The Unknown (Alastor x reader)

By LunerPhoenix

(Y/n) is a young 16 year old girl with an achoholic father who killed her mother. After running away she meet... More

Black Deer in the Moonlit Medow
Dancing with a Devil
Just a Tear in the Water
The Victorian Man Cloaked in Red
The Promises of Friendship
Colors of a Grand Silloette
The Silence of Shadows
Hot Embers in the Dark of Night
Friends from the Other Side
Darling, Wake up!
Bitter Tea Makes the Worries Flee
A Note for the Quivering Fawn
The Wolf and the Deer (part 1)
A/N
The Wolf and the Deer (part 2)
Twisting Stairs and Lively Hallways
Let the Fire Roar
Glowing Paths and Lit Up Trees
Red Chairs in front of Fire Places
The Secret That Began to Form
Endless Hallways and Doors to Home
Warm Water Calms Quaking Minds till Night
Sleepless Nights Leave the Mind to Wander
A/N: Q and A
Q and A Answers!
The Beast may be Closer than you Think
And so the Door Creaked Open, to show Light
The First Dance of Blood
A Ring on Notes and a Room of Fear
Every little Bird that Sings a Song
A/n; Please Read
The Closer you Look the More you'll see
Air Parts for the Silver Septer
The Mighty Eagel Crys over Land
Fumbleing in the Dark
One Less 'Cig' for the Teens
A Nightmare Shaped as a Dream
Music Boxes Among a Sea of Velvet
Reality is the Place where Hopes Die
Memories are Little More than Curses
Phones off the Hook
Deep, Fathomless Red behind Shut Curtains
Hearts Ache Together in Silence
Dreams that Shroud the Truth
Soaring on Wings of Light and Dark
I was tagged twice, here are my answers:
Bloody Streets and Broken Glass
The Ending of a Fairytale Lullaby
Memories and Story Closer

A Dance with the Deer

14.1K 449 252
By LunerPhoenix

Edited on Sept. 22nd, 2021

"A-Ala...stor?" You had managed to get out, eyes stinking from threatening tears, trying to break free from your eyes. You felt weak, clinging to the shirt of a demon for support and relief from your own aching heart. The two of you stood there for a long five minutes or so, Alastor unmoving as you sobbed, letting out all of your built-up emotions from over the past few nights. It felt like forever, the only sounds in the silent room being that of your sorrow and the still running water behind you.

"I-I'm sorry-y," Your eyes were reddened from crying once you got yourself to look up at the face of the demon, his rose-red eyes narrowing down at you in a thoughtful way. He didn't say anything back for a while, long enough for you to stay worrying that you had upset him somehow. Maybe about how you had just crumpled his shirt or got it damp, feeling bad, you had started to sink down in guilt, though he spoke soon after

"Why don't we go settle in the Game Room, my dear? We can talk about your bothers there." He proposed, watching as you softly nodded, letting him go and following him silently through the kitchen after turning the water off. Walking through the kitchen, through the staircase room, and into your destination area. As soon as your rear hit the leather sofa, words just started pouring out from your lips. 

What happened with your father (both before and after the shooting), how she felt about the situation, your fear of your father, the sadness and blame you felt for your mother's death, how homesick you felt, how utterly alone you felt. The whole time you rambled, the deer demon just say there and listened the whole time, his crimson gaze locked on your shivering form, shaking like a leaf in the wind. But, unknown to you, Alastor already knew the whole story, he had seen the whole thing when he had made the deal with your mother. 

But, after a moment, it seemed that you had caught the demon off guard: "B-but, at least I met you, A-Alastor, I'm glad," You had said with a smile through your crying eyes, making eye contact for the first time since you and he had sat down. Though he wouldn't admit it, Alastor was skeptical of your words, though he also found a sense of amusement in them. I wonder why that would be.

Your fists tightened in your lap as more tears hit the back of your harshly folded palms, your nails digging into (s/c) flesh. After a moment, Alastor got up and walked over to you, your curious gaze following him from his seat until she stood beside you with an outstretched hand. 

"Shall we dance, darling?" He asked in a smooth tone, this time, catching you off guard.

~~~

Your (e/c) eyes slowly peek through your eyelids, your forearm draped lazily over your forehead with a half-asleep glimmer in your orbs. Your sheets covered your whole lower half, their fluffy off-white layers massed up from your tossing and turning throughout the night. A soft yawn escaped your lips as you raked your mind for the memories of last night, your mind still hazy from sleep. You hadn't slept exactly well, but it could have also been worse-- it was a better sleep than the past three nights.

'Last night,' You thought, trying to remind yourself of you and Alastors actions, 'Alastor and I danced until I fell asleep...' Honestly, this all felt like a hazy daydream to you, a fairytale, maybe. Dancing with a demon, living in a large house in the woods, running from a problem that was caused by your family, all of it and more. It sounded like a dream you'd have in your younger years; only this is one you wouldn't wake up from. And, some part of you didn't want to.

Was it the fact that you were finally free from your father? That you felt safe and happy here? But another part of you wanted to slap yourself awake. but, this was a dream you'd never wake from. Not death, but life itself. Your fear of your father was slowly being replaced by anger and coldness, though after seeing your nightgown laying at the foot of your bed a happy feeling found its way into your troubled mind.

Getting up from the bed, you tossed the covers back and walked over to where the white down laid limply, waiting for you to pick it up. After picking it up, you changed into a set of clothes you had gotten yesterday. Pulling the shirt on over your head and smoothing it down over your pants, you made your way out of your room and then down the stairs. 

Making your way down into the living room once you hit the bottom step, you found that you were correct in your assumptions. There was indeed a fire still going in the fireplace, flickering and waving as if beckoning you over and welcoming your plan. The chill of this winter's morning nipping at your feet as you made your way closer to the flames, their faint glow warming your skin as you drew closer still. Alastor, who was sitting on one of the large throne-like chairs beside the fire, looked up as you passed by him, a small, hand-sized book open in one hand.

Just as soon as you stopped in front of the glowing pit, he watch with a curious gaze as you bent down and tossed the cloth into the fire. The embers lapped at the cheap cloth and turned it a gross yellow, then brown, and after that, a charred black. 

"What was that for, darling?" The demon spoke up questioningly, his static-like voice making the air around you buzz softly like being inside of a radio. He looked back down at his book, though he was still listening for your answer, the smell of burning cloth filling the air. 

You watched the flames consume the nightgown for a few moments, the threads coming unraveled from the seering heat of the coals under it. "I do not want anything from my father, no longer am I living that life." You had answered, holding your forearms to your sides, trying to keep yourself from regretting your choice. Yes, that gift was from your father, but your mother had also helped him pick it out. The action didn't mean anything to you in truth, but the symbolism was everything. You were remind yourself of what he did, that you wanted no part of that life anymore, that you were no living your own happier life, not the sad and fearful one he had forced upon your mother and you.

Unknown to you, Alastor's grin had widdened behind his book, his bloody gaze sharpening with contentment as he hummed softly in responce. A soft chuckle left his lips as his gaze flicked over to the now burnt dress, amused by your actions still. After that, the day had gone by rather smoothly and uneventfully. Between once again eating alone at breakfast and then going outside to explore around your new home, you had been trying to find things to keep yourself busy. You had not only learned that there were a total of 27 rooms in the house you lived in, but a small shed in the back, making it 28. 

All of the rooms and counting consisted of; four bedrooms, four bathrooms, five closets, a living room, a game room, a kitchen, a dining room, a celler, two libraries, an office, the shed, a laundry room, a sun room, a music room, a large pantry (which you had counted to be a room in itself), and then Alastor's bedroom and ajoining bathroom, which you had counted to be two rooms. And outside, you had found a large flowering feild nearby, which you had picked a large bundle of flowers from. And now, here you were, once again sitting at the table. 

Your chin rested in your palm as you looked at the flowers you had picked, their rainbow blooms resting within a pretty vase you had found in the kitchen. And here, you found your mind wondering back to your past life, as always. Would he be waiting for you at school tomorrow? If he was, would be force you to go back home, or kill you too? What had he done with your mother's body? Had he already been caught for her murder? What would happen if he found you and followed you back here, your new home?

And, if he found you, would Alastor still help you? Would he be mad at you for letting him find you? What would Alastor do to him? Your dinner, once steaming with heat, now was chilled around the edges, which caused you to start eating fast, trying not to let your meal get any chillier. Still lost in your own mind, you hadn't noticed when the demon himself had walked into the room from his hunting, his eyes scanning the room before landing on your trembling form. 

You hadn't noticed how worried you looked until you felt a hand on your shoulder, causing you to jump harshly and turn your head so fast it hurt your neck. But, you had calmed down a lot more when you had met Alastor's eyes and that large, black-lipped grin that was aimed down at you.

"O-Oh! Alastor, you startled me," you said with a soft chuckle, setting your fork down. "Do you need something? You came back awfully quick." You dared not say anything bout your train of thought, since you assumed that getting ready for yet another week of school had you on edge. You looked back down at your food for a moment before peering back up at him.

"You just looked worried is all, dear," He said, lifting his hand and going to sit across the table from you, crossing his arms in front of himself, watching as you forced out an unsure smile. 

"Did I? I'm sorry, I must have been lost in thought again," You admitted softly, taking another bite of your dinner, which was only room temp by now.

"You know," The demon started, reaching up to touch one of the flowers you had brought in from the feild. "Even if he does show up, I can still garentee your safety." His words had caught you off gaurd, making you look up at him quickly. How had he known that's what you were troubling over?

"That was part of the deal, after all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 6.4K 30
As a new demon in hell, you appear to be easy prey. But that is further from the truth. You are no damsel in distress. But then you meet someone just...
153K 5.2K 37
COMPLETE! •───────•°•°•───────• "𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞�...
249K 7.1K 38
(Y/n), a normal teenage girl living a comfortable sub-urban life. Supporting friends and family along with good grades in school. Until she meets the...
26.1K 778 33
(Y/n) and Alastor are married! The two have taken out most of the Von Eldritches, but a small group have fled for other overlords. Turns out there we...