Let the Rain Fall (Gale, Nalu...

By truth000

A Delinquent and a Bookworm. A Teacher and a Student. A Boy with an Unforgettable Past and Girl with no Past... More

Let the Rain Fall (A Gale, Nalu, and Jerza fan fiction)
A Fresh Start
A New Job
An Encounter
Hatred and Determination
Our Similar Miserable Lives
The Second Encounter
The Pain of the Stage
The Banished Prince
The Strange and the Meaningful
Meetings and Forgiveness
Studying With a Slice of Pizza
A Brother's Intuiton
A Little Too Friendly
Redemption and Damnation
Cinderella Story
Bliss
Hospitals and Noodles
Our Casual Affair
A New Acquaintence
Rainy Weather
Tied with a Ribbon
A Heart for A Heart
Just For A Talk
The Challenges of Us
Birthday Presents
Bonding
Addicted to Scandal
Hiding in the Dark
Emotional Roller Coaster
First Date
A Love Connection Like No Other
Trouble in Paradise
Family Reunions
The Loss of A Great One
All Things Must Come to an End
Author's Note
Time Is Of The Essence
Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures
Hi im not dead. Please read srsly
Sweet Beginnings (NSFW)

The Trip (Part 1)

16.7K 649 821
By truth000

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! First of all, I'm not dead. I am breathing, but ya know what? I've been so fucking lazy XD this chapter has been just SITING on my computer for who knows how long, and after SEVERAL and SEVERAL comments and messages about it, I decided that I was going to finish it...last month. Now it's finals week, so I thought I'd owe you guys something. I'm sorry that its short. Again, I was lazy. So here's your Chapter, SO CALM YO TITS PEOPLE! Anyhoo here's finally Chapter 36, ENJOOOOY!

***********************************************************************************************************************

Levy P.O.V

I impatiently waited at the train station, awaiting for my...I honestly didn't know what to call Gajeel anymore at that point.

After everything had happened between me and my family and Gajeel's involvement in it, I had completely ignored him. But that still didn't stop him from the constant texts and the constant voice mails he had left me. The girls had told me to go easy on him, since he'd apologized over a billion times. But to tell you the truth...I didn't know if I was actually ready to forgive him or not.

Soon, I found Gajeel walking his way over to the platform with a simple, small luggage and a strange satchel hanging across his body. When our eyes met, there was a sudden sinking feeling. Seeing his face after a few days, and especially his apologetic eyes, made my heart almost drop. But being the prideful being I am, I didn't show my true emotions and simply said, "You're here."

Gajeel took a deep breath and continued to stare down at me. "Yeah, I'm here. I mean, you're here too, aren't you?" My heart skipped a beat when he said that. He still cares, I thought to myself. Even after ignoring him for a few days. I shook the thought out of my mind and continued to hold my ground. "That doesn't mean that I want you here."

Gajeel sighed. "Look, Levy-"

"I don't want to talk about it," I snapped. "I am here for Lucy and Lucy only, so don't get your hopes up about anything happening this week!" His eyes flickered in sadness. He reached out to me, but I backed away almost instantly. Then, there was the sound of the train's shrieking whistle blowing, and the conductor yelling for all boarding passengers to board the train. Without saying another word, I whipped my hair back and walked towards the train.

Due to my lack of foreshadowing, Gajeel and I were stuck in a booth together. Alone. I sat down on one side of the booth and simply looked at through the window as the train rushed its way on the tracks. Once in a while, I would quickly take a glimpse at whatever Gajeel was doing. There was even a time Gajeel was adjusting his luggage standing up, giving me a perfect view of his butt. Damn, why does he have to have a great ass, I thought in agony, my face turning ridiculously red.

I had slept in the train for a few hours, and my body went from slightly freezing to slightly warm. My eyes slowly opened and I saw nothing but big, tan muscular arms wrapped protectively around my waist. My eyes widened when I recognized whose arms they were. I slowly looked up a slee ing Gajeel resting his head on top of mine. He looked so peaceful and calm when he's asleep; so very innocenct. A small part of me wanted to push him off and yell at him for touching me without my permission. But there was a bigger part of me who missed this. I missed the way he skin felt on mine. I missed his warm embrace. If only he had actually told me about my parents, otherwise this trip would be a lot more...enjoyable? I didn't want to do this anymore. I didn't want to be mad at Gajeel forever.

I adjusted my head against his chest and took a deep breath. I gently laced my fingers with his and almost felt at ease. I suddenly felt a familiar pair of lips on my forehead that made my head tingle. "I see you're awake," he murmured softly, making me shiver down my spine. I nodded. "I don't like fighting with you."

"I don't like fighting with you," I whispered , squeezing his arm. I could feel him tightening his grip on me, and I could feel his hot breath against my neck. "I hate fighting with you too...I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you by hiding that secret...I just wanted your dad to like me."

I looked up at him in his dark eyes and sighed. "At least you were hiding it for a good reason...still would've really liked it if you had just told me the truth."

"I know, and I swear, I won't hide anything from you again!" I smiled softly and wrapped my arms around his neck. I gently kissed the side of his neck and simply rested my chin on his shoulder. I could feel his hands go up to my hair, gently caressing it. I loved the way his hands felt. I loved everything about Gajeel.

I loved Gajeel.

I fell asleep once again, but when I woke up, I was no longer in Gajeel's embrace. I stretched my arms and squinted my eyes to see Gajeel looking at a bunch of papers. I yawned and rubbed my eyes with exhaustion. "What are you doing?" I yawned.

He looked up and smiled. "Glad you're up. We'll be in Aubos in about in an hour." I got up and walked over to his side, looking at all the stacks of paperwork. "Gajeel, what is all this. This looks like a-"

"Case file. My case file to be exact."

"Why do you have your own case file?"

"Because after our fight, I went to the police station to get my okay to leave the country, when I was confronted by this cop. He said there was a bunch of piling evidence that could possibly re-open my case." My eyes opened wide, and my jaw dropped. I squealed and practically pounced him, kissing him repeatedly while trying hard to keep down my joyful laugh. I felt a tear down my face watched it drop down his face. He wiped it away with his giant thumb and asked, "Why are you crying?"

"Why am I crying?" I gasped, not believing what he was asking me. "Gajeel, this is it! This is your moment! The other kids won't bully you at school anymore! People won't stare at you! Ugh, this is just so amazing!" I was actually surprised on how calm Gajeel was. All he did was continue to wipe away my tears and smile. I smiled back and let my fingers graze over his facial piercings. Things were finally turning out the way they were supposed to be.

When we arrived to Aubos, I was welcomed with the fresh scent of sea salt. Aubos was a small country right by the ocean, so it was always sunny and warm there. I felt almost completely refreshed as the sun light touche my skin. "Wow...We're actually here!" I exclaimed.

"Thank God. I didn't think we'd ever leave that fucking train," Gajeel growled. Now that we were finally at our destination, we had one mission and one mission: to find that bloody Dr. Thantos. "Let's go! We have to find that doctor!" I exclaimed urgently.  

"Hold your horses, missy," Gajeel said. "How about we check into our hotel first, and then we can go find this doctor."

"But we're wasting time then, and time isn't something that Lucy has!" I reminded him.

"I realize that, but do you really want to be searching for this dude while carrying our bags?" I realized what he was talking about. Our bags were massive and were supposed to contain a week's worth of clothes (which indeed can be heavy). I sighed and nodded. "You're right. Let's go check into our hotel."

The Marrine Hotel was a very huge and expensive looking hotel, so for a moment I had wondered how on earth did Gajeel afford this, and then I remembered him telling me about the life insurance his mother had left him, which was apparently massive enough to afford this hotel. When the bell boy showed us to our room, I was absolutely mesmerized. Everything just looked so glamorous. There was a wide window view of the beach where we had arrived from, along with some strip of the city. Our bathroom was bloody huge and had its own hot tub, and shower, and a fucking steam shower. I swear, the fucking Queen should've stayed in this suite instead of us. But what caught my attention was the bed.

Just a bed.

Not plural.

Bed.

"Ah fuck," Gajeel groaned. "I told them I wanted a two bed suite!" My face was slowly turning a crimson bed. I walked up behind him and said, "It's alright...We can manage somehow..." Gajeel looked at me and cleared his voice. "A-Alright....We can deal with this later...Let's just go and find that stupid Dr. Thantos."

I nodded in agreement. "Alright, let's go!"

After talking to a lot of locals, we were able to track down Dr. Thantos at Aubos Legacy hospital. The hospital was enormous, almost twice as large as the hospital Lucy was attending. The area swarmed with white lab coats and people in wheelchairs, and for a minute I was feeling a little uneasy. "How are we going to find him in this large area?" I heard Gajeel mutter.

"We're just going to have to do what we'be been doing all day: keep on asking," I groaned. 

"Fucking Christ," Gajeel groaned. We headed towards the desk to ask the woman where the doctor was, when I suddenly felt something rubbing my ass. "Gajeel," I hissed. "This is not the time to be touching me!"

"What are you talking about?" Gajeel asked. "I'm not touching you at all." My eyes widened and I froze when I suddenly realized he was right. I began to hear the sound of mumbling behind me. "Hmm....Firm ass, yet no signs of retracing muscles when you walk...I'm guessing a size...two in panties. And you really need to do some squats." 

I screamed and ran behind Gajeel, shaking in both fear and anger. The man who touched me looked no older than forty, with a six-o'clock shadow and had hair as grey as smoke. He was wearing a dirty suit and had a cigar in his mouth "What the hell do you think you're doing!" 

"Who the fuck do you think you are touching my girl," Gajeel growled.

"I was simply just inspecting her posterior to make sure it was healthy. Which it is. Good job, young lady."

I was flabbergasted. "W-W-What?! Who the hell do you think you are!" I yelled, stilled cowarding behind Gajeel yet also keeping him from beating the crap out of the old man. 

"Why miss, I'm just a doctor," he simply said.

"Doctor my ass, you're a pervert!" I yelled.

"Whatever you say, he chuckled." There was suddenly a beeping noise coming out of his pants, which turned out to be his pager.  "Well, got to go. Got a patient internally bleeding. Sounds FUN, doesn't it? If you ever need me, here's my card." He simply drops his card to the ground, takes a puff of smoke, and walks away into an elevator to the side. I was fuming with anger. I wanted to kick that man in the balls so hard that his testicles would disappear. While Gajeel went over to pick up the card, I began to vent out. "That...The nerve of that man! I should've let you  punch and kick him!"

"Levy-"

"I mean, he was touching my butt! He figured out my underwear size!"

"Levy, loo"

"And squats! I fucking do squats! My ass is fucking firm, not a fucking pillow!"

"LEVY!" Gajeel yelled, making me freeze. 

"What?!"

"That doctor...He was the doctor."

I was confused. "What are you talking about?"

Gajeel groaned. "That doctor-the one who touched your butt-was none other than Dr. Thantos himself. 

Gajeel P.O.V

I wasn't excited about that dude touching Levy, but looking at the card and it reading "Dr. James Thantos" was probably the most irritating thing I had ever seen. Levy looked flustered in anger, confusion, and mainly irritation. "Oh my God....That creep?! Really!" Levy cried out.

I sighed. "Not the greatest news I've heard this week, but at least we've found him. Let's go talk to front desk lady about him." I walked up to the desk, where a kind-looking receptionist sat typing away into her computer. When she noticed me, she flashed an employee-friendly smile and said, "Hi, may I help you?"

"Um, yes you can. That doctor that we were just talking to was Dr. Thantos. I was wondering if we could possibly talk to him after his...er...internal bleeding patient?" The woman looked into her computer and began typing away. She had a disappointed-looking look and said to me, "He's pretty booked today and tomorrow, but I can probably squeeze you in for possibly Thursday or Friday?"

"Thursday please. We leave Friday night," I informed her.  She once again began typing into her computer, and a soft ping  was made from the computer. "Alright, you're scheduled for Thursday at three. Is that okay with you?"

"That's perfect. Thank you so much," I smiled.

"Not a problem. Have a nice day!" I walked back to Levy, who I could sense was still probably upset about the whole "pervert" situation. I put both my hands on her shoulder and informed her what the receptionist had told me. She sighed with relief. "Good, that gives me a few days to cool down."

I chuckled and rubbed her head. "Let's go grab a bite to eat. It's been a long day." 

"Agreed," she sighed, grabbing my hand and linking her fingers into mine. After fighting for such a long time, it was great to feel her soft small hands in my giant hands. As we walked down the pavilion, my cell phone began to ring. I reached in my pocket for my phone and found Dragneel's number on my screen. "It's Natsu," I informed Levy before answering the phone. "Hey man."

"Yo. How is it in Aubos?" He asked.

"Very humid compared to Fiore," I laughed. "How's Luce?"

"She's asleep right now. I've been skipping school and just hanging with her for the past few days."

"And your mom's allowing that?"

"She understands since it's Lucy.  So, get any news on that doctor?"

"We had...um...a very interesting confrontation with him, but we have an appointment with him Thursday." 

"Oh thank God. Thanks a lot for doing this for Lucy man."

"You should thank Levy. She's the one that initiated this whole thing."

"Will do. I got to go, Lucy's going to be waking up soon and I'm her entertainment of the evening."

"Alright. Keep me updated," I said before hanging up. "Looks like Lucy is doing alright for now."

Levy sighed, tightening her grip. "Thank God...I'm so on edge right now."

"I think we all are. I think what's best is that we stay calm for Lucy's sake. If we're on edge, she'll be on edge." Levy nodded in agreement. We found a small diner by the beach and decided to eat there. We sat in a small booth and ordered some simple burgers and fries. After ordering, I noticed how uneasy Levy looked. She was twiddling with her thumbs and biting her lip, which means that she had something she really wanted to say but just couldn't. "Alright, spit it out," I said.

"Huh?"

"You have something you want to say. So spit it out," I told her. She didn't bother arguing with me. She took a deep breath and stared at me with a mixture of confidence and slight confusion. "After all this, after we leave Aubos and get that stupid doctor to Lucy...I want to search for my birth mom."

My eyes went wide. "A-A-Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. I want to know who she was. If she was as strict as my mother or not, how she met my father...I really want to know, Gajeel."

I sighed and ribbed my hands on the sides of my temple. "Your dad actually told me some information on her."

Levy's eyes widened. "What?! He did?!"

I nodded. "He met her in Versailles during a conference meeting. He described her as adventerious, imaginative and ambitious. Definitely sounds like you a little."

I could tell Levy was beginning to get a little teary-eyed. "Really?"

"And I don't think it was just a simple one-night stand. I think he had true, genuine feelings for her," I informed her. At that point, Levy broke down. She buried her face in her hands and began to sob loudly, despite the fact that there were other customers in the diner. But I didn't mind. I simply leaned in forward, moved her hands, and wiped away the tears from her eyes. Her face was now very red and fought the urge to cry some more. "It's okay. You can cry as much as you want. I'm here." Levy got up and moved to my side of the booth and cried into shirt, this time more softly. When the waitress walked over with our food and found Levy crying, she looked like she wanted to ask if she was okay. I simiply smiled and said, "It's alright, everything's okay. She's just really happy that the food is ready. We haven't eaten all day. Isn't that right, Levy?"

Levy, still sobbing slightly, looked over at the waitress and saw the piping hot stacks of burgers ad fries siting on the waitress's tray. "O-O-Oh thank God," she stuttered. "It feels like I haven't eaten in a long time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 722 34
Random edits, grammatical errors, but please enjoy ▪️This is an older story which I wrote just for fun. I didn't care for my errors that I made. So t...
24.3K 754 28
Everyone has feelings for each other but how they go about it is the question as this fan fiction of Gajevy/NaLu/Gruvia and Jerza unravels how will t...
92.5K 3K 16
Accidents happen right? People vanish right out of your life when you least expect it. Its how you deal with that pain of losing some one that counts...
105K 3.2K 30
A vampire fan fiction. A story that revolves of a relationship between a human and a vampire. Main couples in this story will be: Jerza, Gruvi...