True Heir

By euphoria_nina

So, apparently the richest man in the state is now close friends with me, a diner girl. And apparently his be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43: II
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
Reminder to Rude Readers

Chapter 20

101K 3K 102
By euphoria_nina

Chapter 20

I was currently watching TV as I played with Jake's hair as he sleeps. I heard Jake's phone ring from the bedside table.

I reached out and grabbed it, hitting the answer button. "Hey, Kaleb."

"Hey. Yeah, sorry, just realized I didn't have your number so I called Jake's phone. Anyways, I'm at the lobby, on the way to the elevator."

Wow, that was fast. It's only been 35 minutes or something.

"Oh, okay. Just ring the door bell when you're here."

"Alright. See you in a few."

I ended the phone call and placed his phone back on the table. I sighed as I thought of how I'll get Jake off me.

He was luckily in deep sleep so his hold on me wasn't tight. I gently removed his arm from around my waist and placed his head on a pillow.

I stood up and grabbed my phone just in time for the door bell to ring, quite loud if I may add, it made Jake groan and roll over to his back.

He was still asleep when I headed out of his room and to the front door.

I opened it to see a smiling Kaleb in light jeans and a black polo under his coat, a small paper bag in his hands.

"Hey." I said stepping aside letting him come in.

"Hi. Here's what you wanted. I hope I got the right one or else I'm gonna sue that woman behind the counter." he joked making me chuckle as he handed me the bag.

I got the bag from him. "Thanks."

"No prob." He said taking off his coat. I then noticed that he was looking at me up and down.

"What?"

His eyes snapped back to my face. He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. It's just—you're like a billionaire now and instead of wearing branded clothes, here you are in plain, simple jeans and a shirt."

I smiled and shrugged. "I may be a billionaire but I don't like showing it off. I mean yeah, I have branded stuff, but I don't use it everyday."

He chuckled lightly. "You're right."

"Well, I'll just get this up to him. You can watch TV or something if you want." I said heading to the stairs.

I went to Jake's room and saw that he wasn't in bed.

"Jake?" I called and I was answered by the sound of puking, but now in the bathroom.

I threw the bag on his bed and put some water in a glass then hurriedly made my way to the bathroom to see Jake bent over the toilet coughing.

I sat down worriedly beside him and rubbed his back. "You done?"

He nodded and sat on the floor, clutching his head between his hands as he groaned.

I flushed the toilet and handed him the water. He took it and gulped half of it down.

"Thanks. Sorry about this." he said sighing and leaning his head back on the wall.

I swiped his hair away from his slightly damp forehead. "It's alright. How are you feeling? You puked out everything you ate. I made Kaleb buy some medicine, but you can't take it with an empty stomach."

"Kaleb?" he asked confused as I helped him up and out of the bathroom.

I nodded. "Yeah, he's downstairs watching TV right now, is it alright that he's here? Or do you want me to make him leave?"

He shook his head and sat on the bed. "No, it's fine, I guess."

I grabbed the bag from his bed and placed it on the bedside table. "I'll cook you something so you can drink your meds, alright? What do you want?"

He shook his head. "You don't have to cook. I made some mac n' cheese awhile ago, I only got to eat two spoons before I lost my appetite. It's in the fridge, I can just heat it up." he said standing up.

I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him down. "No. Stay in bed, I got it handled."

"Nina, I'm fine. I swear." he insisted.

I raised an eyebrow. "Jake, you're heating up, you're pale and you've been puking—"

"Doesn't mean I can't eat downstairs, right?" he said smiling up at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But you're coming back up here after."

He smiled and stood up again. "Yes ma'am."

I made a face making him chuckle. I grabbed both our phones and the bag of medicine.

"Come on, let's get you to eat." I said grabbing his hand as we made our way out of his bedroom and down stairs, where Kaleb was busy watching TV.

"Kaleb." Jake called making Kaleb turn his head to us.

He smiled and stood up. "Hey. Wow, Jake you look like shit." He said following us to the kitchen.

I chuckled and shook my head as I opened the fridge taking out his left over mac n' cheese.

Jake sat down on the stool rolling his eyes and gave Kaleb the finger making him laugh.

I rolled my eyes at their childishness as I put the plate in the microwave and set the timer.

"But thanks for getting the meds." Jake said.

"No prob, man. How are you feeling though?"

"Look like shit, feel like shit." he said groaning, burying his head in his arms on the island.

"He has a fever now." I said getting the hot plate out and placing a fork on it as I grabbed the juice and placed it in front of Jake.

"Damn. That sucks. Well, there's not much going on in the office anyways—"

"Good. Because Nina here won't let me do any work." Jake said cutting off Kaleb as he began eating.

I rolled my eyes as Kaleb chuckled. "Oh shut up and eat." I said sitting on the stool in front of him.

I then faced Kaleb. "You owe me an explanation."

"Oh, yeah. Long story short. I started working again about two months ago. I actually used to work there till my dad remarried then Anthony came into the picture. Then the thing with Tony and Jake happened, and Tony being my step-brother I had to defend him, which was the wrong choice cause it caused Jake and I to fight. I then thought about it and yeah, I was wrong and that I really hated Anthony's guts. So, I've been talking with Jake and as you can see we got our relationship fixed and I wanted to work back in the company instead if the one in China where my parents are currently running the branch there-well, my father's running it, my step-mom's just there to keep him company."

"Oh, okay. So, you're stuck with Anthony duties, then?" I teased.

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Apparently. But whatever. I hired someone to keep an eye on him from a distance."

"Wow, you hired a spy?" I said sarcasm dripping from my mouth.

"Ha ha. I actually hired ninjas."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "That's so original."

I then turned to Jake who's been quiet the entire time, and is now playing with his food. "Jake. You okay?"

He looked up and smiled slightly. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"How much have you eaten?" I asked worriedly.

He put down his fork and leaned back on the stool, then shrugged. "I dunno. I guess one-fourth of it?"

I sighed. "Well at least you ate something. Wanna drink your meds already?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, I guess." He said lazily.

I got the meds out of the bag and read the prescription. "Well, it says once a day, not in an empty stomach and that it can cause drowsiness." I said handing him the pill.

He drank it and finished his juice. He then groaned and lay his head on his arms that were in top of the island.

"You must be really sick, man."

"No shit Sherlock."

Kaleb and I chuckled. Kaleb's phone then rang.

He dug out his phone from his pocket and answered it. "Hello?"

"No, I'm at Jake's...he's sick...No, I have to help Nina take care of him. He gets cranky when he drinks this medicine..." That made me look at Jake.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You get cranky when you drink this?"

He nodded. "Sometimes. I don't know why this one has that effect on me."

"No you can't and that's final..." Kaleb said making me look back at him. "Anthony don't make me call Matthew..."

He ended the call and groaned. "I swear sometimes I just wanna punch him in the face."

Jake scoffed. "Then why don't you?"

Kaleb shrugged. "I don't wanna stoop down to his level."

Jake then groaned. "Okay! It's kicking in now. I feel drowsy."

I chuckled and stood up from the stool and went around to Jake. "Well, that was fast. Come on, then."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "You know I can go to bed on my own." he complained but still let me pull him.

I chuckled. "And I guess you're cranky side starts now."

Kaleb chuckled making me turn to him.

"I'll just bring him upstairs."

"Sure thing." he said amused.

Jake groaned irritably. "You don't need to tell him your every move, you know." he said pulling me out of the kitchen leaving a chuckling Kaleb behind.

"Well, someone's clingy." I said amused as we went up the stairs.

"You're my girl. Of course I'm clingy." he said as we reached his room.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him down the bed. "Yeah, whatever. Go to sleep already would you."

He lay on the bed and went under the covers hugging his pillow, his eyes getting droopy.

Wow, that pill worked fast. I just hoped he's feel better by tomorrow.

I kissed the top of his head. "Hope you feel better, babe."

Once I pulled away I saw that his eyes were already closed and that his breathing was even. Damn, it's either he's really tired or that pill really is fast.

I took three steps when I heard him mumble something making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Love you, Nina."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 34 50
Madison's pov. Part 1 My mother and father are good people. We live in a nice house, my mother and father have two kids, me, and my sister Lexie. Mom...
3.8K 54 19
Hi. I'm Kenzie Anderson. I'm not really good with these things so let's keep it straight forward. My parents just told me that my arranged soul mates...
132K 4.2K 25
(Y/n) has always attended Ouran. Her grades were always close to the top, and her status wasn't half bad either. She wasn't popular, not too well kno...
56 0 9
My friend at school told me he was writing a book called this but didn't know what it was going to be about, so I said "why don't we both write a ver...