All of his life, Kousei Arima was a boy that was just about automatic as you could get when playing the piano. Then, one day, a free-spirited violinist comes into her life......
....but then, Kousei finds out his fate may be in jeopardy. What will become of Kaori? Tsubaki? Watari? And most importantly, Kousei's rivals? Will Kousei be able to express his feelings towards Kaori, and can she save Kousei from his hell before it is too late?
As you can tell, this is an alternate retelling of Your Lie in April. But the fates have been reversed (and before you ask, Kousei is the ill one, not Kaori, who is far from that in this story), which will make for quite a gripping, if not heart-wrenching story, maybe more so than the original.
Please note, I do not write fanfics often, but I feel this is a story the needs to be told. I do hope you enjoy this story, however.
"I met the girl under full-bloomed cherry blooms, and my fate has begun to change.....
.....but my fate may now be in jeopardy."
(BTW, the Japanese title substitutes one kanji for another. "Kimi" becomes "Kare".)
Your comments regarding this story are welcome (but please, NO rude or degrading comments). Enjoy! :D
First written January 2019, first published March 2019, completed June 2019
NOTE: The story is intended to be read as a theatrical film.
This story is now COMPLETE as of June 2, 2019.
UPDATE 8/20/2019: Added some info about a few locations in the story that are OUTSIDE of Nerima ward in Tokyo.
- Our Story, Part I
- Our Story, Part II
- Our Story, Part III
- Trouble Lies Ahead
- Kousei's Pain
- Another Day, Another Chance
- Stand By Me, Kaori
- Hopeful/A Raging River
- I Want to Believe
- An Unlucky Day
- Torn Up
- The Day Sumiya Junior High Stood Still/A Father's Concern
- Blurred/"Everything's On Fire!"
- Still Hopeful/Kousei's Feelings
- A Pianist's Motivation/Working His Way Back
- The Power of Friendship
- A Case of The Yips
- A New Kousei/Shadows of the Past
- My Moment is Here/A Pianist's Pity
- Emi's Motivation/Freezing Up
- "Will I Fall or Fly?"
- "Hello, Hiroko"
- Kousei's Epiphany
- A Father's Pride/Another Gift From Seiya
- Disagreements/A Pep Talk/More Danger Ahead
- Two Sinking Hearts
- Drawn to Each Other in Spring
- What's Missing/Speech Therapy
- Mixed Emotions/I Can't Tell You Why
- An Uphill Battle/Kaori's Side of Things
- Nightmares of Yesterday
- "Is This What I've Come To?"
- A Heart-to-Heart Talk/The Best of Friends
- Kousei's Fragile Head
- All For One, and One For All
- A Crystal Clear Destiny/The Ghost of His Mother
- The Edge of a Dream
- Losing His Touch
- Lights Out
- A Lost Soul/Metaphorical Trigger
- Fading Away
- Desperate, Hopeless, Alone, and Unloved/Piano on the Beach
- "It's All Gone....."
- Beyond the Point of No Return
- "I'm Waiting For You....."/Out of Hope, Out of Time
- The Most Tragic Day/Empty Rooms
- Picking Up the Pieces
- Love Lives On
- The Wind Beneath Our Wings (I)
- The Wind Beneath Our Wings (II)
- Breaking Point
- On the Edge of the Bridge
- A Chance Encounter, A New Beginning
- "Remember Me"/"We Can Heal Together"
- The Show Must Go On
- Showtime/It All Comes Down To This
- Forever and Ever
- BONUS: Thought Process from the Author (SPOILERS)
- BONUS: Gallery of Artwork! (Some Spoilers)
- BONUS: Production Notes
- BONUS: His Lie in April - The Soundtrack
- BONUS: Locations!