The Blind Bandit (DISCONTINUE...

By Ladywhite12

In a savage world ruled by the pursuit of the most delicious foods, it's either eat or be eaten! This is the... More

Chapter 1: A new day begins
Chapter 2: Kings and a chef
Chapter 3: Puffer Whale part 1
Chapter 4: Puffer Whale part 2
Chapter 5: Capture complete. A new danger emerges
Chapter 6: The Battle Wolf part 1
Chapter 7: The Battle Wolf part 2
Chapter 8: The Battle Wolf. Part 3
Chapter 9: The Regal Mammoth part 1. Meeting Sunny
Chapter 10: The Regal Mammoth part 2. Separation
Chapter 11: The Regal Mammoth part 3. An ally
Chapter 12: The Regal Mammoth part 4. Reunited
Chapter 13: The Regal Mammoth part 5. In the belly of the beast
Chapter 14: The Jewel Meat. Part 1
Chapter 15: The Jewel Meat. Part 2
Chapter 16: The Jewel Meat part 3
Chapter 17: BB Corn part 1
Chapter 18: BB Corn part 2
Chapter 19: Terry vs Plant Hell
Chapter 20: The BB Corn cooking process
Chapter 22: Welcome to Gourmet Town
Chapter 23: Gourmet National Treasure, Setsuno
Chapter 24: The Dining Hall. Legendary soup
Chapter 25: New region, Ice Hell
Chapter 26: Ice Hell part 1
Chapter 27: Ice Hell part 2
Chapter 28: Ice Hell part 3
Chapter 29: Ice Hell part 4
Chapter 30: Ice Hell part 5
Chapter 31: Ice Hell part 6
Chapter 32: The last drop part 1
Chapter 33: The last drop part 2
Chapter 34: The Country of Life
Chapter 35: The healing process
Chapter 36: The taste of the Century Soup
Chapter 37: Hope. God. And Toriko's sweet house.
Chapter 38: The IGO President
Chapter 39: The Ozone part 1
Chapter 40: The Ozone part 2
Chapter 41: The Ozone part 3
Chapter 42: Partners. Toriko's decision
Chapter 43: Toriko enters the Gourmet World
Chapter 44: Feelings Understood. A Broken Soul
Chapter 45: Melk the Sharpener part 1
Chapter 46: Melk the Sharpener part 2
Chapter 47: Melk the Second's Secret
Chapter 48: The Melk Stardust
Chapter 49: Gourmet Carriage. Zebra part 1
Chapter 50: Zebra part 2
Chapter 51: Zebra part 3
Chapter 52: Gourmet Pyramid part 1
Chapter 53: Gourmet Pyramid part 2

Chapter 21: Evolution. Toriko vs Grinpatch

355 7 14
By Ladywhite12

Toriko seemed to have decided on something, if that look on his face was any indication. The hunter whipped his head towards Terry, who was happily munching and shouted in an excited voice, "Terry! How is it?!" Judging by the way the young pup was eating the popcorn, Sarafina could honestly say that the pup had finally found something to her liking. Which was good cause she was worried that nothing would satisfy the wolf pup, unlike the hunter who devoured everything in sight. She was happy that Kururu wasn't that picky. Of course, she couldn't say that out loud.

Terry finished chewing long enough to give a happy woof. Tears of happiness began to pool in the hunter's eyes as he exclaimed happily, "Is it good?! Really?!" He reached up to wipe at his eyes before kneeling down and rubbed her head affectionally. "I'm glad Terry." A soft expression of happiness came upon his face as he continued to pet his companion. Whoa...she thought her heart was going to stop in its tracks at the touching moment. A soft expression of her own came on her face as the girl watched on with affection. Toriko really had a soft spot for the pup. An explosion was heard from somewhere behind them.

The group turned just in time to see a volcano erupt in the distance, spewing ash into the air as bits of lava fell. "A volcano erupted. That's just fine.." Toriko said, watching as the ash gently fell over onto the field of popcorn. "The Wul volcano's volcanic ash contains just the right amount of salt. What's more is that it is completely edible. It'll bring a popcorn spice." Sarafina said, looking forward to taste the popcorn now. Toriko looking up at the gently falling ash, the look of determination changing into a smug look. "It's really like even the volcano is giving us its blessing, Terry, Sarafina. And finding that it fits your palette... It's one more." Why the heck he was dragging this out was beyond her.

"The decision for the hors d'oeuvre.." Closing his eyes, Toriko imagined the BB corn going into the d'oeuvre slot in his menu, smiling in satisfaction. "This is appropriate for a stat...! For the whole course to seem delicious!" First he found his dessert option with Rainbow Fruit, and now Toriko found his hors d'oeuvre with BB Corn. He turned to the young wolf and gave her a hug. "Thank you Terry." Kururu jumped onto Sarafina's shoulder and the two nuzzled. Just as Sarafina stood up and was getting ready to say something, without warning, her world became blurred for a quick second before righting itself. Two things occurred to her right away: the first was the popcorn that had littered the entire ground and beyond was gone! But how?! Looking down at that made her jaw dropped in shock. And secondly, who the heck was standing in front of them? This guy wasn't like the ones from before. The power he had practically rolled off of him. Kururu growled at him and stood in front of Sarafina protectively.

He was a tall man with a muscular build and a hunchback. He also has four arms, each pair with a different skin-tone. He has two piercings on his neck, three on his chin, and a few on his second pair of arms. He has white eyes with a very big black iris, which makes his eyes look black. Each iris contains three white pupils adjacent to each other. He also has a large scar on the left side of his chest. His face, neck and original pair or arms have purple tattoos which resemble the pattern of the Devil Mosquito. He wears a bright green bandana with floral patterns. He also wears long, black pants and black shoes and also has a green sheath around his waist where he keeps an oversize straw that was half his size.

"Yu-m. BB corn." The man said, his voice reminding her of gravel. The guy turned to look at Terry and said, "Next is that dog and kitty. How bout I suck those up?" Ah hell no! He's not touching either Terry or Kururu and eating them! Wait did he say suck up? Is that how he ate all the popcorn? Terry quickly picked up Kururu with her mouth and jumped off the rock and bounded away from the stranger, who just as quickly got out the oversized straw from his belt and sucked, the motion making his stomach go in. She watched in shock as the young wolf pup and her kitten, who were quite far from the pillar, were suddenly lifted into the air and was literally sucked back towards him.

 "Terry! Kururu!" Sarafina yelled. "Knife!" Toriko shouted, catching the man's attention over to him just in time to see him barely bend the straw like object with his attack. 'I can't cut it?!' Toriko thought as he stared in shocked. The moment Toriko did his attack, the force that had Terry and Kururu released them, dropping them on to a nearby rock. 'I hope they're ok.' Sarafina thought as she watched the pup and little kitten shakily stand up.

Turning her attention back to Toriko a shiver went up her spine at the dark aura she felt, and the look he was giving the strange fellow in front of him. "You bastard.. Who the hell are you? Just freely devouring other people's popcorn..." The other man smiled, revealing his sharp black teeth. "I'll give you back your popcorn. Toriko." He said as his face suddenly bulged like a frog's and literally spewed, making Toriko and Sarafina to jump out of the way. Ugh. Disgusting! What made things even worse was the man literally sucked up his puke. Ugh...if any more blood drained from her face she's gonna pass out. 

Smiling the man said to Toriko, "Deli~cious foo~d. No matter how many times you eat it. If you don't savour it there's a loss ya know.~~" Only one word could actually describe all the feelings that were brought up inside her: Revolting. Toriko, who had the expression of "just what the heck is this guy?" wondered just who he was as the man sat down and continued talking. "BB corn... Ah yes. BB corn. I sent my pet to go fetch some but... Hihihi. It can't be helped really. He's got no sense of direction... Yeah... No sense of direction.. I think he should be back pretty soon.. Then I'll go home Toriko... Sarafina.. Hihihi." The hunters said nothing as he watched as a Magma Rat got the man's attention and her stomach dropped out as she watched him use his straw on it and literally sucked it dry until nothing was left.

"This is a good straw isn't it?" The man asked. "A giant mosquito called the "Devil Mosquito" I made this straw out of one's mouth... Hihihi...! It's got excellent flexibility and durability... But I really wondered if it would get cut apart before or not. Toriko...was that your Knife..? Hihihi... But that Starjun praised you. That's something really rare... It looks like you were really wondering if your arms would come off... Hihihi. I'd be glad if they had though."

The two hunters were caught off guard when the man mentioned that name. Starjun. The very one who Toriko had taken down and almost taken Sarafina back with him to whatever hole he crawled out from. "Starjun..." Toriko said. Sarafina narrowed her eye at the man. "You sound familiar with that name. That means you're with Gourmet Corp and..." She steadied herself as she continued. "Also means you're after me, aren't you?"

The man merely grinned as he spoke again. "In this case where they failed to capture the Regal something or other and you, my dear... The 6th Branch guys were responsible for it. He beat them all half to death, it seems... Hihihi, one new guy died. I heard, though but with that sort of thing, the head chef's anger is unending... cause it seems BOSS'S appetite is even bigger these days. The cooks can't keep up... Hihihi. After all... The broken GT Robos from that Regal Whatever... I got stuck with going to retrieve them."

Toriko and Sarafina glanced at each other awkwardly as they kept on continuing to hear this man speak. "It was my first time going to one of the IGO's gardens. It was fu~~n. There were lost of ingredients I'd never seen before, hihihi... But I didn't those two would be waiting there for me..." When he mentioned meeting up with Mansam and Shigematsu, Sarafina was momentarily worried that he must've fought them and was concerned if they were hurt. But luckily, upon seeing them, this guy let them take the robots and devoured all of the island's animals.

"But I was empty handed. So I couldn't go back to headquarters, so I thought I'd bring back the Regal Island's animals plus BB Corn to the boss as souvenirs.." The two hunters were silent for a few moments before he spoke, "You guys.. What on earth is your goal?" The man calmly reached into his pants and pulled out a bark similar to the one the giant hunter smokes. "A-... A stupid question.." He replied, pulling the straw thing up to put the bark at the end then proceeded to put it over the lava to light it.

The man took a deep puff from the straw as he answered the question, smoke streaming from his mouth as he talked, "Fuuuu... What we are aiming for is the ingredient called God." That seemed to have startled both Toriko and Sarafina a great deal. God? They're after God?! The one ingredient that stands above the rest?! "Every human is completely taken captive by that ingredient. It is said that if you obtain it. It is possible to rule the whole world. I wonder what taste it has~~. Hihihi."

"500 years ago... The legendary Gourmet Hunter who finished through all the world's foods, Acacia.. The one thing he pursued until his final years, the ingredient he finally discovered, god...! The discovery of god was what is said to have ushered in the gourmet era." Toriko explained, staring hard at the other man. "...Hou. You sure are well informed Toriko." The man said, taking yet another puff from his smoke. A small smirk formed on the giant man's lips. "Of course." Toriko lifted a hand and clenched his hand into fist in determination. "Because I decided "God" as the main dish of my full course...!" That got the man's and Sarafina's attention. "Hah. Is that so? Hihihihihi...! I think there are lots of Gourmet Hunters aiming for god but... Toriko. Have you heard this kinda rumour? Something said to occur only once every few hundred years. A gourmet solar eclipse. On the day this solar eclipse is visible, it's said to be the time god comes into action but...but it seems somehow there's a high possibility that the gourmet solar eclipse here can occur for a period of 1-2 years.." 

What? What does that mean? It can stay for that or it will occur in that time period? The hunter seemed just as surprised at the news as she was. "...What did you say..?" Toriko started but the other continued. "I heard some gourmet researchers and big name Gourmet Hunters have already started to move... Hihihi. Among them I heard there is a group of some retired people of true power... Probably because he's judged that the time of the eclipse is near.. Hihi. What about you, Sarafina...? Are you after God like everyone else...?" He grinned at her. "After all, you have to be. Out of all the Gourmet Hunters out there, you are the one who is beyond desperate to have it."

Sarafina's whole body tensed up when he said that. It didn't help that Toriko was staring at her in shock. Not of her seeking God, but they way that this man had said it made it sound as if she needed to have it no matter what the cost. Sarafina knew if he said anymore than that... She let out a shaky breath... She was going to kill him. She couldn't let Toriko know the truth. Fortunately for the man, he didn't say anything more. "But it's a pain for us who make his meals. Understand. Toriko? The Gourmet Age, which raised its newborn cry a few hundred years ago is now once again in full swing is now walking forward." 

After taking a final puff the man got an ominous look on his face. "By the way, Toriko. That you're also finally going for God means~ moreover. You're fated to be competing with us again. And Sarafina... as long as you exist and you're also seeking God, your fate is set in stone with us." The man stood up, his entire appearance changed into what could only be called intimidating. She surpassed a shiver once again. These people are freaking crazy.. "It'll be pain so how about we settle it while we have the chance? N?"

The hunter stared at him for a moment before slowly getting his demonic appearance and growled, "No problem, bastard..!" He better get the others away from them before the fight got started, "Terry! Kururu! Sarafina! Get a lot further away! Go!" The large man shouted at the others. Terry and Kururu, who were watching from afar, quickly bounded away. The blind woman gazed at the larger hunter with concern before she turned to leave, but before she could jumped off the rock they were on, Sarafina was suddenly struck in the back, she thought it was a ice pick or something like that, and felt it send high voltage electric shocks throughout her body. Causing her to scream in pain as she fell to the ground, twitching uncontrollably. 

Toriko's eyes widen in surprise and dismay when he saw her. "Sarafina! You bastard!" He growled as he glared daggers at the strange man. "You bastard, what the hell did you do to her!?" He shouted. The man only grinned nonchalantly and he calmly said, "I thought I told you. Her fate is already been set in stone with us. Meaning, that woman there is one we must obtain in order to move forward in out plans. True, she did stole from us... but her abilities defiles the very limits of imagination, and I can't just let an incredible power source like her just get away, you see."

Power source?! Toriko grew even more angrier that this bastard has basically called Sarafina an object. An object without will or emotions. It drove him mad. She was a person! She was someone who cherished freedom and held so much more honour than anyone he's ever met! She was his-!! Toriko wasn't going to let this guy take her away.

Bringing the straw thing up he rubbed his face against as his hands caressed it. "Hihihihi. Torikoo~~ How bout I suck up your hea~rt?" That couldn't be creepier if he tried. The hunter grinned as he did a hand mention, as if he was washing them, as he replied back, "What a huuuge mosquito...! I'll make you suck up something that'll really wake up you up!"

"Time to eat!" Toriko's opponent shouted as he brought the straw up to his mouth and prepared to use to his straw as the giant hunter shouted back, "Come! I'll give you something to suck up that disillusionment of yours!" Toriko's arm started to power up as he went, "10 combo.." Suddenly the man blew something threw the straw, causing it to bulge hugely then a split later spewed something at the hunter, who in turn quickly finished his attack. The force of the two attacks collided for a moment before it literally sent the two flying threw the air and onto separate pillars, both of which were flat on their backs. The attacks were of equal force? 'This guy wanted to breathe in the full discharge of my punch...' Toriko thought, shakily getting up. What the heck is that guy!

His heart stopped almost completely when he remembered the Blind Bandit, was still-! Toriko immediately got back on his feet and went to get to her side, he then looked down and saw Sarafina was down below them. The ice pick, that was once her back, was now removed and tossed aside. But that wasn't what made him stare in shock. What really did was the deep ocean blue colour aura swirling around her. What was that? For a brief moment, Toriko could've sworn he saw the transparent image of a woman next to her.

"Hihihihi. My "Breath Bazooka" is on a different level of power.. Dangergous~ Dangerous~.." His annoying voice brought back Toriko attention as he merely looked at his arm calmly, which shivered from the attack. He guessed due to the ten combo, he wouldn't be able to use his nail punch for a while. Probably the power of this enemy's sturgeon is equal to his? Toriko could easily determine that after such a confrontation...

For all that was going on, he was strangely calm, although he'd love to get a hit on the man who dared to hurt the young woman. Bastard... That guy...he's got some serious power. Enough so that even she couldn't sense it and not fight like before... like hell he'll let him take her from him... Even though there was no evidence of winning yet he did not feel defeated. That confidence was clearly caused by the jewel meat power up. 

"Hihihi. Torikoo~~ your weakness is range. Isn't it fitting?" The hunter's opponent taunted a bit as he picked up his weapon. "Which means if I attack you from this position~~ Hihihi. I subsequently get to swallow you slowly~~" Tch. That jerk was right on the money on that. He did have the range while Toriko did not. "Breath Gun!" All the hunter had time for was to acknowledge, barely, the attack and a shot nailed him in the shoulder. Breath Gun. A technique combining the man's impressive breath with the use of his, he shoots air bullets that move very quickly and are strong enough to easily tear through Toriko's flesh.

That bastard! Even at this range he can still use his breath?! What amazing lung capacity! Using less destructive power... he can accurately hit him several times! Growling deeply, the large hunter shouted over, "I'll show you superiority!" Making a motion with his arm, he sent something flying which nailed the guy in his shoulder, causing him to gape in surprise. The hunter got a sharp look in his eye as energy seemed to flow around his hand. A power up? What is this? Toriko didn't need to look down, he could feel it. It wasn't his imagination.. He couldn't see that guy from this distance. The nature of BB Corn wasn't meant for serious attacks. Up until now he's been using his weapons gently. He could feel something coming. Not only nail punch but the evolution of knife and fork!

"Like I thought," Toriko started as he lifted his left hand into the air, pointed in the direction of the man. "With the collaboration of autophagy plus Jewel Meat... It seems my cells were massively levelled-up..." Toriko said as the man stared at his shoulder in shock as he saw four punctured holes. "What... is this?" As he was momentarily distracted, Toriko had already set up his arm for his attack. He smirked cockily as he said, "See it for yourself with those weird compound eyes... Fork!" The man was astonished that his new attack had nailed him right in the stomach.

Toriko had now obtained two newest attacks. The Flying Fork and the Flying Knife! Because he consumed the Jewel Meat of an adult Regal Mammoth and the BB Corn, Toriko's Fork and Knife have now gained ranged attack capability, though currently they seem to be effective only at mid-range. 

"I think I'll name it "Flying Fork". I didn't expect it to pierce you at this range but..." The blue haired man smirked more. "Hehe. It reached you...!" His opponent looked over at him in disbelief, one of his bottom arms holding his stomach lightly. "Surprising... You actually fired fork.."

"While we're at it... How bout one more surprise?" He suddenly prepared his right hand for knife, surprising all there. So this is what they mean by levelling up. "Right now... It seems that with the giant BB Corn, I can suddenly do this." Toriko said as he sent his Knife attack flying. Toriko's Knife attack landed successfully, causing a huge gash on the man though it didn't look very deep. What is with that guy? He's gushing blood all over yet he's standing so calmly with a surprised look on his face. "It's still enough to cut thick skin but with this range.." Toriko said as his expression turned slightly demonic again. "I'll cut your life into two parts!"

The opponent stared at him for a moment then smiled creepy before sucking in all his blood, wound healing in seconds. Ok. He's officially creeped out now. Laughing creepily he wiped his mouth as he told Toriko, "As expected of Toriko~~ That it would be possible for you to use long range attacks." He looked down for a moment before continuing on. "But that you couldn't break the rock too. With that level of attack. You can't say you've overcame your Achilles heel. Your attack range. Eh-hhhhh." Bringing his weapon to his lips as he finished. "Different from that weak Air gun I'll show a missile." Missile?

Yeah, thats right... He couldn't deal damage with the current grade... He understood that already. What he was aiming for was something different.. It was to get closer to him. Toriko calmly watched the man's chest grew extremely large due to him sucking in air. "Take this Torikoo! Breath Bazooka's long range cannon! Breath Missile!" With that he sent his attack towards the large hunter, a huge impossibly large swirling mass of air. When the smoke cleared, the attack left a huge dent between him and where Toriko was standing. However, he didn't expect the blue-haired hunter to be standing right behind him with Sarafina on his back.

In a flash the two attacked, Toriko being the faster using his knife and literally cutting the rock in half and successfully cutting that strange weapon in half. The hunter smirked cockily as he spoke, "Fuu... Looks like I cut it somehow... That straw.." Toriko's opponent looked at his weapon in slight annoyance before replying, "You... How did you get behind me? The surface of the ground is 1200 degrees. Even so, you leapt through the rocks?" Grinning the hunter explained how he when he first shot knife with the remains of the Magma Rat left on the ground's surface he ripped the skin apart and scattered it. 

After that, he purposely provoked him, to get him to fire a more intense attack. Sure enough, he took a huge breath that confined his field of vision. During that opening the hunter went along the tops of the Magma Rat's skins to scoop Sarafina into his arms and up to him. Toriko grinned even more. "Although Knife and Fork evolved. I didn't expect tat I'd be able to damage you without getting close first."

His opponent stared at him for a moment before he bursted into laughter and said in congratulations, "As I'd expect from Toriko! Well done!" A strange sound came off the man and he made a face before taking something off his pants. "Whoopie..." The man looked at the object and got a look on his face. "What? Even though I'm in such a nice place I got a damn summons from the head chief."

"Ah?" Toriko went as the guy continued. "That's it for today Toriko. I need to get back to headquarters right away. That's right.. It looks like my pet got back too...finally.." Eh? Something slowly flew into view and his eyes widened. It was a gigantic insect beast with both the characteristics of an elephant and a beetle. Its main body is massive and beetle-like, having a large black carapace, two large wings on its back and two pairs of pincers on the sides of its head. Its head is small and is also covered by its carapace, except for its long elephant-like trunk which has bluish skin. It has eight giant legs that are also devoid of an exoskeleton, exposing their muscular blue skin, and rather than having elephant feet it has large red clawed feet with three claws on each foot. On its face it also has to small red eyes and a pair of tiny tusks. What's more was that it was carrying a huge cob of the bb corn. Eh?! Is that the thing that cut off that cob cleanly at the base?!

The guy leapt up onto his pet and sat down, calling down to Toriko, "Today was fun~~ Torikoo... hihihihihi. It was a good way to kill time until this guy, Jack, came back. Next time we meet.. I'll fight as much as I want, Hihihi. But for now, take care of that power source for us, would ya?"

"Ah, wait, damnit! Gimme back the BB Corn!" Toriko shouted up. "You cut apart my straw so...now we're even! See ya!" The man said back. "Even?! By the way, tell me your name, asshole!"

"My name is Grinpatch. The Gourmet Corp's vice head chef!" Was all he said before finally flying away. Grinpatch. Ugh... What a guy. Seeing something white over yonder and he turned to get a better look and saw Terry and Kururu. Both panting from either fear or from the run. Toriko looked at them for a moment as they jumped over to join him. He sighed in relief. Thank goodness Terry was alright... The hunter spoke softly to the wolf pup as he stroked her fur before readjusting himself and held Sarafina like a bride.

His expression soften even more when he stared at her face. She was breathing, that was a good sign, but he was still angry that Grinpatch guy called her a tool to use for their own advantage. It bothered him all lot to what he said afterwards. 'I have the feeling there was more he wanted to say but what? What is Gourmet Corp's angle? What is their goal with Sarafina?' Toriko wondered, deep in thought. Much as he wanted to dwell on the facts the only thing he could think of was getting her some medical help and quick!

"She's fine. The voltage may have ruptured her organs, but they weren't fatal. She's going to be physically weak for a while but she'll live... For now."

Toriko gasped when he heard a smooth, elegant woman's voice echoing through his head. What the-?! Where'd that voice come from?!

"Don't you dare disappoint me... Toriko." The voice threatened him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.1K 1.8K 29
You've always had a thing for Gojo, you are attending jujutsu training, your team is with Gojo, he is you're sensei as well as the rest. Knowing you...
619 19 2
this is in honor of hitting 100 followers. i can't be more thankful for each of you! i love you so much and thank you for the support! this will be a...
2.2K 31 14
Note-* I can never remember how old everyone is. So all characters have been aged up a bit." Warning. Lemons. You are the daughter of Jason. He expos...
15.8K 389 53
Co-writer: @Banunu ~Warm blood trickled down her shoulder while shielding him. There were spots onto the ground. Head hanging low from the recoil of...