Superhuman: Dawn of Power

بواسطة Girlinatophat

Professor Clarence Bordeaux, a powerful psychic, is a 'Superhuman' who risks his life to help other people li... المزيد

Awakening
Butterfly
A Perilous Plan
Fire and Ashes
Phantom Heart
The Sound of the Drums
Evil Endeavour
A Happy Family
He's a Beast Somewhere Else
Demon Of the Sky
TV Patrol
A Kiss For Your Thoughts
Little Girl Lost
My Bad, Bad Angel
Perchance To Dream
When We Were Merry
A Confession At Last
Little Girl Found

eps1.11_zer0-day.avi

6 1 0
بواسطة Girlinatophat

Schnee had gathered his friends into one of the lounge areas to watch TV. Everyone had hoped that he had invited them to watch a new movie, since they were too scared to go to the cinema in town themselves. Instead, he had them watching a political debate.

"Why do we have to watch this boring program, Schnee?" Red said as she rolled off of the sofa. "Nobody wants to see this!"

"I-I think it's interesting..." Whimpered Dai, who was quickly shut up my Red's glare.

"It's about the future of our country!" Schnee argued back. "Whomever gets voted in becomes our Prime Minister. They have the power to change our entire country."

"I know I wouldn't mind being Prime Minister." Felice smirked to herself. "But who's the guy in the lead, anyway?"

"We don't know exactly yet, but everyone's eyes are on a man called Harold Dixon." Schnee pointed to a man with light brown hair. "He's not with any of the main parties... he created his own. Usually other, smaller parties don't gain much traction, but..."

"... But for some reason, he's gathered a lot of votes." Ackley continued, "I'm more suspicious about the fact that voters can't point out a reason as to why they're voting for him."

"Oh, I heard about this!" Carlen said, grinning. "They say that they don't really know, that they just like his voice... that he sounds 'right' - whatever that means."

"Sounds like a Superhuman to me." Red rolled back over. "Maybe... he'll make things better for us..."

"Can you see why I'm getting you to watch now?" Schnee smiled at them. "Look, he's about to do his speech now."

Sure enough, Mr. Dixon stood up and faced the camera. "People of the United Kingdom. Today, the Ministry of Defence has an exciting announcement to make regarding the future of our country."

"Ooh, I hope it's free food!" Dai giggled to himself, missing the point.

"Our country has been left open for attack for far too long. We need a new, more modern system for defence. Which is why I propose the  Callister Network." He pointed to an image of a satellite behind him. "Fifteen satellites all around the globe, gathering information and speeding up your mobile networks... even in the most rural areas."

"Ugh, finally!" Felice threw her hands up in the air. "I can get more than two bars of signal! It's a miracle!"

"I'd like to thank everyone that has supported me so far. With luck, I'll soon be your new Prime Minister in a few short years." He continued, "But before tha-"

The screen cut off, showing a blank screen. Everyone looked around in confusion, wondering if they had just had a power cut.

Schnee looked at the back of the TV to check. "The power's still on..." He muttered, partially to himself.

"You all look awfully confused."

The group turned to see Clarence and Luella, both of which just happened to be passing by. They looked at the screen, just as confused as the rest of them.

Just as Schnee was about to switch the TV on and off again, a picture finally came into view. There was a collective gasp as two well-known figures came into view - Hekate and Seth Ailbhe.

"People of the world!" Yelled Hekate, "Your airwaves are under Ailbhe control. Soon, all of your people will be, too."

"So far our lovely hostages here are enough to show that we mean business." Seth gestured to a group of people behind them, all tied up. "Listen to our demands and nobody will get hurt."

"D-Demands?" Ackley whimpered. "I-I hope they don't get too violent..."

"We require someone that even the SCU has failed to capture." Hekate continued, "Mindlapse... come meet with us here, or we'll kill the hostages, one by one!"

"Wh-What the hell-?!" Red jumped up, looking like she was going to kick the TV. "What if he's not watching?!"

"The choice is yours, Mindlapse." Seth approached the camera more closely. "You have three hours to get here... we're being kind."

Seth smashed the camera, leaving the screen blank once more. Everyone sat in silence for a few seconds before responding.

"Wh-What do we do...?" Carlen said, stunned. "What if Mindlapse doesn't show up-?!"

"I'm sure the SCU will sort it out." Schnee told the group. "Right, Professor...?"

Everyone turned to face Clarence. He was trembling, his face pale as snow. Luella attempted to get him to speak, but all that came out were short, fragmented sentences.

"Clarence, it's just as Schnee said... the SCU will take care of it..." Luella tried to reassure him, offering an outstretched hand.

"They won't be able to stop them, you know it's true!" Yelled Clarence, slapping away her hand. "It's my fault this has happened-! MY FAULT!"

As he screamed his last line, a shockwave of sound and emotion overcame everyone in the room. Red, like the others, clutched her head in pain. It was a constant, throbbing pain that wouldn't go away. Tears swelled up in her eyes. She doubted that she'd experience something like this ever again.

Luella, on the other hand, was considerably worse for wear. Her robotic limbs malfunctioned, leaving her collapsed on the ground, clutching her dead robotic arm. She looked as if she wanted to say something, but her mouth refused to let any words escape from her throat.

"M-M-Ms. Yvette-!" Dai and Felice rushed towards her, despite the pain in their heads. Luella didn't respond, her left eye going blank.

"I-I've never seen her like this before..." Ackley soothed Luella, using his powers to try and grow a plant strong enough to prop her up.

Clarence looked at Luella. She couldn't look up at him. He looked as if he was going to faint. Before anyone could say anything else, he crashed into the doorway and ran out. Their headaches subsided.

Luella attempted to stand up to run after him, but Ackley's plants weren't strong enough to support him yet. She fell back down.

Schnee stood up and bowed. "I'll go, Miss. If anyone but you... I'm sure I could knock some sense into him."

Felice patted Luella on the back. "I can tell she trusts you, Schnee... we'll help her out. You go and check on the Professor." She smiled up at him, exchanging the smile that Luella couldn't.

Schnee ran out, remembering where the Professor would go when upset. He had been one of the first few children that he had adopted. They knew each other well. Next to Luella and Sanlo, he considered himself an expert on him.

It didn't take long for Schnee to work out the Professor's connection to Mindlapse. He had read all of the newspaper articles and watched all the documentaries about him as a child. He was surprised that nobody else had called him out about it.

Although he had kept it a secret from the Professor for now, he always thought that he knew. He never did stop him from researching Mindlapse. He wondered why.

He knew he was near when he started to get a headache. Using the pain of it as an indicator, he found where the Professor was hiding.

It was a hallway, usually restricted to students. Schnee ignored this (despite how much it hurt his heart to do so). The hallway was dedicated to Clarence's parents, with flowers galore. Clarence was sobbing near them.

Schnee approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. His headpiece was too weak to hold back his powers when he was emotionally distraught. He would have to be careful - the headache was bad enough.

"It's not your fault, Professor." Schnee said to him. "I know you blame yourself for everything that has occurred since that event..."

"Oh, Schnee... I just don't know what to do..." Clarence turned to look at him. "... If I show my face, they'll surely use me for their evil deeds. The entire world will know who I am - the academy and everyone living in it will be in danger."

"There's other ways of solving this problem, you know." Schnee sat down next to him. "I know the others would be willing to use their powers to help you."

Clarence looked at him with wide eyes. "B-But Red already got hurt last time-! I can't afford for that to happen again!"

"Whatever the risks are... they're sure to be less than whatever those villains have in store for you." Schnee told him, a fire in his eye. "We'll take care of the hostages. Felice can distract everyone else with her illusions. That way, the public won't find out our identities."

"We'll have to use brute force to try and fight the Ailbhe's off." Clarence sighed, "Felice and I can't meddle with their minds, for some reason..."

"There, see? There's no need to make such a fuss." Schnee replied. "I'll make sure those villains won't lay a finger on you or your bride."

Clarence shot a confused glance at Schnee. "Um, I'd want you to take care of your friends first... I don't even have a bride."

"Of course you do!" Schnee grinned at him, "I'll make sure you two are married soon. Even if it means I have to accompany you on every 'mission' you have."

"I'll allow you to come with us to stop the Ailbhe's, but only because we need all of the firepower we've got." Clarence said, dismissing his comments. "I haven't got time for love right now..."

"Professor, that's the most absurd comment I've ever heard you say." Schnee chuckled, "Haven't got time for love? At this rate, you'll claim to never have time for it. You're just scared of something..."

"I-I'm not scared, Schnee-!" Clarence's face reddened. "How can someone be afraid of love?"

"I'm not the one who is." Schnee said with a smirk. "Now, come back. Your love is waiting for you~"

Clarence stood up and shot a glare at Schnee. "You never used to be like this as a child. I don't know where you've got that attitude of yours from-"

"I simply wish to see you happy, Professor." Schnee smiled at him. "As do the others... if I must play a hand in your life like this to ensure your future happiness... then so be it."

"... I suppose I don't really have any other choices for best man at my wedding, IF I end up having one." Clarence and Schnee began walking together, back to the others. "So don't start rehearsing your speech just yet."

"Bold of you to assume that I haven't already got a speech." Schnee winked at him, "You should see the wedding I have planned for you two!"

"W-We haven't even started dating yet-!" Clarence argued back. "Look, Schnee, why don't you concern yourself with, um... perhaps your dating life...?"

"Maybe later." Schnee shrugged his shoulders. "I'm young. I have plenty of time. Besides, dating somebody here would be... difficult. They'd wonder why I'm so cold all of the time."

"Surely you can meet someone that would accept your abilities." Clarence smiled at him in assurance. "They'd be lucky to have a man such as yourself!"

"Awww... thank you, Professor..." Schnee said with a slight blush. "... Although, I doubt I'll come to you for advice."

"Y-Yes, I'm not the best at romance, I'll admit..." Clarence laughed, "... It's been a while for me. Last time I went on a date, I was a teenager."

"Oh? You haven't told me about this." Schnee tilted his head. "Was teenaged Clarence Bordeaux a player?"

"N-No-!" Clarence's face turned bright red. "I could never be that! I'm far too... easily embarrassed..."

"I'll get the details from Luella later." Schnee ran ahead, hoping to get to Luella first. "You'll have to stop me if you don't want your secrets to be spilled!"

"S-Schnee-! Get back here-!" Clarence chased after him, his feet pounding against the floor. He didn't realise how fast Schnee could be sometimes, especially when it came to romance.

————————————-

lov u schnee

- hatty

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

37.6K 3K 37
Jay West and his friends are all alone. Stuck in a world without superhumans, they try to adjust to living as regular people. But soon, that task ma...
Vires Academy: Super Powers بواسطة Mr Bean

الخيال (فانتازيا)

1M 30.6K 42
Vires Academy: A school where many of the students develop an unnatural power. Some say it could be called a super power. The school is where they ca...
266 4 15
4-21-23 (REWRITTEN TO ANOTHER BOOK) --- Have you ever wondered; a school full of freaks? There are a lot, of course, but we are talking about mytholo...
The University بواسطة yours_truly_forever_

الخيال (فانتازيا)

934 46 24
this story is based on a girl named abgail blackheart, going to a new university for her strange new power and apperantly shes not the only one with...