Translucent #Billionaire Seri...

By Daisyinks

*STAND ALONE NOVEL* •NOTE Suitable for readers preferring slow, detailed and intense content. "I don't share... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chpater 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilouge

Chapter 26

34.8K 1.3K 167
By Daisyinks

I shut my laptop with a bang and lay on my bed, I was frustrated. I have been searching for jobs since like forever. I was good doing anything, I decided to start saving and earn something the least. Money comes easy at times but extremely hard sometimes too. I need to be prepared.

For the past four, five hours straight I was glued to my laptop screen. It was close to 12 in the noon and my mood was getting sour every possible second. Marshmallow Avenue here is Berlin is a cream community and honestly everything about this side of the city is rich. I tried peeping through my window but the only thing I could outline were big, spacious malls and few fancy looking restaurants. They all looked professional and meant business and I'm sure, they had a rigorous process for selecting their staff. Moreover, I was not qualified enough to even try and attempt.

The lady got me breakfast and I obediently ate it. It has been two hours since then and I constantly heard noises from the outside, they were probably cleaning. This isn't going to work, I have to go and search jobs myself, maybe a little persuasion from my side will do the trick.

I head towards the closet and grab a dark green blouse and pair it with a brown skirt. I decided to put effort in making my self look presentable, since the target group in upper class the way you dress and communicate forms the very basis for your selection. I pull my voluminous brown hair into a high pony. My face looked bare. I decided to keep my makeup minimal. My pink lipstick shade gave me a neat look and I grabbed my handbag.

I head downstairs and find good five people cleaning, mopping and vacuuming.They stop their work when they sense me, immediately that same old sour lady comes into the living and I decide to inform her about my little adventure.

"I'm heading out for some work, I will be back by mostly 3-4" I trail off.

"I'm sorry Madam but Mr.Rodriguez needs to approve. you have to understand that I'm just doing my job"

"I have talked to him about this yesterday. You can always confirm it with him. I'm sorry but I have to go" I don't wait for her reply and for the first time since my wedding I head out independently

Here goes my job hunt.

*********

The busy streets and the hustle of the city excite me. Seattle was a great place too but something about Berlin felt accepting. The sun was high up ,while the birds happily sang about in the clear blue sky.

I pull my hand bag over my shoulder and start walking towards the big mall. It had transparent glasses while the inside looked quite Morden with its intricate structures and a coloured wall fountain. I pass by few rich boutiques, few big brand outlets. They were adequately spaced and where trimmed to suit the higher class preferences better.

One boutique in particular catches my eye. It read 'koniglich'. I didn't know the meaning of that, I wasn't even sure how to pronounce it. It was different from the other stores. It was minimum sized but it's theme attracted me the most. It was just plain black and burning red. It looked spectacular and  had an air of elegance.

The entrance was transparent and it had few shimmering white dresses and gowns on the mannequins. I didn't know if the boutique would pay me enough. I had few finance core subjects as my electives and I hoped I could manage to secure a job here. They probably would pay me very less but I kind of like it here, I don't mind spending my break doing some accounts.

I push open the door and fresh, flavoured essence of strawberries hits me. The air conditioner had a cooling effect and I instantly find peace. There weren't many people around. There was a huge desk in the centre while the rest of the place looked well kept and extremely hygiene.

Today being a Wednesday there wasn't much crowd. I decided to stand by the big desk at the centre and wait for some one to acknowledge me. There weren't any staff, helpers around too.

"Excuse me" I turn around to find an elegant looking lady. She was probably in her early fifties. She was dressed in a royal blue pencil skirt. She was plump and carried herself with high regard.

"Good Afternoon Mam, I'm Nevaeh...I would like to meet the recruitment manger here. Ah- I'm here looking for a job" I expectantly look at her.

"Nice meeting you Nevaeh, I'm Edla Williamson. I'm the chief designer and the owner. I'm sorry young lady but I'm afraid we don't have any position to offer"

"Mam just anything would be fine, I can be a helper, I'm good with accounts. Please man just reconsider my request" My voice was extremely soft.

She looked a little hesitant. She was a blonde, her hair was tied in a tight bun. Her eyes were kind, she was a beautiful looking women. She had big blue eyes and her neck was adorned with a simple diamond necklace.

"I have to politely decline the request child. But you can always drop your number so that we could contact you whenever necessary" she sincerely says it to me. She looked like a good women.

"Just one chance Mam please, I promise you I'll work diligently. Mam please, I'm desperate" My eyes held here's pleadingly. She sighs and looks around.

"Okay, please come to my cabin. Let's not talk here" she starts walking away from the entrance and I silently follow her. She was a great designer, all her pieces looked delicate and modern. They weren't showing much skin but they were well crafted for any kind of women. They highlight the delicate curves of a female.

The roof was high enough. There were few grand chandeliers too. I suddenly felt left out in this place. There is so much of richness just about everywhere. I was never exposed to this sort of luxurious lifestyle.

Her cabin was spacious and perfectly designed for a designer. Charts hanging on the walls, there was a big board which was pinned with idea and few stick notes. She had a big mahogany desk, there was a MacBook Pro, few files scattered on the table.

"Take your seat."

I set my hand bag down and sit down.

"Do you want some water Nevaeh?" She leaned on her desk and inter laced her fingers together. She had a platinum bracelet on her right hand, while her left hand had a watch.

I suddenly felt my wrist bare, these days I always forget to carry my watches collection. The habit was wearing off.

"No Madam, thank you" I give her my full blown smile.

"Very well. So Nevaeh how old are you? What are you pursuing?Tell me child"

"I have turned 20 this March. I'm in still in university, I'm done with my second year. I'm pursing a double degree in statistics and economics. I have few elective subjects in Finance and my dad...he was a Chief Financial Officer for a reputed MNC so I have learned quite some from him" she smiles at me and casually nods her head

"That's good, but can I ask you why have you specifically chosen my boutique for a job. I'm sure your dad must be helping you to navigate your career"

"I'm originally from Seattle and it's just recently I have moved to Berlin...because of few personal commitments. Honestly mam your boutique is unlike any other store I have ever come across. There is a certain warmness here. I'm looking for a part time job"

"Okay, Nevaeh can I ask you something personal"

"Yes.." I nervously tuck my strands behind my ear, her blue eyes were looking right through me.

"Are you married?" her eyes look down to my ring finger and I unconsciously rub the big stone.

"Yes Mam." I don't dare to meet my eyes with hers

"Nice...Nice. What's your husband's occupation? Where does he work and what does he do? I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable with my questions, but I need to checks few things. Part of my job"

"Uh- I.."

I didn't know what to say, she looked kind enough but can I reveal it her that I'm married to the infamous Business Tycoon Terence Rodriguez. Will it be worth it? Will I land a job because of my husband's power?

She expectantly looks at me and I blush under her stare.

"I'm married to Terence Rodriguez—

She suddenly gasps. Her warm face instantly grows a little concerned. Her eyes become as big as saucers and I anxiously anticipate her next word

"Oh..oh! So you are that women. That mysterious women. I'm so sorry, just give me a second." She grabs a bottle on her desk and take two sips.

"I'm sorry child, I just didn't expect someone like you being that man's—

"I understand." I immediately cut her. I don't want to react to it especially when it's just been three days since...

"Shouldn't you be on honeymoon dear? I'm sorry if I'm a little nosey. Old brats like me want to know everything" she giggles excitedly and I chuckle at her antics.

"He is a busy man."

"No offence, but you just are too beautiful for your own good. He is missing out." She suggestively raises her eyebrows and I immediately feel ease in conversing with her.

"That's really sweet of you Mam, uh- I just want to keep it little low. I don't want anyone knowing this...I hope you understand Mam"

"I respect your privacy dear but why, you married an eligible Bachelor. He is rich, you are young. You should be busy making kids! nonetheless I'll shut my mouth" I grow red.

"Thank you..so what kind of work will I be doing?" She claps her hands and immediately opens her drawer. She grabs few thick volumes and opens few pages.

"I want you to take care of finance. Of course I have a separate department but I'll take you, just in case"

I nod at her.

"Regarding the pay.." my voice comes out a little low.

"Oh yes, 25 EUR per hour" I can manage.

"When Can I start?" Her mobile pings and she immediately silents it off.

"Right now if that's not a problem dear" she spread her palm on the desk. I give her a excited nod. She gets up and I follow her outside.

"So, I have started 'koniglich' two years back. It's a decent going business. We open at around 11:00 in the morning and close at 10:00 on the week days. It generally extends to 12:00 during weekends. Speaking of which, can you tell me your timings preferences"

"How many hours is ideal Mam?" She Walks in front of me. She was a neat looking woman.

"Maximum 7 hours." She waves away dismissively.

"I can take over after lunch" she gives a nod.

Soon enough we find ourselves standing in the staff changing rooms. It had about 12 rooms while Men's was on the other side. I find two girls busily conversing, on hearing Mrs.Williamson they stand alert. Disciplined.

"Sophie can you gather everyone here" The girl, Sophie gives me a side glance and immediately rushes to the other side, calling out names.

She had fiery red hair, she looked pale yet attractive. My gaze move towards the other girl who was conversing with her. She had rich black hair. She looked a little funky with her  blue highlights.

Their uniforms were a white stitched Blouses and black pencil skirts. They wore golden batches, which had their name printed in bold. The girl with the dark hair. Her name was Chloe.

Soon enough we are surrounded by around ten people. There were around 7 girls and threes boys. I observe the girl ratio was quite high, which is not unusual since it's a women exclusive boutique.

"Guys I want all of you to welcome Nevaeh here, she is a part time employee, her working hours will be after 2 in the noon. She is an add on to  the finance department"

I awkwardly stand there, I could feel them observing me and I grow a little uncomfortable

"Up with introductions now" she claps her hands and smilingly declares.

It starts from the left corner, one by one they start introducing themselves. Sophie is the first one followed by Chloe. They both were practically glued to their hips, so they are close. My eyes move from Chole to a shy looking blonde, her thick mass of curls and adorable freckles were extremely cute, she gives me a shy smile and I reciprocate the same.

"Olivia"

Then next my eyes shift to two extremely similar looking girls, identical twins.  Both of them had faded brown her and dark eyes. They both were extremely tall, I smile at them and they engulf me in a hug, rather welcoming. And lastly I find a short and a little stout girl,maybe a women, I don't know she looked a little older. She gives me a professional smile.

"Ava"

"Hi" I hesitantly whisper.

My eyes then shifts to the boys. Or men maybe...

"Hey I'm Brett" a short looking but well built guy stretches his hand, he wears a charming expression and his sea green eyes get highlighted. He looked a little older maybe 22.

My eyes next move to a tall and lanky guy, he wore big black spectacles. He had short hair and looked more like an introvert. I smile at him and he does the same in return.

"Can we get done with this already!" I turn around and lock eyes with an extremely good looking man, really good one.

He had black long hair, his deep brown eyes held irritation. He was tall, so very tall that I had to crane my neck. His mouth slightly opened and I just stood stunned there.

"Oh come on Gabby! Don't you have a single hospitable bone! Tsk man" Brett places his arm on his shoulder and playfully hits me. He glares at him return while few girls start giggling.

"I'm sorry Nevaeh. Gabby here doesn't know how to treat beautiful girls" Brett shakes his head disappointedly, playfully. I hold my smile.

"By the way Nevaeh meet Gabriel Wender. You can call him Gabby too! And by the just so you know, he loves pink and power puff girls!" Gabriel starts hitting Brett and Brett playfully laughs away.

I give them a smile, I'm sure my mind will definitely be off things and unconsciously I remove my wedding ring and drop it in my bag.

*********

New characters, new turns..! What do you think?

Did you like it?

If yes!!!!!

Then please don't forget to vote and please don't forget to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 494 20
"Please, let him go!" I begged, struggling to free myself but his tight grip around me refused to budge. A scream escaped me as he jerked me around t...
1.7M 63.8K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
1.5M 62.1K 52
"Ashima come with me, we need to talk" Edward said and before I could react he took hold of my hand leading us out of the club ignoring my protest as...
747K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...