Ex, Eight: Apologies Or Bribes?
Life With The Ex, Nine: The Beginning Of Hypocrisy.
Life With The Ex, Ten: Getting Over Her (Flashback).
Life With The Ex, Twelve: It's No Longer Just Us.
Life With The Ex, Thirteen: The Beginning Of The End.
Life With The Ex, Fourteen: The Beginning Of The End 2.
Life With The Ex, Fifteen: The Beginning Of The End 3.
Life With The Ex, Sixteen: Not Coming.
Life With The Ex, Seventeen: The Escape.
Life With The Ex, Eighteen: No More Hope.
Life With The Ex, Nineteen: Back For The Wedding.
Life With The Ex, Twenty: 3 Isn't Just A Number....Not For Me.
*Declaring War* TMT Peek.
Life With The Ex, Twenty One: Meeting Her Again.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Two: Back Together.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Three: The Papers.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Four: Finding Out.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Five: Done!
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Six: On A Loop!
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Seven: Unbelievable.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Eight: Forgotten.
Life With The Ex, Twenty-Nine: Victory!
Twisted! New!
Author's Note.

Life With The Ex, Eleven: The Job Offer.

1.4K 164 1
By Ghost_writers_

   "You're the pedophile" she says to Hashim.
"Me? Pedophile?" He asks.

"Yeah. You and I started dating when I was 17....so you are a pedo" she says laughing.
"Wait How did asking you to send my daughter's picture end up with being called a pedophile, which I'm not "

"You said I was dating an old man. Which by the way is you"
"And so I'm a pedo?"
"I was 17 and underaged".

"You had the body of a 23year old".
"Well...I'm presently 23".

"Yeah. Since then your body hasn't changed except the rapid growth of your breasts which I like by the way".
"Well they aren't for you, their for my baby".

"Well they were mine first"
"Whatever".

She sends him the picture.

"Well I can share since she is so cute" he says giving Anisa a peck on her cheek.

"I asked for a break tomorrow".
"Really? Why?" He asks.

"I want to go see Ammi and su Fatima"
"Really? That's good. I have a wedding in Gusau tomorrow anyway".

"When are you coming back?" She asks.
"In two days"

Her mind drifts off to Muhibba but just pushed it away not to ruin the moment.
"You Okay?" He asks.

"You know what....I think I'll just stay home tomorrow"
"Okay"

:

Nafisa was lying down on the carpet in her bedroom watching Episode 3 of Game of thrones (Season 8). Suddenly someone knocks on her door.

"Come in" She says.
Muhibba slowly opens the door.

"Sorry to disturb you but I need to borrow your scissors"
"It's inside my closet"

"Where is it?"
"It's a walk in closet"

"Oh ".

"That door" she said pointing at it.
She opens the door.

"That shelf joined with my mirror, you'll see a big white Chanel box, I think I put it in there last".

She checks it but doesn't find anything.
"It's not here"

"Check the other side where I keep my night gowns. You'll see a black Chanel box, it must be inside that one"
She opens it and finds it.

    "Here it is. Thank you"
She doesn't say anything back.
    "Do you mind if I join you? Now that Hashim isn't around I don't have anyone to talk to "

She looks at her slightly irritated.
"Why not Isn't that what you always do?"

Muhibba seats on the floor beside Nafisa. She picks up a folder on the nightstand. She opens it and sees Nafisa's decorations.

"It's beautiful".
"Thanks"

  "Is it in the same house?"
"Yeah it is".

"Hashim told me you have worked on alot of Nigerian and Ghanaian celebrities's houses".

"Yeah. It's nothing special".

"For you it isn't. Come on How can it not? Of course it's special. You met them all".

"I have but does it change the fact that I'm living in my husband's house with his ex?"

"That isn't my fault, he wanted me here"
"Come on Muhibba, I'm married to Hashim I know how easy it is to manipulate him".

"Then why didn't you tell him?"
"Because he will never admit he was manipulated".

"Exactly Nafisa. You can't do anything about it".
"I could tell him to choose his EX or his wife and daughter, we both know who he'd choose in an instant" Nafisa says and smiles. She could tell that what she had just said angered Muhibba, she was boiling with rage.

"Excuse me" Muhibba walks out.

Her smile fades away. She wasn't even sure he'd choose her and Anisa over Muhibba even if he said it she wouldn't believe him.
She sighs in exasperation and continues watching.
She couldn't understand how Hashim could have fallen in love with a fiendish and malevolent person like Muhibba.

:

"How unlucky....the girl doesn't even look like you" Hanan, Nafisa's sister in-law says.
"Haha.....very funny" Nafisa says back sarcastically.
She decided to come over and see Kabir but unfortunately he had to attend a meeting so she decided to hang out with her sister-inlaw for the meantime.
     "But she has your nose, Definitely"

"Thank you so much, that makes me feel a lot better" She replies sarcastically.

"What's with the sarcasm today?" Hanan asks laughing.

"She might look like you when she gets older. But honestly I have to say she is rocking the camo, she looks cute"

"Thank you but you have to admit that her mama's sense of style is just out of control".

"Yeah. I have seen your photoshoots on Kabir's phone. He told me you sent them to your 'family group' koh?"

"Yeah. If you want I will happily take pictures of my little chubby niece too"

"Really? She's asleep ammah"

"It actually doesn't change a thing for me"

After minutes of preparation she finally took Asiya a picture.

"OMG!! My baby girl looks soooo cute"

"I know, I'm a professional in baby photography"

"You actually are"
Just then Kabir comes in.

"I was not expecting to see my little sister here. When I saw your car parked outside I just thought maybe, miraculously my sister remembers my existence"
Kabir says flashing his teeth.

"Well I thought I should see my brother and how he's doing. Although now I feel very short standing between you two"
    Kabir is 6'4 while Hanan is 5'10. And she could tell her niece was not going to fall behind, she might be even taller than her father, maybe.

"So....what brings you here? I heard from Zahraddeen that you have been visiting a lot more now. I know I should be happy but I'm worried, you loved staying at home. Ammi and baba wouldn't see you for weeks and now every week you go visiting....Nafisa? Is there something you aren't telling me?"

"Haba Hamma, there is nothing I haven't told you" she lies.

"I know you well enough to say that you are not telling the truth".

"Seriously....I'm fine fah".

"Whatever happens don't forget you have your family.....and we will always love and cherish you even if things don't work out".

    She knew he was talking about her marriage to Hashim. He and Hashim only talked and took each other's shit because of her. Of course he'd be the first person to tell her it's fine to get a divorce but now they have a child to think of too. She couldn't just divorce him....yet.

:

Picking up Anisa, she closes the door of her car and walks in.
Low and behold! Hashim was lying down in the main living room watching End Game.
    "Hashim?" She calls him.
He gets up abruptly and walks over. He gives her a hug trying not to crush Anisa, who Nafisa still held in her arms.
"Is this my little soldier?" He says playfully to Anisa.
She just laughs, excitedly.

He slowly takes her from Nafisa and sits back down. She sits next to him.
"I thought you were coming back next week"

"Change of plans" he says smiling at her.
"What about your car? Why isn't it outside?"

"I left it at Sadiq's House in Abuja. I took the train just like you always begged me to"

"Have you eaten?"
"Nope I haven't"

"What about Muhibba?" She asks.
"She went for an interview"

"Which interview kumah? When?"
"Well yesterday she told me about the conversation you had and she said she wants a job....at your company"

"Wait? She wants to work in the same place as I do?"
"Yeah....that's why I got her an interview there"

She gets up. Boiling with anger. She looked like she was about to smother him to death.
    "Hell NO! You can't do that to me"

"What do you mean?" He asks looking confused "it's just a job"
"Oh no! Not to me! I see her face everyday in my house and now you want me to work with her too? You might be the boss at home but not at work".

He stands hovering over her small and chubby figure "Come on Nafisa, you're exaggerating. Think about it...if she gets a job you don't have to see her everyday"

"Don't think you can convince me. We both know baba and the owner of the company have been friends since childhood and my brother is married to his daughter—"she starts talking but he cuts her off.
"—What does that have to do with anything?" He asks.

"Either you get her another job or I humiliate her and get her fired, choose" she says grabbing Anisa from his grasp and walking upstairs.

"God! She wasn't like this when she was pregnant and had those hormones and serious mood swings, maybe it's the breastfeeding that has been messing with her head, she used to be so patient...Like they say nothing lasts forever" He says before lying back down.

:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 15K 39
"Who says your life ends only when your heart stops? It ends even when there's a celebration around you." A marriage. To a man who had saved my pare...
2.8M 79.7K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
403K 21.9K 64
#1 Mistakes - 07.07.18 #3 Spiritual - 19.06.18 #1 Mistakes - 27.08.18 #1 Mistakes - 16.10.18 #3 Inspirational - 26.10.18 #1 Inspirational- 10.11.18 #...
27.8K 2.3K 45
NOTE : It's a sequel to "Lost" and cannot be read as a standalone. ● ♡ ● "Are there any stars?" She inqui...