Translucent #Billionaire Seri...

By Daisyinks

*STAND ALONE NOVEL* •NOTE Suitable for readers preferring slow, detailed and intense content. "I don't share... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chpater 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilouge

Chapter 35

37.1K 1.3K 136
By Daisyinks

Nevaeh POV

There are many things I felt disgusted about. As a child when I was growing up I hated lizards. My hate for them went beyond my physical loathe that's when I learnt what 'disgust' meant. I always thought it to be associated with creepy animals or places. Never people. As I started growing up I often would observe how hopeless human beings were. How dirty they have play and the sort of complications they create for themselves. And it's then that I learned that living breathing human population can also be disgusting. But what I never realised is the disgust directed towards your own self. Your own body. I now know what it feels. Hell.

My wet droplets hung on the edge of my curled lashes threatening to drop. My face was moisture less and pale. The cool breeze touched my dry cells making me shrink more into myself. I didn't know what to do. I caught a glimpse of my father looking dead at everyone  he interacted with and that somehow tore something inside of me. Guilt started eating me up. What was I doing with Terrence? How can I allow him to touch me so easily? How can even let him encourage the idea? Where did I go wrong! A man has to touch my soul, my emotions, my world before he physically touches me. I wanted love not lust. I wanted permanence not fun.

Terence might be my husband, might be the legal owner of everything that I'm and I have but before everything goes to him..I have a right to own it all myself. There is no purity in our relationship. It was thickening on the wrong base. I have sinned by becoming the wife of a man who caused nothing but hurt to me and my family. There is certainly no future for both of us.

Especially after..especially..

A wretched sob escaped me. I didn't dare to think about the sort of mess I'm struck in!my whole life was just turned into a joke. I have no say in what I want anymore. I immediately cover my emotions when I feel a soft hand rest on my defeated shoulders. Without a second thought I turn around and engulf into the warm hands of one person I needed the most.

My mother.

I cling to her like a child and she lovingly gives me all her warmth. She keeps uttering sweet nothings into my ear. I try my best to hold my tears at bay. I wanted to talk to dad but I was scared for his health. It just has been too hard for me to hold
Myself back. Especially when he kept asking about me and my mom gave him monosyllabic answers. It's been five hours since I arrived in Seattle. Alone. After that wretched night I immediately flew from Berlin. Terrence had meetings to wrap up but he did promise me that he will personally fly here. He is interested in talking to dad. While I hated the scenario.

Whole the ride I have been thinking about his touch. His lips. And how vulnerable I'm for it. He wanted me to give him a child?! I couldn't stomach that thought. And I somehow knew that it's one of the important reason he decided to settle down. Despite whatever theories I read about Mr.Rodriguez one thing was sure. Being with him, near him is an experience. Exactly like I read..a life threatening experience.

Terence Rodriguez contrary to people's beliefs was a traditional man. He wanted a heir only from his legally wedded wife. And I somehow am trapped into this. This is 21 century. Marriages for political and business perks don't exists anymore. Neither does a belief that a women should birth a child, young. The worst part is no one in my family is up for it and neither am I!

After landing in Seattle I couldn't hold on the revelation to myself. I arrived at the hospital and blurt everything out to my mother. She was beyond anger. So very Livid. Fury dripped in her every emotion..since then she always made sure to keep a check on me herself. I was quite thankful about that fact.

"Shh ..child. Be brave, Remember there is a solution for everything."

"I'm sorry mom. I should have been more careful before getting into this. I was reckless and look where it has got us!"

"Stop digging what is done Nevaeh. I raised you to be fierce. Vocalise your thoughts loud and fight hard. Don't give up. Never give up!"

"You don't understand mom. He said he wants to have a child with..me"
She instantly stills and I greedily inhale.

"He said that?" Her voice was a mere whisper now. I connect my eyes with hers and in that moment  my moms expression changed from being surprised to shocked.

"He did." She gulps and looks away.

"I'm still alive child. I won't let him spoil my only daughter's life."

"I need to know if Summer.." I couldn't complete the sentence. I never in my wildest dreams could even think that Summer will betray me like this..there were so many things that I wanted to talk to her about. So many questions I wanted to ask! Did she know this? Or is she a victim just like me..somewhere deep down I prayed for the latter. Because if she did cheat me on this...there will a hell lot for everyone of us. So much that it will become impossible for us to come in terms with what's next. And most importantly..I will be broken. She will shatter every positive hope inside me. I prayed god to have mercy on me and my family.
This bad phase is costing me way too much.

"Summer will have to think twice before doing this Nevaeh. Her whole career is at stake!" Mom's right. I have to be open minded about this.  I cannot draw conclusions. Especially when I didn't even confront her about this..yet.

"Mom—

I raised my head and she instantly removed few tendrils from my face.

"—did you try calling Summer?" She huffs a deep breathe and looks away.

"Your dad's awake Nevaeh. She will surely be here to see him." I gulp. It's good this way, she shouldn't have any knowledge of me being here.
If I wanted my answers then I will have to stick to few rules.

"Mom, I don't know where this is going but I surely have a very bad feeling."

"No matter what Nevaeh, I will fight beside you. Mr.Rodriguez will be your husband only for an year. As planned. I refuse to be made a fool, I refuse to sit idly when your life is at stake."

"Have you noticed something different about Summer mom. Anything which might suggest that she is involved in this" she shook her head negatively.

Pamela Craig rested her head on her daughter's and thought about the few times Summer made an appearance. She was a pleasant girl and she was caring. Lord knows that she was won a million hearts with her smile and compassionate nature but what concerned Ms.Craig was the nervous looks the young girl threw her and her husband's way. She stroked it off and something very insignificant or at times stress and care for Nevaeh but based on what her daughter said she started having doubts about her true intention. If by any chance she did have a say in it..then it would be game over for that girl. She will lose everything that was a mother's vow.

Nevaeh gazed at her mother who was lost in deep thoughts. Her hazy eyes looked thin and tired. She grabbed her mother's hand and dragged her towards an empty seat. She grabbed a glass of water and made her gulp the whole thing.

"You have to be honest mom..do you think she can.." It was hard to utter those words. She trusted Summer completely with every inch in her being. Her loyalty is now being questioned and She was way too bothered for her liking. I glanced towards the entrance of my dad's cabin. His sanitised rugs were the only things visible.

"I cannot tell with certainty child we will have to wait." Her mother sets the glass on the adjacent table and follows her daughter's gaze. She lovingly pays Nevaeh's head. They had to be strong.
They just had to.

*********

Nevaeh tried to calm herself down. The pace at which her heart vibrated in her chest was truly a matter of concern. She couldn't control the sweat which trickled down the base of her neck. The atmosphere was tense and dreadful. She look anywhere else, she dreaded meeting her eyes. The light squeeze of her mother's warm hand dragged her back to reality. She finally took her.

Summer.

Her hair was tied up in a bun, dark circles decorated underneath her eyes. She smiled at me very other second. While I tried to return a feeble one. My mind was swirling with the idea of her being a traitor. I twirl my cup and my mom rests her chin of the palm of her hand eyeing Summer with her complete focus. Summer did squirm from all of the scrutiny but she didn't utter a word.

I look around and note that it's 6:30 in the afternoon. The birds flapped their wings and freely took a flight. The sun dropped down its horizon. The powerful rays of the sun failed to gain my attention. The beautiful sight was left abandoned because I suddenly felt so void now.  lost the need to drink the beauty.

Summer arrived ten minutes ago. Her first reaction seeing dad breathing and stable was a bone fracturing hug which I returned. She had tears steaming down her face. I prayed every second of our encounter to give me strength to face what it going to happen.

I prayed every second in hopes that she wouldn't be lying. Her every emotion felt real but the constant nagging wouldn't go.

"Nevaeh had a little confrontation with Terence recently." Her eyes immediately bobbed and I trained my eyes solely on her. Drinking her every reaction.

"I hope it's all positive. Nevaeh..it has to be." I blankly stare at her.

"He asked her for a child."
My mom emotionlessly blurted, I try not to cringe listening to that prospect.

"You have to be kidding me.." her mouth gape open and she eyes my mother with complete disbelief.

"And it doesn't end there..

Her eyebrows crinkle. My throat suddenly felt parched.

"He had something very interesting to say about the supposed contract." Her face immediately grows pale and the life in me sucks out.
She takes a sip of her latte and masks her expression to complete confusion.

Don't do this Summer..

Please..

"I think the terms and conditions have been properly jot  down. Its a transparent contract."

I look at my pale hands. The long and lean fingers looked lifeless and unbothered. I eye her through my lashes. I could feel my mother's drilling holes on Summer.

"Its a translucent one Ms.May. Maybe the people involved in it are too." She gulps and looks away.

Caught you.

"I will not play around Summer. Do you have something to say to us. Something you have been conveniently hiding from us?"

My mother's steel gaze harden while I look at Summer..as if I'm seeing her for the first time. Her every word, her every emotion played in front of my eyes. Did she fake everything? A sarcastic smile plays on
my lips.

I'm a certified fool.

"Say something Summer, it's   high time you confess about your heart rendering deeds! Did you for a second think about my daughter..you selfish girl! How dare you—

"I'm sorry."

I fall back on my chair. A sob escaped her and tears cascaded down my face.

"I'm so sorry. I had no option. Mr.Anthony Rodriguez warned me..I saw no option but to—

Before she could even complete her sentence my mom stood up from her chair, she grabbed Summer's shoulders and slapped hard on her face.

"Mom" I stand up and immediately block her way. Few people turned their heads and were eyeing us with confusion.

"Mom please don't make a scene here.." my pleas fell deaf to her ears.

"Who gave you the right to play with my child's life like that? You should have been destroyed not my sweet child. You spoiled her whole life. You sent her to a demon who could have ripped her apart. You have jeopardised  her life! How dare you Summer. You selfish bitch."

A gasp escapes everyone. I observe how the hospital staff start circling around us. Summer starts sobbing. I hold my hand against my mouth. What's happening.

"You are a sinner! I will make sure you rot in hell! Why did you do it? Is it for money? Come on don't play naive! Could you not stomach the thought about my child! What sort of a person are you Summer..I have looked after you like my own daughter! And this is how you pay me—

"Mam please, you will stop right this instant." The manger speaks out loud. With the help of few security guards and nurses I try to hold my mother back. She refused to listen and raged like a bull.

"It was never my intention.."Summer barely whispers. While I felt my stomach churn with her betrayal. I was looking for an enemy in Terence while having one here all along.
And for the first time, I trusted Terence's intentions. Trusted Terence's word. I wanted to scare at her, screw her life! Why! Why! Fucking why!

I trusted you Summer.

The situation was messed up, with people calling each other. My mother's yelling..the chaos and noise of the wards, patients..I lost myself.

And Somehow..I didn't want to be found.

*********

Hello everyone..

What do you think about Summer betrayal? Did you enjoy reading it?

My mind is a complete mess. I have a lot. Bear with me.

Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 33.7K 36
𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞 & 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭. 'No, you listen, Mae, When I said you were mine, I meant it... You got NO say when it co...
9.4M 453K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
989K 28K 42
"You're mine , you know that don't you, mine. Tell me whose are you?" Lord Benjamin said looking at me with a heated gaze. "I'm my own person , I'm...
590K 15.9K 43
"Can I please leave" I said while his head was in the crook of my neck and his arms where on each side so I won't escape from his grip... wait what i...