BMC Oneshots

By Kaetbab

oof this was supposed to be a story but then I got like 50 million ideas for a oneshot book so have this inst... More

Gotta Bite?
S-Squip?? Pt. 1
S-Squip? Pt. 2
Requiem
Ghosthunters Pt. 1
Ghosthunters Pt. 2
Ouch Pt.1
Cursed
A Small Mishap
Gotta Bite (An extra)
Frozen Yogurt
Unrequited Love
Nighttime Troubles
Unrequited Love PT. 2
Sleep Please
Well...
Naps and Giggles
Guardian Angel PT.1
Hanahaki
Guardian Angel PT.2
Ouch PT.2
Mamas and Papas
tagged #1
tagged #2
Patches
Another Mishap
Blind Bois
Cellphones and Flowers
tagged again? holy shit
You Can't Just Act Like Nothing Happened
A New Layer of Destruction
Hangout Time
Passed Out
Hiss Hiss Bitch
Feelings?? What are Those??
Hoods and Hides
Sides, Trust, and Issues
It'll All Be Okay
In Tune/Off Tune
okay so
She?? P1
oKay sO
Electric Currents P.1
Fallen Down
She?? P.2
So Long PT. 1(?)
Dance Along
Unlikely Pair
Legends and Quests
Tree of Death
Electric Currents P.2
Trust Issues
Re-Established
Braces
"Again?"
Tick Tick
Tick Tick P.2
Brains and Plants??
Wolf's Insanity
The Ballad of Jeremy Heere (1/8)
The Ballad of Jeremy Heere (2/8)
The Ballad of Jeremy Heere (3/8)
The Ballad of Jeremy Heere (4/8)
Healing takes Time

Fighting Your Battles

105 9 6
By Kaetbab

Wow look at me trying to be frequent, I need to write the 2nd part of a different oneshot I enjoyed writing heck

Update: lol I failed that testing kicked my ass but I'm free now

In your cliche hero story, normally a higher deity sends a "hero" to go face the antagonist, yes? Well, this story takes place in this cliche, only with a twist.

The higher deities, known as Jeremy and the SQUIP had been quiet for decades. Many questioned what happened to them until suddenly, Jeremy spoke, sending 2 kids no older than 10 on a quest to the deep depths of the caverns to "get rid of" 2 villains that had been torturing the kingdom...as Jeremy claimed.

And that, my readers, is how our story begins.

~•~

"Do we have to go Rich?" Michael, maybe 4, asked his older "brother". They weren't blood related, no, but the Mells had taken Rich in with no hesitation after they found him wandering the streets of the big city Quatrome.

"Yes Mikey, now come along and pack your food bag, you know how hungry you can get on the road," Rich, maybe 9, spoke, motioning to the cabinet of snacks the family kept.

Michael nodded and got another satchel, beginning to fill it with his and Rich's favorite snacks.

Their mothers, Mikayla and Audrey came down the stairs, teary eyed as they watched their sons pack.

They were against the whole situation and were bitter against the higher deities, but what could they do?

When they had finished packing, Audrey came forward and gave them both a tight embrace, not wanting to let go. She only reluctantly pulled away when Mikayla tapped her shoulder.

Mikayla kissed their foreheads, placing a gold necklace around each of their necks for good luck.

"Be safe you two, we love you," Mikayla murmured quietly.

"Love you too mama!" Michael smiled and hugged her leg, clinging on tightly.

Rich rolled his eyes and smiled, hugging Audrey.

Eventually, they let go and Rich took Michael's hand. With their bags, they departed their home and to the caverns.

At the edge of the small village, however, the two were stopped as glimmering appeared in front of them, then morphing into Jeremy and SQUIP.

The two deities raised an eyebrow at the two, watching as they bowed deeply in front of them.

"Okay, enough of that," Jeremy dismissed with the wave of his hand and Rich and Michael straightened up, looking between him and SQUIP in awe.

"We came here to personally wish you luck on your quest. We also came to gift you two these," SQUIP spoke coldly, though softened slightly as he held out his hands, letting a bronze sword form in one and dual daggers in the other.

Rich was handed the sword and he looked it over as Michael was handed the daggers.

Michael looked confused as his eyes glazed over slightly, a hue of light blue forming. "These remind me of...joysticks?" The thought made a headache flare up and both he and Jeremy flinched.

"...joy what-?" Rich started but was cut off by SQUIP.

"You must be on your way, those villains are extremely dangerous and will stop at nothing to make sure they get their way. We wish you the greatest luck."

Michael blinked, the haziness fading out. "Thank you very much for the gifts, they're really cool!" Michael grinned, watching as the two daggers morphed into little rings in his fingers as he took Rich's hand.

Jeremy nodded, smiling fondly at the two, however his eyes held a small, but slightly noticeable layer of sadness in them. "Look away, don't want our little heros blind now, do we?"

Rich nodded and covered Michael's eyes looking away himself as he heard a zap of lightning and through his closer eyes felt the light that came from the deities.

"C'mon Micha, let's go," Rich took Michael's hand and they continued on their path to the caverns.

~•~

After travelling a few hours, they reached the mouth of the main cave, exhausted.

"Can we set camp now Richie, I'm tired," Michael mumbled, wandering ahead.

"Yeah we can Mikey, don't go to far out there, okay?" Rich followed, not trying much to keep sight of his little brother.

It was then that Rich blinked, slightly more aware but before he could call out for Michael, there was a shriek that seemed to get quieter before cutting out completely.

Rich ran forward blindly, and in hindsight, that was simultaneously his best and worst idea yet.

"Mik-" Rich felt something from behind shove him in the hole that would've most definetly fallen into himself.

His instinct was to scream, but instead, he gripped his bags, hoping Michael had done the same.

He finally hit the ground and felt around him, a wave of dizziness taking over.

"R-Rich?" Michael's scared voice came from next to him. Rich shook off what dizziness he could and sat up, rubbing his head.

"I'm here Mikey, sit still.."

"O-okay...I can't see anything. I think I lost my glasses.."

Okay, problem one, ableit an easy one.

Rich felt around, his fingers eventually wrapping around the small frames of Michael's glasses.

"I found them...come towards my voice," Rich then contiuned mumbling loud enough for Michael to hear, keeping quiet at the fact that his vision had been decreased significantly, almost as bad as Michael's.

Finally, Rich felt a small hand on his arm and he immediately pulled Michael into a hug.

"You still have your things..?" Rich murmured, silently checking the best he could for any injuries.

"Mhm, I held onto them the best I could."

"Good job Mikey, maybe we'll set up a little camp a bit ahead, y'know, so that no one falls on us."

"Like someone squishing an ant?" Michael asked curiously, slipping his glasses on and looking around.

"Exactly, now come on.." Rich got up and took Michael's hand, confirmed he had all their bags before continuing forward once more, his need for sleep temporarily stumped.

~•~

After a good week of talking, training (though quite minimal, seeing as they were quite young), and playing a lot of games, the duo packed up their items and contiuned forward.

Almost immediately Rich wondered why Jeremy and SQUIP would send someone as young as them to kill two supposed villains.

His first red flag was the amount of traps. Rich took a great deal of damage making sure to protect Michael from getting too hurt, though his aim wasn't always perfect and Michael ended up getting slightly hurt in the process.

That was also the day Rich learned that maybe there was a reason they were sent.

After getting through one gruesome trap, Rich had collapsed on the ground, barely conscious and startling the 4 year old.

"Rich? Richie?!" Michael quickly scampered over to him, slight panic in his movement.

He started shaking Rich, as any normal 4 year old would, repeatedly calling his name in hopes of waking his older brother up.

Michael panicked and immediately began to cry, finding it to be one of the better solutions. Unaware, his hands glowed a soft pink and Rich shot up, confused but very alert.

"Mikey?" Rich murmured, that being the only thing he could get out before being slammed in a hug by Michael.

"You meanie! S-scaring me like that!" Michael sobbed, clutching to Rich's shirt.

"Wh- sorry Mikey.." Rich was still confused, but knew better than to try and ask, knowing it would scare Michael more.

"Want me to carry you?" Rich asked and felt Michael nodded.

Rich smiled and stood up, holding Michael and their bags in tow. It was heavy, yes, but he could care less.

He pressed forward, new determination in his stride.

~•~

Rich was screwed. Completely, royally screwed.

He'd lost Michael, who had been separated after a close call with a monster (yeah, monsters.)

Rich had no choice but to keep looking, gripping his sword as he walked up the path to what seemed to be 2 grand doors.

As he got closer, he noticed they were slightly ajar, as if someone had just opened them. Michael.

Rich sprinted the rest of the way to the door, going to shove it open but someone beat him to it.

The door opened and a tall man stepped out, his dark complexion seemingly glowing against the cool metal of his armor. He was most definetly taller than Rich, with piercing brown/gold eyes staring down at him.

"So, the hero's finally arrive to de- what?" Clearly, the giant wasn't expecting tiny 9 year old Rich to be the "hero".

"They seriously sent a kid here? Yet we're called the villains," the giant grumbled to himself, unaware of how badly Rich was shaking.

"Jake, what are you complaining about now?" Another voice sounded, more feminine.

"They sent kids to fight their battles Brooke! Kids!" The giant, presumably Jake, responded bitterly.

"I-I...I came h-here to fight y-you," Rich spoke, trembling as he held his sword up.

A female with long, blonde hair and grey (gray?) eyes poked her head out, looking at Rich then back at Jake.

"Gods, you've scared him. You already scared the other one, can't you be less threatening?"

'Other one?'

"But Broooookie!" Jake whined, pouting. "Being scary is fun!"

"Not when you're scaring the sh- heck out of these little kids!"

Rich felt the sword grow heavy in his hands, and tears rolled down his cheeks.

He had already lost Michael and was probably about to be killed by these 2 giants of a human! How careless could he be?

He barely realized he had dropped the sword and was full on sobbing now, absolutely terrified.

He heard a 'POP' and footsteps, before being gently embraced in a hug. Rich was quick to return the hug, sobbing into the person's shirt.

"Hey it's okay now...I'm assuming you're looking for someone?" It wss the female giant, Brooke. How had she become smaller? Rich didn't question it yet, hugs first, questions later.

"M-mhm..."

"Richie?" Rich froze, poking his head around Brooke to see Michael poking his head out from behind the doors.

"Mikey!" Rude as it was, Rich quickly shoved Brooke aside as gently as he could before taking off and embracing his little brother.

Michael giggled, happily hugging back.

Meanwhile, Jake had become small himself, striding to Brooke.

"You feel it too, don't you?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah...that's why they were sent. The deities are becoming anxious," Brooke grumbled darkly, as if glaring up at the skies that they didn't have the pleasure of viewing.

"Good, let them be. Teach them a lesson for sending kids here to let us do their dirty work," Jake growled.

Brooke nodded and picked up the items Rich dropped, walking up to the small duo.

"Now that you two are reunited, let's head inside. It isn't safe out here," she spoke softly, returning the items.

"How can we trust you? Mama says to never go in a strangers house.." Rich asked, holding Michael tighter.

"Its safe Richie! They're really nice! Brooke found me and brought me here to wait for you. Monster would've hurt me if she didn't!" Michael rambled happily.

Rich looked between Michael and Brooke/Jake before nodding slowly, heading through the doors.

"Curse the deities for their selfish actions," Brooke mumbled as she and Jake stepped inside, the doors shutting behind them.

Okay so, I've been dead for a good amount of time but I swear I'm not quitting! I have too many ideas to do that. Schools just been kicking my was repeatedly but finally I'm in the final stretch, granted next week I'll be swamped (except for Wednesday, go figure) so updates are slim for now.

However, whenever I DO get the chance to write, I will! Plus I'm trying to make my oneshots longer if I can so there's also that.

Thanks for those who have stuck around, I'll be back in full force soon, just you wait.

-Kaet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 8 14
Read the title it's self explanatory what these are about Lol :) Some of these will be smut, and some will be things like fluff etc. SO YEAH this i...
107K 3.6K 24
☾ phan oneshot book ☽ ☾note that i really don't like this book, so avoid cringe by not reading it lmao☽ ☾ completed ☽ ps ; thank everyone so much f...
3K 139 13
"𝐈 𝐯𝐨𝐰, 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡..." I wrote maybe 20 oneshots, but it was a while ago and I only like one so it's the only one...
20.6K 422 7
Oneshots of Pucca, full of fluff, so MUCH fluff, ig they're really made for that kind of story XD Yeah this oneshot is very short, but I really can't...