Anthony's Angel ✓

By QuinnCatcher

"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side." More

Dangerous Men Series Information
Introducing Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
Anthony's Angel
0. Book 1: Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
I. My Prince Smile
II. Separation
III. illegal Flirting
IV. Triplets
V. Merciless
VI. Endurance
VII. Wine and Dine
Role of a Big Sister (Part I)
Role of a Big Sister (Part II)
VIII. Devil's Proposal
IX. Sealing the Deal with a Kiss
X. Contract of Marriage
XI. Be Aggressive
XII. Seducing an Angel
XIII. Jellyfish
XIV. Fxxx Me
XV. Panties Wetter
XVI. First Night
XVII. The Wedding Part I
XVIII. The Wedding Part II
XIX. The Realization
XX. Minnie Mouse
XXI. The Trap
XXII. The Italian Mafia
XXIII. Clean Slate
XXIV. Alexander Kuznetsov
XXV. Pretty Little Thing
XXVI. Submissive Woman
XXVII. Punish You
XXVIII. The Big Apple
XXIX. Sugar Daddy
XXX. How Far
XXXI. Massive Tent
XXXII. Intelligent Responses
XXXIII. Don't Break
XXXIV. Influential Families
XXXV. Nasty Note
XXXVI. His Smile is Contagious
XXXVII. This is Not Real
XXXVIII. Mouth of a Seducer
XXXIV. A Little Saucy
XL. The Bully
XLI. Fake it till You Make it
XLII. Gold Digger
XLIII. No Tears
XLIV. Ocean Rich
XLV. Bite Me
XLVI. Nostalgia
XLVII. Good Stalking Habits
XLVIII. Broccoli
XLIX. Elaborate for Me
L. Crybaby
LI. Foreplay
LIII. Someone Like Him
LIV. A Sense of Familiarity
author's note
Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
0. Book 2: Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
I. Against all Odds
II. I'm but a Child
III. Memories of Me
IV. Happily Ever After
V. Mrs.Maranzano
VI. Owie. Owie. Go Away
VII. I'm Miserable
VIII. A Storm
IX. Stefano De Luca
X. Husband's Acceptance
XI. Hating the Rival
XII. Raw Sushi
XIII. Disappointment
XIV. That Brat
XV. Defilement
author's note

LII. My Husband

5.8K 236 13
By QuinnCatcher

I know my face is an ugly sight. "Don't you find yourself being a bit too hypocritical?"

She stands there, unfazed by my response. "Hypocritical?"

"Yes, hypocritical. You ran away from an arranged marriage, and now you're forcing one on your son. So, yes, I believe the term for you is hypocritical." By now, I no longer care if she is Anthony's mother.

Suddenly, her lip curves upward. "So, you do have a backbone."

I stand my ground, no longer pushed around by the woman in front of me. "I didn't say anything for the past few days because you're Anthony's mamma, but enough is enough. No one enters my house and speaks about my husband's old fiance to spite me."

"Your house?"

"Yes, my house. Anthony is my husband now, and if you're here to break us apart, then I'm sorry, but you should leave." I'm mentally praying my words won't bite me back in the ass later.

She pouts, "Anthony, sweetheart, did you hear that?" I turn around to see the office door wide open with Anthony leaning against the frames. His arms crossed above his new clothes with hair still slightly damp from what happened earlier. She walks towards him. "How can you marry her? She is mean to mamma."

He sighs, "Mamma, don't you think you've played with her enough?"

I frown, not understanding what he means. Is his mother playing with me?

Her lip twists, "I still think Gabriella is better for you," she mumbles.

I scratch my head. "It seems like you two-" they suddenly paid all their attention to me, "are having a mother-son conversation so I'll-" I point two thumbs behind me. "I'll get going."

"Stay." At that moment, I felt like a dog listening to her master's command. I wanted to run, but my legs wouldn't listen to me.

Anthony pushes himself away from the door frame and walks towards me. "I was not engaged to anyone before I met you. There was talk about marriage from my mother and Gabriella's side of the family, but that was it - talk."

He positions a hand underneath my jawline and lifts it. "Do you understand my words, mio cuore?" I bit my lower lip. "You are not wrecking anything," he reassures me.

"I-I understand."

He motioned his hand towards my head and began running his fingers down my hair. He stops. Steadily, he moves towards my ear as I hold onto my elbow. "You should go take a shower. You're still quite sticky."

I close my eyes feeling his hot breath fanning my skin. Unable to answer, I merely nod and walk away.

While I head down the hallway, I can hear Anthony say: "Now, mamma, I believe it's time for us to have a long chat. Step into my office." The door closes.

I saunter to the shower, feeling a bit better after my confrontation with Anthony's mother. The steam fills the room, and I bathe my skin, taking careful notice of the marking Anthony left all over my body. After my shower, I slump into bed. "Gabriella, huh," I roll onto my stomach. "Probably really ugly since he didn't want her," I grumble into the pillow, knowing I'm lying to myself. If Anthony's mother pushes them together, then it must mean she is probably an exotic alien.

I lay there and continued staring at the door until a huff of breath exited my lungs. "Why are you so pathetically needy, Angelica?" I said, sitting upward in a crossing-leg position. "He married you, not her." I pinch my cheek. "So, stop it with the negative thoughts," I said, before leaping out of bed. Instead of moping around, I went to the chef to learn how to cook Anthony's favorite.

"What do you mean, you don't know his favorite?" The chef, whom I found out to be named Peter said.

Peter scratched his head. "I know what not to cook for Mr.Marazano."

I frown, "What doesn't he like?"

"Nothing too sweet. Overall, Mr.Maranzano isn't a picky eater." He gave me a grimy smile due to his lack of response. "I suggest asking Mr.Marazano himself."

"It's just-" I lean in closer. "Can you keep a secret?"

Peter shakes his head. "No."

"Peter."

"But, for you Mrs.Maranzano, I am willing to make an exception."

"Lily and I are throwing all the guys a party as a thank you for being so kind to us."

Peter smiled, "Then, may I input some thoughts?"

"Input away."

"Anything the both of you cook, they will enjoy it," he said before returning to the half-cut-up carrots.

I rest my elbow against the counter while my body sways back and forth. "They don't do many celebrations here, do they?"

Peter shakes his head. "I haven't been here for a long time, but from what I gathered. Mr.Maranzano rarely celebrates. Honestly, this is the first time I've witnessed him staying in the mansion this long."

After a few more words of exchange, I decided to leave Peter alone to his duties. Walking around the mansion, I gathered information about the guys, but there wasn't much. Many of them didn't even know Antonio had a wife! They hide their personal life well.

The moon came out to play, and I decided to halt my investigation. Resting my tummy on the bed, my eyes stroll through the human body once more. The door creaks open, and I turn my head. "It's quite late. Why aren't you asleep?" Anthony ask.

I turn on my phone to see that it's already 2 am. I must have studied longer than I thought. I closed the book and lay it on the nightstand. "I was studying and must have lost time. You're back late."

His finger unbuttons the shirt, and I watch as he shrugs it off his shoulder. Standing upward, I walk towards him and grab his shirt. My tongue slid out as he went for his pants. "There was some more work to be done."

I look away when he pulls down his pants, scowling at myself for being so darn horny. Releasing a sigh, I look down at the shirt to see a red stain. "Did you eat ketchup for dinner or something?"

I began running my finger through the stain, but quickly realized it was much too dark to be ketchup or any other condiment. Anthony grabbed the shirt but didn't pull it away from me. "Just throw it away."

I continue staring at the red stain.

"Mio cuore," he calls for me.

My mind didn't acknowledge him.

The sound of gunshots echoed throughout my ears - so horrifically loud.

Anthony reaches his hand out for my cheek, but I flinch before he can touch me. I didn't mean to respond like that. Steadily, I look up to see the pain on his face, but as quickly as it came - it disappears.

"I-I'm sorry," I said before turning my back and heading towards the trashcan. My eyes motion all over the place, preventing me from looking at the bloody shirt. Once I reach the bathroom, I throw it in the trash and continue staring at it.

That night, we slept back to back.

The days continued, and Anthony's mother wasn't as grouchy as she used to be, which is pleasant, yet somehow I can't help but feel uncomfortable.

Lily and I went to school per usual. Unlike other days, we decided to stay in the library and study. We need a day away from all the mamma's drama. Lily had her ears plugged in headphones as she mouthed law codes to herself while I was solving mathematical problems finding it much easier due to the extra tutoring I receive at home.

A pair of hands capture my eyes. "Guess who?" the overly familiar voice sang.

"Francesco?"

He removes his hands. "Anthony is right. You are a surprise spoiler."

I smile, hearing how Anthony talks about me to his younger brother. "Why are you here? I thought you dislike learning," I question, seeing Lily still in her own little world. If there were an epidemic attack, she probably wouldn't even notice.

"I loathe it," he replies, taking a seat. "Besides, I'm here because I heard there was a party, and someone-" he points a finger at me, "didn't tell me."

Due to all the mamma issues arising, mini fall out with Anthony, and studying, partying is the last thing I'm concerned about. I grabbed my backpack and dug into it until an envelope made its appearance. "Someone told me to pass it to you. You're invited to a party."

He gave me a lopsided look. "Well, thanks for remembering."

"Better late than never, right?" I push the envelope closer to him. He grabs it and tucks it inside without reading the content. "You're not going to open it?"

Puckering his lip, he shakes his head. "No, I already opened the first invite, and I supposed that the fourth one would be the same."

"They invite you four times to one party?"

He rests an ankle on his thigh. "What can I say? It's not a party without my wondrous presence." I roll my eyes at his high self-esteem. "You're not going?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I'm married, so it's not a good idea to go to these types of parties."

He nudges a brow. "It's not unfaithful if you simply go to a party and get some decent drink."

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm not saying it's unfaithful; rather I prefer not to. I've heard things about this party and going will damage Anthony's reputation."

Francesco tilts his head ever so slightly. "You're boring, sorella maggiore."

"Being boring means a peaceful life without a headache."

"Not being married to a gang leader can also bring peace," his voice is half-heartedly joking yet serious. He stands up and straightens out his brown shirt. "If you ever change your mind, I'll gladly escort you sorella maggiore," he grins widely.

"I'll take that into consideration."

He nods and excuses himself out of the library.

"There is something about Francesco," Lily suddenly said, her eyes still pinned to the book. I thought she was listening to music, but I guess not. Her ears were still covered with plugs, but it seemed like whatever song she was listening to was over.

I laid my chin on the table. "What do you mean?"

"Don't you...feel like something is off with Francesco?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40K 48
"Know it's hard to trust but we've been through to much shit, we can't give up." Risk It All On Love.
42.1K 2.7K 11
"I don't f*cking care if you are my elder brother or the boss of this gang! Just stay in your limits if you don't want me to beat the shit out of you...
11.9K 108 18
"I wanted you to leave the gang. Because of it you are in danger. And why you still here, conmigo?" He said softly on my ear. "Just because some dest...
26.5K 353 22
" you can rescue everyone but sometimes you're the one who really needs rescuing. "