Spy School: We Meet Again

By _GoneForNow_

3 years after Ben's first mission, he disappeared. He didn't leave a letter or a note, just ran away, not to... More

Chapter 1: Where it all started
Chapter 2: After a few years
Chapter 3: A new mission
Chapter 4: Is it really you?
Chapter 5: The explanation of everything and nothing
Chapter 6: How have you been?
Chapter 7: Burgers
Chapter 8: Walk around the city
Chapter 9: The apartment
Chapter 10: Late, late night talk
Chapter 11: Good morning...
Chapter 12: Low point
Chapter 13: What is happening?
Chapter 14: Please let me know
Chapter 15: Don't do it
Chapter 16: This is what happened
Chapter 17: The explosion
Chapter 18: Going back home
Chapter 19: Don't tell anyone
Chapter 20: No more secrets
Chapter 22: Waking up
Chapter 23: Better
Chapter 24: It's complicated
Chapter 25: Blaze
Chapter 26: Erica's home
Chapter 27: Nightmare
Chapter 28: Family reunion
Chapter 29: Departure
Chapter 30: Road trip
Chapter 31: Hollywood
Chapter 32: Friends
Chapter 33: Three days
Chapter 34: Hideout
Chapter 35: The Fall
Epilogue

Chapter 21: Getting closer

5.2K 42 51
By _GoneForNow_

Erica's POV

Everything hurt. I had chills running through me every few minutes, I was sweating like crazy, my head hurt like hell and I'm not even gonna mention the cut on my side and the sore muscles from yesterday. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. That's surprising, considering that I'm a spy and my job literally consists of putting my life in danger, in order to protect other people's lives.

I was still lying in bed and it's strange. I'm used to waking up early in the morning. And I mean really early in the morning, but Ben hasn't allowed me to get out of bed, saying that I need rest. I understand where he is coming from, but it's hard for me to do nothing.

He gave me a few instructions to follow, like drink a lot of water and try to sleep as much as I can, and it is nice that someone cares for me, but I'm not used to it.

"Hey, sorry to disturb you, but I made you some chicken soup. Do you want some?" Ben slowly entered the room, with a tray table in his hands.

"Oh, so I'm getting breakfast in bed?" The soup did smell really nice, filling the whole room with its rich aroma.

"Well more like lunch in bed, but yes." He came to the side of the bed and placed the table over me, once I sat up.

"Ben, thank you, but you really don't need to take care of me, like this."

"Look, you were the one who didn't want to go to the hospital, because of that, you have to live with my rules. One of them being, you have to let me, take care of you." Wasn't I supposed to be the stubborn one? "It's actually quite hard for me to understand, why you have a hard time accepting my help. If I would be in your place, I would be grateful that someone wants to help me."

"Ben, it's not like I am not grateful for your help, it's just that, in my opinion, you have already done more than enough, considering how I have acted toward you, the whole time I have known you." I'm actually surprised that he didn't leave me in the tunnel to die, but this is Ben, he always has cared for everyone.

"Oh, don't start acting like you haven't been nice to me at all. Now eat, before it gets cold." He exited the room and now I was sitting alone.

The soup was delicious. He really is a great cook. I thought I knew almost everything about him, but now I can see, that there are probably so many things that I still don't know. For example, I didn't know that he could cook and I didn't know that he could sing or play the piano. Did he know how to do these things before, or did he learn them after he left? I actually want to learn more about him, but after everything that has happened, I don't think he will want me to stay for long.

I sat in silence, pondering what has happened and what I want in life. I thought I had everything figured out, but now the thing that was the most important for me doesn't seem so important anymore.

"Finished?" Ben entered the room again.

"Yes, thank you!" Let me guess, he is going to ask me next if I want some more water.

"Do you want me to bring you some more water?" What did I just say?! He is so predictable.

"Well, you will bring me more anyway, even if I say that I don't need any. So is there any point for me to answer your question?"

"No, not really. " Ben took the tray table but still stayed in the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess," I answered. "bored out of my mind, but otherwise I'll live."

"Are you tired?" He still stayed in the same spot.

"I wouldn't say that I am able to run a marathon, but if you want me to sleep, that's not going to happen. I'm not that tired." Ben chuckled and turned around with the tray table in hand.

"Well, then I will be right back. I have an idea of what we can do." With that, he walked out of the room again. To be fair, I already have lost count of how many times he has walked back and forth just to bring me something. But what is he up to now? It really doesn't matter of how many times I have told him to stop taking care of me, he still does.

A shiver ran down my spine and I was getting cold again, so I wrapped up in the duvet. I hate being sick with a burning passion. There is so much that I have to do. SPYDER is still active, but I'm sitting in bed doing nothing. I have to get up and go find some information.

At that moment Ben walked back in with the same tray table. When he saw that I was standing up he just gave me a hard stare. "Erica, what are you doing?"

Ben's POV

As I walked in the room I saw Erica standing up, with the duvet around her shoulders.

"I can't sit still while SPYDER is still active. I have to go and find out if they are doing anything." Oh boy... this is going to be fun to convince her to not think about SPYDER.

I placed the tray table down on the floor for now and came up to her. "Look you have to understand that while you are sick you aren't going to get far with this. Before you plan on destroying them you have to take care of yourself." She looked determined and that meant she will not change her mind easily.

"Everything will be fine, I will just push myself a little harder and not think about the pain." Are you kidding me? What is she thinking?

She tried to take a step forward, but I placed both of my hands on her shoulders and sat her back down on the bed. I received an angry look my way, but soon she turned her head away from me and put on a pouting look on her face. She looked like a little kid, who is having a temper tantrum when she hasn't gotten what she wants. Apparently, this is how she acts when she is sick.

"Erica look at me." But she still didn't, so I did the only thing that I could think of at that moment. I crouched down in front of her and turned her head my way by holding her chin. "Look Erica I knew that sooner or later this would happen, so I took care of some things when you were sleeping." She looked intensely at me. "Your mother and grandfather want to bring down SPYDER now more than ever since they think that you are dead. I want to destroy them too since they destroyed my life, so I called your mother and we agreed that I will join them to help them find more information. It will be a way for both of us to keep an eye on SPYDER." I stood up and went to pick up the tray table, but continued to talk. "They are keeping a close eye on SPYDER and if something will happen, they will tell me. For now, I told them that I have some things that I need to take care of so I will join them later, but they will still keep me up to date on what's happening." I walked to the other side of the room and set the table in the middle of the bed. "So If you want to know if SPYDER is causing trouble now, I can tell you that no they are not. I would advise you to first take care of yourself and then when you are feeling well again, I promise that I will help you in whatever way I can to take them down, once and for all. Now, allow your family to monitor them."

I finally sat down on the bed and gave Erica a smile. "Is this okay with you?"

She took a deep breath and looked at me: "Yes, I am just exaggerating again. I'm used to the fact that I'm normally the one who takes care of everything, so now when I'm feeling weak, I want to take back control in whatever way I can. But if you tell me that everything is fine, I will try my best to finally take care of myself."

"Good to hear. So back to what I was planning for us to do." I sat closer to the table. "First, I made some tea for you, so here you go." I passed it to her.

"I want to say you shouldn't have, but I know there is no point because you aren't listening to me anyway." Erica said to me.

"That is correct. See, you are already learning!"

"Ha! If only."

We both laughed a little and then I continued to reveal my plans: "So, I was thinking that since you will not go to sleep, even tho that should be something you should be doing, we could watch some movies. I already bought some snacks and if you will want some more tea I have some in this thermos here."

"You really thought of everything." She was still looking at me.

"Well, I suppose that also has changed, since I got older." Erica giggled at my comment.

Yeey! I pushed myself today and wrote a new chapter that I actually don't hate!

This month is really hectic for me so I don't know when I will have the time to write some more, but I will try my best. I think from now on, I sadly won't have a set upload schedule and I'm sorry about that.

But I hope you liked this chapter and I hope to see you back when I upload the next one! (Whenever that might be.)

Bye! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 317 24
The sequel to Spy School: Life After School goes in depth on the relationship between Ben and Erica while a devious new villain plots to take control...
29K 505 22
Ben, Erica, Mike and Zoe have made some new friends over summer break. After nearly getting killed, all Ben wants is a couple of months of freedom fr...
76.8K 1.1K 28
There's a new girl at Spy School who is as good, maybe even better, than the great Erica Hale. Erica, obviously, is not happy about her arrival, wher...
8.8K 137 14
Takes place after Spy School British Invasion. Ben, Erica and their friends have defeated SPYDER once and for all, but that doesn't mean they don't s...