CAN YOU FIND MY KILLER?βœ”

By NancyRauniar

#COMPLETED [HORROR-THRILLER] #34 in psychic-abilities #52 in psycho-thriller #60 in sociopath This is her... More

Author's Note
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Part 1)
Chapter 10 ( Part 2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Part 1)
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18 (Part 1)
Chapter 18 (Part 2)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
EPILOGUE

Chapter 22

54 7 0
By NancyRauniar

"Shoot! I forgot to take my mobile phone. Please return fast!" I said desperately.

"Ava, you really clumsy. Fix this habit of yours soon, will you?Thank God we did not went far" Michael said slightly scolding.

"I am sorry" I said sheepishly.

We went back to Miss Hammington's house.

"Uncle, wait here. I'll be back soon" I said jumping of the car.

"Wait, I'll come with you!" Nick said to me.

I nodded. We started walking together when Nick abruptly stopped walking.

"What happened?"

"Something does not feel right. Let's go quietly. Ok?"

I nodded. I followed him and gave me the sign that he will go inside first and check once.

Suddenly, I heard him calling me.

"Ava! Ava! Call detective first"

I hurried inside. The door was unlocked. I went inside. I froze, my mind became blank. Miss Hammington was dead. Her body was lying helplessly bleeding on the floor. There were strangling marks on her neck and she was stabbed twice on her chest and stomache. She was dead.

"What in the world happened. What took you so much tim- Oh my God! " Michael exclaimed and ran towards her.

"Ava! Did you see anything ?" He asked me almost shouting.

"No, she was lying like this" I said to him tears forming in my eyes.

"Wait, there is a note here" Nick said picking it up from her hand.

See you soon :)

"Ah-Wha! You scared me Nick. Sometimes I forget that you are also present here.

What the heck! He is getting out of control. Nick did she told you anything" Michael said angrily looking at the note and called the police.

"He killed her. It's all my fault. If I didn't have that power this wouldn't have happened" I said slowly tears dripping down my face.

Nick hugged me and said "It's not your fault Ava. Having this power has nothing to do with it. So it's not your fault. We now need to take him down. Calm down. Hmm?"

"Nick, are you present hare? Did Miss Hammington said anything before you know.

Guys, listen to me. I'll handle this. You both visit Priest Mason now. I'll join you soon. Here is the address" Michael ordered to us.

I took the address. We nodded and went where the car was parked.

"Can you drive?" Nick asked me.

"I am fine now"

"I just asked because I don't want to be killed twice you know?" He said teasing me.

I started the car and went to the address.
We stepped out of the car.

"Wait Nick, you can't go inside. I'll have a talk with priest Mason wait for me here"

"Ok. Be careful. Ill be waiting outside for you"

I nodded and went inside the church and were greeted by a friendly looking old man.

"Hello, young lady!"

"Hello, I wish to meet Priest Mason can you tell me where can I find him?"

"You came at the right time, his is in his room. Have a seat, I'll call him for you" he said and went away.

"Sure, thank you"

I sat on the bench and closed my eyes. It was peaceful.

"Hello"

"Oh! hello are you priest Mason?" I asked a man. He was young and handsome.

"Yes, may I know why did you want to meet with me?"

"Miss Alina Hammington wanted us to meet with you"

"Miss Hammington was close to my teacher.
They worked on several cases. It's been a while since I met her. How is she?"

"She was dead this morning" I said slowly.

"What!" he was shocked

"What happened?"

I then told him about everything single thing.

"I see. He is one powerful ghost. It was the major failure of father hans. He always told me that he will come back. I guess this was the day he talked about. I will help you. Everything will end with him. Before that I need to show you something come with me. He said standing up"

We went to a room. He opened locked door. It was big and very well organised.

This was my teachers room. Have a seat. I sat on the sofa next to the bed. Priest Mason opened the locked small cabinet next to the wardrobe. He took out some files and sat opposite to me.

"After much finding we found that there was a person named Craig Shephard who 50 years ago killed his wife and the daughter in the rage. His 15 year old boy trying to save his mother and sister stabbed him with the wooden cross right in the heart but his body has been missing. They searched the entire area but didn't find it. Also the boy's whereabouts were found unknown. Soon, we found that he is in mental hospital. He is the only one who knows what happened after that. The police at that time speculated that he might have buried his body somewhere but it is vain. The trauma caused him such a pain that now he couldn't recognize anyone. He is 73 years old now. His name is Ethan Shepherd. Also, they said that Craig was born with twisted mind. He was born psychopath.

As you can see in these pictures, there were skeleton found in his parents backyard. The remains were identified as his parents and three other unknown people"

I was shocked. How can a person do that?

"Ok, but how do you know that this ghost is this person?" I asked him confused

"Because the house where he killed his family and where he died is the same house where you are living right now. But his house was demolished after that since no one was willing to buy. One family lived there before you all shifted"

Only one word- horrified . I was totally horrified. It took me few minutes to digest it.

"We need to stop him. Is there any way?"

"Yes, there is but-"

"But what?"

"I am pretty sure that he has totally controlled the body. If we execute him we will kill the body too"

"Then we don't have any way except killing him. Right?"

"Right. To kill him we need to find his remains and the murderer himself. Once we encounter him, I will perform exorcism and burn his skeleton that is found. This is the only way"

"And for that we need to know where his son buried it?"

"Yes, even if we try it's all useless. I need to think other way. Give me sometime"

"But there is the hope right? Let's visit the hospital once more" I said determined.

"Fine, I'll come with you" he said

"Sure"

We went outside, I could see Nick waiting impatiently.

"Ava, what took you so long? I thought something happened! Did you find anything?" He said to me

"Why are you not talking? He is asking you something" Suddenly Priest Mason said to me.

"What ! You could also see Nick?"

"Oh, so his name is Nick. Did I forget to mention that I am also a psychic. Since, I was outlasted Father Hans took me under his wings" he said calmly.

Nothing surprises me anymore

"But be careful Nick, I am priest try not to come in contact with me" he said seriously

Nick was dumbfounded. He just nodded.

"I am joking, but we careful" he said smiling.

"Ok, then let's go" I said.

"Go where?" Nick asked.

"Come on I'll tell you on the way"

_______________________________________

Well, it was unexpected right?

We are nearing the ending soon, it's a pity.

Anyway stay tuned for upcoming chapters!!

Don't forget to:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Eyewitness By Sana Alvi

Mystery / Thriller

1.3K 109 21
Highest ranking # 11 in twistsandturns (Aug 03, 2018) Cold chills went down Zoya's spine, she gently moved her freezing hands on her mouth to control...
32K 1K 13
"Can't you see? It's you I wanna be with, no one else, and I don't want you to be with anyone else either, I'll do anything to keep it like that." S...
414 36 22
Don't open a scam email, or risk being trapped of what it put you in, and there's no way of escape... But how much would you go by saving a friend, j...
3.9K 231 28
Annie Bloom is an average girl. She's in college, has a best friend, works, and studies. Yet one day she finds herself attacked, hospitalized, and...