His Lie in April - 四月の彼の嘘 (Sh...

נכתב על ידי JohnnyGarfield

All of his life, Kousei Arima was a boy that was just about automatic as you could get when playing the piano... עוד

Our Story, Part I
Our Story, Part II
Our Story, Part III
Trouble Lies Ahead
Shell-Shocked
Kousei's Pain
Another Day, Another Chance
Stand By Me, Kaori
Hopeful/A Raging River
I Want to Believe
An Unlucky Day
Torn Up
The Day Sumiya Junior High Stood Still/A Father's Concern
Blurred/"Everything's On Fire!"
Still Hopeful/Kousei's Feelings
A Pianist's Motivation/Working His Way Back
The Power of Friendship
A Case of The Yips
A New Kousei/Shadows of the Past
My Moment is Here/A Pianist's Pity
Emi's Motivation/Freezing Up
"Will I Fall or Fly?"
"Hello, Hiroko"
Kousei's Epiphany
Disagreements/A Pep Talk/More Danger Ahead
Two Sinking Hearts
Drawn to Each Other in Spring
What's Missing/Speech Therapy
Mixed Emotions/I Can't Tell You Why
An Uphill Battle/Kaori's Side of Things
Nightmares of Yesterday
"Is This What I've Come To?"
A Heart-to-Heart Talk/The Best of Friends
Kousei's Fragile Head
All For One, and One For All
A Crystal Clear Destiny/The Ghost of His Mother
The Edge of a Dream
Losing His Touch
Lights Out
A Lost Soul/Metaphorical Trigger
Fading Away
Listless/Short-Circuiting
Desperate, Hopeless, Alone, and Unloved/Piano on the Beach
"It's All Gone....."
Beyond the Point of No Return
"I'm Waiting For You....."/Out of Hope, Out of Time
The Most Tragic Day/Empty Rooms
Picking Up the Pieces
Love Lives On
The Wind Beneath Our Wings (I)
The Wind Beneath Our Wings (II)
Breaking Point
On the Edge of the Bridge
A Chance Encounter, A New Beginning
"Remember Me"/"We Can Heal Together"
The Show Must Go On
Showtime/It All Comes Down To This
Forever and Ever
BONUS: Thought Process from the Author (SPOILERS)
BONUS: Gallery of Artwork! (Some Spoilers)
BONUS: Production Notes
BONUS: His Lie in April - The Soundtrack
BONUS: Locations!

A Father's Pride/Another Gift From Seiya

180 3 7
נכתב על ידי JohnnyGarfield

It was now a Sunday, and a fairly warm one at that. Takahiko, Kousei's father had come home temporarily, not just to check on his son, but as he had no other business trips at the moment. Yes, Takahiko was sort of a "free-range" father, but he had check on his son every now and then, because that's what a father has to do, look out for his own son.

Kousei woke up on his bed, his hair messier than usual, wearing his charcoal gray tank top and black biker shorts. His father then smiled at him as he came into his room.

"Hello, Kousei. You've been through a lot lately. How have you been?" Kousei smiled at his father and said "Well.... Let's just say I've been in quite a building process since the accident. I've had to see doctors every week to check on myself, both with my nerves and my foot, but I'm managing. They say I've come quite a way in my recovery, and that my blackouts were only temporary. I'm doing okay in that department, and I'm happy to say, I like my new foot. It may not be as good has having a real one, but this will do." 

Takahiko smiled at his son again and nodded. "Good to know, Kousei, my son. Need some help putting on the foot?" Kousei said "Sure, please." Takahiko then affixed his prosthetic foot on him, and Kousei was good to go. He stretched his body for a bit, and told his father "Takahiko, dad, I need some time to myself for a bit." 

He went out to the deck on his house and reflected on how his life had been since the accident. So.... This is what it feels like to be happy for once. It's a good feeling. My real left foot is history, but I feel good with my new one. This blond girl.... wow! She's really given me a big lift in life! She has got the purest of hearts, the happiest attitude.... She is my kind of gal! Even the light of my life! My whole world.... has changed for the better because of her! But, I don't want to tell Tsubaki about that, though..... and I don't want to let Watari down, either. Tsubaki and Watari have been a part of my life for so long, and I don't want them to abandon me!

Just then, his father came onto the deck, and Kousei stopped reflecting. His father had an egg sandwich and a UCC coffee can in hand. "Here, have this. This should make you happy." Kousei smiled and ate the food contently. "Thank you so much, dad." "Anytime, Kousei."

His father had very high hopes for him now. Despite the fact he'd never get his real left foot back again, given how his son was very happy, his father was happy as well. Kousei realized he had to see his friends. He didn't even bother changing into a different set of clothes; he still wore his tank top and shorts. 

"Dad, I gotta head out, I gotta see my friends." Takahiko waved goodbye to his son as he headed out. "See ya soon, son." Kousei began walking around. Takahiko also smiled, knowing that things would be alright in his world. "My son...... his future is a bright one. He's the pride of my life, even though Saki is gone....."

-----

Meanwhile, over at the Miyazono residence, Kaori spent the morning playing her Famicom again happily, wearing her Saskatchewan Roughrider jersey again. She was replaying the first Super Mario Bros. game. This time, she had completed the game to World 8-4, the last level and defeated Bowser for the 8th and final time. Kaori was happy. "Well.... I'm glad I beat that game. That took me quite a while!" 

She didn't bother playing the new world, so she turned off the Famicom, and went over the plastic box, looking for another game to play. She saw one that caught her eye. "Hmmm.... A Canadian Football League video game for the Famicom? I never knew there was one! I might play that one!" 

Just then, Ryoko, Kaori's mother, called her from the living room. "Kaori, dearie! You have another package from uncle Seiya!" Kaori turned off the TV and put the CFL video game aside temporarily so she could come over to her mother and take a look at the newest gift his uncle had for her. Ryoko presented her with a fairly big package. 

"It's a big one, dearie... your uncle Seiya really likes you. You also seem to be having a love for Canadian football lately, I've noticed..... you seem to be taking after uncle Seiya." Kaori then wanted to know "I wonder what he got me this time?" She opened the package slowly, and inside all the wrapping, was a CFL ball, made by Wilson, in its cardboard packaging. She looked in awe over it. 

"Whoa, mom! This is awesome.... a CFL game ball! This is the ball used by the league! This is amazing! Wow!" Just then, Ryoko pointed out an envelope containing a letter from uncle Seiya. "Read that, too, Kaori, dear." Kaori then read the letter. With it, was both a letter, and a schedule of CFL games to be broadcast on a Japanese radio station.

Hello, dearest Kaori!

Ryoko and Yoshiyuki (Author's Note: Kaori's father) have taken notice at the Saskatchewan Roughrider gifts I've given you this past year. I'm so freaking happy that you like the Rider shirts and the jersey!

Life has been alright in Vancouver, however hectic my work schedule has been, and the time zone differences between you and me. Ryoko and Yoshiyuki tell me you've been perfecting your art on the violin, which also makes me happy.

The CFL season is coming up later in May, and I thought to get you started on the season, you might like this. So, here it is: It's a CFL ball! I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of this new gift.

By the way, I saw you ate some poutine recently. I like that stuff; it may look weird, but it's tasty, Kaori. You've got a little bit of Canada in you now. 😊

Oh, and there is a radio station in Japan that will air CFL games this season; tune to the Japan World Sports Radio station on 86.7 FM in Tokyo. They will have quite a few games this season; it'll be their first year covering it. The games will air in the morning in your time, be advised, as they will start either in the afternoon or evening here in Canada. I've enclosed a schedule of those games and highlighted the ones where the Riders will be playing for you.

Well, I gotta go. Enjoy the ball and GO RIDERS! Talk to you soon, Kaori. You are my favorite niece, always remember that!

With love,

Seiya Miyazono

Ryoko smiled at her daughter, as she removed the football from its packaging. "I can tell you like that jersey, and now you have a ball to play with. I couldn't be happier for you, Kaori, darling." Kaori smiled at her mother. "Well, a musician like me has to have fun every now and then, right? And, wow, a radio station here in Japan is going to air CFL games this year! Wow! Oh, my, I can't wait to play with this football!"

Kaori then headed outside, elated over her new gift. Ryoko just said happily "My daughter.... I know she loves the violin, but she's right. She needs to have fun every now and then." As she headed out, Kaori said is she held the football "It's 1st and 10 at the 25 yard line, and the Riders are in striking range.... the quarterback throws, and it's caught by Kaori Miyazono! Touchdown, Riders!"

Kousei walked happily and came across Kaori, who, as she was wearing the green jersey again, was holding the ball, tossing it around, and even spinning it with her fingers. "Kaori? What's that?" He looked bemused over the ball that was in her hands. "Oh, this, Kousei? Why, it's a CFL ball that uncle Seiya got for me. I got in the mail yesterday, but my mom didn't tell me until just moments ago." Kousei smiled. "Wow, that's amazing. Your uncle Seiya must like you a lot." Kaori smiled, "Oh, yes. He knows about how much I like the CFL nowadays." Kousei said "That's really cool."

Tsubaki and Watari, walking around Tokyo, wore casual clothing as they talked about Kousei. Tsubaki said, "You know, a while ago, Kousei said he liked me. Kind of makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, ya know? I've noticed he's changed since the accident. I'm happy that such an incident won't stop him from fulfilling his dreams." Watari smiled "What a guy. From the depths of hell losing that foot to being happy about life today.... He's come a long way. I'm proud of him. That guy is going to go places." Just then, they came across Kaori and Kousei playing with the CFL ball.

Watari looked bemused at the two. "What are you two doing?" Kousei explained "Playing Canadian football, Watari, you dummy, what does it look like to you?" Tsubaki then took notice. "Well, count us in, Kousei, Kaori, you Two Stooges! Let us play, too!"

Kaori said, "Alright! Game on, my friends." The four then played game of pickup Canadian football for the rest of the afternoon. Kousei, Kaori, Tsubaki and Watari were having fun all together for the first time in a while, which made the newly-confident and happy Kousei even happier. Given that he could now move his left foot as good as his original one, he played with his three friends with such vigor.

As Ryoko and Yoshiyuki looked at the four playing mock football, Ryoko had noticed that her daughter's friends, Kousei, had come such a long way in a few weeks after his accident. "That Kousei Arima, Kaori's friend.... my goodness, he's a changed man. He used to be pretty sullen, silent and monotone, but our Kaori getting to know him has made a difference. He's happy, and I'm glad that she is friends with him." Yoshiyuki nodded with a smile. "He's a pretty talented guy..... so many people love him."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.4K 75 19
Description: Tendo has been struggling with body dysmorphia, depression and suicidal thoughts ever since he broke up, no, ran away from his abusive e...
2.5K 87 7
** I do not own Alice in Borderland or any of the characters. I only own Daigo Kana. That being said, this story roughly follows the timeline of the...
464 7 10
Short sad stories for Haikyu Angst Week 2023 _______________________________________________________________ NOTES: • Highschool / Timeskip / Post-Ti...
90.2K 1.7K 60
!TRIGGER WARNING! self harm, suicide, major angst, depression, eating disorder i'd recommend not reading this if you're under 13 or 14 just because o...