The Cure (Book One of The Gol...

Oleh HarleyRush

Nova is a badass. She's not only a talented zombie slayer-she's tough, ruthless, and a downright bitch. But... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Bestiality is Illegal in the State of California
Chapter 2: The Philanthropist
Chapter 3: Pancakes
Chapter 4: The Bites
Chapter 5: Zombies. Aren't. Real.
Chapter 6: We're Compatible, Aren't We?
Chapter 7: Zombies Can't Feel a Punch
Chapter 8: I Was Hoping It Was Kinky Stuff
Chapter 9: I Like Eleven
Chapter 10: My People
Chapter 11: She's the Boss For a Reason
Chapter 12: Roundtrip On The Finch Express
Chapter 13: Holy Shit I'm A Dude
Chapter 14: Can We Makeout?
Chapter 15: My Safe Haven
Chapter 16: How Do You Even Make Butter?
Chapter 17: We Aren't Nothing
Chapter 18: The Favor
Chapter 19: I Want To Kill You A Little Less
Chapter 20: That's My Girl
Chapter 21: She's A Hard Bitch To Kill
Chapter 22: Promise Me You'll Come Back
Chapter 23: Zombie Bait Twice
Chapter 24: Finally Caught Up
Chapter 26: Threeway It Is
Chapter 27: Busted
Chapter 28: I'm Not Blushing You're Blushing
Chapter 29: I'm Mad Now
Chapter 30: I'll Save That For Dessert
Chapter 31: He Doesn't Like You. I Wouldn't Try.
Chapter 32: What's Happening to You?
Chapter 33: Oh, Shit.
Chapter 34: More Mouths to Feed
Chapter 35: It's Not Like the Police are Going to Arrest Us
Chapter 36: We're Just Here to Talk
Chapter 37: I Saved My Best Friend
Chapter 38: Fight Smarter, Not Harder.
Chapter 39: Three Names for a Name
Chapter 40: Promise Me You Won't Stop Fighting
Chapter 41: Payback's a Bitch
Chapter 42: Wake Me Up When You Have Something Interesting to Say
Chapter 43: So Much Willpower in Such a Small Body
Chapter 44: A New Sense of Strength
Chapter 45: Not This Time You Fucking Prick
Chapter 46: Dead Man Walkin'
Chapter 47: Your Son Is An Annoying Bitch
Chapter 48: She's a Fighter
Chapter 49: Get Married and Have More Kids and More Dogs
Chapter 50: This Is It. Are You Ready?
Chapter 51: The Final Boss
Chapter 52: He Almost Died Protecting Me
Chapter 53: I'm All Beat Up
Chapter 54: What's In Your Back Pocket?
Chapter 55: You're Glowing
Chapter 56: I Love You, You Idiot!
Chapter 57: I'm Not Cutting Up That Cow!
Chapter 58: Nice Shirt. Where'd You Find It? Hot Topic?
Chapter 59: SCREEAYHHH!
Chapter 60: What Is This Beverly Hills?
Chapter 61: An Anomaly Herself
Chapter 62: Come Back to Me
Chapter 63: You're Lucky I Like You
Chapter 64: Are You Gonna Wear a Cape?
Chapter 65: Calm My Ass!
Chapter 66: He's Still in There
Chapter 67: I Failed
Chapter 68: So Close Yet So Far Away
Chapter 69: The Sad, The Funny.
Chapter 70: You Are So Oblivious
Chapter 71: You Look Like Shit
Chapter 72: Affectionate Attack
Chapter 73: Eat Woman.
Chapter 74: One Single Beat.
Chapter 75: He's Your Damon Salvatore
Chapter 76: Beggars Can't Be Choosers
Chapter 77: Sensitive Nipples
Chapter 78: Zombie's Don't Sleep
Chapter 79: She's So Out of His League
Chapter 80: Mine
Chapter 81: I'm Right Here Killer.
Chapter 82: So Close to Her
Chapter 83: Happily Ever After
Chapter 84: You're About to Enjoy This
Chapter 85: Lots of Carrots
Chapter 86: Welcome to Australia
NOT A CHAPTER BUT PLEASE READ!!!

Chapter 25: I Still Think You Cheated

484 24 2
Oleh HarleyRush

Finn

Nova was playing with Shasta and Booker, helping Shasta throw the ball so Booker could fetch it. I couldn't help but to stare at my girl. It felt good to say that. She was actually, finally mine. I thought it would've taken longer than three months but she was mine. I wanted to know what Halley said to her. It was killing me because whatever she said clearly got to Nova. I'd have to thank Halley later.

"So you finally got the girl. How does it feel?" Tommy asked, standing next to me.

"Really good man. Really good. I never really believed in that whole Fate thing before but meeting them had to be."

And it did.

When I think back to the day they saved us I had this weird feeling. When we were running away we almost kept going straight but I said to turn. And then Nova came out of that house, killing them all and barely breaking a sweat. Tommy and Lily were shocked because she took that many on her own and was fine.

But me?

Not only had I seen her again like I was hoping, but we had found our way back to each other again. It was still like love at first sight for me. Even if she was covered in blood. She was so beautiful, and so deadly.

And she was all mine.

"They saved our lives. Multiple times. Well, Nova did. I'm glad she's okay now I don't think we would've made it without her."

I know we wouldn't have.

How does she not crack under all of this pressure?

"What about you and Finch? How's that going?"

Tommy smiled, looking over at Finch as she sat on the swing sipping a glass of wine watching her best friend with a smile on her face.

"Pretty sure I love her. Just waiting for the right time to say it. I keep chickening out."

"I have an idea. Hold on."

Tommy nodded, watching me curiously as I made my way over to my girl.

My girl.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that.

"Hey Killer!" I called out, smiling as she turned to face me holding Shasta upside down.

"What's up?" She asked as she turned Shasta back over, putting her on her feet.

"Come here for a second."

She handed Shasta the ball and made her way over to me, smiling too. The smile she only had for me. I felt pretty special every time I saw it. Her eyes seemed brighter and she was glowing. She looked genuinely happy. She had such a nice smile. They're rare but my heart beats so hard every time I see it.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm in love with her too.

"Tommy wants to tell Finch he loves her but keeps chickening out. Any ideas how to make it memorable?"

She nodded, looking at Tommy and waving him over to us. He sheepishly, and slowly, walked over, looking embarrassed. That or he was intimidated by Nova. But I think everyone is-even me. The only one immune to her...charm, is Finch.

"Finch is due for her daily nap any minute now. If you want to make it memorable we have to make this quick."

Tommy nodded, looking up at his girl who was sitting with Halley and Lily on the porch swing talking.

"We spent every Christmas here. So in the basement there's a box labeled Christmas lights. You're gonna need the rainbow ones. In the hall closet is sheets. She's always dreamed of being told the big words in a blanket fort with a series of Disney movies. So we're gonna transform the whole living room into one.

"Also in the basement is our stash of wine. She likes red so get a few bottles and stick them in the fridge to chill. She only likes her wine cold. I guess you can use my last stick of butter to make her popcorn. Oh and you have to say it during Beauty and the Beast when they're dancing in the ballroom. It's her favorite. Which is lame cause Lilo and Stitch is the best one."

I had to agree with her. Lilo and Stitch is the best.

"Anyways, I have something else for you too. But first I have to ask...how serious are you about Finch? Cause you know how much damage I can bring. I will fucking end you if you hurt my best friend. So tell me right now how serious you are."

Tommy bit his lip, looking a little scared. I didn't blame him-we've all seen Nova in action and know what kind of damage she can do.

"She's my first girlfriend. I never dated before, I didn't want to waste my time. But something about Avery says forever. And while it scares me I've never felt this way about another girl before. She's the only girl I've ever kissed. She can be an ass at times, which I'm sure she's gotten from you, but I've never met someone who understands me more.

"Even when I looked like shit, felt like shit, she was there to pick me up. My mom always told me that the girl meant for me would love me no matter what and she does. Even when I felt like I wasn't she made me feel worthy. And to me, that's a girl that's once in a lifetime. I'm not giving her up for anything. "

Nova looked at me for confirmation and I nodded. I always thought it was weird that Tommy refused to kiss the girls he slept with but when he explained his Mom told him he's only to kiss the girl he truly loves, it made sense.

Kinda wish I would've saved my first kiss for Nova.

"Follow me."

Nova lead us inside, telling Finch to keep an eye on Shasta.

Good distraction-now she won't come inside.

Nova brought us up to our room and headed to the jewelry box on the dresser. She opened it up and slid a part out, opening a secret compartment. She pulled out a ring and stared at it before slowly extending her hand towards Tommy.

"Finch means the world to me. She's the only person on this planet I love more than anything. Even my dog. Don't tell her I said that though. Anyways Finch's dad died when she was a baby and Finch and her mom always joked that a man would have to get my blessing before getting with Finch because I've basically assigned myself as her designated protector. This isn't an engagement ring stop looking so freaked out."

Tommy glared at Nova but relaxed, going to take the ring from her hand.

Nova pulled it back, smacking his hand away with a glare.

"This is a promise ring. Finch picked this one out our sophomore year of high school and told me to give it to the guy I approve of. And I haven't approved of any. They never lasted if I didn't like them. You're the first one I can actually tolerate. But this is a serious thing Tommy. You can only say you love her if you promise me to always be good to her. You're not only making a promise to her but you're making a promise to me too.

"You're promising me that no matter what you're going to take care of my best friend in ways that I can't. That you're going to be hers forever and never hurt her in a way you can't fix. So promise me right now Tommy that you're going to give her your all because she deserves that and more. Do you promise me?"

Tommy looked at the ring and then into Nova's eyes, nodding once.

"I promise."

Nova put the ring in his hand and smiled. "If you hurt her I will end you. It's my job to make sure she is always happy. You better not fuck this up or I'll fuck you up."

"I won't. I swear."

Nova smiled and hugged Tommy which surprised him-and me. Nova isn't affectionate and she's only touched Tommy once and that was just a squeeze on the shoulder. Not an actual hug.

"Thank you Nova."

"Don't make me regret this." She said with a grin, pulling away from him.

"I won't."

**********

Nova set up a campfire for us to chill around while Tommy and Finch had some alone time. Finch was due to wake up from her nap any moment now and Nova helped Tommy make sure it was one for the books.

I was kind of jealous I wouldn't be able to get in the fort too.

"Guys watch this." Nova called out, all of us turning to face her.

She had a bottle of wine in her hand and wiggled it back and forth before bringing it to her lips and tilting it back.

"Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!" I called out, everyone cheering her on as she sucked it down in record timing.

When she finished she wiped her mouth and tossed the bottle to the ground, releasing one of the loudest burps I've ever heard.

I've never been more turned on in my life.

"Damn Killer! What about us? I wanted some wine too." I said with a laugh, watching as she held up a finger.

She grabbed Ashton by the arm and walked up to the porch, pointing to something. They each picked up a wooden crate and made their way back over to us.

It was two cases of wine.

Looks like we're all getting drunk.

Halley reached for a bottle but I slapped her hand away. Nova then slapped mine away, handing her a bottle and glaring at me when I tried to take it away from Halley.

"There's no laws. I run shit. The girls are drinking. They can share a bottle."

Lily and Halley squealed excitedly, popping it open and taking a sip.

"Killer they're sixteen-And it's the Zombie Apocalypse. Let the girls drink. You act like you didn't drink at sixteen."

I opened my mouth to argue but she kissed me. She tasted like wine but I didn't mind one bit-I actually kind of liked it.

I already forgot what I was mad about too.

Oh yeah. That's right. The girls.

Tommy and I definitely had our fair share of drunk nights at sixteen so I guess this can be the exception.

"Fine. They can drink."

"Thank you Nova!" The girls said at the same time, passing the bottle between themselves.

"Amy? Red, white, or rosé?" Nova asked, holding up a bottle of each.

"Definitely white."

Nova passed her a bottle and the opener before getting another bottle for herself. She didn't even look at Ashton. She really doesn't like him. I think it's funny.

"I'll take rosè." Ashton mumbled, sticking his hand out.

Nova looked at his hand and raised a brow, meeting his eyes with her own.

"Who says you're getting anything?"

She's such an ass.

"Killer come on. Don't be a bitch we're all having a good time." I told her, shaking my head with a smile when she glared at me.

"Fine. Rosé for the pussy." She growled out, passing him a bottle.

"I like my wine sweet fuck off."

Nova grinned, narrowing her eyes at him. "You're the only one with a big enough vagina to fight back. I like that."

I glared at him then Nova-I couldn't help it. She's my girl. Not his.

"Careful what you say Nova. Finn looks like he's about to strangle you." Lily sputtered out with a laugh, Halley smacking her arm and shaking her head.

"This is a fight Nova will win. I have five on her. Sorry Finn." Amy said as she laughed too.

"Do it Finn! Wipe the floor with her! Dudes for the win!"

Did I really want to go for a round two?

The last time I fought Nova she won.

I don't think I could handle losing twice.

Especially in front of people.

"Finn won't fight me. He doesn't want to lose twice. Especially in front of people."

This woman better stay out of my fucking head.

How did she know that?

"I'm game." I replied, standing and looming over her.

Nova raised a brow and stood too, heading inside.

"Did she just chicken out?" Ashton asked, gaping at the back door.

"Nova would never back down from a fight."

Halley was right. 

I was about to get my ass whooped-again.

"You got this Finn. You can take her down. Take her by surprise. If she doesn't see it coming it'll throw her off. That's how Levi almost got her down."

I forgot about those fights. Nova kicked all of their asses but Levi did put up a good fight. If that's how he got her down, then I'm going to use that same tactic. Now that I think about it the first time Nova and I fought I caught her by surprise too and that's how I pinned her. I'd just have to do it again.

I hope I can.

She came back out with gloves and tossed a pair to me.

"These ones have more padding so my fists shouldn't hurt too much." Nova said with a grin, heading over to the grass and getting in her stance.

I stood before her and got in stance too, trying not to smile as she adjusted me again.

"Don't hold back."

I looked at her side, remembering her injury. We discovered she did have super healing when it was healed in about four days. It was now a little purple scar. But what if I hit her too hard and it hurts her?

"I don't know Killer-I will be fine Finn. Don't. Hold. Back."

I bit my lip but nodded, bringing my fists back up.

"I'll be okay. Halley call it!" Nova snapped, blowing me a kiss.

"Touch knuckles."

We did as she said, smiling at each other. I know I'm about to get my ass handed to me but I'm crazy about this woman.

This is going to be fun. I can tell.

"3...2...1...FIGHT!" Halley called out, moving her hand between us before backing up.

Nova wasted no time and swung for me, giving me her all. I was on defense something fierce. Each of her blows were fast and hard, knocking me further and further back.

"Come on Finn fight! DO IT FOR THE BROS!" Ashton called out, hollering even louder for me.

"Nova! Nova! Nova!" The girls cheered.

"Sorry. Girls rule." Nova said before slamming her glove into my chest.

I fell on my back, the force knocking the wind out of me. I quickly jumped up and started swinging back. She blocked each hit, sending her fist into my stomach again. I heaved out a breath and swung again, then faked her out and hit with my left. She got knocked back a few steps but quickly recovered and swung and swung. She was barely breaking a sweat too.

"Come on Finn hit me! Don't be such a pussy!" She snapped, slamming her fist into me again.

"Fine! I will!" I snapped back, sending my fist straight towards her face.

She blocked it and threw two fists, getting my face and knocking me onto my back.

And as I hit the ground I came up with an idea.

I groaned really loud, grabbing my back.

"Something happened! Oh my god owwww!" I cried out, moving on the ground.

"Are you okay?!" Nova shrieked, rushing to my aid.

I groaned again, even closing my eyes like I was in intense pain.

But I wasn't.

"I'll feel better if you kiss me."

Nova rolled her eyes and brought her lips to mine, making me smile.

I enjoyed it for just a second more before pulling away.

"Sorry Killer. I had to win."

Her brows came together and before she could move I flipped us over, pinning her down. She tried to fight me but I had her down. I blocked her legs and arms and pressed my chest against her back.

"You cheater! YOU FUCKING CHEATER! GET OFF ME!" Nova screamed, throwing her head back trying to headbutt me off.

"Call it someone hurry! I can't hold her for long!" I shouted, trying to fight her.

She's strong as hell though, it's a lot harder than it sounds. I know she could easily fight me off but she isn't using her full strength on me. Maybe she doesn't want to hurt me...

"1...2...3...4...5! Nova noooo! Booooo!" Amy called out.

Nova relaxed and I let her go, climbing off of her. I offered her my hand and she glared at me before taking it. I leaned in for a kiss but she pushed my face away, crossing her arms over chest and looking at the fire.

"You cheated. I call a rematch."

"Maybe tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure I won."

Nova glared at me and walked over to the wine, pulling out another bottle. "I'm gonna say I'm drunk and you cheated. I don't lose okay!? I don't!"

She's cute when she's pissed off.

"Fine Killer. Tomorrow when you're sober we'll rematch. Sound good?"

She narrowed her eyes at me before nodding once. "Yes."

"Okay you big baby. Come give me a kiss now."

Nova pouted her whole way over to me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"There. Now fuck off."

I chuckled, pinching her cheek and went to get my bottle.

"I still think you cheated."

"I know you do Killer."

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.9K 343 17
Book one finished! - "Zombies? Is 'zombies' the appropriate term? Zombies don't exist, they DIDN'T exist, but now these monsters are real...too real...
157 2 10
≫ ──── ≪•◦ ✦ ◦•≫ ──── ≪ │ 愛🧟‍♀️Surviving The End🧟‍♂️*.:。 ๑➴੭*ˊᵕˋ੭. _______________________________________ │༄🧟‍♂️ Many have their own idea...
77 10 7
Ever imagined what it's like to be a zombie? Do you truly feel nothing? Are you just a mindless creature that randomly attacks anyone or anything? ...
10.7K 810 23
Winter and her two sisters, Alyssa and Nalla, finally accept the true nature of the apocalypse. but only when a zombie attacks, and bites one of thei...