The Show Must Go On

Since Kaori had made a friend in Hiroko Seto, she would be the perfect coach for both Kaori and Keiko. All three were becoming fast friends, and Hiroko saw something magical in Keiko and Kaori. The pianist and violinist had to get ready for the big December competition, since it was now early October. The show had to go on for both of them.

MUSICAL NOTE: "The Show Must Go On" by Queen

Empty spaces, what are we living for?
Abandoned places, I guess we know the score
On and on, does anybody know what we are looking for?
Another hero, another mindless crime
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime
Hold the line, does anybody want to take it anymore?

At first, Kaori was somewhat hesitant to touch her violin again. She finally had the nerve to do so, and at first sounded rusty. Sometimes, it seemed like Kaori couldn't get her violin skills back. But with Hiroko and Keiko at her side, with each playing, it seemed like the Kaori of old had returned. On one playing, Kaori was like "What? Have I completely lost my touch for good?" Hiroko fired back with "No! Keep going..... you've got to get your fingers balanced on that bow, and hold your violin firmly!"

The show must go on
The show must go on
Yeah
Inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on

For Keiko, getting back on the piano was also a struggle for her. Slowly, but surely however, Hiroko Seto, who had known Kousei Arima so well, helped her get back her touch on the piano. With each passing day, it felt like everything that she had seen from Kousei was coming back to her. And that's what she wanted. "Keiko.... You sounded a little out of tune, maybe because you were playing so fast. Slow down!" Hiroko told Keiko. Keiko said "Alright, I'll slow down the pace."

Whatever happens, I'll leave it all to chance
Another heartache, another failed romance
On and on, does anybody know what we are living for?
I guess I'm learning (I'm learning), I must be warmer now
I'll soon be turning (turning, turning, turning), 'round the corner now
Outside the dawn is breaking
But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

As October progressed, both Kaori and Keiko were coaching each other, and giving motivational speeches to each other. Kaori said one day to Keiko, "You ever heard of the Canadian Football League's Grey Cup? That's the championship trophy and game held every November. The Grey Cup is won in November. We've got to give it our best, throw every pass, and hope it lands in the end zone!" Keiko said "You got it, Kaori! The Grey Cup is won in November, and we can win in December!" Hiroko said to the two "That's the spirit, you two! You are the last piece of each other's puzzle! You're becoming mighty!"

The show must go on
The show must go on (yeah yeah)
Ooh, inside my heart is breaking
My make-up may be flaking
But my smile still stays on

Yeah

Having Hiroko by their side proved to be a big boon to both Kaori and Keiko. Her motherly approach to everything was just what the two needed. As October ended, it seemed like both of their playing styles were meshing in well together; in fact, Keiko's piano playing was much like that of Kaori's playing of the violin: Free-flowing. And this really impressed each other, and Hiroko also approved of the two. They had something special together.

Hiroko said in awe as the two of them played together, "Wow.... I never thought you two free-spirited musicians could mesh well together..... you truly deserve each other. Keiko, Kaori..... you are going to be unstoppable now." As November approached, Kaori and Keiko had finally found their magic touches again. They were quickly becoming ready for December, when the Annual Japan Young Musician's Roundup would take place.

Ooh, I'll top the bill, I'll overkill
I have to find the will to carry on
(On with the show, on with the show)

Show (show must go on, go on)

As November ended, and both Keiko and Kaori had finally found their way again, Keiko briefed Kaori on what they would play. "It's Dvorak - Sonatina Op.100 1st movement, and I picked this only recently, only because I struggled to find what to play this whole time, Kaori." Kaori looked amazed. "Whoa.... something up-tempo. Given how my playing style is..... I think we can accomplish this together. It's taken us both a while, but I think we can manage. As I said once, the Grey Cup is won in November, and we can win in December." 

Keiko then asked, "By the way, how did you favorite Canadian football team, the Saskatchewan Roughriders do?" By this time, Keiko had become well aware of Kaori's love for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL. Kaori lamented "They didn't win the Grey Cup. They lost to the B.C. Lions in the West Final, and they won the cup. For the Riders, there's always next year. But not for us. We have one chance to prove ourselves, and as your new accompanist, this is also your only chance. Let's give it all that we have, give it our best, and make Kousei proud.... and make sure that this all reaches both him and his mother..... because I think he'll watch us from above.... which will give us a big lift." 

Keiko then said "You got it. This is our time.... our time to shine. Our time to make Kousei happy, and proud..... because you know he will be watching us every step of the way, as you say, from above." Kaori got out her fist. Keiko got out hers as well. "Alright, Keiko, let's do this. ALL FOR ONE, AND ONE FOR ALL!" Both girls then said, "ALL FOR ONE, AND ONE FOR ALL!" The two were now ready for the big show.