CAN YOU FIND MY KILLER?βœ”

By NancyRauniar

#COMPLETED [HORROR-THRILLER] #34 in psychic-abilities #52 in psycho-thriller #60 in sociopath This is her... More

Author's Note
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Part 1)
Chapter 10 ( Part 2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Part 1)
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18 (Part 1)
Chapter 18 (Part 2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
EPILOGUE

Chapter 27

58 7 0
By NancyRauniar

I opened my eyes. It was dark. But some sort of light did shone somewhere. Oh those are candles. I blinked few times before fully opening it.

I couldn't move. Why? I looked sideways, my hands were tied by rope on both side of poles. However I tried maybe in a hope that it might get loose. But it was futile.
Where was I? How many hours have been passed? No one would be able to find me. Am I going to die?

All sorts of thoughts were running in my mind. How will they find me?

Wait, I forgot I have a wrist watch. I looked at my hands. I think it's been 30 minutes since I lost my consciousness. That means I have not left the premises.
Is it the temple? Yes, it's the temple.

With the little light emitting I could see some kind of statue. Yes! It is definitely a temple.

"How is it?" A voice resonated through the room.

A cold air suddenly blew giving me chills. He came in front of me. I could see him clearly.

"Ava, don't you remember me? At first I had to agree to this guy's request but not anymore. I can kill as much as I want to become more stronger and stable"

"I don't, but I'll definitely remember it now. As all bad things come to end you will soon be removed from this world. I'll make sure to do that. You have given too much pain to others. It is your turn now" I said giving him a deadly look.

"Oh! You will do that? How? No one can touch me. I already killed him" he said

No, you did not do it. No I don't believe it. He is not dead.

"Craig Shepherd" I hissed.

You are a psychopath. People like you only deserves death. You can not be loyal to any one if you can't be loyal to your family. Because of you maniac, many lives were lost. You slaughtered your own family. Eventhough your victims will get justice late but they will get it. I can assure you that"

"Sure let's see what you can do. Because of you I had to live painfully. Fortunately, I found someone to get my revenge. Today I'll get it. No one can stop me" he said giving me a sadistic smile.

My heart came to my mouth. This is not what I wanted. Nick, uncle where are you? I can't die in the hands of a ghost. God, help me! As the time passed I was getting desperate.

"Tell me how should I kill you? Mutilation? Stab you too death. No no, that won't be any fun. I'll take your powers first"

He dropped the knife. He came towards me. Giving me a sickening smile, he grabbed my throat. I started struggling. He jerked back with good amount of force.

"So, that bitch gave you her protection huh? But nevermind" He opened his palm and closed his hands. My bracelet broke into pieces.

"It was easy"

He grabbed my neck. I felt as if my energy was being drained out. I struggled but it was off no use. The time I felt I was going to die. Suddenly, someone broke the door. My vision was blurry. He dropped his hands and looked the way of entrance.

"Ava! Kiddo!"

I could hear familiar voices. My vision started becoming clear. Nick! Uncle! You are finally here.

"You! How are you here? Anyway, it's a good thing. Today you will all die"

And then the hell broke out. Uncle came to my rescue. He cut of the ropes with the knife he always carries around. I stumbled but gained strength.

After much struggle Nick and the priest finally tied him to the chair.

"Priest Mason please start your exorcism. It won't hold him much longer" Nick said.

"Wait, find the skeleton. It must be somewhere in this room"

We nodded and started searching for it. We couldn't find it.

Where could it be? Where could it be? Come on Ava! Think! Think!

My eyes rest on the rack beside the statues. The cups were properly arranged in line. I don't know why, but I started lifting up the cups but only one was stuck to it. I tried to lift it up. Nothing happened. Then I tried rotating it. A door suddenly opened close to it. We went inside it. It was dark. I switched on my flashlight and moved around. There was the coffin lying on the ground.

"Found it! We are bringing it! Start the chant!" I shouted and moved the coffin outside with the help of Nick.

At this the killer started struggling with all his might.

"You! How could you escape Huh? Didn't I killed you? How did you find us? I guess I overestimated you" he said angrily.

"For someone so smart you made a small mistake. I attached a small tracking device in Ava's shirt. You were in such a hurry that you didn't noticed" Nick said pulling out small tracking device from behind the fold of my shirt.

Seven more priest came rushing through the broken door. They surrounded him. And started the chant.

"Where are they coming from?"

"Priest Mason called them. When he found me, he called them for help. Craig used his powers to knock me out. When I opened my eyes I could priest Mason calling my name.

I was panicking since couldn't find you but then, I remembered about the tracking device and asked Michael to track it. This is how we found you at the right moment. I am sorry Ava, I couldn't protect you from him"

Wow!

"It's okay Nick. You were right on the time" I said feeling goosebumps suddenly.

They sprayed the holy water and started their chanting. The ghost was now shrieking and shouting. He was flying in the air. He knocked out two priest. But others did not stopped. They were using all their might.

"You fools! I'll kill you! Stop it! Stop it right now!" The ghost was shouting.

The air started to blow out of nowhere. Priest Mason gave a nod to him. Nick went rushing to the ghost side. Oh no!

"Nick! Come out! It will hurt you!" I started going towards him but Michael grabbed me.

"Ava, thank you for everything. Because of you I was able to know about my murderer" he said grabbing the killer tightly.

No, no, this isn't happening. No, no, please save Nick.

I didn't realize I was crying.

"Ava! Burn the remains. Do it now!" Priest Mason shouted to me.

"Ava! Ava! Do it now! Light up the coffin! Do it! As an officer it's your duty to do it! Do the justice! Ava, I can only stop him. Burn the coffin now!" Nick shouted at me.

"Do it now Ava!" Michael said slowly grabbing his arm. In this chaos I didn't realized he had been hurt.

I picked up the holy matchstick box. I took out one matchstick and lit it. Shaking, I dropped the burning matchstick on the coffin.

It caught fire at once. The flames rose high enough to trouch the ceiling. The remains started becoming ashes as the ghost shouting became intense. And finally it stopped. Everything. It was finished.

Nick collapsed on the floor. I ran towards him.

"Nick! Nick! Open your eyes please! Don't leave me alone! Nick! Nick!" I said my voice quivering and shaking him. I was crying.

"Ava, thank you for everything. Because of you I could find my killer. I was happy I could spend some time with you. Those were happy moments. I don't regret it. You were brave and a good friend that's hard to find it. Don't cry. We knew this day would come sooner or later. You will make a good police officer. It was my choice. I could only stop him. If the destiny allows we will meet each other again" he said and started vanishing. Until nothing remained beside me.

"Nick! Nick!" I cried till no tears came from.

"Where am I?" Came a voice.

The body started moving. Everyone became alert.

"Where I am? Who are you people? Did he left me? Were you the ones who helped me?" The killer asked scared.

Priest Mason explained him everything.

He had a horrifying look on his face.

"He was evil but I was more evil then him. If only... if only" he said slowly.

Officer Joe came rushing. He went towards him. "You have the right to remain silent. If you do say anything, it can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have a lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire" he said and put the handcuffs to him and took him.

Other officers helped Michael up and sent him to the hospital.

"Uncle, don't worry about me. I will be with Priest Mason"

He nodded.

"Ava, Nick knew what he had to do. He knew he was the only one who could stop Craig. He knew what he was doing" he said to me.

"I know. He finally got to rest in peace" I said smiling through my tear-stained face.

______________________________________

Finally, the ghost was executed but with the sacrifice that Nick made.

Don't miss out the epilogue!!

Stay tuned !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855 155 46
"He seemed like a puzzle to me, and I really liked solving puzzles. But somehow, I don't think that I would ever be able to solve this one." Amelia H...
The Eyewitness By Sana Alvi

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 109 21
Highest ranking # 11 in twistsandturns (Aug 03, 2018) Cold chills went down Zoya's spine, she gently moved her freezing hands on her mouth to control...
5.3K 540 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...
24.9K 848 13
"Can't you see? It's you I wanna be with, no one else, and I don't want you to be with anyone else either, I'll do anything to keep it like that." S...