His Redemption

By OliviaDey

He was a prince they said ,who was destined to be doomed. Like a cursed vagabond he had no relief from his to... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C A S T
Chapter 1 - Heart Made Of Glass My Mind Of Stone
Chapter 2- When We Meet
Chapter 3- Away from Home
Chapter 4 - It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 5 - The Trial
Chapter 6- The Judgment
The Return
Chapter 7 - Farewell
Chapter 8 - She Feels Good
The Loveland Couple
The Arrival of an Unexpected Guest
The Freshers Party
Engaged
Chapter 10 - Coming Closer
Chapter 11 - A Rebel Prince
Chapter 12 - The Meeting
Chapter 13 - Rogue Attack
Chapter 14 - Departure

Prologue

474 14 9
By OliviaDey

The night had fallen fast upon the land. No more than an hour ago the sky was painted with hues of red ,orange and pink,but all colour had faded leaving only a matt black canvas with no stars to be looked upon. The trails were left on the virgin snow of winter boots as the moonlight glistened on them .

Other than the darkness and the two young Marsdens all that seemed to exist was the chilly wind that blew harshly against the tall fir trees swishing through their long needle like leaves. But for the Marsdens ,they remained unaffected with the temperature below minus thirty degrees Celcius. which could make one average human freeze to death.

That could mean only one possible thing right?

They were not humans

But the heirs of the most powerful kingdom of Findara.

Their kind was known to withstand any temperature and getting cold was never really the option because they never had blood in their bodies which made them warm. But it was only blood which made them thirsty.

Vampires

Blood drinkers

That they were ,it gave them perks, be it the rock hard strength , supreme agility and never age factor as well as looks to die for.

They ran around the snow with Iryne Marsden giggling playfully at her brother wearing a purple dress with a beautiful sash. She had silver grey eyes with sunshine blonde hair that was tied in two neat plaits.

"Didn't I tell you it will be fun?",Adrian laughed as he escaped the tiny snow ball his sister threw at him.

He had chocolate brown hair with the most mesmerising pair of caramel eyes that made you warm immediately once he smiled at you. He was pale complexioned just like the other vampires and equally sharp featured. Eight years old he looked like an average sixteen year old adolescent human. Vampires grew really fast than normal human being till a certain age where they looked like an adult man or woman and finally becoming stagnant and immortal. Similarly Iryne was actually four year old that actually made her look like she was between 10 to 12 years.

Adrian brought his hand upwards and flexed his fingers towards the direction of the poles that stood tall on the snow as a series of green bright lights dazzled the place wiping away the darkness.Being a teenage vampire he didn't have much access to power but only the basics by his teachers of the council which he had excelled really well.

"It is amazing Ady!",she squealed in delight after hugging him. "I never knew darkness could be so beautiful and the snow,oh heavens ! It's just perfect. Can we play with it?"

"Of course we can,silly!" ,Adrian grinned. "But I guess someone who's name I won't mention said something about being scared of the dark."

"I could never be scared with you around,I know you will protect me.",she just smiled.

Something tugged the young vampire prince's heart and he vowed to himself he would always protect Iryne with all his heart and life.

"Wanna see something? The council recently permitted  Lord James  to teach me and Zach this. As you know Zach is far more skilled than I'm so let's practice to make me perfect.",he suggested as Iryne stared at him confusedly till her eyes lit up in excitement as she understood what Adrian was upto.

Adrian glanced at a big chunk of snow deposited on a rock, he tried to concentrate hard shutting his eyes as slowly tiny bits of snow rose high up in the air as he lifted his brows. He started moving  the tiny bits of snow using all his willpower.

"The power of Elevation.",Iryne danced merrily in circles as the snow bits showered on her. "Oh Ady when will my training begin,it's not fair that you and our cousin Zach learn such cool new things and I study vampire history in thick books from Lady Mia."

"After four years you have an access to your powers,sis. Once you are eight year old, you'll be a great princess I know."he beamed. "You'll be much powerful than me."

Iryne giggled innocently about to contradict but became dead silent.

It felt like someone else had taken possession of her body and breathing seemed to be an effort. Her body felt hard as a block of granite and a searing pain spread throughout cracking everything inside. 

It happened quicker than Adrian could blink and before he could do anything he saw Iryne flying upwards like someone else was controlling her petite body and then the collision occurred.His sister screamed in agony as she slammed onto the nearest Fir tree trunk.

"You can't underestimate yourself,kid." ,a sleekly amused voice interrupted. "Such remarkable powers at such a tender age. Pity,what a waste"

Adrian ran towards the fallen Iryne who was crying helplessly choosing to ignore the voice when a woman appeared in black cloak. Her hair just like her eyes were flaming red. She was drop dead gorgeous with sharp eyes that right now glowed with a golden colour.

The power which was controlling Iryne.

When two fully grown vampires entered the place. They all had the same black cloak like the woman. They were huge with their hulking built and muscles and had the same flaming red hair. They made their way next to the woman when she nodded at them.

Two mighty hands gripped Adrian's and the next thing he knew he was dragged far from his wailing little sister. He tried to shove his elbows in their chests but they remained unaffected. He threw his legs in protest. He tried to concentrate to use his powers but there was too much distraction.

"LET ME GO!",he cried. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Serena.",the gorgeous woman smiled. Her voice was not louder than a whisper but Adrian observed she caught every word she spelled pronouncing them heavily. "And these are my brothers Felix and Stefan."

She pointed at the men. "They will take good care of your step sister."

"She's MY sister!" Adrian growled in anger as the men pushed him near her feet. He fell down but maintained the gaze between him and Serena.The woman bent down to reach his fallen height and softly stroked his chin.

"You have your mother's eyes.",she whispered. "She had always been far more beautiful than I ever was..so brave..so strong..so determined and so successful! Angelica was this..Angelica was that! ."

Adrian's mind half registered the words whatever Serena was uttering his prime focus was on Iryne beside whom stood Felix and Stefan. He mindlinked her.

Iryne,try to call Aura and Dad. You have the stronger gift of telepathy use it. Mine won't reach till the palace it's too far.

She shook her head sobbing frantically .

I can't reach Mum and Dad, Ady. We have ventured too far in the woods,the distance won't permit it.

"Mindlinking are you?",asked Serena glaring at him. "Should have thought before coming here late at night. Can't believe Aura didn't put her babies early to bed."

"Come on Ser, we can't stay here for long. This is our only chance. Finish this little bitch and we will have our revenge.",Felix interrupted his sister.

"You are not gonna touch her!" ,Adrian snapped. "I will ruin you!"

He pushed Serena and then kicked her hard before she could reply. She fell down from the impact.The snow made it difficult for her to get up and chase him.Without wasting a second he ran towards Iryne as fast as he could. He just had to shift all the attention to himself so that Iryne could escape while they attacked him.

Felix and Stefan rushed to help Serena and just according to his plan Iryne was all alone. She was still trembling feeling scared.

Go..go..go ..RUN!

She looked at him helplessly.

What about you?

Before he could explain her that she needed to save herself first and then think about him ,he felt a sharp pain around his ankle. He didn't flinch when he recognised the silver metal rope wrapped burning his skin.Silver the only weakness vampires had. The one and only weakness that could kill them. But how was it possible? Only the fully trained vampires who belonged to the light side knew the resistance against silver and using it against enemies.

There was a traitor .

And he was among them.

The vampire holding it had his face covered and when tugged one end it forced Adrian to lose his balance.

He landed on the hard frosted ground which hurt his head. His vision got blurred. When he felt the hazy figures of Serena,Felix,Stefan and his newly arrived attacker.

Stefan held Iryne who was trying to reach out to her brother.

"I didn't want to make it this hard for you,boy . But since you asked for it you will watch as we kill her. Aura will suffer just like I did after losing the love of my life. The price will be her own blood,her daughter .",Serena sniggered.

"Let her go. Kill me not her!" He tried to plead but his voice sounded weak as there were heaps of silver ropes tightened around his entire body burning him. He cursed himself for not being a full grown vampire . If he would have been one ,then he could have easily known how to stop this and resist silver. Afterall such strong powers were forbidden for the younger vampires.

This was not supposed to end like this.

He had promised her that he would protect her.

And she had trusted him.

He failed .

Adrian Marsden had failed to protect his little sister.

It had all been his fault. He was the person who wanted to roam around the snow and play,Iryne was never the enthusiastic one. Their parents had asked them to not leave the palace during the nightfall . He had been the mischievous one. It was not her who deserved to die.

It was him.

Adrian tried to free himself from the painful bonds that prevented him to reach his sister. Tears pooled his eyes. But he felt no voice coming out when he wanted to scream. It was Serena her eyes glowed again which meant she had control of his body now just like she had on Iryne's.

The heat of the shackles created burns on his skin but he felt no pain as he watched Felix taking out a long dagger.

Iryne cried with all her might as they held her. Finally she just looked at Adrian before they stabbed her heart with the fatal weapon. Her eyes had no accusations that Adrian had failed his promise but it said how much she loved him.

The fallen prince of Findara watched it all his frozen heart breaking.

Iryne fell down as her last breath escaped.

And then it was her

Death.

It snatched when it could, taking people who were far too young, far too good.

Adrian's mind became an icy wasteland, the wind howled in his soul and wrapped icy tentacles around his heart so tightly it almost stopped beating.

Desolation seemed to have consumed him altogether.

His happy childhood was annihilated at that very moment.

.

Hiii,this is the prologue. I will start releasing the first chapter from next week. 😉😊😊😊 hope you enjoy reading. Thanks to my amazing friends user20954371 ,meghalithebonggirl ,MadhuriNath and dellyfierce for all thesupport and votes. 💖. Till then,bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 125 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
314 6 19
"I hate you Adrian Becker. I hate you. And this is a FACT." I shout while he restrains my arms pushing me against a door. "Lie all you want, Beth...
Lethal Lust By Kit

General Fiction

236K 9.5K 40
[COMPLETED] Elijah and Jess had been unbreakable since high school, so it comes as no surprise to anyone when the young couple decides to tie-the-kno...